Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 12/3/2001 8:39:00 PM   
rodo benzo

Genial !
I really thought the strategic napoleonic wargame from matrix will never exist.
Bu no ! it's here (nearly) ...
What is the release date ? Au fait, on en parle en francais sur le forum de www.benzo.net. A+ Cya

Tous les meilleurs jeux sont sur http://www.benzo.net/forum.htm - BenZo.net, le club de jeu OnLine ! If you want a friend, buy a dog !

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 31
- 1/17/2002 7:38:00 AM   
Bill aka Bearwolfen

I too was disappointed by the earlier cancellation of the grand strategic Napoleonic Wars game.
Where did that old design goto?
This one looks interesting to say the least...
histoical national anthems included?
thank you
Bearwolf

"You can't say that civilization don't advance...
for in every war they kill you a new way." Will Rogers

Post #: 32
- 1/18/2002 3:22:00 AM   
Grumble

quote:

Back in '86 at ORIGINS, I recall talking to a rather eminent Avalon Hill designer who said to me, "Napoleonics don't sell" when I asked him for updates on their War an Peace title.
Interesting, as Napoleonics is routinely the number 2 most frequently gamed era (after WW2). I discussed the rise of computer games with probably the same AH person at a convention in '88/89. His response was, "computer games will never become popoular enough to replace board games". Given AH's scramble into the computer market, this attitude must of been general (no pun). With these attitudes, no wonder they went T/U...

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

Post #: 33
- 1/18/2002 11:29:00 AM   
RB_Owl

I don't think I have run into a Avalon Hill computer game yet that didn't deserve the death penalty for the programmer!!! They have produced some seriously bad computer games...the last one was Squad Leader...which had nothing in common with its board game brethern!!! I am glad that AH was absorbed by Hasbro...I hope they get crapped out of them eventually so better organizations can produce better computer games than AH ever did. AH did some good things for board wargames but eventually they really never adjusted to the information revolution created by computers. Owl

Post #: 34
- 1/22/2002 1:26:00 AM   
CharlyFox

Wow, I m three month late in learning this, just visiting this forum back after one year abscence!!! The description is definetly Mouth Watering, and it reminds me of Empire In Arms! I hope this game will reach and go beyond EIA (which I play little as it s so difficult to find 6 other crazys to spends weeks on this game)! Thanks Matrix Games

Post #: 35
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/16/2007 11:41:53 AM   
Soult

quote:

The long wait for a strategic computer simulation of the Napoleonic conflict is over.

HURRA !!!!!!

For a long, long time I was waiting for this news - and finaly I found it, yea!

Post #: 36
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/18/2007 4:05:32 AM   
SittingDuck

Holy hell.  5.5 years later....

(in reply to Soult)
Post #: 37
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/18/2007 8:02:21 AM   
Murat

Soult, why do insist on rehashing these old posts for no reason? This is like the 6th or 7th time you have done this. Are you really this much of a dumb ass?

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 38
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/18/2007 12:17:15 PM   
Soult

I was looking for some news, when I found none I looked at older posts - and in the end I found this "the long wait is over" from David Heath. For me it was really amusing to read in 2007 that he announced in 2001 that the "long wait..." is over. On one hand he was absolut right to speak about a "long wait", but not in total. I thought it is really worth reading some of these old postings: several guys directly asked about EIA, another one blamed Avalon Hill (compare this one to the actual Hasbo thread) and one wrote
"Take the time it dosnt matter how long get it right and us wargammers will be forever in your debt"... isn´t it nice to meet a real prophet ?

But well, indeed I could be some kind of dumb ass- because I thought it might be a nice idea to continue this thread with several more "optimistic prognoses", like
"Mission Accomplished" or
"I believe it is peace for our time."

Thats my kind of humor in this situation, sorry if you dislike it. Of course it could be much more productive to discuss EiA, i.e. I still wonder how to solve the problem that there is no "overrun-rule" by now as far as I know... but I don´t see any chance for a result.

So: Wouldn´t you like to add another optimistic historical statement, perhapse "I will regain the crown of Naples soon!" ?

< Message edited by Soult -- 8/18/2007 12:46:40 PM >

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 39
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/18/2007 7:40:30 PM   
Murat

Once can be a humorous "Haha, you sure got me there."  6 is annoying, especially with the previous teaser about impending release.

(in reply to Soult)
Post #: 40
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/21/2007 12:19:50 AM   
rz0slz

It is really stupid.

Please stop this mess.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 41
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/21/2007 5:18:39 AM   
timewalker03

Or a good idea for those who don't seem to like this maybe could just ignore it and the person doing it. Each person is different and since this is a free site and a free world for the most part, then freedom to post reigns. This is actually a good idea to remind Matrix of their earlier statements and to show the popularity of a game that has taken a bit of time produce. Anyway have a very nice day and maybe the game will be released within the next 5 years while people still have interest in it.

(in reply to rz0slz)
Post #: 42
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/21/2007 2:25:32 PM   
Norden_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

Soult, why do insist on rehashing these old posts for no reason? This is like the 6th or 7th time you have done this. Are you really this much of a dumb ass?

Why shouldnt he? Apparently there is someone here, who falls for it 6 or 7 times in a row, now theres a D*** a** for you!

Norden

Norden
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hexagonally challenged

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 43
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/24/2007 3:28:16 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

Once can be a humorous "Haha, you sure got me there."  6 is annoying, especially with the previous teaser about impending release.

Well I for one find this (renewed) thread very funny

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 44
RE: The Long Wait is Over - 8/24/2007 3:30:06 AM   
YohanTM2

Sure you do Oleg. but you were part of the flight sim take off on Hitler's bunker were you not?

that one was way too funny, I see someone is doing a knock off with Xbox.

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 45
RE: - 9/1/2007 6:30:07 AM   
marc420

Soult!  This is brilliant!!!!!!!!!

The long wait is over in 2001...... Ha!  I'm going to laugh about this one for a week!  At least!!!

This has got to go next to Harpoon 4 in some sort of Hall of Fame for longest runs of software vaporware!  :)

Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism. ~George Washington

(in reply to rodo benzo)
Post #: 46
RE: RE: - 9/1/2007 9:30:54 AM   
timewalker03

Got to say you are correct. This project gets close to being done then falls back again. The only thing I can associate this project with is the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where Sir Lancelot is storming the castle and every scene the guards look at him he's back at the beginning running towards the castle. Hopefully though the end result will be the same where Lancelot finally reaches the castle. Of course he kills everyone, but that's another comparison for a later time.

(in reply to marc420)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI