Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Opening Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Opening Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opening Scenario - 3/26/2002 11:03:34 AM   
derschloss

How can I start the game without going through that opening scenario each time? Sometimes it locks up my PC. I get that 'Failed to start ActiveX' message and then a black screen with sound.
How do I get Colony Pods? I try to colonize but the game won't let me.
How do I control where I want the ship to go? The selection is limited by the game.
Should there have been a booklet with the CD that describes the game?
Post #: 1
- 3/26/2002 3:47:10 PM   
madmax88

Hi there,
As far as i know, you can't skip Matrix and Apezone's logos. But you can skip the intro simply by pressing space. For the activeX thing, Andrew might be better suited to answer you. ;)

You get colony pods by researching them in the research screen. then the colonize option will appear when selecting a colonizable planet. (type 1 planets require less pods - type 6 require more)

You can send a ship to any star system you like, select the system from the map then that system will appear in the navigation menu.

No "tangible" booklet with the game. There are two versions of it with the game though. Html and pdf.

Enjoy.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to derschloss)
Post #: 2
- 3/27/2002 9:21:19 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

Hint: If the .avi files in the Movie subfolder were to, uhm, dissapear, then the intro movies might also. ;)

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to derschloss)
Post #: 3
- 3/29/2002 5:46:05 PM   
Raife

Now that is interesting. Purely from a hypothetical point of view, of course.

(in reply to derschloss)
Post #: 4
- 4/5/2002 2:43:31 AM   
lnielsen

I just renamed the movie files (added a "1" to the name) that way you can still play them if you want.

(in reply to derschloss)
Post #: 5
- 5/4/2002 7:27:52 AM   
Nox Celeste

"How do I control where I want the ship to go? The selection is limited by the game."

I'm assuming that you mean interstellar travel, and not travel in specific systems. It took me a few times to really nail how to send ships where I wanted them to go, too.

Open up the galaxy map. Single-click whichever star system you want to explore. While you're still in the galaxy map, open up the "focus" drop-down menu, and single-click the ship that you want to explore the star system you just selected. Once you've selected the ship, open up the "navigation" drop-down menu. In that menu, a whole list of things for your starship to do should appear for the star system you selected. To select a different star system to explore, simply repeat the process.

Hopes this helps!

I can beat anyone in checkers... by playing chess.

(in reply to derschloss)
Post #: 6
- 5/9/2002 7:22:46 PM   
Henri

[QUOTE]Originally posted by madmax88
[B]

No "tangible" booklet with the game. There are two versions of it with the game though. Html and pdf.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have a beef with that. Received the game yesterday and decided I would rather read the manual from a printed version.

Whydahell do they have to make a manual with the first page all black and then a one-inch black border around every one of the 175 pages? I used about $50 worth of ink to print the darn manual!

Puhleeze, when there is no printed manual, make a version available that has only the text and figures, fer cryin' out loud!...

Henri

(in reply to derschloss)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Opening Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI