Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Training

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Training Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Training - 1/20/2008 3:15:59 PM   
Czrasai

I'm a new player and just familarizing myself with CoG, I'm playing England, standard campaign, it's Jan. 1809 and I can't do any military traing. How do I go about this? I'm catching on (sort of). Also, how do I become an Empire.
Post #: 1
RE: Training - 1/20/2008 4:30:06 PM   
Czrasai

I just was able to start mulitary training, I guess it has a set date, the French & Spanish are knocking the you know what out of me. I also make a key mistake,  and now Turkey has joined the fun, at my expense.

(in reply to Czrasai)
Post #: 2
RE: Training - 1/20/2008 7:45:55 PM   
ericbabe

What sort of military training do you mean?  Creating new units?  Get military upgrades?

You become an empire by conquering new territories and/or gaining protectorates.  The exact number required should be in the manual.

(in reply to Czrasai)
Post #: 3
RE: Training - 1/21/2008 3:57:33 AM   
Czrasai

"What sort of military training do you mean?  Creating new units?  Get military upgrades?"
Military upgrades, I was able to start upgrading, but I don't know why. Is there a different date for each country, or is it random, what do I need to do to start upgrading as soon as possible? 

"You become an empire by conquering new territories and/or gaining protectorates.  The exact number required should be in the manual."
Well then, it will be some time before I become an Empire. Right now I'm not so much interested in gaining new territories as I am in learning CoG. 

Thank you for your response

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Training - 1/21/2008 11:18:30 AM   
jkBluesman

The level of barracks is the key. So you need to build barracks in your provinces. IIRC London has the highest level already. Try to raise it by one and gradually build barracks elsewhere.

"War is the field of chance."
Carl von Clausewitz

(in reply to Czrasai)
Post #: 5
RE: Training - 1/21/2008 1:50:35 PM   
Czrasai

"The level of barracks is the key. So you need to build barracks in your provinces. IIRC London has the highest level already. Try to raise it by one and gradually build barracks elsewhere."

Thanks jkBluesman 

(in reply to jkBluesman)
Post #: 6
RE: Training - 1/22/2008 4:48:18 PM   
Gem35

each time one of your provinces upgrades it's barracks level your military training level will slowly increase. After your military training level "average" exceeds the number of trained upgrades, you will be given a choice of which upgrades to select on the following turn.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to Czrasai)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Training Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI