Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Community website scenario's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Community website scenario's Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Community website scenario's - 10/26/2007 8:07:33 PM   
Banquet

Hi,

I've just bought Advanced Tactics and am really looking forward to playing it as it sounds great! While I was waiting for the download I followed the link to the community website and notice there are 8 scenario's up for download that seem to have been there some time. Can someone confirm these are ready to go with Advanced Tactics (rather than People's Tactics)

The scenario's sound really interesting and it's great if they're ready.. but I wanted to check as they've been there a few months and the game only just got released.

cheers

< Message edited by Banquet -- 10/26/2007 8:09:01 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/26/2007 8:25:57 PM   
Erik Rutins

They should work fine, as far as I know.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 2
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/26/2007 8:27:01 PM   
Banquet

Brilliant, thanks Erik

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/26/2007 9:32:54 PM   
tweber

The scenarios have been up for a long time since we have been developing this for a while ; )

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 4
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/26/2007 9:39:38 PM   
Southpaw Samurai

One thing I noticed that seems common on these scenarios (which seem to work fine... haven't put more than a few turns in any yet... was mainly curious about the extent some have changed the graphics, etc) is that when you click on a unit for details, its image only shows the upper left corner of the unit image (whereas the default scenarios show the full image).

As I haven't played with completely modifying a scenario with new graphics yet, is this simply an issue of a change in the way the game engine displays the unit picture from whatever development version these were created under and the fine production one or is this a potential issue anyone making custom art for is going to have to work around or otherwise deal with?

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 5
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/27/2007 11:25:25 PM   
TheHellPatrol

The "Tolkienesque" scenario is very reminiscent of my fave Warlords series of games...very cool. The ACW looks great as well, this is indeed a flexible engine and i look forward to what lies ahead.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Southpaw Samurai)
Post #: 6
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 12:04:38 AM   
Erik Rutins

Yeah, I strongly recommend that everyone who owns AT register and sign in at the community website. Try out all the extra scenarios there for maximum entertainment!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 7
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 12:45:48 AM   
Awac835

Dont forget the ladder

Post #: 8
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 1:54:46 AM   
McGlu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southpaw Samurai

One thing I noticed that seems common on these scenarios (which seem to work fine... haven't put more than a few turns in any yet... was mainly curious about the extent some have changed the graphics, etc) is that when you click on a unit for details, its image only shows the upper left corner of the unit image (whereas the default scenarios show the full image).

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Is there a fix planned for this, Vic? The artwork looks very nice, and I'd really like to see the larger version in it's entirety in the detail screen.

(in reply to Southpaw Samurai)
Post #: 9
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 2:33:27 AM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, as far as I know a fix is planned for that.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to McGlu)
Post #: 10
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 2:42:53 AM   
TheHellPatrol

I would love to see more Fantasy battles, i can't stop playing the Tolkienesque scenario. Of course as it is you have a much wider array of choices/strategies and a modern era game will expand on that. This game would be awesome for Starship Troopers, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000 and anything else within someone's imagination. The future is very bright for this little gem.

Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 11
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 3:08:05 AM   
Erik Rutins

I agree, Elliott. I was thinking of redoing one of my Warlords II Deluxe scenarios once I saw what the editor could do.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 12
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 3:27:44 AM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I agree, Elliott. I was thinking of redoing one of my Warlords II Deluxe scenarios once I saw what the editor could do.

If you do please share it with us.

Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 13
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 3:29:27 AM   
Kipper

I hope Vic didn't make it too flexible - it would be nice to get a him a nice stream of ongoing cash out of this classic with scenario packs, mods, major upgrades, etc.;-)

I think I easily have $40 worth of gaming already compared to purchases of recent years and am into pure gaming profit(!), so I have no problem making the odd payment to keep this guy and his helpers in the gaming business!

Post #: 14
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 3:42:05 AM   
Kipper

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol
I would love to see more Fantasy battles, i can't stop playing the Tolkienesque scenario.

Actually your post has really made me think. I have been having a great time with the operationally authentic North Africa 41. And yet you're having fun with the fanasy scenario. Hard to appreciate that we're talking about the same game isn't it? Talk about flexibility!

< Message edited by Kipper -- 10/28/2007 3:43:39 AM >

Post #: 15
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 4:12:18 AM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kipper

Actually your post has really made me think. I have been having a great time with the operationally authentic North Africa 41. And yet you're having fun with the fanasy scenario. Hard to appreciate that we're talking about the same game isn't it? Talk about flexibility!

Especially considering the fantasy scenario wasn't even part of the release, the AI is smoking me...so far. It's like a cake made out of all frosting...always a good piece.

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Kipper)
Post #: 16
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 6:45:28 AM   
freeboy

oh joy

Post #: 17
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 6:50:13 PM   
cdbeck

Try Tweber's Great War scenario as well... I loaded it up and immediately was struck with how well done it was.

Erik... MAKE THAT MOD! I want to see what one of the Matrix Gods can do!

Once I figure out the editor, I am planning on doing a group of scenarios set in the Emperor of the Fading Suns universe. The first scenario I have planned is a "recapture your homeworld from the rebels" (which is always what you had to do first in the original EotFS). Then maybe an invasion scenario and finally a scenario agaubst the Symbiots or Vau. I have the original tech tree and unit list that shipped with the game, so that shouldn't be a problem. If anyone knows where I can get some art assets, for unit graphics, that would be great. I have the original CD and a Home of the Underdogs version on my HD right now, but I am not sure that I can extract the unit graphics from there.

I think, with the research and economy aspects of AT, it would be perfect to redo (on a smaller scale) the research and economy of EotFS. I haven't yet figured out how I might do space scenarios (but, to be fair, space battles were only secondary in EotFS).

SoM

< Message edited by Son_of_Montfort -- 10/28/2007 6:52:54 PM >

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 18
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 7:00:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

Seems to me that space could just be a different version of "oceans" as it has been in many space strategy games, with planets as islands. Have you seen that scenario in the latest Civ expansion that converted Civ into a Master of Orion-type game?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 19
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 7:08:27 PM   
Awac835

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

I would love to see more Fantasy battles, i can't stop playing the Tolkienesque scenario. Of course as it is you have a much wider array of choices/strategies and a modern era game will expand on that. This game would be awesome for Starship Troopers, Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000 and anything else within someone's imagination. The future is very bright for this little gem.

I wouldnt mind a Warhammer 40k mod

Post #: 20
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 7:33:42 PM   
Mightfox

Hm..perhaps a star trek mod could even be made.

"Alright, I accept. I will show you how a Prussian officer can fight." "And I will show you...where the Iron Crosses grow." - Cross of Iron (1977)

(in reply to Awac835)
Post #: 21
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 9:53:27 PM   
RViener

AOL is my ISP and forsome reason I cannot download the scenarios. Could someone please email me the tolkienesque scenario.
Thanks in advance,
Robert

(in reply to Mightfox)
Post #: 22
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 10:02:15 PM   
Banquet

I think I've attached it to a PM. I have trouble getting into the site myself at times.

(in reply to RViener)
Post #: 23
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 10:24:28 PM   
cdbeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Seems to me that space could just be a different version of "oceans" as it has been in many space strategy games, with planets as islands. Have you seen that scenario in the latest Civ expansion that converted Civ into a Master of Orion-type game?

I have the Civ expansion, so I see where you are going with this. The problem would in trying to model the mostly ground based combat of EotFS with space transport to take troops from planet to planet. I guess you could make a huge map with "islands" in space to be planets. Kinda lame, I would think.

That is why I thought about story driven scenarios, each "set-piece" battles of a larger campaign. The first would be home planet pacification, next could be invasion of rival, next would be defense from aliens... all in a final bid to become emperor.

Warhammer 40K would be good in theory, but units rely so much on special abilities to demarcate them in that game, it might be a bit "bland." I wish someone would update Rites of War, which I liked very much.

Now a Dune - Battle for Arrakis scenario... that has HUGE potential. Need to brush up some desert squares with red to denote spice fields... Would feel great to have 50 Sardaukar collide against 100 Fremen warriors to see who wins! You could research "Wierding Modules" and produce Feydakin... it would be spectacular!

SoM

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

Post #: 24
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 10:39:09 PM   
Matto

Hi,I tested really good looking scenario Great War ... tryed start like A-H, all others was set to AI ... and game crashed:It is classical "Not reference set to object" ... sorry for my Czech Windows
It crashed during AI routinne during first turn (German AI was ok) ...  ************** Text výjimky **************
System.NullReferenceException: Odkaz na objekt není nastaven na instanci objektu.
  v WindowsApplication1.AIClass.ExecChangeHQ()
  v WindowsApplication1.AIClass.ExecuteAI()
  v WindowsApplication1.GameLoopMainWindowClass.handleTimer()
  v WindowsApplication1.ScreenClass.HandleTimer()
  v WindowsApplication1.Form1.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  v System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
  v System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  v System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) 
************** Naètená sestavení **************
mscorlib
   Verze sestavení: 2.0.0.0
   Verze Win32: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
   Základ kódu: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WindowsApplication1
   Verze sestavení: 1.0.2854.17237
   Verze Win32: 1.0.2854.17237
   Základ kódu: file:///D:/mat/advtac/bin/AdvancedTactics.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   Základ kódu: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
   Základ kódu: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
   Základ kódu: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Verze sestavení: 8.0.0.0
   Verze Win32: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
   Základ kódu: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
   Verze sestavení: 0.84.0.0
   Verze Win32: 0.84.0.0
   Základ kódu: file:///D:/mat/advtac/bin/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL
mscorlib.resources
   Základ kódu: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
   Verze Win32: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
   Základ kódu: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_cs_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
---------------------------------------  

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 25
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/28/2007 11:33:15 PM   
seille

Hello Matto,

Maybe you tried to play the human only variant against the AI.
That version the AI can´t handle.
Pls make sure you uncheck the option i marked in the screen
when playing with AI´s.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 26
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/29/2007 12:08:39 AM   
Matto

Hi,I completly sure, I disabled it ... and now I tested it again. It creshed again ... AI step about 103, I think second AI after A-H ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 27
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/29/2007 12:19:09 AM   
Matto

It look like The West AI problem ... when I started with The West (all others AI) than it works ...

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 28
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/29/2007 4:21:59 AM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

Warhammer 40K would be good in theory, but units rely so much on special abilities to demarcate them in that game, it might be a bit "bland." I wish someone would update Rites of War, which I liked very much.

Now a Dune - Battle for Arrakis scenario... that has HUGE potential. Need to brush up some desert squares with red to denote spice fields... Would feel great to have 50 Sardaukar collide against 100 Fremen warriors to see who wins! You could research "Wierding Modules" and produce Feydakin... it would be spectacular!

SoM

Agreed, Rites of War...i remember that one...i think it stopped working with XP?

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 29
RE: Community website scenario's - 10/29/2007 6:27:36 AM   
Percopius

Do you remeber Warhammer 40,000: Liberation? Or Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate?

P. 

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Community website scenario's Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI