Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Country Econmey

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Country Econmey Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Country Econmey - 8/1/2009 1:25:40 PM   
steveh11Matrix

Can someone point me to the thread that talked about a patch to WitPStaff, please? I can't seem to find it...

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 751
RE: Manchukuo Garrison - 8/1/2009 2:14:17 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

ISTR before AE was released there were discussions about how to best maximize Australian industrial production.  The consensus was to send fuel, not oil, to the Australian east coast ports.  My question is, what about India?  Getting fuel to those ports is even more difficult than it is for Australia.  Or are the inland bases producing enough oil to generate sufficient fuel for the industrial sites?

It is not difficult to get fuel to India. There is a very large fuel surplus at the Abadan off map base. Enough for all of India's needs (and Australia's as well). You just need to provide the ships...

Andrew

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 752
RE: Country Econmey - 8/1/2009 4:08:44 PM   
pad152

quote:

ORIGINAL: steveh11Matrix

Can someone point me to the thread that talked about a patch to WitPStaff, please? I can't seem to find it...

WITP Staff Hotfix
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2178234#

(in reply to steveh11Matrix)
Post #: 753
RE: Country Econmey - 8/1/2009 4:18:47 PM   
steveh11Matrix

quote:

ORIGINAL: pad152

quote:

ORIGINAL: steveh11Matrix

Thanks, you're a star!

Steve.

WITP Staff Hotfix
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2178234#

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 754
RE: Country Econmey - 8/1/2009 4:58:06 PM   
pad152

removed

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 755
RE: Country Econmey - 8/2/2009 2:58:03 AM   
Nomad

Coral Sea scenario.

Allied TFs trying to rearm at Brisbane, port size 5, Naval support 118

8"/55 MK 9 ammo will not rearm, needs port size 5 with 48 Naval Support
MK 6 DC will not rearm, needs port size 5 with 24 Naval Support
CAG sorties will not rearm, needs port size 5 with 40 Naval Support

Ammo that only requires a size 5 port all rearmed properly.

Also, it will not let me dock Lexington at a size 5 port because the ship size is too big. But
a size 5 port allows a 36000 ton ship and Lex is 36000 tons.

If this has been reported, disregard, my connection is bad tonight and I could not get a search.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 8/2/2009 3:51:55 AM >

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 756
RE: Country Econmey - 8/2/2009 6:27:10 AM   
Chad Harrison

Jim brought this up a couple of days ago, and I just came across it in my travels also:

As far as I can tell, the following Soviet bases will run out of supplies and die off due to lack of supplies:

1451 - Alexandrovsk
1382 - Okha
1384 - Petropavlovsk
1363 - Anadyr
1377 - Magadan

Andrew, I know Jim pointed this out to you, but I just wanted to give a complete list (as far as I can tell) of Soviet bases that have no way to get supply. As such, the troops/planes there will obviously be long gone by the time they get the chance to play.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Chad

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 757
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 8/2/2009 9:31:55 AM   
Dobey455

Hi guys,
I apologise if this has been answered already (I did do a search, but this thread is already huge!).....Anyway, regarding movement between on map and off map hexes.
Is there a way to determine which hex a TF will leave the map edge from and which hex it will arrive at?
Currently I find that the TF leaves or enters the map at a pre determined hex and I cannot see anyway to alter that hex and didn't find it specifically mentioned in the manual.

I remember a thread in the WITP AE forums suggested that it might be possible to vary the entry\exit point to prevent sub ambushes occurring, and this is my main concern if TF's always enter or exit the map from the same few hexes.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 758
RE: Country Econmey - 8/2/2009 1:25:28 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chad Harrison

Jim brought this up a couple of days ago, and I just came across it in my travels also:

As far as I can tell, the following Soviet bases will run out of supplies and die off due to lack of supplies:

1451 - Alexandrovsk
1382 - Okha
1384 - Petropavlovsk
1363 - Anadyr
1377 - Magadan

Andrew, I know Jim pointed this out to you, but I just wanted to give a complete list (as far as I can tell) of Soviet bases that have no way to get supply. As such, the troops/planes there will obviously be long gone by the time they get the chance to play.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Chad

Thanks (and thanks to Jim). Its already on the list. This was overlooked after a decision was made not to include the Soviet ships until 1945.

Andrew

< Message edited by Andrew Brown -- 8/2/2009 1:27:33 PM >

(in reply to Chad Harrison)
Post #: 759
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 8/2/2009 1:28:30 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dobey

Hi guys,
I apologise if this has been answered already (I did do a search, but this thread is already huge!).....Anyway, regarding movement between on map and off map hexes.
Is there a way to determine which hex a TF will leave the map edge from and which hex it will arrive at?
Currently I find that the TF leaves or enters the map at a pre determined hex and I cannot see anyway to alter that hex and didn't find it specifically mentioned in the manual.

I remember a thread in the WITP AE forums suggested that it might be possible to vary the entry\exit point to prevent sub ambushes occurring, and this is my main concern if TF's always enter or exit the map from the same few hexes.

You can use waypoints (or manual routing of TFs) to vary their point of entry/exit when moving between an off-map zone and the map. For manual routing, you would pick a destination that is different from the final destination base, and a direct path will be plotted there. This will be a different path that if you always plot directly to the destination base?

Does that make sense, or do I need to explain it better?

Andrew

(in reply to Dobey455)
Post #: 760
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/3/2009 6:15:32 AM   
Jim D Burns

Map change request

Please add some text to the map edges for the transportation lines that tells players what the average movement time is between the different bases and map edges for a fleet cruising at 10 knots or something. Currently the only way I can see to find out is to create a fleet in a base and give it orders. It would be nice if I could see that info on map at a glance and not have to jerry-rig a solution for it.

If it's not something that can be added to the map, then perhaps an additional chart could be added to the appendix in the manual that displays the info.

Jim

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 761
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/3/2009 7:22:16 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

Map change request

Please add some text to the map edges for the transportation lines that tells players what the average movement time is between the different bases and map edges for a fleet cruising at 10 knots or something. Currently the only way I can see to find out is to create a fleet in a base and give it orders. It would be nice if I could see that info on map at a glance and not have to jerry-rig a solution for it.

If it's not something that can be added to the map, then perhaps an additional chart could be added to the appendix in the manual that displays the info.

Jim

I have been thinking about what could be done along these lines. No conclusion yet though.

There is some information in the manual that can be used to determine how long a trip would take, but it is not a trivial exercise, because the distance to the main map depends on where on the main map you are going (which determines where on the map edge you will appear).

Perhaps I could add small tables with distances to other off-map bases, plus a distance to the nearest point on the main map (and add some sort of indicator in the hex on the map edge which is the closest hex as well). So the distance to the map edge would not always be accurate but would at least give an idea.

But this will have to wait until I have the time to do it.

Andrew

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 762
Fuel transfer - 8/4/2009 7:20:02 PM   
fbs

Here's an issue on scenario 001: on 12/7/41, Anchorage has 120,000 fuel and Seward has 200 fuel. Then on 12/8/41 Anchorage has 35,400 fuel and Seward has 73,364 because of automatic transfers.

Here's the problem: Seward only requires 3,000 fuel - but the automatic land supply thing transferred 73,000. That's way more than what Seward needs, and way more than the spoilage limit in Seward.

Can we change the automatic supply thing to limit overland transfers what the base requires (or, say, 2x that)?

Thanks!
fbs

Post #: 763
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/5/2009 8:44:27 AM   
tacfire

Hello Andrew, I am really enjoying this new AE map.  I am playing the December 08 Grand Campaign scenario as the Japanese and I think I noticed a few minor glitches on the map:

1. Tarawa's base name is yellow color (indicating a very small size atoll 6,000 stack limit) but the base info says it is a small sized atoll island with 30,000 stack limit
2. Makin base - same issue as above
3. Dobodura - I can't find the base on the map 

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 764
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/5/2009 10:17:22 AM   
John Lansford

There appears to be something wrong with Victoria's shipyard.  I put a DD in there for repairs and got the same time estimate for repairs no matter what option I selected.  Readiness, pierside and shipyard all gave me the same time for repairs, 12 days.  Plenty of supply, no other ships in repair mode.

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 765
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 8/5/2009 10:52:27 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown
I have been thinking about what could be done along these lines. No conclusion yet though.

There is some information in the manual that can be used to determine how long a trip would take, but it is not a trivial exercise, because the distance to the main map depends on where on the main map you are going (which determines where on the map edge you will appear).

Perhaps I could add small tables with distances to other off-map bases, plus a distance to the nearest point on the main map (and add some sort of indicator in the hex on the map edge which is the closest hex as well). So the distance to the map edge would not always be accurate but would at least give an idea.

But this will have to wait until I have the time to do it.

Andrew

Generalizations are fine, as I doubt anyone needs exact data. Just something that helps a player determine how long it'll take. Now that I think about it, I think giving the number of hexes is probably better than distance in miles or kilometers. That way there isn't a step needed to calculate the range into hexes.

Jim

Post #: 766
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/5/2009 12:54:42 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbs

Here's an issue on scenario 001: on 12/7/41, Anchorage has 120,000 fuel and Seward has 200 fuel. Then on 12/8/41 Anchorage has 35,400 fuel and Seward has 73,364 because of automatic transfers.

Here's the problem: Seward only requires 3,000 fuel - but the automatic land supply thing transferred 73,000. That's way more than what Seward needs, and way more than the spoilage limit in Seward.

Can we change the automatic supply thing to limit overland transfers what the base requires (or, say, 2x that)?

Thanks!
fbs

Thanks. This does need some investigation. I think it is repeatable, so there is no need for a save.

Andrew

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 767
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/5/2009 12:57:03 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

There appears to be something wrong with Victoria's shipyard.  I put a DD in there for repairs and got the same time estimate for repairs no matter what option I selected.  Readiness, pierside and shipyard all gave me the same time for repairs, 12 days.  Plenty of supply, no other ships in repair mode.

This sounds like a naval issue. The repair times do depend on the type of damage, so this may be normal, but I can't say for sure. If you think it still doesn't look right after a turn or two I would suggest reporting it in the naval threads (or as a new thread).

Andrew

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 768
Patrol from Ndeni - No Supplies necessary? - 8/5/2009 3:36:45 PM   
terry1040

Playing the Coral Sea Scenario.

I have air-moved 110 supply points with the PBY-5 Catalina from Noumea to Ndeni.
I also moved the AV to Ndeni in order to give aviation support.
Finally I moved the Catalina Squadron there as well.

Now after 4 Turns of Naval Search / Recon operations, I still have the full 110 supply points at the base.

That seems to be wrong as I thought that aircraft use supply points for operations.

Is this a bug, or do I miss something?

Terry

(in reply to steveh11Matrix)
Post #: 769
RE: Patrol from Ndeni - No Supplies necessary? - 8/5/2009 3:39:04 PM   
Mike Solli

Do we get new factories online during the game that we can't see at the start? People sort of implied that earlier (or at least I think they implied it).  Thanks!

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to terry1040)
Post #: 770
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/5/2009 4:12:38 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: tacfire

Hello Andrew, I am really enjoying this new AE map.  I am playing the December 08 Grand Campaign scenario as the Japanese and I think I noticed a few minor glitches on the map:

1. Tarawa's base name is yellow color (indicating a very small size atoll 6,000 stack limit) but the base info says it is a small sized atoll island with 30,000 stack limit

Dobodura is in the Buna hex.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 771
RE: Patrol from Ndeni - No Supplies necessary? - 8/5/2009 4:14:39 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: terry1040

Playing the Coral Sea Scenario.

I have air-moved 110 supply points with the PBY-5 Catalina from Noumea to Ndeni.
I also moved the AV to Ndeni in order to give aviation support.
Finally I moved the Catalina Squadron there as well.

Now after 4 Turns of Naval Search / Recon operations, I still have the full 110 supply points at the base.

That seems to be wrong as I thought that aircraft use supply points for operations.

Is this a bug, or do I miss something?

Terry

That would be an Air team issue.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to terry1040)
Post #: 772
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/5/2009 9:39:48 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

I'll take a look at the first two.

As mentioned - Dobodura is in the Buna hex (they are not far apart).

Andrew

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 773
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/6/2009 2:02:58 AM   
Local Yokel

Andrew, I raised a couple of questions about railways as a new thread which probably got lost in the deluge. I think I should have posted them in this thread in the first place, so here goes:

First question: Are the gaps in the Peiping-Canton Railway at (78,58),(79,58) and (82,51) intentional, and if so, what was the reason for them?

Second question: There is no rail connection from Honshu to Kyushu across the Kanmon Straits. Since the first bore of the Kanmon Tunnel was completed in June 1942, was this an oversight, or is there a particular reason for the connection's absence?

Post #: 774
Malang name position - 8/6/2009 7:32:04 PM   
BPRE

This is a really minor issue with the map.

Would it be possible to move the name Malang from hex 55,107 to 55,106? As it is now it looks like Loemadjang is named Malang.

Otherwise I can see why people have been chosing the modified maps in WitP (which I never tried). This one is so much nicer than the original.

/BPRE

(in reply to Local Yokel)
Post #: 775
RE: Malang name position - 8/6/2009 7:41:08 PM   
BPRE

Just realised that at Loemadjang the Base Force is named Loemafjang. Minor typing mistake?

/BPRE

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 776
RE: Fuel transfer - 8/7/2009 1:56:57 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

Checked out. The bases are on "small" islands, so they should have the yellowish text as that is for both small and very small islands.

Andrew

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 777
RE: Patrol from Ndeni - No Supplies necessary? - 8/7/2009 1:58:38 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Do we get new factories online during the game that we can't see at the start? People sort of implied that earlier (or at least I think they implied it).  Thanks!

No. Sorry.

Andrew

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 778
RE: Malang name position - 8/7/2009 2:01:56 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: BPRE

This is a really minor issue with the map.

Would it be possible to move the name Malang from hex 55,107 to 55,106? As it is now it looks like Loemadjang is named Malang.

Oh yes. The text should be "Loemadjang" for that base in 56,106. I will fix it for the next map update (probably for patch 2 - I don't think there will be a map update for patch 1).

Andrew

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 779
Nandi Base force - 8/7/2009 4:04:14 PM   
BPRE

I see that you have renamed the location (763) Nandi to Nadi but I noticed that the Base Force (6258) is still named Nandi. I guess it should change too.

/BPRE

Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Country Econmey Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI