Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I DON'T want my money back !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: I DON'T want my money back ! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I DON'T want my money back ! - 1/30/2008 6:01:48 PM   
Murat

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

Tutorial needed. This is a COMMERCIAL GAME made by a COMPANY. Some of the posters here treat this game as though it were some community project freeware, which it is NOT. It's a $70 game. Let me repeat, a SEVENTY DOLLAR GAME!! That's the most expensive computer game I have ever even considered buying.

That said, the very little I did play of the game came pretty easy. Although I found, at that time, the UI to be ugly, out dated and clunky (which it looks like it still is, like some 1985 pixel programmer put together the graphics), I didnt' find it difficult to "use", in the sense that I could move my corps, make attacks, make builds, etc, etc.

1] I am hoping you are saying that this should have had a tutorial.
2] You were a playtester, where were these comments before release? I find it appalling that a playtester describes the UI in such terms.
3] Luckily the community has worked on the project. SOMEONE has to help get the game working better especially in light of playtesters not having done so.

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 31
RE: I DON'T want my money back ! - 1/30/2008 7:39:46 PM   
NeverMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

Tutorial needed. This is a COMMERCIAL GAME made by a COMPANY. Some of the posters here treat this game as though it were some community project freeware, which it is NOT. It's a $70 game. Let me repeat, a SEVENTY DOLLAR GAME!! That's the most expensive computer game I have ever even considered buying.

That said, the very little I did play of the game came pretty easy. Although I found, at that time, the UI to be ugly, out dated and clunky (which it looks like it still is, like some 1985 pixel programmer put together the graphics), I didnt' find it difficult to "use", in the sense that I could move my corps, make attacks, make builds, etc, etc.

1] I am hoping you are saying that this should have had a tutorial.
2] You were a playtester, where were these comments before release? I find it appalling that a playtester describes the UI in such terms.
3] Luckily the community has worked on the project. SOMEONE has to help get the game working better especially in light of playtesters not having done so.

1] "Tutorial needed"...... I think that's pretty self explanatory.
2] READ MY POSTS!!!! I never got a chance to playtest, can't tell you how many times I have to tell you this.
3] Once again, you are attacking a group of people who put their free time into making this game happen. It just makes you look bitter and ignorant.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 32
RE: I DON'T want my money back ! - 1/30/2008 10:17:24 PM   
Murat

1] Glad you agree, mine is kind of simplistic.
2] http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1694934&mpage=2
quote:

ORIGINAL:  NeverMan
...when I became a betatester...
...Yes and? I made that post before they made me a playtester, what is your point?...

3] It was not for free as you pointed out since there was a free game to be had worth U$70 which as you admitted in many cases was not earned.

< Message edited by Murat -- 1/31/2008 1:56:10 AM >

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 33
RE: I DON'T want my money back ! - 1/31/2008 12:15:10 AM   
NeverMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

1] Glad you agree, mine is kind of simplistic.
2]
quote:

ORIGINAL:  NeverMan
...when I became a betatester...

3] It was not for free as you pointed out since there was a free game to be had worth U$70 which as you admitted in many cases was not earned.

2] discussed to no end or agreement.
3] I doubt that was the intention of many considering they didn't know they would be getting a free copy until they saw the NDA. I really hope MatrixGames doesn't accidently send me one, as I feel really bad about my lack of participation and certainly don't deserve, by any means, a copy. I just don't think it's cool of you to attack an entire group of people that spent a lot of time playing and trying to fix this game. It's not cool in fact, it's pretty damn dicky of you. Stop being bitter and get over it.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 34
RE: I DON'T want my money back ! - 2/9/2008 5:39:49 AM   
Gravit

3) IMO if someone commits to playtesting and either doesn't do what they committed to do or does a poor job of it then those of us who purchase a product, EXPECTI?NG it to have been playtested will have open season on the lack of product quality.  I have other Matrix products and they rock.  Somehow quality went in the toilet for this particular game.  Matrix needs to know the customer's displeasure to prevent this from happening with future products (such as World in Flames!!!).  I'm now not going to buy that game until I see a chorus of people who did posting that it was PLAYTESTED.

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: I DON'T want my money back ! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI