Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/17/2000 7:38:00 AM   
RUsco

Wild Bill, I thought I saw your Sneaky,underhanded design work in "Prepareing the Way". I was DOing real good after I had added points to the initial build(3000). Then I said I need to go back and try this as original. So I put all points back to original and am having the devil of a time getting any where.I am having a blast. How about some smaller Campaign's wiyh USMC in the pacific and some of USMC in ETO. Thanks Bill for all the fun and to the Matix Team for such a reeeeeeally good game.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 31
- 9/17/2000 7:50:00 AM   
Wild Bill

We are working on some of both sizes, Rusco. Large and small. I hope to have a dozen campaigns for the game by this time next year, God willing. Yep, , sneaky as ever! I don't want it to get boring for you ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 32
- 9/17/2000 8:29:00 AM   
RUsco

Not a chance of boring anyone,Wild Bill. Love the campaigns. Not big on scenerioes. I like piocking my own troops to well.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 33
- 9/17/2000 9:18:00 AM   
McGib

The first time I saw those S35's Bill was in hexes 49,26 and 54,26. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 34
- 9/17/2000 9:33:00 AM   
Kerg

Wild Bill, This is the second time my score is off. I had a 4576 to 1399 victory as the US. Is this a marginal victory? Also when I began the first Sicily scen it idicated that I was going to defend in my purchase screen, but when I set up I was clearly advancing, I think this is a bug. Kerg

Field Marshal Kerg, Combat Command Stats-> Games Played = 141, Points/game = 4179, <br />Average Placing = 3.4, W% = 28%, L% = 29%, D% = 44%, Total Points 589,232, Leagues Entered = 10, Top Three Finish % = 80

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 35
- 9/17/2000 6:21:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Okay, guys. Thanks RUSco, we are going to try to keep those campaigns coming. I'm looking at those tanks soon as I finish writing this, Mac. I marginal victory is 3 to 1 up to 5 to 1 odds. Above 5 to 1 is a decisive (versus computer). Versus human it is 2 to 1 (marginal) and 4 to 1 (decisive, Kerg. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 36
- 9/18/2000 8:01:00 PM   
Charles22

Sirmel: Ah, we may not be talking about the same thing. 1.2 seconds? No way. The delay which I mentioned has been MUCH longer than that for me, should I so desire. I believe I have it at present at 140 (or 1.4), but I know I've had it over three seconds before, and it wouldn't surprise me if the the message delay cannot go up to 999 (9.99 seconds) or even beyond. You do know that there's an op fire delay, and there's a message delay don't you (two different things)? What you describe as having a problem with, sounds like "message delay" not op fire message delay. Can anyone make things clearer for Sirmel here? I've never seen any message delay that it's maximum delay is 1.2 seconds! It might be the minimum, but certainly not the maximum.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 37
- 9/19/2000 12:58:00 AM   
Wild Bill

For McGib, yes they do appear in those hexes. You just got down there quicker than I thought you would Food for thought and perhaps change. Thanks...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 38
- 9/19/2000 1:31:00 AM   
Fuerte

I finished the "Preparing the Way" campaign. The fourth battle was also in Sicily, this time we made landing with support units near some fishing villages. Core units fighted their way through German troops, and the battle ended in turn 10/20, again a decisive victory. Computer AI made a mistake in the end. It used three tanks to fire my empty landing craft (far away), while there were U.S. units only two hexes away, and I was controlling all but one victory hex. My result was: * Marginal victories: 0 * Decisive victories: 3 (really 4) * Battles fought: 3 (really 4) * Campaign score: 12 * Campaign result: decisive victory I really enjoyed playing this campaign. The maps were good, and the fighting was hard. The only thing I want to criticize is the location of some German reinforcements points in the second battle (Morocco?). They were in the middle of map, and I had troops all over one of them, and then suddenly enemy units appeared in the middle. Very unrealistic... In my opinion, reinforcements points should always be in the edges of map. Also there should not be common reinforcements points for both sides, like there is in the bottom of Tragic Stand scenario. So... thanks Wild Bill! What should I try next?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 39
- 9/19/2000 5:50:00 AM   
McGib

Really Bill! Didn't think I was going that fast. Now to switch beats here, something for you from your Russian campaign. I just completed the first scenario. Man that was tough. When the screen came up showing my campaign score I checked and it said I had 3 points but as yet to fight a battle. So it would seem that its the first battle that messes up the scores. As well I had a look at the setup of the second battle and the mission said "River Defence" yet the map showed no river's. Not a big deal but I thought I would mention it. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 40
- 9/19/2000 9:00:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Certainly you did nothing wrong. You are to be commended for such rapid progress. As to the Russian one, I'm not sure what you mean by the second scenario. It depends on how well you do as to which battle comes next. In most of these battles, the rivers that are there are frozen, In a couple of them you'll see the river to the left of the map. It is frozen over. I used the cement icon to represent frozen water. Not the ideal solution, but the best within the limits of the game...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 41
- 9/19/2000 8:43:00 PM   
renwor

Hi Wild Bill just remember: You asked!!!!! I am fighting "Preparing the way" just now. I am at second battle at Sicily. Frankly, same as whole 4.0 release I am a bit unhappy with it. It would be wonderful, except the bugs I am playing with Command&Conquer OFF, rest ON. I have 233MMX, 64Mb Ram, TNT2 Vanta 16Mb, 1Gb free on disk where SPWaW is installed. 120Mb fixes windows swap file. First I would like to mention few general things, then campaign itself. 1.) I noticed significant SLOWDOWN against v 2.3. While the game itself is far faster, which is good. Loading vehicles as well as selecting armour units seems much more CPU intensive operation now, resulting in noticable pause (about 0.5 sec) which could be annoying. I know people with Athlons, Xeons, Durons etc. wouldn't notice, but I did. 2.) Famous "STRIPES bug" appeared on PIII, NT 4.0 SP5, Matrox G200, but not on my machine. or rather, stripes are there, but about half inch long, which isn't disturbing. 3.) Charmed units bug reappeared. Some support units became so impressed with my leadership, that they decided to stick with my core for the future. I don't object, but probably it was not intended. 4.) No rank officers (civilians?) but that was mentioned multiple times. Now to the campaign itself: Damn, maybe I am inept with numbers, but I cannot get decent core for the 1150pts. ( No real complain here ) 1th battle: vs. France, some airport. Quite nice, except that those Pz IIIm's are hesitating tooo long. Oh and AMD-50's, french reinforcment, arrived on the battlefield already destroyed!!!!! And destroyed fuel depot in the middle has the destroyed halftrack icon. Decisive victory on my part, except that those 250points for repairs are barely enough for repairs. Honeys had hard time with Somuas. No upgrades. 2nd battle: In purchase screen I am promised advance vs. France, but proves to be vs. Germany. Since now the "mission" button and the battle description in "weather" window start to confuse, rather than help. Weather window location info is stuck to "West of Bizerte" ever since. "Mission" info is my worst enemy (later about it). In deploy screen single blue flag is stuck far far far forward ... i suspect mistake, so I take only mediocre advantage of it, placing forward just single sniper. Btw am I mistaken that this map is from Patton in Tunisia campaign? All in all really nice battle. I am awarded only Marginal victory and in debriefing I am treated as if I lost. I am given last chance to prove myself !!! Hell, what the fuss??? I was VICTORIOUS!!! 3rd battle is night defence against Germany. Really easy. No comments. Crushing victory. Off to Sicily. 4th battle. Sicily.("West of Bizerte") BTW. Mission info says "DEFENCE against germany". I have my doubts. Airborne defence doesn't sound likely, but I bought few support forts, just in case .... mistake. They never fired a shot. This defence is straightforward advance!!!! Just a question : Are we supposed to edit landing sites of AUX airborne troops? I did. If not then the points are set weirdly: Just in between my and enemy lines. In either case I am clueless why briefing states I have to hurry to help my airdrops. In one case I have to "hurry" about four hexes, in second it's my problem if paras will need help. Ok, so I send paras on top of two PZ VIe in enemy rear, fortunately, they had bazookas ready. Also, by accident, I comanded my rangers to infiltrate just in the way of gerrys northernmost reinforcements. Because of that it was most exciting scenario of SP I ever played probably. In the end I saved just half of the rangers. Apart from another decisive victory. If I am supposed to edit landing sites, then the gerrys reinforcment hexes are set wrongly. I guarded the road from the east with all my airborne force, but gerrys "materialized" just in the middle of my positions(R. flag IV). Damn, this is Steel Panthers, not Star Trek!!! If something should "arrive" at battlefield let it arrive from the edge, not from the middle, please!!! Other than that quite exciting experience!!! Now I am send to cut of enemy retreat to Messina. Sounds simple, but .... In purchase screen / show map/ minimap ... the Victory points are set to the east of whole map ... shifted one map right Deploy screen produced weird initial setup. My line doesn't allow me to deploy in upper part of map, OK, but upon entering "human deploy" half of my units (not AUX, !core!) are deployed just at the edge east of blue flags. The rest is "deployed" in single hex, just where blue deploy line left left edge of map .... thats where I am now, wondering what to do with this mess Well, Wild Bill YOU asked !!!! You received Some more questions ?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 42
- 9/20/2000 1:12:00 AM   
Wild Bill

And I appreciate your response. There are a lot of things you mention that in my testing and that of others have never been seen before. They surprise me. I can't respond for what may be some possible bugs in the campaign, so I'll try to answer what I can control. Some of these are a real puzzle for me. I would like for you to send me the save of the battle on the German escape to Messina, the setup one with the US forces on the left edge as you describe. The blue flag is an error on my part. I missed that one and I will fix it. As far as deployment of the airborne forces, by all means, if you are allowed that privilege, use it. Mine are suggested landing spots, relatively safe. If you prefer a more bold approach I would say do it. I do appreciate your report and I wish I had more answers as to why the campaign has had these weird happenings for you. Please send me that setup for Battle 4 if you will so I can take a look at it. billw@thegamers.net Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 43
- 9/20/2000 1:43:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I'll have to answer your comments/complaints a little at a time. So here we go. 1. The slowdown. I have this problem occasionally too, but I don't see it often. It usually happens when the computer is also running other programs. 2. The same thing with stripes. If something else is running in the background, I have noticed stripes. If I shut these down, they go away. Not enough resources, I guess. 3. So far I have not been able to get extra units, but I'll try some more. 4. I checked the list of all units in battle 4, aux and core, and all officers have ranks for me. I started the second battle of Sicily and the US units ppeared toward the bottom of the map inside the restricted area belonging to the US. The aux landing force also appeared where it should. So far I am not finding what you have found. I'm not saying you didn't, just saying I can't as yet reproduce them. That is why I would like to see your setup turn for your second battle of Sicily. More later. I'm checking...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 44
- 9/20/2000 2:04:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Still looking, Renwor. The opening texts for subsequent battles show no mention of more fighting against the French. At least I can't find them. Here are the actual texts: Morocco Alt (if you lose first battle) The situation has become critical, Colonel. We've been ordered to evacuate this landing area. This is your opportunity to redeem yourself. Your force will fight a rear guard action, working your way to the beach for evacuation. You are to hold a beachhead on the west side of the river for as long as you can. But you must get as many of your men and vehicles into the boats and out of danger. We're counting on you this time. Tunisia Battle (if you win well in 1st battle) and yes, it is the map from Patton in Tunisia. We've come a long way in a few months, Colonel. Here in North Africa, we've learned how to fight, and we've learned that the German Army can be beaten. You are to take your task force to the high points in the valley and hold against an enemy counterattack. Let's show Rommel and his boys we are here to stay! Tunisia Alt (if you do poorly in first Tunisian battle) By failing to hold the high ground, Colonel, you've put us in a predicament. Your force is the only thing that can keep the Germans and Von Arnim from a serious breakthrough. You are going to be hit hard in the darkness. Establish defensive positions and hold them. A victory here could save your military career. Hold them! 1st Sicily battle (If you are still in the game) We're a step closer to ending this god-awful war, Colonel. Proceed with all urgency to the town of La Ciega. You are to take it and the high ground on the ridge just on the other side of the town. Paratroopers and glider troops will precede your advance. Get to them quickly or they will be in serious trouble. G-2 has spotted German armor headed straight for the beachhead. Stop them at all costs! (There is really nothing here in mission info that talks about defense except you are to meet the enemy and stop him) Alternate Sicily Battle (if you do poorly in the first one) There will be no more retreat, Colonel. You and what remains of your force are to hold the beachhead at Licata. Paratroopers are being rushed in and Rangers will be brought in by landing craft to give you the needed support. We will not evacuate this beachhead. It must be held at all costs! 2nd Sicily Battle (if you are still in campaign) In the light of your sterling combat record in Morocco, Tunisia and here in Sicily, General Patton has picked your Combat Team to break through the retreating German forces headed to Messina. A blocking force is landing to your north. You are to proceeed with all expediency and reinforce their positions on the coast road so as to cut off further enemy escape to Italy. The cut-off force will not survive without you getting to them as quickly as possible. Get moving, Colonel. Now as to the victory screen in battle 1, This is what I have in my campaign and should appear for you with a minor victory. You're learning Colonel, perhaps not as quickly as we would like, but you show signs of leadership. Time to get your men ready. We'll be heading to Tunisia to push Rommel right into the sea. See to your men and get ready for transport to your new battle area. Or is this the message you got? This is for a draw. Not good enough, Colonel, not good enough at all. Get your ment together and form defensive positions. The line must be held at all costs to avoid a serious enemy penetration of our lines. We don't want another Kasserine! Now if this is the screen you saw, then I am wondering which version of SPWAW are you playing. Do you have 4.0 or 3.0. A bug that misplaced text files in 3.0 was corrected in 4.0. If you have seen this last one as the result, then the bug still might be there. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 45
- 9/20/2000 2:06:00 AM   
Fuerte

I played that battle and didn't have any of those problems.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 46
- 9/20/2000 1:28:00 PM   
renwor

Hello Wild Bill Fortunately, I had the wisdom of saving every "scorescreen" for my battles, so I should be able to reproduce most of what I mentioned. YOUR battle descriptions are OK, exactly as you wrote them, except that after second battle (Tunisia, I guess) when I got minor VICTORY, I am reproached and send to night defence. What I was complaining about was the info provided by "mission" button in support units purchase, which states nonsenses I mentioned ... like "defence" in first Sicily. "West of Bizerte" could be found as location of battle info in upper right "weather report" window. Saves are following tommorow, I don't have them with me right now. Btw, concerning slowdowns and stripes: no, I don't think it's lack of resources. Stripes were MAJOR at Pentium III 550Mhz, 128 Mb RAM, Matrox G200 8Mb, with no other appl. running. Almost none at P233, 64Mb Ram, TNT2 Vanta. So I guess it's rather graphic card/drivers problem. Slowdown may be my mediocre comp. problem, but didn't notice it in 2.3v before What about burning "fuel depot halftrack" and arriving destroyed AMD 50's in first battle? Aw, also one at a time: those extra units: Two TD's, Ammo truck and AT inf plt. may be result of my core purchase metod, which the game obviously hates: I purchase company, then delete some platoons of it, then add some different ones, so in the end, there may be "lettering" gaps in my core: Like having A,B,C plts, then E is out, so support units define to E plt, reall mess I know ... maybe I'll try to dig up some more save yet one more thing: If 1th Sicily is advance, as your descr. would suggest, how comes game does allow you to purchase forts??? me at least? Renwor [This message has been edited by renwor (edited September 20, 2000).] [This message has been edited by renwor (edited September 20, 2000).]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 47
- 9/20/2000 11:16:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I was not able to produce the ammo dump or the destroyed AMD-50s you had. Some of the other things seem to be unique to your situation also. I'm really at a loss to explain all of this. Like Fuerte, I've not encountered these problems. Send me your saves when you can and let me take a look. I've a growing suspicion that some files in your campaign are incorrect. Now how that could be, I just don't know. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 48
- 9/21/2000 10:08:00 AM   
McGib

Bill I also had the destroyed AMD-50's, dont know about the ammo dump though. I still have to get around to finishing the scenario so if I note anything else I'll let you know. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 49
- 9/21/2000 10:30:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks Mac. Keep me posted. I'll be watching here and I'll check those AMDs. It could have to do with the new OOBs. I think that is the problem. I'll let you all know...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 50
- 9/21/2000 11:05:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Campaign Fix "Preparing the Way" To update your SPWAW campaign, "Preparing the Way," please download this zip file found in the Game Dept and put these three files into your Campaigns subdirectory of SPWAW version 4.0. The OOBs (Orders of Battle) were being worked on up until the last minute and some changes were made that caused the AMD-50 French Armored Cars to appear as destroyed. That was because the slot for those armored cars was changed at the last minute. So to avoid that if you have not yet played the campaign, or to update your files if you ahve, download this zip and simply put these into the campaigns subdirectory. That will resolve the problem. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 51
- 9/25/2000 5:11:00 AM   
McGib

Playing through your "Motherland" campaign and in my second scenario after a decisive I bought my support units and sat down to kick some butt. Boy was I surprised when I saw you gave me a whole wack of arty as aux units. Now I'm not complaining mind you but my points spent on arty would have been better spent on tanks. Would it be possible to make mention of aux units in the text prior to the battle? ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 52
- 9/25/2000 6:07:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Good point, Mac. I thought I had. I'll check the text. Well, you can pound 'em to death, if that cotton picking game will let you access that good arty. I fix the ones I add as Aux in a way that makes them more easily accessible. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 53
- 9/25/2000 6:09:00 AM   
Wild Bill

What's next? Utah to the Rhine, should be about a week longer. This is a big one, you'll probably fight a minimum of 15 battles or as many as 23, depending on how you do. I have an excellent group of some 7 testers who are doing a superb job on finding all the little things that I can fix to make it better. Stand by...It won't be long. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 54
- 9/25/2000 7:21:00 AM   
RUsco

Wild Bill, Between ansering out inputs to "Utah to the Rhine" and working on Ver. 4.1,do you have enough hours in the day? After all this testing that you allowed me to participate in I know all the SPWAW fans will love that campaign.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 55
- 9/25/2000 8:57:00 AM   
McGib

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wild Bill: [B]Good point, Mac. I thought I had. I'll check the text. Well, you can pound 'em to death, if that cotton picking game will let you access that good arty. [B]QUOTE] Had no real problem contacting arty, then again I had so much it didnt really matter when 1/3 were out of contact. If I remember correctly I had something like 4 batt's of 152mm 4-6 batt's of 122mm 2 batt's of 76mm 2 stormavicks (i know its spelled wrong, but then who can spell it without looking?) With a load out like this Bill "pounding" them was no problem, especally since you gave me half of it! ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 56
- 9/25/2000 9:15:00 AM   
Wild Bill

A litte overkill can't hurt this one time in a camapaign Enjoy it while it lasts The Kunel ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 57
- 9/27/2000 11:48:00 PM   
Kluckenbill

I'm 6 or 7 battles (I've lost count) into the Motherland Campaign and I like it a lot, but of course I do have some points to make I started with a platoon each of T34s and KV1s and several platoons of T26s and Armored cars (intending to upgrade them later) for grunts I took enough engineers to have one ride each tank. Of course initially you can't fit a full squad on the light stuff but that gets fixed too when you upgrade to T34s and KVs. I also took several sections of 76 and 37 mm AAA guns. I correctly thought that the Germans would get some planes (did they ever, those Me110s in the second battle whacked my HQ and a T34.) BUT ... I didn't take any trucks to move my guns around. Normally I never buy trucks as core units because they are cheap and their experience isn't too important so I can take them as support units. Little did I know that in some of the battles I wouldn't get support units, so my AA units have spent a few battles guarding my lines of communication. Perhaps in the initial instructions you could caution the commander that he may have to fight without support and should plan on having a well rounded fighting force. I also am ambivalent over my choice of engineers. They are great at close assaulting and defending (since they can lay mines) but their long range firepower is marginal. I also think it was exceptionally sneaky of you to have the Pz4F2s and StG 3's with long 75s show up in 1941 !! (I crushed them anyway.) I do have one question on the units. The gunnery of the KV1s is much better than for T34s with the same level of experience. They have a higher rate of fire and better odds to hit. Is this based on better sights, better internal turret layout or what? Anyway, thanks for a fun campaign, I'm planning on spending the spring of '42 in the Berlin suburbs.

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 58
- 9/28/2000 1:54:00 AM   
David Roldán

Only a question, Bill. I have played the two campaings and are "cojonudas" . Perhaps are a little easy. Can you recommend me a AI bonus?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 59
- 9/29/2000 1:51:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Campaign Fix "Preparing the Way" To update your SPWAW campaign, "Preparing the Way," please download this zip file found in the Game Dept Wild Bill
Had no time to post earlier - I observed most of these erroers as well, and have the same things to complain about (1st battle) - dstroyed fuel dep. which looks like halftrack - destroyed reinforcement veh. - french tank "beaming in" right under my Sherman - called for reinforments and they decided to stay with my core force - the game "hesitating" when performing some actions, e.g. clicking on units etc. what others haven't mentioned - my 20mm AA was set to "range 7" by the comp .. nothing to do with the capaign, but I wonder how this happens? (noticed only after the first Do217 flew by unharmed ) - the first french unit to die is the HQ .. my scouts stumble over it and the following tanks will waste it ... - all bunkers (and the bunker-like ammo dumbs) are placed as if the French knew before from which direction I would come .. or at least, I'm supposed to come considering my starting area. Bad thing is - I went for a (partly) "flank approach" through the town (moved jeeps with Scouts into to town very fast .. "Scout" is a profession you'll have a life ..err, short ) as seemingly other have done also; there where no defences either towards the town or towards the southeast(?) - 20 turns seems rather short to me... ..if you start with your troops in some kind of "marching order", and not excessivly piled up at the blue starting line .. if you do not rush into probably defended territory but send scouts first (try it out .. you'll need 4..5 turns to scout the town with Jeeps and 6..7 turns to move a scout around the airfield to the south .. that does not leave enough time for the est of the battle) What I haven't seen : "Stripe bug" .. have the Matrox Millenium G200 (8 MB) also, with latest drivers from Matrox (not the all-in-one version) and DX6.1 My suggestion.. .. if you put up defences, do this "all-around" .. don't make the battle straight-forward only" .. flanking and sneaking around makes much more fun (and allow some 3..5 turns more to do this); and if you make the Vhexes "cheaper" it wouldn't pay to sacrifice your troops only to rush to -questionable- victory. I would have like to find at least some observation posts in the north, and maybe on or the other Inf unit in the town. And it would have been nice hiding in some buildings and seeing the French Tanks rolling through the street towards the Battlefield. Maybe some Scout would have decided to become a Hero and assaulted it .. but you took this chance away from them (mostly) .. in fact one scout troop just sat at the edge of the town when the tanks beamed in .. .. and remember, you asked for this ! Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI