Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How does it compare?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> How does it compare? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How does it compare? - 5/30/2008 12:47:36 AM   
Miamieagle

What do you guys think of Sudden strike 3 and how does it compare to this series?

I just saw it in Best buy and I though it has a very interesting concept. I did not Buy it but as long as this patch is taking to realize Iäm getting very tempted!

It does include the whole of WW2 and not just the ETO Theater and that is what got my attention.

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 5/30/2008 12:55:53 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How does it compare? - 5/30/2008 2:18:06 AM   
kg_1007

quote:

Sudden strike 3

Sudden strike is more of an arcade experience, which for some,may be better. But it is really comparing apples to oranges..in this series, the idea is realistic operational level tactics, at least from how I play, vs an arcade style super graphics,less realistic style. I don't intend this as an insult. Some arcade style games can be a lot of fun.
Just my opinion,
k

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 2
RE: How does it compare? - 5/30/2008 9:47:53 AM   
Arctic Blast

I haven't been all that thrilled with SS3. The game looks good, and it COULD be a fun, arcade-style RTS, except for a couple problems. Possibly the worst pathfinding I have ever encountered in a game...for drivers/soldiers to choose the routes they do, they would have to have suffered head injuries. "Oh, well, that section of road is blanketed with machine gun/mortar fire, but it's the road, so I better go there, anyway".

Now, that's just annoying...the killer for me is the insane level of micromanagement required. After you send supply/repair/medic vehicles in to the area you want them in, you then have to manually get them to repair/supply/patch up every individual unit that needs it. The AI is too stupid to do it on its' own, even though that was in Blitzkrieg, and that came out...what...5 years ago? Couple that level of required micromanaging with massive scenarios with massive numbers of units, and it soon ceases to be fun.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> How does it compare? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI