Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> After Action Reports >> RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/22/2008 10:38:14 AM   
goodboyladdie

Not a lot happening still. AV Jason arrived at PH to help out with aircraft support. I think it was a bit of overkill because the floatplane support is now 54. I need to move another base force out to PH but am saving up my political points to get some Marines for a landing at Wake.

I have seperated the force of ready ships at PH into a scout force and a battleline. The 2 CLs, the 6 inch CA Charleton and 8 DDs make up the scouting force. The 10 inch CAs join the battleline force.

Next turn the force of old ships sailing to the Far East should bombard Ponape.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by goodboyladdie -- 4/22/2008 10:39:40 AM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 271
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/22/2008 10:43:19 AM   
goodboyladdie

I managed to resist sending my Cruisers from Canton out hunting again. I really want those DDs along for support...

It looks like my AKs will get to unload completely at Manila for a change. My subs at Takao report the arrival of heavy forces, but nobody attacked.

I have noticed that since I started capturing images as bitmaps using gadwin and converting them to JPEGS for posting the files are coming up too large and they blur badly when I have to resize them. If anyone has any tips I'd be grateful...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by goodboyladdie -- 4/22/2008 10:47:16 AM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 272
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/23/2008 3:40:18 PM   
goodboyladdie

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/26/22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval bombardment of Ponape, at 71,79

Allied Ships
CL Chicago
CA Brooklyn
BB Oregon
BB Connecticut

Port supply hits 1

Well that wasn't really worth the wait. That'll teach me to pick on a safe target...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Manila

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 480 troops, 15 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2290

Defending force 41340 troops, 248 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 554

Ground combat at Manila

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 19692 troops, 171 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 554

Defending force 150493 troops, 582 guns, 47 vehicles, Assault Value = 2290

Japanese ground losses:
82 casualties reported
Guns lost 7
Vehicles lost 1

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 273
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/24/2008 10:16:25 PM   
goodboyladdie

The AKs are away from Manila. Here is a screenie showing the current status.

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 274
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/24/2008 10:20:29 PM   
goodboyladdie

In China, it looks like Martin is about to move into the South. I will keep the Cavalry Corps moving North to cause a distraction and will move my reserve South to try to cut his forces off if they cross the river. The main target would be Canton if I was in Martin's position, to remove the US Fleet without having to move under the guns of Hong Kong.

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 275
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/26/2008 6:56:06 PM   
goodboyladdie

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/27/22

Sub attack near Takao at 48,45

Japanese Ships
DD Kikuzuki
DD Uzuki
BB Ise

Allied Ships
SS S-2

Bugger! I hope it's not malfunctioning torpedoes again
Ground combat at Nanking

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 123901 troops, 675 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2462

Defending force 4729 troops, 9 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 52

Japanese assault odds: 15 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Nanking base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
366 casualties reported
Guns lost 6

Allied ground losses:
84 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

That is some serious muscle he has there. I have nothing capable of stopping him at Canton. It's a shame he does not seem to have garrison requirements in this game.
Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 496 troops, 14 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2340

Defending force 41799 troops, 252 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 557

Allied ground losses:
22 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 19789 troops, 174 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 556

Defending force 151555 troops, 588 guns, 47 vehicles, Assault Value = 2340

Japanese ground losses:
104 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 1

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 276
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/26/2008 10:37:01 PM   
goodboyladdie

The only thing that happened anywhere was Martin crossing into Southern China in some force. I have very little to oppose him. I'll post details of what he is up against when I see which direction he is travelling. Here are the forces he has to fight with - they are far superior to my mobile forces...

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 277
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/27/2008 2:55:34 AM   
Mobeer

Interesting stuff. When I look at the War Plan Orange map, I am a bit confused as what to target. What is your opponent going after the most - Philippines or China?

Also, for images, could you adjust the quality of the JPEG saved downwards; some programs allow a variable quality setting, where smaller files can be made without resizing the screen capture if the quality is reduced.

Post #: 278
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 4/29/2008 10:37:42 PM   
goodboyladdie

Thanks for the tip. I'll fiddle with the quality and see what happens.

He is heavily invested in China and the PI. I think his plans are having to be redrawn because he cannot take Manila. His move to the South in China probably has the aim of stopping me from having a US Naval Base on Chinese soil. It's a shame Martin hasn't got the time to do an AAR, because he is the only person who knows at the moment...

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 279
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/4/2008 11:43:39 PM   
goodboyladdie

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/28/22

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 508 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2387

Defending force 42109 troops, 254 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 559

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 19895 troops, 176 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 559

Defending force 152796 troops, 607 guns, 49 vehicles, Assault Value = 2387

Japanese ground losses:
32 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Martin is totally jammed up here. It's BS, because I really do not think that Manila was enough of a concrete jungle for me to do this in 1922. I do have a lot of ammunition though, so I suppose it would be possible if he has little. I have offered a restart to Martin as this was his first game of WPO and we seem to have run into an early stall..

< Message edited by goodboyladdie -- 5/5/2008 9:48:10 AM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 280
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/5/2008 9:54:15 AM   
goodboyladdie

All 3 Virginia Class Pre-Dread's are now at Dutch Harbor, so North Force is now complete. The Dreadnought Arizona completed repairs at PH and had joined the ready force. The Minelaying force of AV Aroostook and 2 DMs was able to load mines at PH for the first time today. They will spend some time increasing the defensive minefields around the Hawaiian Islands.

In China, Martin's forces are still in Nanchang. I will wait to see where he is going before deciding whwere to send my reserve.

Here is a screenie of North Force (the ships that do not fit on are all DDs)

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 281
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/7/2008 12:12:57 AM   
goodboyladdie

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/29/22

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 500 troops, 15 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2648

Defending force 42342 troops, 255 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 558

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 20006 troops, 177 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 558

Defending force 166437 troops, 774 guns, 51 vehicles, Assault Value = 2648

Japanese ground losses:
126 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 1

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 282
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/7/2008 12:31:25 AM   
goodboyladdie

Not a lot happening still. 4 more US DDs reached 1 sys damage at Singapore and sailed for Canton with the monitor Monadnock (still 3 sys damage).

In 2 days time I get some welcome reinforcements in theatre...

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 283
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/8/2008 8:09:51 AM   
1EyedJacks

Whatever will you do with all of those destroyers?

How have you been and how's the family?

I've been lurking in some of the threads regarding AE. I was suprised to see how many people seem to think it might be delayed or require a patch or two before playing by PBEM...

I guess whenever AE comes out that I'll be able to find out then if it has any "teething" problems.

TTFN,

TTFN,

Mike

Post #: 284
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/9/2008 9:35:16 AM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

I've been lurking in some of the threads regarding AE. I was suprised to see how many people seem to think it might be delayed or require a patch or two before playing by PBEM...

I guess whenever AE comes out that I'll be able to find out then if it has any "teething" problems.

TTFN,

Hi Mike

How are you? We are all fine. If you are at all worried that AE will not arrive in time for you to get your fix, I am more than happy to kick your arse at something in the meantime...

As far as AE PBEMs go, I figure there will be a learning curve, so it does not really matter whether you do your forced restarts against the AI or a human - I know which one I'd prefer...

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 285
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/10/2008 11:19:35 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

quote:

TTFN,

Hi Mike

How are you? We are all fine. If you are at all worried that AE will not arrive in time for you to get your fix, I am more than happy to kick your arse at something in the meantime...

As far as AE PBEMs go, I figure there will be a learning curve, so it does not really matter whether you do your forced restarts against the AI or a human - I know which one I'd prefer...

U still didn't say what you plan 2 do with those DDs... <grin>

Well, I reckon I can download nemo's mod and at least check it out. It does have the benefit of being fairly well play-tested from what I remember reading in the forum. I also saw nemo made some changes (I think he said something about Japan having too much power @ the start of the war?).

I've doubled-up on my classes to try and push thru for the certs so time is of a premium right now.

We're in some tight times right now as a family also. Annette's pop has cancer and starts chemo next Wednesday. With school out for the kids soon and Nathaniel graduting highschool on June 6th, we just have a lot going on. We are trying to run out to San Diego to see Charles (Annette's dad) but it probably won't be until after Charles has finished 10 days of chemo. Everything we've researched regarding chemo pretty much says during chemo and right after the treatment Charles will be pretty much wiped out and not want visitors.

Nathaniel has also dropped any thoughts on college and plans to enlist in the Army. That, of course, scares the crap out of me as a parent but the truth is he's doing the same thing I did @ his age.

Life is.

TTFN,

Mike

TTFN,

Mike

Post #: 286
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/11/2008 2:08:59 PM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

quote:

TTFN,

Hi Mike

U still didn't say what you plan 2 do with those DDs... <grin>

Well, I reckon I can download nemo's mod and at least check it out. It does have the benefit of being fairly well play-tested from what I remember reading in the forum. I also saw nemo made some changes (I think he said something about Japan having too much power @ the start of the war?).

I've doubled-up on my classes to try and push thru for the certs so time is of a premium right now.

We're in some tight times right now as a family also. Annette's pop has cancer and starts chemo next Wednesday. With school out for the kids soon and Nathaniel graduting highschool on June 6th, we just have a lot going on. We are trying to run out to San Diego to see Charles (Annette's dad) but it probably won't be until after Charles has finished 10 days of chemo. Everything we've researched regarding chemo pretty much says during chemo and right after the treatment Charles will be pretty much wiped out and not want visitors.

Nathaniel has also dropped any thoughts on college and plans to enlist in the Army. That, of course, scares the crap out of me as a parent but the truth is he's doing the same thing I did @ his age.

Life is.

TTFN,

Mike

Hi Mike

I am really sorry to hear the news about your Father-in-Law. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. The offer will always remain open if you need a diversion, but I too am busy, so please do not make any effort that takes you away from where you need to be, my friend.

It is great to hear from you.

Very best regards

Carl

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 287
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/11/2008 2:09:18 PM   
goodboyladdie

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/30/22

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 508 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2700

Defending force 42716 troops, 258 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 560

Allied ground losses:
11 casualties reported

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 20045 troops, 179 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 560

Defending force 167574 troops, 797 guns, 51 vehicles, Assault Value = 2700

Japanese ground losses:
27 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 288
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/11/2008 2:11:13 PM   
goodboyladdie

Martin and I have started a 1926 campaign. We will be continuing this game and I intend to start another AAR for the other game, although the amount of time I have to do anything but play may disappear towards the time when my son is born in September...

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 289
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/11/2008 5:50:51 PM   
thegreatwent

Congrats on the kid laddie. I've enjoyed the AAR so if possible keep it up. Although I understand real life has its distractions

Post #: 290
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/11/2008 6:05:43 PM   
1EyedJacks

Hi Carl,

I'm glad you are enjoying war plan orange. September is a great month to be a father. I'll be looking for a nemo game shortly, but something that only runs a couple of turns per week. At least for now, that's the best I can do. If you are interested then
I'll send you turn 1. If you are tied up then don't worry - I'm sure I can find someone interested in giving the nemo-mod a go. I do very much want to play AE with you when that comes out tho - so please save a slot for me when that comes out.

On your 2nd AAR - will it be a joint AAR too or will it be a private AAR where you talk strategy and do some plotting and scheeming?

I look 4ward to watching for the 1926 campaign - it should be fun to follow.

TTFN,

TTFN,

Mike

Post #: 291
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/11/2008 8:29:55 PM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

Hi Carl,

I'm glad you are enjoying war plan orange. September is a great month to be a father. I'll be looking for a nemo game shortly, but something that only runs a couple of turns per week. At least for now, that's the best I can do. If you are interested then
I'll send you turn 1. If you are tied up then don't worry - I'm sure I can find someone interested in giving the nemo-mod a go. I do very much want to play AE with you when that comes out tho - so please save a slot for me when that comes out.

On your 2nd AAR - will it be a joint AAR too or will it be a private AAR where you talk strategy and do some plotting and scheeming?

I look 4ward to watching for the 1926 campaign - it should be fun to follow.

TTFN,

I could manage that turn rate, mate. I will upgrade my Nemo install to the latest version in anticipation. The AE slot is a given .

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 292
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/12/2008 11:32:19 PM   
goodboyladdie

Finally find the time to do a turn!

2nd Marine Brigade transferred to Ninth Corps Hawaii at Mare Island. The unit is prepping for Wake. The Hawaii units due in 15 days will also be heading for the same destination...

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 293
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/12/2008 11:34:00 PM   
goodboyladdie

In China, 1st Cav Corps is almost at Jehol. They will then move into Northern China to stir up what trouble they can.

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 294
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/13/2008 9:52:59 PM   
goodboyladdie

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/31/22

Sub attack near Eniwetok at 76,74

Japanese Ships
AS Komohashi, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS R-23

Aha! The presence of a sub tender indicates that Martin wants to start a sub offensive around PH...
Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 1960 troops, 75 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2761

Defending force 42979 troops, 258 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 564

Allied ground losses:
25 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 20094 troops, 178 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 564

Defending force 170449 troops, 875 guns, 52 vehicles, Assault Value = 2761

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 295
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/13/2008 10:55:01 PM   
goodboyladdie

The Dreadnought USS New York completed repairs at PH and has joined the Pac Flt ready force. I am considering a raid on Kwajalein to slow the build up signalled by the sub tender sunk off Eniwetok this turn, but will probably save my ships from damage as I need them for the Wake operation.

More Dixie Art:

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 296
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/13/2008 11:02:28 PM   
goodboyladdie

A Japanese force has been sighted near Jolo, heading in the direction of Tarakan. The USN SOPAC force has refuelled and rearmed at Rabaul and is heading for Tarakan on a "goodwill tour". The Dutch Battle Fleet (3 old BBs and 4 torpedo boats) is patrolling off Tarakan.

The DD Pope commissioned at Manila and is heading out due East before heading North for Chinese waters. The other 13 Clemson class DDs that arrived at Colombo this turn are cruising for Singapore. US Sub S-14 disbanded for repair at Singapore (12 sys damage) and S-9 did the same at Diamond Harbour (21 sys damage).

2 US DDs arrived at Canton and disbanded. Another two should arrive next turn and then my combined US/Chinese force will sail...

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 297
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/13/2008 11:04:38 PM   
goodboyladdie

In China, 1st Chinese Cav Corps reached Jehol, but scouts report a Japanese unit ahead of them in a position to cut them off should they advance. They have been given orders to dig in for now.

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 298
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/14/2008 6:34:53 PM   
goodboyladdie

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/01/22

Day Time Surface Combat, near Tarakan at 33,61

Japanese Ships
BB Aki, Shell hits 17, on fire
BB Satsuma, Shell hits 25, on fire
CL Hirado, Shell hits 2
CL Yahagi, Shell hits 2
CL Chikuma, Shell hits 1
AP Juko Maru
AK Kagu Maru
AP Tacoma Maru
AP Taganoura Maru
AP Taian Maru
AP Taibun Maru
AP Taigen Maru
AP Taihei Maru
AP Taiho Maru
AP Tainichi Maru
AP Taizin Maru
AK Takaoka Maru
AP Takayo Maru
AK Taketoyo Maru
AP Takuei Maru
AP Takunan Maru
AP Taian Maru
AP Taimei Maru
AP Taiyo Maru
AP Tama Maru
AP Tama Maru #2
AK Tamagawa Maru
AK Tamahoko Maru

Allied Ships
BB De Ruyter, Shell hits 31, on fire, heavy damage
BB Hertog Hendrik, Shell hits 29, on fire
BB De Zeven Provincien, Shell hits 34, on fire
TB Z1, Shell hits 7, and is sunk
TB Z2, Shell hits 21, and is sunk
TB Z3, Shell hits 3, on fire
TB Z4, Shell hits 16, and is sunk

It looks like the Dutch have just lost their Navy to postpone the inevitable. The US force that is at least a week away is not much better than what the Dutch had to offer. The Dutch sub force can now be unleashed however...
Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 2684 troops, 101 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2811

Defending force 43134 troops, 259 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 569

Allied ground losses:
125 casualties reported
Guns lost 4

Signs that Martin is getting supplies through. I will have to try to inderdict his sea lines of communication
Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 20005 troops, 176 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 562

Defending force 172378 troops, 913 guns, 53 vehicles, Assault Value = 2811

Japanese ground losses:
102 casualties reported
Guns lost 4
Vehicles lost 1

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 299
RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) - 5/16/2008 4:51:28 PM   
goodboyladdie

Central Pacific

2nd Marines is loading onto 4 APs with a 4 DD escort at Mare Island for PH where they will join the forces assembling for the invasion of Wake Island. The Minelayer Baltimore and 3 DMs deployed mines at Dutch Harbor, refuelled and will now head for PH. 100,000 of supplies are unloading at PH.

DEI

I just realised I forgot to issue orders to the Ducth Navy (or what's left of it) at Tarakan.

Here is a screenie of their current state...

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> After Action Reports >> RE: 1922 Grand Campaign: goodboyladdie (A) vs Dixie (J) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI