Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.4 Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/17/2008 1:22:10 PM   
Matto

Standard behavior ... nobody know, what is on the right side ... some hidden beauty girl ? 

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 751
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/17/2008 2:52:00 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad
I can not get this page to show the whole chart. Any ideas on why?
The chart will not resize for me. I have seen that others can view the entire chart.

I'm working on fixing that somehow ... different resolutions are difficult to adjust for, but I will look into the problem and see if I can find a suitable fix. Last time I tried, it caused problems with resizing ... so I'll get back to you.

Is anyone else finding the text is different after the new Java release ?

Matto ... nope not that but nice try ...

I think I have finally fixed the Air production problem (histories not showing correctly), sorry for causing the problem and not debugging enough initially. The next release will clear this up.

Cheers to all
Damian

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 752
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/17/2008 3:00:55 PM   
Nomad

Tonight I can try it at some different resolutions to see if one will work. I know it doesn't work at 1920 x 1200

To me it appears that the production box is not resizing to fit the window size. Is there a properties flag that controls that?

< Message edited by Nomad -- 12/17/2008 3:02:01 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 753
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/17/2008 3:08:14 PM   
n01487477

Nomad,
I doubt it will show the whole chart at any resolution. What you see on your screen shot will be the same in any different resolution. The problem stems from the panel being fixed to a certain resolution ... if I don't do that then it affects the whole... I'm still learning java gui's(Graphic User Interface - the screen)...

They are easy for many things and then very complicated for others -- but am getting better I hope.

Anyway, I'll keep plugging along and hopefully I'll sort it sometime.

Damian

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 754
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/17/2008 3:14:16 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Can you do a screen shot for me Chris, not sure which screen you mean ... Is Ambonia a base you have recently captured or changed hands ?

Nope, it was an example, I have the same problem with any base but i'm playing the Allies in an AI game sen CHS155. I'm also playing a PBEM as Japan and it works fine as I've just checked.

The problem only appears to affect the allies.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 755
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/17/2008 4:03:58 PM   
n01487477

Nice catch Chris ...

I've narrowed it down, and will get to work on fixing it ... the data is actually saved in the Base area and if you click on the cells, it actually gives the correct data ... Problem effects 3 panels "Reg Fcty" ,"Reg Ind" & "Oil & Res" only.

So it is only the top screen and seems only to apply to the Allies. Note to self ... more testing as the Allies.

Thanks again and fixes will be made.
Damian

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 756
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/20/2008 5:48:50 PM   
Nomad

I would also like to point out that there is an inaccuracy in this screen. The Oil and Resource produced items do not include the amount that is shipped in, only what the oil and resource centers produce. This ends up showing a false number of days of either available.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nomad -- 12/20/2008 5:49:44 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 757
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/20/2008 6:19:49 PM   
Local Yokel

quote:

I can not get this page to show the whole chart. Any ideas on why?

The chart will not resize for me. I have seen that others can view the entire chart.

This may be my fault . I've posted what look like screenshots of the whole chart in my AAR, but in fact it's a cut and paste job of two 'half-charts'.

Tracker continues to be invaluable, particularly since I keep finding new nuggets that I'd not previously noticed. I do, however, have a couple of minor glitches. One is that I'm not seeing any grand totals (ID 250) in the Air Production Overview tab. The other is that one of the child windows opened by clicking a button on the main form correctly presents a drilled-down display of information a few times then ceases to so so. I think it's in LCU history, but will need to check. I assume that the code has to fetch data from the database afresh in order to generate these subordinate displays - could it be that the fetch doesn't working correctly after it is invoked a few times?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 758
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/20/2008 9:11:18 PM   
n01487477

quote:

I would also like to point out that there is an inaccuracy in this screen. The Oil and Resource produced items do not include the amount that is shipped in, only what the oil and resource centers produce. This ends up showing a false number of days of either available.

Yes, I did this deliberately. Are you talking about Australia or the West Coast? If Australia, then I can see your point and I could include this amt in parenthesis. As for the West Coast, then from the screen shot doesn't show that you are importing any. This works on destination, not home port, if you are using a waypoint...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 759
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/20/2008 9:40:29 PM   
ny59giants

Damian or Floyd,
Is there any way to add a filter for Air Production that allows selection of a particular nations planes?? Since I'm playing a 2x2 PBEM, it would be nice for me just to select the American planes being produced. It could have choices of All, American, IJN, IJA, CW, Australian, and British.
Thanks!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 760
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/20/2008 9:49:44 PM   
Nomad

Maybe the term shipped in was not right. I am toaking about the amount that just shows up each day.
The amount shown here for the United States I am referring to are the 6000 oil and 3900 resources.
These do not show up as part of production so the numbers look wrong.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nomad -- 12/20/2008 9:51:30 PM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 761
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/20/2008 10:15:02 PM   
n01487477

Good point Nomad ... I'll get to it fixing that.

Ny59 ... would be nice wouldn't it. The problem is that some planes are used by different services. Aircraft are not assigned to nationality, air groups are... so there will be problems doing this (but will think about a work around)

Local Yokel ... the air production screen will be fixed completely next release (I hope). As for the LCU pop up, I've never had a problem ... will do some testing ...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 762
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/20/2008 11:00:15 PM   
USSAmerica

Damien and Floyd, I just want to thank you both for all your work on this tool, and to congratulate you for producing such a usefull tool! 

I've been admiring from afar for a long time now, and finally installed 1.4.  Just browsing through the tool to see what it's features are, I've found some oil and resources hidden at bases I rarely check, and found several replacement issues that I need to address.  I hope you guys are learning and having as much fun with this thing as we all are using it! 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 763
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/20/2008 11:53:58 PM   
n01487477

Thanks Mike (USS A),
Floyd and I are working hard to get a new release out with fixes and suggestions in place fairly soon

I fly home (Brisbane) tonight for the family festivities over Xmas etc (I live in Pusan, Sth Korea). Anyway have a good weekend guys and I'll pop in to update in a few days / today if there are other issues.

I'll leave you in the hands of my much more capable partner in "code".

Cheers
Damian

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 764
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 4:11:35 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel
Tracker continues to be invaluable, particularly since I keep finding new nuggets that I'd not previously noticed. I do, however, have a couple of minor glitches. One is that I'm not seeing any grand totals (ID 250) in the Air Production Overview tab. The other is that one of the child windows opened by clicking a button on the main form correctly presents a drilled-down display of information a few times then ceases to so so. I think it's in LCU history, but will need to check. I assume that the code has to fetch data from the database afresh in order to generate these subordinate displays - could it be that the fetch doesn't working correctly after it is invoked a few times?

I've not seen that, but when (if) it stops working, are there any Java error messages in the console window?

And yes, each time you ask for history, we fetch information from the database, as keeping it all in memory is wasteful, time-consuming, and sure to cause the JVM to run out of memory...

(in reply to Local Yokel)
Post #: 765
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 9:20:58 AM   
Chris21wen

Air leader problems on the Air Group screen.

A considerable number off active air units are showing an 'unknown leader' but not in the game.
Changing the leader makes no difference. I'm also getting some java errors when I load a new turn but I've closed the screen screen my mistake so i'll post the it next turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 766
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 9:57:07 AM   
n01487477

I wonder Chris ... can you check and see whether it is a pilot from the Sqd that has assumed command or whether it is a "named" leader ... we are trying to get it right (and I doubt it is a fighter jock in command ... )

Maybe there is a switch that Floyd and I are missing here / the leaders expand like the pilots ? I'd have to do more testing ... which is all I seem to do these days... grumble grumble...

Most of the errors associated with loading turns comes from having a non-static window open when you are loading, but please post the results.

Thanks again
Damian

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 12/21/2008 10:19:49 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 767
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 11:13:55 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

I wonder Chris ... can you check and see whether it is a pilot from the Sqd that has assumed command or whether it is a "named" leader ... we are trying to get it right (and I doubt it is a fighter jock in command ... )

Maybe there is a switch that Floyd and I are missing here / the leaders expand like the pilots ? I'd have to do more testing ... which is all I seem to do these days... grumble grumble...

Thanks again
Damian

Both the old and new leaders were named leaders. In the jpg the one highlighted is the old one while Finley N (five down) is the new leader.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 768
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 11:15:22 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Most of the errors associated with loading turns comes from having a non-static window open when you are loading, but please post the results.

Thanks again
Damian

Loading error. What do you mean by non-static window?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 769
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 11:42:33 AM   
Chris21wen

More about leader problems.  Nether Farmer nor Finley are listed in the leader screen.  I've checked another unit with 'unknown leader' and that one isn't in the list of leaders either.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 770
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 12:09:44 PM   
Local Yokel

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

I've not seen that, but when (if) it stops working, are there any Java error messages in the console window?

And yes, each time you ask for history, we fetch information from the database, as keeping it all in memory is wasteful, time-consuming, and sure to cause the JVM to run out of memory...

OK, managed to trigger this in Airgroups and Pilots, Airgroups tab when clicking the 'History' button:

"C:\Games\WitP-CHS\NewTracker>java -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.getBackupImage(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.getBackupSurface(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.createVolatileImage(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.createVolatileImage(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component$BltBufferStrategy.createBackBuffers(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component$BltBufferStrategy.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component$BltSubRegionBufferStrategy.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.createBufferStrategy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.createBufferStrategy(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager$BufferInfo.createBufferStrategy(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager$BufferInfo.createBufferStrategy(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager$BufferInfo.getBufferStrategy(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.prepare(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)"

The newly spawned window completely fails to paint its internal canvas: all you see is whatever happens to be next below it in the Z-order - though the new window's borders display correctly, including the 'close window' control in top r/h corner, which correctly functions to close the new window.

HTH.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 771
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 12:44:22 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

More about leader problems.  Nether Farmer nor Finley are listed in the leader screen.  I've checked another unit with 'unknown leader' and that one isn't in the list of leaders either.

Okay, it must be that we're not reading the leader in for some reason. Can you send me a save file and the witptracker.properties file and I'll try to find these guys and why they're not being read in.

Floyd

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 772
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 12:46:44 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

Thanks again
Damian

Loading error. What do you mean by non-static window?

This happens when you load a new turn and do something to a window that contains information which changes from turn to turn ("non-static"). I was being fancy in the programming and made the turn loading a background task, so the screens can still be used when the loading is going on -- not such a great idea. These errors are harmless and once the turn loads, things should function fine.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 773
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 12:49:16 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, managed to trigger this in Airgroups and Pilots, Airgroups tab when clicking the 'History' button:

"C:\Games\WitP-CHS\NewTracker>java -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.getBackupImage(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.getBackupSurface(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.createVolatileImage(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.createVolatileImage(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component$BltBufferStrategy.createBackBuffers(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component$BltBufferStrategy.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component$BltSubRegionBufferStrategy.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.createBufferStrategy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.createBufferStrategy(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager$BufferInfo.getBufferStrategy(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.prepare(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)"

The newly spawned window completely fails to paint its internal canvas: all you see is whatever happens to be next below it in the Z-order - though the new window's borders display correctly, including the 'close window' control in top r/h corner, which correctly functions to close the new window.

HTH.

Looks like your java program ran out of memory. There are ways to run the JVM with more memory allocated, if your PC can handle it.

Post #: 774
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 12:57:51 PM   
Local Yokel

Floyd, looks like there's no shortage of physical memory on my machine. Will see what I can do get more memory allocated. Many thanks!

<edit> Cool! Increased heap size to 64MB - not only has this cured the air unit history display problem, it's also cured the problem with the air production total not showing. Just gets better and better! </edit>

< Message edited by Local Yokel -- 12/21/2008 1:17:12 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 775
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 2:55:44 PM   
floydg

quote:

Floyd, looks like there's no shortage of physical memory on my machine. Will see what I can do get more memory allocated. Many thanks!

<edit> Cool! Increased heap size to 64MB - not only has this cured the air unit history display problem, it's also cured the problem with the air production total not showing. Just gets better and better! </edit>

Excellent. Any problem I can fix without changing any code is a great fix...

Post #: 776
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 5:50:47 PM   
Nomad

quote:

How do you do that?

Post #: 777
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 6:23:19 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

How do you do that?

You do it by adding a switch to the command line in the witptracker.bat file. e.g. -Xms64m will increase the min heap size from 32mb to 64mb. The switch -xmx(size) controls the maximum size of the heap which by default is 128mb. I'm unsure which was changed in this case as changing the lower value shouldn't make any difference and the max is already greater than 64mb?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 778
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/21/2008 6:24:42 PM   
Local Yokel

quote:

quote:

How do you do that?

I googled something like 'java virtual machine heap' and came up with a number of likely hits. The one I worked from was here on devX.com. The relevant tip says this:

"If your Java program requires a large amount of memory, it's possible that the virtual machine will begin to throw OutOfMemoryError instances when attempting to instantiate objects. In some cases, this may be the result of a programming error, but in others, it's simply a result of your program legitimately using more memory than is available. In this latter case, you can increase the "heap size" allocated by the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) by using command line options. When not specified, the heap size defaults to 1 MB, and can increase to as much as 16 MB if your program requires more memory. To set the initial amount of memory allocated for your program, use the -ms option with a 1.1 JVM, and the -Xms option with a 1.2 (also known as Java 2) JVM. To set the maximum amount of memory that can be allocated for your program, use the -mx or -Xmx for Java 1.1 or 1.2, respectively. For example:

java -ms32m -mx128m MyClassName (Java 1.1)
java -Xms32m -Xmx128m MyClassName (Java 1.2 / 2.0)

In each case, the options specify that 32 MB of memory should be allocated initially for the program to run in, and that up to 128 MB may be allocated if necessary.
You should note the presence of the "X" on the Java 1.2 / 2.0 options. It indicates that these are non-standard options that might not function the same way or could even be removed in future JVMs. In the meantime, you may find it necessary to take advantage of these options if your program requires a large amount of memory."

So I set a minimum 64MB heap size for the Tracker VM by changing the syntax of my WitPTracker.bat file so that it reads:

java -Xms64m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"

I've put the bit that sets a 64MB heap size in bold text. Not sure whether that may be over the top, but didn't cause a problem on my machine. I could also have set a maximum heap size using the '-Xmx' notation, but see no reason to do so unless/until its absence causes me a problem.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 779
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/22/2008 3:56:29 AM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

Okay, it must be that we're not reading the leader in for some reason. Can you send me a save file and the witptracker.properties file and I'll try to find these guys and why they're not being read in.

Floyd

Lt. Finley has been found. We weren't reading in enough leaders. I think I got 'em now...

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.4 Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI