Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CFNA loss penalty problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> CFNA loss penalty problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CFNA loss penalty problem - 1/8/2008 2:23:23 PM   
mikbolo

sorry for my bad english ,and for the double post ,but ive a question about CFNA 42-43 scenario, im playing a PBEM game , i’m at the third turn and ive noticed that in the SITUATION BRIEFING in the VICTORY CONDITION , the LOSS PENALTY are still and always 0 for both friendly amd enemy forces… and this after almost 2 weeks of strong fights with several evaporated units… is it normal?moreover when im playing my turn i can see the loss penalty but when i start the new turn they are 0-0 again..
Thx in advance for the help
michele
Post #: 1
RE: CFNA loss penalty problem - 1/8/2008 4:00:37 PM   
Heldenkaiser

If there are a lot of objectives on the map, the loss penalty would be very low, as I think it's a percentage of the total objectives value? Just a guess.

(in reply to mikbolo)
Post #: 2
RE: CFNA loss penalty problem - 1/8/2008 6:20:08 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Heldenkaiser

If there are a lot of objectives on the map, the loss penalty would be very low, as I think it's a percentage of the total objectives value? Just a guess.

Loss penalty relates to the difference between the AP value in units at the start of the scenario and now.

If your loss penalty is zero despite heavy losses, then some units must have started significantly understrength and are now filled up.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Heldenkaiser)
Post #: 3
RE: CFNA loss penalty problem - 1/8/2008 8:12:20 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikbolo

sorry for my bad english ,and for the double post ,but ive a question about CFNA 42-43 scenario, im playing a PBEM game , i’m at the third turn and ive noticed that in the SITUATION BRIEFING in the VICTORY CONDITION , the LOSS PENALTY are still and always 0 for both friendly amd enemy forces… and this after almost 2 weeks of strong fights with several evaporated units… is it normal?moreover when im playing my turn i can see the loss penalty but when i start the new turn they are 0-0 again..
Thx in advance for the help
michele

Be patient. You've got to do more killing and burn up the stockpiled replacements first.

(in reply to mikbolo)
Post #: 4
RE: CFNA loss penalty problem - 1/9/2008 10:58:36 AM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Be patient. You've got to do more killing and burn up the stockpiled replacements first.

Even if there's a stockpile of equipment, there should still be a lag in the replacements getting to units, meaning that they are understrength. If his loss penalty is zero- not just low, actually zero- then there has to be another explanation.

"War Studies"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 5
RE: CFNA loss penalty problem - 1/9/2008 6:35:04 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

quote:

Even if there's a stockpile of equipment, there should still be a lag in the replacements getting to units, meaning that they are understrength. If his loss penalty is zero- not just low, actually zero- then there has to be another explanation.

He's describing a lag:

"i can see the loss penalty but when i start the new turn they are 0-0 again.. "

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 6
RE: CFNA loss penalty problem - 1/10/2008 11:31:14 AM   
golden delicious

quote:

He's describing a lag:

"i can see the loss penalty but when i start the new turn they are 0-0 again.. "

Fair enough- but even with good replacement rates your units should still take several turns to recover from losses with the usual settings. Either a) your scenario has very high replacement priorities for most or all units or b) there's something else acting here.

"War Studies"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> CFNA loss penalty problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI