Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/30/2009 3:54:06 PM   
Mike Solli

Question:  Is the info downloadable, preferably into an Excel spreadsheet?

Yeah, yeah, I know, this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I'm going to download it tonight.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 931
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/30/2009 4:49:59 PM   
Nomad

I'm not sure what to tell you. The unit does show up as indicated on the Left picture, which is how the unit is shown in the editor. But as shown earlier, tracker shows the unit with 75 mm Field guns as per the formation entry. I am not sure if you can 'fix' this problem without causing other problems. I think that the scenario writers were trying to get the 105mm Howitzers into the unit when it came out. The game handles it fine, but since there is never an actual upgrade from the formation entry, tracker can not track it.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 932
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/31/2009 2:38:46 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Question:  Is the info downloadable, preferably into an Excel spreadsheet?

Yeah, yeah, I know, this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I'm going to download it tonight.

That is something we're planning to add: export to files which can be loaded into Excel.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 933
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/31/2009 2:48:59 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I'm not sure what to tell you. The unit does show up as indicated on the Left picture, which is how the unit is shown in the editor. But as shown earlier, tracker shows the unit with 75 mm Field guns as per the formation entry. I am not sure if you can 'fix' this problem without causing other problems. I think that the scenario writers were trying to get the 105mm Howitzers into the unit when it came out. The game handles it fine, but since there is never an actual upgrade from the formation entry, tracker can not track it.

Okay, I think I may have an idea of what could be happening. If you send me the file, I may be able to tell what is happening.

I may be basing too much off of the TOE (using it as the gospel), when I could be checking the device upgrade as well (since #434 does upgrade to #443).

Floyd

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 934
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/31/2009 4:43:41 AM   
Nomad

So what file do you want?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 935
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/31/2009 12:25:19 PM   
floydg

quote:

So what file do you want?

I suppose we can start with any save file where the 32nd is active. And the witptracker.properties file.

Thanks!

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 936
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/31/2009 11:09:46 PM   
Mac Linehan

Hi, n01487477 -

I am not having any success implementing a " multi turn " read with WITP Tracker. Am currently at the start of turn 3, Japanese. H2H. When designating the save game directory " E:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\Save " ( for a multi turn load ) the error message " There are no unloaded turns in the selected directory " appears. I am taking care to initialize with turn 1 first, then to multi turn read using the " Turn " dropdown in the Tracker. I also experimented with a save directory ( in the WITP Tracker ) that contains the next sequential turn; no go. Am probably missing a basic step or protocal.

Thanks for your help -

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 937
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/31/2009 11:28:42 PM   
Mac Linehan

Hi, n01487477 -

This is a repost of a question that did not seem to take on the forum.

Currently on turn 3 H2H solitaire RHSEOS 7.957. I initialize WITP Tracker with turn 1; then attempt to implement a " multi turn " load from the dropdown at the top of the page. Upon designating the WITP savegame directory I receive a " there are no unloaded turns in the selected directory " error message. I then made a save game folder in the Tracker directory with only the next ( turn 2 ) save file within - no go. Obviously am missing a basic step.

Thanks for your help -

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 938
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/1/2009 3:03:57 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Hi, n01487477 -

I am not having any success implementing a " multi turn " read with WITP Tracker. Am currently at the start of turn 3, Japanese. H2H. When designating the save game directory " E:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\Save " ( for a multi turn load ) the error message " There are no unloaded turns in the selected directory " appears. I am taking care to initialize with turn 1 first, then to multi turn read using the " Turn " dropdown in the Tracker. I also experimented with a save directory ( in the WITP Tracker ) that contains the next sequential turn; no go. Am probably missing a basic step or protocal.

Thanks for your help -

Mac

Mac -

The multi-turn read works by looking for files for the Save File name (with some pattern rules) in the same directory. So for example, if I was using slot 20 for the saves, my normal save file is called witp020.pws. If I save multiple turns of the same game, I could name them something like witp020.pws.001 (for turn 1), witp020.pws.002 (for turn 2), etc. The multi-turn read function will then present a list of these files and allow you to select the ones you want to load.

Does that make sense?

Floyd

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 939
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/1/2009 2:14:48 PM   
Nomad

Another small error for you.

CA Portland upgraded this turn. There is a difference in the displays.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 940
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/1/2009 3:21:57 PM   
floydg

quote:

Another small error for you.

CA Portland upgraded this turn. There is a difference in the displays.

Quick test: if you exit WitPTracker and restart, are the values correct? If so, then my after-turn-loading-update is at fault...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 941
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/1/2009 4:20:24 PM   
Nomad

I am pretty sure the answer is yes, the display is correct. I have done another turn since then, CA Portland repaired a point of SS damage, and when I enter tracker, the display is proper. I will try to watch and see if I can find another next turn.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 942
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/1/2009 5:01:43 PM   
Nomad

As a note to all that have 2GB or more of RAM, I am using the -Xms256m -Xmx256m switches and it seems to load faster. It was taking a fairly long time now that the DB is around 256MB in size. Note that you can also use 512 instead of 256 if you think you need it. I couldn't see much difference in load times.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 943
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/1/2009 6:57:02 PM   
Mac Linehan

Floyd -

Renumbered my game saves as suggested ( the example you posted a few days ago had all this - I did not look closely enough ), turn 1 loads ok. When turn 2 is multiturn loaded the loading bar / process hangs up at the "compare pilots" step - just before it would finish loading. I let the computer run all night just to make sure that it had time to complete loading. I am a step closer with your help - thanks.

The tracker is awesome - I was concerned about tracking industry / resources / fuel / supply and making sense of it all - the tracker makes it very doable. Love the alerts; no longer have to go base by base to make sure all is ok - my sincere appreciation and respect for a job well done.

I'll keep on experimenting. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 944
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/2/2009 2:41:32 AM   
Nomad

floydg, yes, reloading tracker fixes the display.

Post #: 945
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/2/2009 2:55:25 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Floyd -

Renumbered my game saves as suggested ( the example you posted a few days ago had all this - I did not look closely enough ), turn 1 loads ok. When turn 2 is multiturn loaded the loading bar / process hangs up at the "compare pilots" step - just before it would finish loading. I let the computer run all night just to make sure that it had time to complete loading. I am a step closer with your help - thanks.

The tracker is awesome - I was concerned about tracking industry / resources / fuel / supply and making sense of it all - the tracker makes it very doable. Love the alerts; no longer have to go base by base to make sure all is ok - my sincere appreciation and respect for a job well done.

I'll keep on experimenting. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mac

Mac -

If you have no pilots with kills, this causes the problem. It will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, you can exit the program when it hangs. You can load later turns, but loading the same turn is allowed and will generate quite a few errors and will hang again.

Floyd

Post #: 946
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/2/2009 2:56:33 AM   
floydg

quote:

floydg, yes, reloading tracker fixes the display.

That should be easy to fix. Thanks for confirming.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 947
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/3/2009 2:08:26 AM   
Nomad

Another error for you to ponder:

Why does BB New Mexico show up as having a speed of 0? Note that CA Portland is also showing a speed of 0 in this shot. This is a different game than the last errors. Reloading tracker did not fix the problem.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 948
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/3/2009 2:12:34 AM   
n01487477

Nomad,
the speed issue is something we have tried to fix before but haven't been able to due to what we think are write issues back to the save file (or something similar). I did some testing on this and found many inconsistencies with the speed data...

I'm sorry but we can only do as the data allows from the savefile

Damian

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 949
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/3/2009 1:21:04 PM   
floydg

There's probably a different way to read the ship's current speed, but we just haven't found it...

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 950
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/7/2009 10:41:48 PM   
USSAmerica

I have a new request, gents.  On the Device Pool History panel, is it possible to make the columns sortable?  Primarily, I'm thinking of the Current Device Usage "Delta" column.  I'd love to see all the LCU's that received items from the pool last turn without scrolling through the entire list.  Also, as I'm starting to load more turns (you can see I've only used Tracker for the last 12 game turns) the most recent turn by default is at the bottom of the list.  Either making the columns in the top panel sortable as well, or at least defaulting to the most recent turn at the top would make things even easier for me to use than you already have. 

As always, my congratulations and thanks for making such a great, useful tool. 

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by USS America -- 2/7/2009 10:42:24 PM >

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 951
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/9/2009 12:15:16 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I have a new request, gents.  On the Device Pool History panel, is it possible to make the columns sortable?  Primarily, I'm thinking of the Current Device Usage "Delta" column.  I'd love to see all the LCU's that received items from the pool last turn without scrolling through the entire list.  Also, as I'm starting to load more turns (you can see I've only used Tracker for the last 12 game turns) the most recent turn by default is at the bottom of the list.  Either making the columns in the top panel sortable as well, or at least defaulting to the most recent turn at the top would make things even easier for me to use than you already have. 

Yeah, my oversight to leave the sorting out on the table. I just added it:

quote:

Thanks for the compliments. Keep the ideas coming...

Floyd

< Message edited by floydg -- 2/9/2009 1:24:57 PM >

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 952
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/9/2009 9:43:35 PM   
foliveti

Does this mean there will be a version of the tracker with sorting in the history available somewhere?

I just found this tool after being away from WitP for a while. I think it is great.

Frank

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 953
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/9/2009 10:16:42 PM   
Banquet

I would like to add my thanks for tracker as well.

The one thing I've wanted most in WitP is the ability to see a history of the various stats in the game. For example, having Prince of Wales hit by a torp as she tried to escape from Singapore, and being able to see the system and floatation damage, not just for the current turn, but it's history over a number of turns, so I can verify that the floatation damage is being brought under control easily without having to write these things down from turn to turn.. or see how often a new tank is being delivered to an armoured unit.. it's just great.

I'm trying to get into WitP because I'd love to play AE when it's released. Having found this software, it helps a great deal.. in fact, if it doesn't work in AE, I'm now unsure whether I wouldn't rather stick with WitP.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to program it :)

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 954
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/9/2009 10:43:26 PM   
ny59giants

Floyd/Damian,

I haven't had problems with Tracker before, but I'm playing RHS vs AI while I wait for AE to come out. I get this error below when I try to start up the Utility. Please help me!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 955
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/9/2009 10:59:20 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Floyd/Damian,

I haven't had problems with Tracker before, but I'm playing RHS vs AI while I wait for AE to come out. I get this error below when I try to start up the Utility. Please help me!!

I think this is because the ship's class is missing. At least that's what it looks like from the code. Can you check the scenario file?

Floyd

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 956
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/9/2009 11:00:16 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: foliveti

Does this mean there will be a version of the tracker with sorting in the history available somewhere?

I just found this tool after being away from WitP for a while. I think it is great.

Eventually. We'll be getting started on the next version soon and that will be in there.

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 957
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/9/2009 11:01:26 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Banquet

I would like to add my thanks for tracker as well.

The one thing I've wanted most in WitP is the ability to see a history of the various stats in the game. For example, having Prince of Wales hit by a torp as she tried to escape from Singapore, and being able to see the system and floatation damage, not just for the current turn, but it's history over a number of turns, so I can verify that the floatation damage is being brought under control easily without having to write these things down from turn to turn.. or see how often a new tank is being delivered to an armoured unit.. it's just great.

I'm trying to get into WitP because I'd love to play AE when it's released. Having found this software, it helps a great deal.. in fact, if it doesn't work in AE, I'm now unsure whether I wouldn't rather stick with WitP.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to program it :)

We are pursuing a path to support AE... It's certainly our goal, if allowed.

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 958
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/10/2009 12:34:32 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Yeah, my oversight to leave the sorting out on the table. I just added it:

quote:

Thanks for the compliments. Keep the ideas coming...

Floyd

Thanks, Floyd! Top half of this panel, too?

BTW, your name always catches my eye. My last name is Floyd, and one of my email addresses is floydm.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 959
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 2/10/2009 1:00:30 AM   
HercMighty

Any way to get embedded boxes to be resizable? Take this screen shot for example, I cannot see anything to the right. No bar at the bottom and cannot resize the embedded window either.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI