Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Favorite Matrix Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Favorite Matrix Game Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 3/19/2008 11:16:00 PM   
Grell

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

I changed my mind, now it's COTA.

Regards,

Grell

Sorry you can't change your mind unless you are female. ;)

That's just great! LOL

I'm aiding you in your tomfoolery.

Regards,

Grell

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 61
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 3/21/2008 9:34:01 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

I changed my mind, now it's COTA.

Regards,

Grell

Sorry you can't change your mind unless you are female. ;)

OMG!!! I was in tears when I read that! Priceless!

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 62
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 3/28/2008 5:57:15 AM   
KG Erwin

I am having a blast with a non-wargame. I was a big SPWaW guy at one time, but Shaun Sullivan's PureSim Baseball is now dominating my gaming time. I've been a baseball fan for years, and played a few of the boardgames, but PS is exactly what I was looking for.

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 63
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 3/29/2008 3:00:55 PM   
EUBanana

Still on Guns of August.

Its the only Matrix game I play now.  And I have...

CAW - not bad for a few days play, but no long lasting appeal
WitP - played it for 2 years, so I guess this is a win.  .  But had no interest in starting again from 1941!
Starshatter - just plain bad
COTA - totally fail to see why people like this game, its utterly devoid of any strategy.  booooooooooring. 
Forge of Freedom - couldn't get into it.  Hated the tactical combat, soooo slow and laggy, it was a chore.  Sid Meiers Gettysburg was actually fun tactical combat.  Not really an ACW fan though, can see that someone who is would like it.
GoA - work of genius, and a WW1 game is really something novel.  And its actually good!
Harpoon - I want to play this more but have no time.  Good game

I have eyes on WiF though, thats on my list of games to buy for sure.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 64
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 3/29/2008 5:29:36 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana
CAW - not bad for a few days play, but no long lasting appeal

Have you updated this to add the new scenarios and all the mystery variants? It has a lot of replayability now, at least in my opinion.

quote:

Starshatter - just plain bad

What turned you off with this one? I had fun playing through the campaign when we released this years ago and the newer Gathering Storm improved on the original.

quote:

COTA - totally fail to see why people like this game, its utterly devoid of any strategy.  booooooooooring.

Really? So you won every scenario without having to think?

quote:

Forge of Freedom - couldn't get into it.  Hated the tactical combat, soooo slow and laggy, it was a chore.  Sid Meiers Gettysburg was actually fun tactical combat.  Not really an ACW fan though, can see that someone who is would like it.

Have to ask on this one as well if you updated it to the latest - many, many improvements since the original release. It does want a decent computer to run on though, the more memory the smoother.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 65
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 3/29/2008 6:46:19 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

CAW... Have you updated this to add the new scenarios and all the mystery variants? It has a lot of replayability now, at least in my opinion.

No - I'll try that out.

quote:

Starshatter - What turned you off with this one? I had fun playing through the campaign when we released this years ago and the newer Gathering Storm improved on the original.

I don't know... What can I say. its just awful all over. Some games are just bad, and Starshatter was that. Uninspiring graphics, unexciting gameplay, even at the level of tactics and such there wasn't all that much in it. There are precious few space games like that unfortunately, but even lack of alternative couldn't persuade me to keep it installed.

I soldier on with Battlecruiser Millenium. Which is hardly the greatest game ever made.

quote:

COTA

I certainly didn't feel taxed while playing it, no. I didn't win every scenario because after completing about half of them I got bored, not really a good sign in a game.

quote:

Forge of Freedom
Have to ask on this one as well if you updated it to the latest - many, many improvements since the original release. It does want a decent computer to run on though, the more memory the smoother.

It might be the computer - or the update - but really, I think a gig of RAM should be fine for a hex based wargame, its not even like there is all that much going on with the tactical combat. Theres not much justification for needing >1 gig of RAM there.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 66
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 3/29/2008 8:48:48 PM   
Airdrop01

War in the Pacific with ease!

(in reply to bostonrpgmania)
Post #: 67
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 3/29/2008 10:23:31 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

quote:

CAW... Have you updated this to add the new scenarios and all the mystery variants? It has a lot of replayability now, at least in my opinion.

No - I'll try that out.

quote:

Starshatter - What turned you off with this one? I had fun playing through the campaign when we released this years ago and the newer Gathering Storm improved on the original.

I don't know... What can I say. its just awful all over. Some games are just bad, and Starshatter was that. Uninspiring graphics, unexciting gameplay, even at the level of tactics and such there wasn't all that much in it. There are precious few space games like that unfortunately, but even lack of alternative couldn't persuade me to keep it installed.

I soldier on with Battlecruiser Millenium. Which is hardly the greatest game ever made.

quote:

COTA

I certainly didn't feel taxed while playing it, no. I didn't win every scenario because after completing about half of them I got bored, not really a good sign in a game.

quote:

Forge of Freedom

It might be the computer - or the update - but really, I think a gig of RAM should be fine for a hex based wargame, its not even like there is all that much going on with the tactical combat. Theres not much justification for needing >1 gig of RAM there.

I LIKE "THIS" GUY! :)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 68
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 4/3/2008 8:16:32 PM   
Alby

Steel Panthers World at War...of course

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 69
RE: Favorite Matrix Game - 4/3/2008 9:35:51 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

quote:

or perhaps in a player................

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Favorite Matrix Game Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI