Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Platform Editor Walkthru Please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Platform Editor Walkthru Please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Platform Editor Walkthru Please - 11/29/2007 8:23:08 PM   
RStalcup

Could someone with more Knowledge than I, do up a Guide/walk through for dummies like me. You Know a step by step, You know to add a plane you do this, then this, then this, to mod a already craft, you do this, than this, I would be forever greatfull to them. I have read the manual, I have even looked at the info from the HCE days I am just worried about messing things up.

Thanks

the Gunner
Post #: 1
RE: Platform Editor Walkthru Please - 11/29/2007 8:27:55 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: RStalcup
Could someone with more Knowledge than I, do up a Guide/walk through for dummies like me. You Know a step by step, You know to add a plane you do this, then this, then this, to mod a already craft, you do this, than this, I would be forever greatfull to them. I have read the manual, I have even looked at the info from the HCE days I am just worried about messing things up. Thanks
the Gunner

That's no small request, but I think the idea is a solid one. I'll raise this with HC3 and see if we can't put something together that's fairly comprehensive.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to RStalcup)
Post #: 2
RE: Platform Editor Walkthru Please - 11/30/2007 4:04:34 PM   
RStalcup

Thanks CV32

I've been with Harpoon a long time, I was even one of Gordon Walton's beta tester for Harpoon 97. I love Harpoon and like to do a lot of what if secnerio's like what if the Navy had more Seawolfs, or they had developed the F22, and the platform Editor looks like it would be great for that, but I am not a programer and don't want to screw things up. In the old days I use to play Harpoon in very large Ram Drives, great improvement in speed, so I learned to keep a backup directory of harpoon for the just in case times.

Once again thanks I will owe you.

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 3
RE: Platform Editor Walkthru Please - 11/30/2007 9:53:47 PM   
CV32

We're working on a more detailed and updated walk through for the Platform Editor (PE), but until then people can find the old PE User Guide here:

http://www.harpoonpages.com/ftp/HC2002_GOLD_Beta/PE_User_Guide.htm

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to RStalcup)
Post #: 4
RE: Platform Editor Walkthru Please - 12/1/2007 4:06:43 PM   
SteveF2006

I have found also that studying current platforms in the Editor really helps you understand how to build a platform. It gives you ideas for new load outs, new weapons, or maybe new combinations. It really can be the most enjoyable part of the game!

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Platform Editor Walkthru Please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI