Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Finally bought it

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Finally bought it Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Finally bought it - 1/9/2008 10:54:15 AM   
goodboyladdie

They were just talking big. There is no such thing for a WitP player...

< Message edited by goodboyladdie -- 1/9/2008 10:55:25 AM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 31
RE: Finally bought it - 1/9/2008 3:59:12 PM   
morganbj

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

Topic of conversation varies from "the understanding of women" to "small rodents with panzerfausts".

Pretty small range if you ask me.

Who said that?!?!?!?

Clearly a person wise beyond his years....

< Message edited by bjmorgan -- 1/9/2008 4:00:13 PM >

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 32
RE: Finally bought it - 1/9/2008 5:04:54 PM   
Charbroiled

quote:

ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer

quote:

Welcome to the club..

Say "goodbye" to your social life btw

SOCIAL LIFE?.........it seems I should know what that is....nope I don't recall ..... I'll have to think on it some.

Lawrence

Does anybody know where I can download this "SOCIAL LIFE" ????? I heard about it once and it sounded like a nice game, but even after googeling it I can't seem to find this "SOCIAL LIFE"?

Could anybody please send me a URL/FTP/Emule/bittorent/rapidshare link where I can get it??.

You can not download "Social Life" with WITP (and some other programs) installed. It would be like getting the programs WIFE 2.0 and GIRLFRIEND 3.5 to co-exist on the same harddrive....ain't gonna happen.

Now forget about this "Social Life" stuff and get back to hitting the "Send/Receive" button on your email every 10 seconds in hopes of receiving a PBEM turn.

Post #: 33
RE: Finally bought it - 1/9/2008 5:37:40 PM   
wild_Willie2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Welcome to the club..

SOCIAL LIFE?.........it seems I should know what that is....nope I don't recall ..... I'll have to think on it some.

Lawrence

Does anybody know where I can download this "SOCIAL LIFE" ????? I heard about it once and it sounded like a nice game, but even after googeling it I can't seem to find this "SOCIAL LIFE"?

Could anybody please send me a URL/FTP/Emule/bittorent/rapidshare link where I can get it??.

You can not download "Social Life" with WITP (and some other programs) installed. It would be like getting the programs WIFE 2.0 and GIRLFRIEND 3.5 to co-exist on the same harddrive....ain't gonna happen.

Now forget about this "Social Life" stuff and get back to hitting the "Send/Receive" button on your email every 10 seconds in hopes of receiving a PBEM turn.

I am actually trying to kick my WITP PBEM habit by simply NOT playing a PBEM anymore.

Talk about ADICTIVE!!!

I checked my mail every 2 minutes, hoping that my "fix" had arrived. Going on a high whenever "it" came in.
At my worst time I was playing 15 turns of a full campain a NIGHT!!

I think I actually lost GF 3.0 through my PBEM addiction..

But to my defense. GF 4.0 is MUCH better looking and active, that 3.0 ever was

< Message edited by wild_Willie2 -- 1/9/2008 5:42:09 PM >

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 34
RE: Finally bought it - 1/9/2008 6:20:44 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Welcome to the club..

Lawrence

I am actually trying to kick my WITP PBEM habit by simply NOT playing a PBEM anymore.

Talk about ADICTIVE!!!

I checked my mail every 2 minutes, hoping that my "fix" had arrived. Going on a high whenever "it" came in.
At my worst time I was playing 15 turns of a full campain a NIGHT!!

I think I actually lost GF 3.0 through my PBEM addiction..

But to my defense. GF 4.0 is MUCH better looking and active, that 3.0 ever was

Do not worry.
Yesterday night i've been unloaded by G.F. Mk. IX...to cure this i simply downloaded another Pbem turn and everything was fine again...now time to upgrade to G.F.Mk. X...hope this later model has no hispano cannon and a bigger "bomb load"

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

Post #: 35
RE: Finally bought it - 1/9/2008 10:42:16 PM   
Koniev

w'willie -

I speak from a perspective that's close to yours.  I bought this game about 3 weeks ago(?) and since getting into it with the help of the addicts on this board now go to sleep thinking things like "Do I have enough MP's (money points) to buy some FP's(fuel points) to put in my car.  I drive an AWD so the towing points are higher than for a 2X.  I don't drive to another town, I move a hex in that direction. Well, you get the drift.

As for social life I have to blaspheme a little....TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER!!  Yup, honestly,  that's the first step.
and please understand that, although there is a points system in SL, no male has ever figured it out.  I do know that if you get wife X.X your CmptrTimePts shrink to insignificance. There is a corrosponding drastic increase in MwLwnPts, WshCrPts and QT(Quality time(whatever the hell that is) points).  It gets much worse with the addition of rugrat 1.0, 2.0 ....etc. although dog 1.0 isn't too bad.  A Cautionary note here: rugrat X.X will accumulate size points very quickly and soon will beat you handily at WiTP or any other game you play on a computer, X-Box, Play Station etc.

I hope that I have given you some idea of the massive change in your life you have, perhaps unwittingly, brought on yourself.  Welcome to the asylum!!

"Those who don't remember History are condemned to relive it" George Santayana

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 36
RE: Finally bought it - 1/9/2008 10:49:58 PM   
DaveB

I think you must want THIS link guys -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwNQf08Kxsw

A series of 8 (and counting) short video clips that allow one to strike the correct position between 'WW2 warrior God' and 'up to date member of social classes, slightly young'.

Dave

(in reply to Koniev)
Post #: 37
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 12:09:37 AM   
HansK

Hi guys,

ordered the game in the recent sale and am awaiting its arrival. Have been sitting on the fence for some time now, saw this game in action 2 or 3 years ago and came away impressed, and finally fell off it waving my card.

Have UV lying around and think it would be wise to explore that game first to get a 'feel' for the game mechanics.

In the meantime I can say goodbye to my friends and family if I have to believe the previous posters...

Hans

(in reply to DaveB)
Post #: 38
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 12:23:10 AM   
bobogoboom

I have a vibrant and active social life. and a healthy does of witp crack.
work
8-6pm   work(the thread when i am on lunch or a break(sometims i go home for lunch to play a witp turn))
6-7:30  workout
7:30-8:30 WITP
8:30-1:00 Social Life(also known as alcohol and females)
1:10-2:00 WITP

and on the weekends.
friday
6-7:30 WITP
7:30-3AM Social Event
3-10 Sleep(only if its a bad night)
10AM-11:AM Hangover recovery
11AM-6PM WITP(ehhem opponents this hasn't happened the past 2 saturdays cause i did't have enough turns come in)
6-7PM situps and pushups
7pm-3am Social event
3am-???WITP(i don't always perform best during this time period)
???-11AMsleep
11AM-12:30pm eat/rest/witp
1:00-5:00 Long Run
5-6:30WITP
6:30-7shower/eat
7-2am sunday fun day
2am-2:45WITP
sleep

now repeat.

Come on guys i'm really not seeing the problem here.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc

(in reply to DaveB)
Post #: 39
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 2:43:58 AM   
Warspite3

quote:

quote:

quote:

Welcome to the club..

Lawrence

Oh, no... reading this, I think I maybe in trouble too. Just when I thought Civ4, GalCiv2, and Advanced Tactics made me lose that link I had favorited in IE where I can download "Social Life", since installing WitP, it appears I lost it once again. Maybe the installation of WitP erases that link? Anyway, I don't have it so I am certainly not the one to ask. I bet over on some mindless FPS forum, they will have the link there. I doubt you can find it anywhere on the entire matrix games site. You could try to uninstall WitP, then it may show up but if you have any of the other games I mention up top, probably not so you would have to unintall them as well. Then check your IE favorites, the link shows up, strange huh?

-Warspite3-

Post #: 40
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 3:01:41 AM   
ny59giants

quote:

work
8-6pm work(the thread when i am on lunch or a break(sometims i go home for lunch to play a witp turn))
6-7:30 workout
7:30-8:30 WITP

and on the weekends.
friday
11AM-6PM WITP(ehhem opponents this hasn't happened the past 2 saturdays cause i did't have enough turns come in)
6-7PM situps and pushups
7pm-3am Social event
???-11AMsleep
7-2am sunday fun day
sleep

now repeat.

To be young and foolish....again.

(in reply to Warspite3)
Post #: 41
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 4:21:25 AM   
bobogoboom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warspite3
I bet over on some mindless FPS forum, they will have the link there. I doubt you can find it anywhere on the entire matrix games site.

Somehow i imagine they are far less likely to have it than us. You ever seen an fps geek try and talk to a girl.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.

Sig art by rogueusmc

(in reply to Warspite3)
Post #: 42
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 4:21:57 AM   
bobogoboom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

quote:

work
8-6pm work(the thread when i am on lunch or a break(sometims i go home for lunch to play a witp turn))
6-7:30 workout
7:30-8:30 WITP

and on the weekends.
friday
6-7PM situps and pushups
7pm-3am Social event
???-11AMsleep
7-2am sunday fun day
sleep

now repeat.

To be young and foolish....again.

Why whatever do you mean?

Sig art by rogueusmc

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 43
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 1:57:55 PM   
wild_Willie2

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warspite3
I bet over on some mindless FPS forum, they will have the link there. I doubt you can find it anywhere on the entire matrix games site.

Somehow i imagine they are far less likely to have it than us. You ever seen an fps geek try and talk to a girl.

That would go like this
"Would you like to see how well I can handle my bazooka?"
"You look as beautifull as that girl from farcry"
"BOOM HEADSHOT!!!"
"What is your teamranking/fragscore in battlefield2?"

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to bobogoboom)
Post #: 44
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 11:09:55 PM   
madgamer2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Welcome to the club..

Lawrence

well I have thought about it some and being a man of advanced age I think it has something to do with "Females"
what ever they are.
Lawrence

Post #: 45
RE: Finally bought it - 1/10/2008 11:13:56 PM   
VSWG

quote:

quote:

quote:

Welcome to the club..

Lawrence

It's called "First Life". Join now, membership is FREE!!

quote:

First life is a 3D Analog World where server lag does not exist.

http://www.getafirstlife.com/

Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Finally bought it Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI