Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weather Zone settings?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Weather Zone settings? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weather Zone settings? - 2/18/2008 8:50:40 PM   
Telumar

Stupid question: Are the settings for a weather zone (not those ones in the set environment menue) in the environment editor just the start values or the general likelihood of the specific weather zone? I am talking specifically about precipitation.

Btw.

Post #: 1
RE: Weather Zone settings? - 2/18/2008 8:55:21 PM   
ColinWright

All I know is that if you want to avoid the map generally being covered by clouds, you'd best set everything to 'clear -- no precipitation.'

That's how I get reasonable weather for England (!!!!).

Actually, I do that, and then have some specific 'storm' events. Still, if you ever want to see Mr Sunshine, tell the computer this is the Sahara desert in July.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 2
RE: Weather Zone settings? - 2/18/2008 9:33:16 PM   
Telumar

Well, thanks Colin but i am not very enlightened now.. What i want is good weather and open view on the first turn. I have set the environment ('global settings') to cool and heavy precipitation and my weather zone 1 (the only one) to fair sight, no precipitation and cool. Will this setting for this weather zone affect future turns - i mean will i have less precipitation over the course of the scenario than with setting the weather zone to, say, heavy precipitation (which will make the weather on turn 1 ahistorical..)? Storms are set up for later turns, together with Air shock though i am not sure wether i need Air shock during storm turns..

The current weather system is insufficient..and the handling of air units, too...

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 3
RE: Weather Zone settings? - 2/18/2008 11:02:17 PM   
ColinWright

Isn't there an event to have a weather front move in? If I were you, I'd make a test scenario and play with things until you get the effect you want.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 4
RE: Weather Zone settings? - 2/19/2008 11:22:00 AM   
Boonierat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

The current weather system is insufficient..and the handling of air units, too...

Don't tell me, its one of my biggest frustration with my Vietnam series. From what I can tell, the weather zone settings only affects the first turn, after that the 'global setting' kicks in.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 5
RE: Weather Zone settings? - 2/19/2008 7:11:35 PM   
Telumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boonierat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

Don't tell me, its one of my biggest frustration with my Vietnam series. From what I can tell, the weather zone settings only affects the first turn, after that the 'global setting' kicks in.

Hm..i think i'll have a go with clear and no precipitation on turn 1 then. Anyway storms will be triggered by separate events..it took me quite some events to get something like a "weather engine" that produceds random storms (and triggers according effects) according to historical likelihoods.

< Message edited by Telumar -- 2/19/2008 7:12:29 PM >

(in reply to Boonierat)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Weather Zone settings? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI