Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

General Questions: Add-On Installation and Game Setup

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> General Questions: Add-On Installation and Game Setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
General Questions: Add-On Installation and Game Setup - 11/7/2007 10:42:44 AM   
casp

Hi, Everyone...

I am new to PureSim and have yet to start anything substantial. I have two questions regarding add-ins and one general one about game setup.

First, in adding faces to the game rosters (particularly the 100MB download described as the "gold standard" for face add-ons) how does one go about doing this? In other words, to where is the file zipped?

Secondly, I have the same question/issue w/ respect to the ballpark backgrounds.

Finally, I have this general question about game setup: if I simply want to play a haphazard bunch of games using a particular real team roster and year against real teams of that same year can I do that? It appears that I have to "manage" my team against other teams in a set schedule for that particular real year. For example, if I just want to play a bunch of games of the Expos vs. the Padres can I do that without recreating a fictional league using the real teams and rosters for a particular year. It would be fun just to take my team from my year and play any other team from that year in any order or frequency.

Sorry for the wordiness,

Casp
Post #: 1
RE: General Questions: Add-On Installation and Game Setup - 11/7/2007 7:44:07 PM   
PadresFan104

Casp - That particular face images pack should be unzipped into your PureSim Baseball/Mods/Faces directory.

Ballpark backgrounds are completely different.  Most of the files on my site are .prk files.  You can download these to any directory on your machine, because you import them on a team by team basis from within the game UI.

Not sure about your last question.  I can't remember if Shaun has added that feature (random exhibition games) to the game yet...

PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods

(in reply to casp)
Post #: 2
RE: General Questions: Add-On Installation and Game Setup - 11/8/2007 1:46:03 AM   
casp

PadresFan 104...

(...And I loved the '71 team w/ Gaston, Spiezio, Colbert, etc. As kids we played Sports Illustrated Baseball, and my team was the Padres.)

Thanks so much for the information--I saw the faces directory but was confused about the individual folders appearing therein representing decades.

I understand your comment about the ballparks--thanks for making them available.

As far as playing random games, at least I know that the feature that I would like to exploit is called random exhibition games. Perhaps I can now try that.

Casp

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> General Questions: Add-On Installation and Game Setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI