Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

speeding up profiling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> speeding up profiling Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
speeding up profiling - 4/2/2008 8:32:03 AM   
micvik

When editing profiles it would be nice if we could tie variables together. At the
moment, if I wanted create a group that applied to the last 3 minutes of the half
I would have to create three separate groups. It would be nice to have the
option of having the <:30,:30-1,1-3 minutes left all selected in one group. It
would make profile building faster and less cluttered.

So instead of

DN3, TG15+, MIN<:30, HALFANY, DFGANY, ANY, [86,14]
DN3, TG15+, MIN:30-1, HALFANY, DFGANY, ANY, [86,14]
DN3, TG15+, MIN1-3, HALFANY, DFGANY, ANY, [86,14]

We could have:

DN3, TG15+, MIN<:30 - MIN1-3, HALFANY, DFGANY, ANY, [86,14]

I am also still finding profile building somewhat slow because of the play
selection. It would be nice if we could select a number plays at a time when
putting plays into groups.

One suggestion I have is for automating the addition of plays to groups based on certain criteria. One criterion that could be used would be a basic play description each play could have. I remember Fbpro had play descriptions like this. For example a pass play were the main receiver is expected to make the catch after 10 yards could be labeled "Long", one between 10 and 5 "Medium" and less than 5 "Short". So if I am creating a profile for third and ten I could just tell the playbook editor to fill the profile with the criteria "Long" pass plays.

Another criteria could be number of receivers or formation. If I am creating
plays for third and fifteen we could just tell the editor to fill the group with all 4 and 5 wide receiver pass plays.

Another concern I have is the way plays are described when you want to load them
into a group. For example their are nine HB dives in my playbook and I am given no information as to what formation they are until I click on them. It would be nice to have a column in the open file window for Base Formation so one could easily select plays from a certain formation.
Post #: 1
RE: speeding up profiling - 4/2/2008 8:48:43 PM   
Marauders

I agree.  that would be helpful.

If the game allowed one to have mutiple designators in areas selected for a save, that would resolve the ANY problem because it would create the more specific groups.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 2
RE: speeding up profiling - 4/24/2008 6:26:08 PM   
micvik

another thing that would speed things up would be being able to put all the plays in a playbook into a group with one click.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: speeding up profiling - 4/24/2008 8:03:45 PM   
hack153

very good suggestions.  that would make life a lot easier.

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 4
RE: speeding up profiling - 4/24/2008 8:46:20 PM   
Marauders

quote:

another thing that would speed things up would be being able to put all the plays in a playbook into a group with one click.

I assume you mean to put all the plays in to then edit some out.

If one doesn't put any plays in, and just gives a percentage, the AI will automatically select from the entire playbook.  This is a change that went in for 2.2.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 5
RE: speeding up profiling - 4/24/2008 11:15:02 PM   
micvik

True, but the method I am using when it comes to playbook creation is to make it in pieces.

So lets say I am making a play book for last minute comebacks. So I will only import certain plays like shotgun plays,4wr or 5wr. I could then just put the plays into the profile groups with just one click. Export the last minute comebacks playbook then import it into the main playbook.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: speeding up profiling - 4/25/2008 8:58:14 PM   
gwilkins

I have a hard time understanding and using the current playbook utility.  What I would like to see would be a play sheet, if somebody will tell me how to attache a document I'll show an example, and you just drag and drop the plays you want and adjust the percentage of run vs. pass in each situation.  Then if you want to change play calling, like if you’re down by 14 in the 4th qtr or for a two minute offense all you half to do is create another sheet.  I use this sheet both when I am calling plays in max-football and with my junior high team.  Usually three sheets cover all situations for offense

< Message edited by gwilkins -- 4/25/2008 9:19:07 PM >

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 7
RE: speeding up profiling - 4/25/2008 8:59:54 PM   
gwilkins

All right I figured how to add an attachment, this is the sheet I was talking about.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by gwilkins -- 4/25/2008 9:23:26 PM >

(in reply to gwilkins)
Post #: 8
RE: speeding up profiling - 5/3/2008 10:58:03 PM   
micvik

Intereseting idea that might work. I know a drag n drop interface would be great.

(in reply to gwilkins)
Post #: 9
RE: speeding up profiling - 5/3/2008 11:03:11 PM   
micvik

The addition of the ability to move a group up or down in the profile has been great. I think it could be improved upon if you could move multiple groups at the same time. It would really speed up profiling and make it easier to correct mistakes.

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> speeding up profiling Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI