Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/15/2009 5:45:53 PM   
Nomad

Actually, it shows up in both of my games. Strangely enough, one is a stock game and it has the 34th Fighter squadron in it also and it has about 229 pilots. The one I showed above is from a CHS game.

I went and looked at the scenario file. I loaded up a new tracker db for turn 1 of CHS and it still showed
about 228 pilots. I looked at some of them in the scenario file, and found that most of them have a delay into 1943 or 1944. And BTW, many of them have very high experience levels. I guess they will start being replacement pilots later in the game.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 2/15/2009 6:01:11 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 991
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/15/2009 7:32:08 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Actually, it shows up in both of my games. Strangely enough, one is a stock game and it has the 34th Fighter squadron in it also and it has about 229 pilots. The one I showed above is from a CHS game.

I went and looked at the scenario file. I loaded up a new tracker db for turn 1 of CHS and it still showed
about 228 pilots. I looked at some of them in the scenario file, and found that most of them have a delay into 1943 or 1944. And BTW, many of them have very high experience levels. I guess they will start being replacement pilots later in the game.

Okay, I guess that this is not a "bug" then. Perhaps I shouldn't count the delayed pilots in the AG count. What do you think?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 992
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/15/2009 8:55:35 PM   
Nomad

That is a good question, I do know that I just added 6 new pilots to the 34th fighter squadron and they had experience of 83-85. So it would seem that those are replacements that can be drawn from.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 993
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/18/2009 5:03:46 PM   
USSAmerica

I've found an inconsistancy for the devices. Device history for the SCR-270 radar shows 1 was used from the pool last turn, but none of the LCU's listed show any change. I do have the save file available if one of you guys needs it to chase this one down.

Edit: I just noticed that the Used from pool bumped by one, but the Active total didn't change. Strange.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by USS America -- 2/18/2009 5:04:20 PM >

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 994
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/18/2009 7:19:19 PM   
witpqs

I'm just guessing here - could it be that one was destroyed and replaced, therefor no LCU would show a difference?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 995
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/18/2009 8:37:42 PM   
USSAmerica

It's possible, but the only LCU's I have in contact with the enemy are set to replacements off. 

Mike

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 996
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/18/2009 11:08:22 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I've found an inconsistancy for the devices. Device history for the SCR-270 radar shows 1 was used from the pool last turn, but none of the LCU's listed show any change. I do have the save file available if one of you guys needs it to chase this one down.

Edit: I just noticed that the Used from pool bumped by one, but the Active total didn't change. Strange.

The "Used From Pool" value comes directly from the save file. Can you check the save to see what it says?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 997
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/19/2009 4:02:51 AM   
USSAmerica

Hi Floyd, the save file shows 16 SCR-270 used from pool. 

Mike

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 998
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/19/2009 4:08:04 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Hi Floyd, the save file shows 16 SCR-270 used from pool. 

Mike -

I can't do better than what the save file shows... I don't think I can compute that information reliably, since I don't know what was lost each turn to know what was drawn from the pool.

Floyd

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 999
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 2/19/2009 2:36:05 PM   
USSAmerica

No big deal, Floyd.  It just happens that the SCR-270 radar sets are one of the items I'm tracking the most, and trying to direct where they go.  When one was produced and drawn from the pool, I wanted to find out where it went.  There must have been a unit somewhere that lost one and drew the replacement in the same turn, so the net Delta is zero. 

Mike

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1000
the pool - 2/19/2009 6:52:59 PM   
MAARTENR

When i upgrading some ships and not them all will the rest go to the pool?

< Message edited by MAARTENR -- 2/20/2009 10:04:20 AM >

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 1001
RE: the pool - 3/4/2009 4:14:41 AM   
Nomad

does anyone know if there is an option switch to increase the priority or cpu usage? I notice that my java is only using about 9-10% of my cpu when loading. I would like to increase this by a lot.

(in reply to MAARTENR)
Post #: 1002
RE: the pool - 3/4/2009 11:51:03 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

does anyone know if there is an option switch to increase the priority or cpu usage? I notice that my java is only using about 9-10% of my cpu when loading. I would like to increase this by a lot.

Never tried these, but a Google query lead me to:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS275US275&q=increase cpu priority

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1003
RE: the pool - 3/6/2009 1:39:38 AM   
n01487477

Hi all,

despite taking a well earned rest from coding - I've decided to upload a few pics of what some of what I'm working on (which are still works in progress & Floyd and I haven't agreed what to include and not ... )

Pic#1 - Including a repairing area, this should help with looking at monthly repairs and supply management.
Pic#2 - Added Day +/- for ppls convenience - therefore can organise your convoys better
Pic#3 - Added CV capable based on DB slots & am thinking of adding another tab with a future per monthly production cycle. Was looking at Micheal's idea to include Nationality type, but this might mean another cluster for each - so probably won't do yet, but IF we get the go ahead with AE - then I'll look to do this here as there seem to be 100's of plane types to manage.
Pic#4 - added destroyed to the LCU production area, but this is up for debate with Floyd and also we have to work out what is happening with LCU device upgrades and a better TOE solution.

Not included but being worked on some different reports (something I will show Floyd hopefully this weekend ... but I keep promising and never having the time to finish it!)

Overhaul of some of the Industry algorithms to see if we can stem the memory use.

Cheers
Damian

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1004
RE: WitPTracker 1.0.2 - 3/7/2009 12:07:52 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

E.g. I'm sure it'd be VERY useful for Japanese players to be able to print out their airplane production figures ( airframes building and repairing and R&Ding ) and also their engine production figures ( what engines are building, where they are building and how much is being built etc) so that guys like me who like to work with pen and paper can print these things out and doodle on them as we think.

One thing I think would also be HUGELY useful would be to have an "Air War Production Screen" to properly plan airframe and engine production

Basically it would comprise the following:

1. A list of airframe factories ( both in production and repairing ) & airframe R&D factories ( both repaired and repairing )

2. A list of engine factories ( both in production and repairing )

This would then give us the totals for CURRENT aircraft production ( airframe factories producing ) and also POTENTIAL aircraft production ( aiframe factories producing + repairing ). By linking these two figures you could easily add up the number of engines of a particular type currently needed AND POTENTIALLY needed.

If you could also include the ability to read the auto-upgrade button you could create the following:

A table ( printable ) which showed the monthly engine requirements under the following two conditions:
a) no further repairs
b) assuming repairs are carried out at the rate of 1 engine or plane point repaired per factory per day from today.
c) and would account for the auto-upgrades

This table could really help players accurately predict mismatches in their engine and airframe production in time for them to take steps to remedy these shorfalls.

What I'm thinking is something along the lines of a table with 14 columns - 1 = Year, 2 = Month, 3 = Total Airframe production, 4-14 = Engine types.

Clicking on column 3 would bring up a list of what you'll be producing there under 2 conditions ( no repairs/ full repairs ) and taking into account auto-upgrades. Columns 4 to 14 would show the engine requirements each month based on whichever of the two conditions ( no repairs/full repairs ) was globally in action. Obviously it would be lovely if, in parentheses, could be added what the current potential production is.

Currently I have been doing this setup in order to test out the economic strain on Japan in 43-45 in EA and I've become convinced that it would be a hugely useful productio planning tool
By taking into account the auto-upgrades

Ok for comment and design help from anyone willing to tell me a better way... I've basically used Nemo's idea but mapped it differently ...

I'm Mapping this in XL until I can work out what needs to be done or any additions that I want to make.
  • Actual/Projection takes into account repairs that can take place IF supplies are available at the base ... this will be your responsibility.
  • Engines in Pool - projected
  • Airframes - takes into account auto-upgrades and repairs (in this example there are not repairs happening)
  • Engine Use - taking into account repairs to frames and upgrades.

Need some input here ... or if you think it is not needed then ...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/7/2009 12:09:06 AM >

(in reply to Nemo121)
  • Post #: 1005
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0.2 - 3/9/2009 10:29:18 AM   
    Bliztk

When sorting units (or devices or airplanes) for avaliability date it doesn´t work properly.

Suggestion. Add a column with "Suffix" in the LCU screen, so I can sort and look how many Divisions, Brigades, Rgt and Bn units I have. Now it only displays "Infantry"

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1006
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0.2 - 3/9/2009 10:35:29 AM   
    n01487477

I've fixed airplanes & the air production area for available dates, I'm sure we can do devices as well pretty quickly... for next release

The suffix idea is good but unless all mods have the same format of TXT then this is possibly going to fail. [edit]I'd also like to locate my Para's, but I think this would take iterating the whole list to find the appropriate device...

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Damian

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/9/2009 10:44:56 AM >

(in reply to Bliztk)
    Post #: 1007
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0.2 - 3/9/2009 11:34:14 AM   
    ny59giants

Damian/Floyd,

Is there a place to see the garrison requirements in China?? It would be nice to pull up a tab of Japanese held bases in China with the garrison requirements and what AV is actually there.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1008
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0.2 - 3/9/2009 11:48:40 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

Is there a place to see the garrison requirements in China?? It would be nice to pull up a tab of Japanese held bases in China with the garrison requirements and what AV is actually there.

There isn't yet, but I have it on my to do list... just got to work out the factory/city per AV value and then I thought maybe an Alert and I'll have to talk to Floyd about including it on the Base screen as I think it should be there rather than in the LCU area ...

(in reply to ny59giants)
    Post #: 1009
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0.2 - 3/9/2009 2:01:29 PM   
    Ambassador

Hi,

could it be possible to add a filter in the alert panel, which would select a given type of alert ?  I've just noticed the Change of ownership and lack of oil/ressource have the same degree of urgency, so I can't find a way to just keep track of the changes of ownership (early on, it's a mess : half of India and all of Oz lack oil).

Other point : I'm starting to get heap size problems, once I've openned a few History pop-up windows in the LCU panel.  Half a dozen work without problem, openning and closing them one after the other, but when I'm nearing the tenth or fifteenth, the pop-up window can't open properly - and it's not a question of clicking the mouse button too fast, because it happens even when I wait over one minute between two windows ('got time to check yesterday).  I wonder if Tracker simply doesn't keep all the information it compiles, even after the window has been closed.  Not a big deal, but it could become bothersome if it happens earlier than on the tenth or fifteenth check.

Another recent problem, in the Upgrade ship panel.  In my new game (CHS), selecting Next month and Next two months upgrades doesn't always work : it's usually one or the other.  And I'm nearly sure it's not always the same.  Did you change anything in that panel in the last upgrade ?
    EDIT: update ! I just passed into January 1942, and the problem disappeared. It now works as usual. Sorry for the bother, the problem is short-lived (24 days...).

Finally, I really love the column for the comments, in the sunk ship section of the Victory panel.  I love it so much that I'm dreaming of having several such columns in that table, to keep track of various things (battle, killer, any other comment) and being able of ordering it.
    The next batch of new features looks great.  Thanks for all the work,

< Message edited by Ambassador -- 3/9/2009 4:50:35 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1010
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/13/2009 12:11:38 PM   
    Chris21wen

In the Base screen some of the number columns are sorting by ascii code when it should be numerically.

(in reply to Nomad)
    Post #: 1011
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/13/2009 12:14:53 PM   
    n01487477

Seen and sorted ...well it needs to be done by Floyd, but it's on the list of things...

Talk about complicated - I hope to post my Air Production screen later this weekend (although I'm moving so I don't know how much time I'll have except tonight)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/13/2009 12:24:34 PM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
    Post #: 1012
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/14/2009 5:10:19 PM   
    Bliztk

Another suggestion:

A switch, so you can see the delays in xx/xx/194x and the other, the actual system "x days until arrival"

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1013
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/15/2009 8:00:03 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

In the Base screen some of the number columns are sorting by ascii code when it should be numerically.

Fixed. It all sorts perfectly now.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
    Post #: 1014
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/18/2009 4:51:28 AM   
    kfmiller41

I am sure this has been asked but I am rushed for time so here oges, Can you print the information from tracker? If i could print it out it would help a whole lot

You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 1015
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/18/2009 9:19:41 AM   
    Ambassador

Not yet, but they promised to work on it in the future.

(in reply to kfmiller41)
    Post #: 1016
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/18/2009 11:39:43 AM   
    Dili

Just to say amazing how this tool evolved. Very well done.

quote:

Can you print the information from tracker? If i could print it out it would help a whole lot

I know it is not the same but you can take a desktop screenshot and print it.

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 1017
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/18/2009 2:40:03 PM   
    n01487477

An update to the engine and air production planner I mentioned in an earlier post ...

It is rough, but will give you a better idea of things...

Damian

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dili)
    Post #: 1018
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/18/2009 3:31:19 PM   
    Nemo121

It would be interesting to see that for a more economically minded mod... E.g EA.

Obviously I amn't scouting for details of your industry ( I figure you are making about 150 Tojo IIs and have at least 100 oscar IIs and Tojo IIIs researching ( maybe 200 Tojo IIIs ) in the search for 100+ Oscar IIs and 300 Tojo IIIs from January 1st 1943. ) but would be interested to see how it handles something a little more complex.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1019
    RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 3/18/2009 3:47:27 PM   
    n01487477

No probs Nemo ... you are pretty much spot on anyway. I haven't given commentary but you know what is happening... Setting is Oct'42 EA.

I'll fix the months and add the repairs etc sometime soon. I'm still debugging but I think the figures are solid.

Cheers
    Damian

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Nemo121)
    Post #: 1020
    Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI