Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Counterbattery fire ?? How..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Counterbattery fire ?? How.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Counterbattery fire ?? How.. - 9/29/2000 11:53:00 PM   
fdlu

How does CB fire work. I haven´t seen it. (I have not played that much and small battles besides.) Just a general question. Any explanations ?? When does it "kick in" ?? Thanks for the help.

Post #: 1
- 9/30/2000 12:01:00 AM   
Fredde

I think, whenever you fire your off-map artillery, the enemy off-map artillery gets a random chance to shoot back at at you. If they hit, your artillery can take damage ;-)

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to fdlu)
Post #: 2
- 9/30/2000 1:11:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

CB routines have been fixed in 4.1 - it should much rarer an occurance now.

(in reply to fdlu)
Post #: 3
- 9/30/2000 1:44:00 AM   
Kharan

Hopefully also in v4.1 CB won't wipe all the ammo out like it does now.

(in reply to fdlu)
Post #: 4
- 9/30/2000 9:49:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: CB routines have been fixed in 4.1 - it should much rarer an occurance now.
Rarer? Do you say rarer ? I never saw any CB in v2.3, and even in the 2 or 3 battle3 with v4.0 .. no CB ?! Ok, maybe in there wasn't any enemy OBA in these last battles . not shure about at the moment.. but with v2.3 I had multiple battles which plentiful enemy OBA .. ?! I'll wait and see what v4.1 brings us Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to fdlu)
Post #: 5
- 9/30/2000 6:11:00 PM   
cjpaul

I played a campaign in v2.3 as the Germans solely versus the Russians and I had a battalion of 150mm. By '44 they had become elite, i.e experience over 100. They would repeatedly CBF and they destroyed, in some battles, upto 12 Russian batteries. Since v4.1 has changed CBF, it will be interesting to so how frequent CBF is. I have seen it in v4.0 but it has not been so frequent as in earlier versions. If I understand it right, CBF will happen if a battery is not shelling positions and if the crew passes an experience check. [This message has been edited by cjpaul (edited September 30, 2000).]

(in reply to fdlu)
Post #: 6
- 9/30/2000 8:31:00 PM   
Voriax

Well...I think I've yet to play a scenario where there wasn't CB fire from either side (4.0) Although it happens less often from my side as I tend to use whatever arty I have insted of letting it sit still waiting for a chance to do CB fire. One thing to remember is that if you buy light arty it's normally shorter ranged than heavy guns..and I think computer likes to buy heavier stuff. Thus in a case where you have 105mm arty and computer has 155mm guns, AI can CB you but you cannot CB the AI because your guns don't have enough range. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to fdlu)
Post #: 7
- 10/1/2000 7:02:00 AM   
Blackbird

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: One thing to remember is that if you buy light arty it's normally shorter ranged than heavy guns..and I think computer likes to buy heavier stuff. Thus in a case where you have 105mm arty and computer has 155mm guns, AI can CB you but you cannot CB the AI because your guns don't have enough range.
And that's the problem with Russian 203mm. Is there anybody playing for them and buying some smaller OBA? It will destroy most enemy OBA, and it's cheap for what it gives.

(in reply to fdlu)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Counterbattery fire ?? How.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI