Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 - 11/14/2007 10:31:33 AM   
micvik

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

JD, there is a retired field for players.

Could you add a "view retired players" option and allow players to be retired or unretired in a future version of the MaxFB Database Editor? It would be helpful.

Just added it. Will be available in version 1.4 (along with the ability to global edit retiremnet based on the players' ages).

jhhalfrack I really apreciate your work.

I was wondering since you're working on retired player stuff maybe you could make it so one could insert the graduating players in a 4 year college database into a pro database as a draft class.

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 31
RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 - 11/14/2007 4:36:57 PM   
Marauders

quote:

I was wondering since you're working on retired player stuff maybe you could make it so one could insert the graduating players in a 4 year college database into a pro database as a draft class.

That would require the program to check the year of the players and transfer those 4th year players to the other league by changing the league number of those to the new league and the player year to 0 for all players.  I suspect that could be done.

It would take some work though, and JD only has a limited amount of time.

Of course, Winter Break is coming soon.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 32
RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 - 11/14/2007 7:56:31 PM   
David Winter

Copying/moving players from one DB to another is technically possible. You would have to check for duplicate player ID's along the way. It's very possible that two players from two leagues have the same Player ID.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 33
RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 - 11/14/2007 9:04:27 PM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: micvik

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

JD, there is a retired field for players.

Could you add a "view retired players" option and allow players to be retired or unretired in a future version of the MaxFB Database Editor? It would be helpful.

Just added it. Will be available in version 1.4 (along with the ability to global edit retiremnet based on the players' ages).

jhhalfrack I really apreciate your work.

After fifteen quotes....

Truthfully, that would not be too hard (like David says, it would just be a matter of checking for duplicate IDs, which is easy) But, first, I need to get my version 1.4 out. I'm being held up on the body images. I just can't find a way to nicely encode that. I mean, I can display the current body images, face images, etc... but, it's proving much harder than I anticipated to check for existing images and such (mainly because I'm hardly ever on a computer that has Max Fb installed).

I like the idea of "generating" a draft class from one league (a college league), then inserting that class into another league (an NFL/CFL/etc... league).

Anyway, I will release version 1.4 Friday regardless... either with the body tab enabled or without it enabled (depending on how I feel about my progress).

JD

Latest Max FB Databse Editor: Max FB Database Editor (v 1.7.0)

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 34
RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 - 11/14/2007 9:07:31 PM   
David Winter

quote:

but, it's proving much harder than I anticipated to check for existing images and such (mainly because I'm hardly ever on a computer that has Max Fb installed).

I'm afraid I don't understand. What is the goal of the task? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 35
RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 - 11/14/2007 9:13:11 PM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter
I'm afraid I don't understand. What is the goal of the task? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

That's the problem.... I'm not even sure. Someone had asked a while back to include the option to edit skin/hands/faces/etc... but I don't want to just leave it as a number. I can add the option to actually see what it is that you are choosing. But, I'm confused as to the limitations (if there are any) of custom images.

Truthfully, the bigger issue is just a lack of time. I am always at school recently, which isnt a problem for writing my editor, but I can't install Max FB on these computers or the administration get pretty mad . I will experiment more with this option as I have time. Then, I will explain my problem in more detail if I haven't figured it out.

JD

Latest Max FB Databse Editor: Max FB Database Editor (v 1.7.0)

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 36
RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 - 11/14/2007 9:18:58 PM   
David Winter

Hmm well a custom image shouldn't make much of a difference if the person doing the artwork has followed the naming convention. Any user editable artwork is bmp format so you should have no difficulties loading and displaying it.

Maybe look at how the shipping utilities handles this.. it might give you an idea.

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> RE: [UTILITY] Max FB Database Editor v 1.3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI