Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

reverses still not possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> reverses still not possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
reverses still not possible? - 10/24/2007 3:51:09 PM   
Scott_WAR

I know this has been brought up before, and I really dont know why its such a problem to fix.............. We need a command for the QB or RB/FB to hand off the ball to a WR. The only way to make a reverse play now is to split a RB/FB out as a WR.
Post #: 1
RE: reverses still not possible? - 10/24/2007 6:45:01 PM   
Marauders

Handoff/Pitch: to WR was an item requested and considered for the 2.0 release.  It was on the short list.

The defense would also need the ability to Line Up On: and Key: the WR in order to combat reverses and end around plays.

There was not time to add these and test them thoroughly against AI busting prior to the 2.0 release.

Thank you for bringing it up.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 2
RE: reverses still not possible? - 12/16/2007 7:55:07 AM   
Marauders

Just to be clear, the ability to Line Up On: and Key: the TE and WR have been in the game for a while, but the beta team has not been tasked to test plays with the TE and WR as the ball carrier. 

Not having end around and reverse plays at this time is for AI buster purposes and not because it could not be put into the game.  It is an obvious wish list feature for a future version of the game.

I should note that defensive plays in Maximum Football can be set up much like FBPro, with defenders set up in Man as a Match Up by player speed or other skill, or they can be set up Man to line up on and key to given players.  The latter is helpful for setting up combination Man-Zone defensive schemes.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> reverses still not possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI