Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are Forage Rolls Uniformly Distributed for AI?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Are Forage Rolls Uniformly Distributed for AI? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are Forage Rolls Uniformly Distributed for AI? - 12/26/2007 7:40:55 AM   
Filmstudy

I looked back at about 60 to 80 rolls for AI players foraging and found not a single 6 was rolled prior to modification. Is this some sort of design choice where there is only a 1 in 100 chance of a 6, say, but the other numbers occur equally often?
Post #: 1
RE: Are Forage Rolls Uniformly Distributed for AI? - 12/26/2007 5:34:43 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmstudy

I looked back at about 60 to 80 rolls for AI players foraging and found not a single 6 was rolled prior to modification. Is this some sort of design choice where there is only a 1 in 100 chance of a 6, say, but the other numbers occur equally often?

Hmmm . . . interesting.

Something is wrong with the AI forage rolls. After running a test game thru one year of play, I never saw a roll of [6] for AI foraging and very rarely saw a [4] or [5]. What I did see was a disproportional amount of [1], [2] and [3] rolls. I’m guessing that the modifier is being used twice but only Marshall knows and will need to check his code for the actual culprit.

Thanks

Richard

(in reply to Filmstudy)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Are Forage Rolls Uniformly Distributed for AI? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI