Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Errors loading PDS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Errors loading PDS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Errors loading PDS - 11/12/2007 9:26:00 PM   
dreamtheatervt

I got sick of scrolling through all the stock plays, so after reinstalling MaxFB on my laptop, I cut the stock plays folder and pasted them to another location on my HD, and then copied a folder full of my plays with the stock plays removed back to the proper location. When I run MaxFB with my play folder (Named "Plays" just like the original folder) I get the following error when loading the PDS:

"Object variable or With block variable not set in procedure clsUserCameraControl.Create
Press F9 to attempt continue"

After pressing F9 I get the following message:

"Object variable or With block variable not set in procedure modPDS.ScreenPDS
Press F9 to attempt continue"

It runs fine if I have the stock plays folder in the game. I really REALLY don't want to have to scroll through the stock plays any more - its actually a big enough hang up for me in the past that I quit playing it for a while this summer. I don't know why the stock plays have to be there.

This is why we need to be able to create sub-folders in the plays folder...but for now I'll take a fix that does not have me recombining the stock plays folder and my plays folder.

Post #: 1
RE: Errors loading PDS - 11/12/2007 10:14:18 PM   
David Winter

The only potential thing I can think of that ~might~ cause that error is that you also copied the settings.ini file over to your laptop as well but not all of your leagues. The settings.ini file contains the last league you loaded in the PDS. If you copied the settings.ini folder over but not the PDS league it pointed to it ~might~ cause that error. It is however not a problem I'm able to reproduce here yet.

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 2
RE: Errors loading PDS - 11/12/2007 11:24:33 PM   
Marauders

Did you use any of the stock formations for your plays?

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Errors loading PDS - 11/12/2007 11:54:54 PM   
dreamtheatervt

Dave,

None of the settings files were touched.  Nothing from my home computer, other than plays, was moved to my laptop.  I recombined the playbooks, and I'm going to go ahead and remove all the stock plays again...or at least some of the ones near the top of the list.

Marauders - no I did not use any of the stock formations, but I didn't delete them.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
RE: Errors loading PDS - 11/13/2007 12:19:15 AM   
David Winter

If you find you are able to reproduce this problem with a "customized" (lack of a better word) plays folder, please zip up the whole folder and email it to support@wintervalley.com

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem on this end.

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 5
RE: Errors loading PDS - 11/13/2007 2:09:58 AM   
dreamtheatervt

I just deleted all the stock offensive plays, and it still works.  Problem solved for now.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Errors loading PDS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI