Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Very OT : Euro 2008

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 2:14:33 PM   
Przemcio231

Well he wanted to play for Polish National Team some time ago but the idiots from PZPN decided that he was to weak... well he speaks good polish from what i herad from the interview he gave to polish television so i bet he freqently visits his family. Have you heard that some idiots from Poland and Germany tryed to set up regular battle near a border pass???

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)

(in reply to Zond)
Post #: 121
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 2:45:24 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Przemcio231

Well he wanted to play for Polish National Team some time ago but the idiots from PZPN decided that he was to weak... well he speaks good polish from what i herad from the interview he gave to polish television so i bet he freqently visits his family. Have you heard that some idiots from Poland and Germany tryed to set up regular battle near a border pass???

yes

Shall they do so! If there are some idiots who agree with each other to beat the others - why shouldn't they, especially as this wasn't in a statium and not in a city where "neutral" goods were damanged?

I don't know how much polish he feels, but if you are right, this might be the reason why he NEVER sings the German national anthem! IMO, one shouldn't let a player be in the national team that doesn't sing the anthem...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Przemcio231)
Post #: 122
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 3:29:52 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Holland vs Italy this evening. First serious match of the Euro Cup (no offense intended to the small squads)

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 123
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 3:33:30 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Holland vs Italy this evening. First serious match of the Euro Cup (no offense intended to the small squads)

It should be a good match. My heart says Holland, but my head says Italy.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 124
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 3:42:07 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Dixie, exactly my opinion. Holland has always been very generous: spectacular and offensive football. But er, kamikaze football: playing -- historically -- with only 3 defenders (3-4-3) is just er, kamikaze

But don't forget Italy usually starts very bad. And then they manage to get to the final and win (or lose) it.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 125
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 3:45:23 PM   
Przemcio231

Well maybe this is the case with Podolski. As for those idiots beating each other remeber what would happen if some one would die as a result or that if they would be injured they would be treated from public funds

Post #: 126
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 3:58:57 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Przemcio231, nah, not a lot of hooligans left these days. Pity we are not on the 70s or 80s (the Golden Age of Hooliganism). Both Austria and Switzerland would be a replica of Hiroshima & Nagasaki circa 1945....

Post #: 127
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 4:14:33 PM   
Przemcio231

??????? i was born in 1982 so i do not remeber any of those... what was going on then???

Post #: 128
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 4:28:32 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Well... on 1985, Heysel tragedy (final of the old European Champions League Juventus vs Liverpool)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

And in general a lot of violence every weekend, every match. Football (in fact, it has nothing to do with the sport itself) those days was apocalyptic

The current hooligans are nuns compared with those guys from the 70s and 80s

EDITED: in fact, that infamous tragedy was the turning point (enough is enough). It became the beginning of the end of "hooliganism". English teams could not play European competitions for the next 2 (or 5) years, I don't remember.

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 6/9/2008 4:36:01 PM >

Post #: 129
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 4:31:47 PM   
Zond

quote:

ORIGINAL: Przemcio231

??????? i was born in 1982 so i do not remeber any of those... what was going on then???

Massive pitch invasions, terrace brawls, attempts to conquer opponents Kop (among the other things)

Post #: 130
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 4:51:50 PM   
Zond

quote:

Well... on 1985, Heysel tragedy (final of the old European Champions League Juventus vs Liverpool)...

And in general a lot of violence every weekend, every match. Football (in fact, it has nothing to do with the sport itself) those days was apocalyptic

EDITED: in fact, that infamous tragedy was the turning point (enough is enough). It became the beginning of the end of "hooliganism". English teams could not play European competitions for the next 2 (or 5) years, I don't remember.

It was a 5 year ban for all english clubs.

Well Heysel was more like a combination of few factors which produced the final outcome.

Lousy organisation by police - Liverpool fans which where more numerous than the Italians were situated by the Italian sector with only a shabby fence to separate them.
Crappy stadium - collapse of the wall.
Incidents in the city before the kickoff which where started by Juventus fans and then the tide turned against them.

All these things resulted with tragedy. Liverpool (and other english club) where charged with 5 year ban. Not to mention that the laws against public disorder on stadiums became more stricker. So it was in a way the beggining of a "hooligan crackdown".

< Message edited by Zond -- 6/9/2008 5:04:34 PM >

Post #: 131
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:04:47 PM   
Przemcio231

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Hooliganism_in_Poland Look on this

(in reply to Zond)
Post #: 132
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:05:26 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Yes, Zond, there were obviously morons on both sides.

Weird enough, both teams (Juventus & Liverpool) have always been my favourite teams in Calcio and Premier League (the ones I support that is: death to Milan A.C & Mancs & Co.)

(in reply to Zond)
Post #: 133
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:06:34 PM   
Tofke

quote:

i live in Belgium and I was in heysel in 85 (29 may) i was 13 years old with my father for his birthday, i ll never forget this day, before the match there was much (all ?)liverpool "reds" which had drunk all the day.
40 deads (34 italians), but it's not the first or last dramatic event in football
look at this link http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catastrophes_survenues_pendant_un_match_de_football

Tofke

Post #: 134
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:12:12 PM   
Zond

There was also a Hillsborough stadium tragedy (in Sheffield) back in 1989 during the FA Cup semifinal between Nottingham Forrest and Liverpool when 89 people were crushed due to stadium being overcrowded - again a flaw in organisation. After this it was issued that all stadiums in England are "encouraged" to remove the fences and convert to all-seated.

So not all stadium disasters are connected with hooliganism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster

< Message edited by Zond -- 6/9/2008 5:15:12 PM >

(in reply to Tofke)
Post #: 135
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:17:36 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Tofke, but in Europe it is one of the last (luckily). Many of the others have nothing to do with "hooliganism": shabby stadiums collapse and therefore people die like flies.

Przemcio231, from your link: "In July 2007, UEFA banned Legia Warsaw from European competition for one season and also for one more season should they qualify for any European competition in the following five years". Well done

(in reply to Tofke)
Post #: 136
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:22:31 PM   
TulliusDetritus

You may not remember it but I do. Before Heysel and Sheffield disasters (especially Sheffield) there were fences. In theory to avoid the "traditional" and savage pitch invasion: "let's assassinate the referee terrorist boys!". But those fences were death traps. I will never forget the faces of the trapped people there

Post #: 137
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:26:07 PM   
Zond

quote:

Tofke, but in Europe it is one of the last (luckily). Many of the others have nothing to do with "hooliganism": shabby stadiums collapse and therefore people die like flies.

Przemcio231, from your link: "In July 2007, UEFA banned Legia Warsaw from European competition for one season and also for one more season should they qualify for any European competition in the following five years". Well done

Yeah, hooliganism in Poland is going very strong. They have a special style with large brawls (50 on 50, 100 on 100 and also larger) which are organised in forrests and remote areas so that police cannot track them. In a way this is almost unique to the hooligan scene of ex Eastern block (Poland, Ukraine, Russia - although the russians are doing it in towns, not remote areas ).

Bout' the Legia, yeah, it was against club from Lithuania last summer in Intertoto cup. Here's the video http://youtube.com/watch?v=82rOVjaYXwg&feature=related

< Message edited by Zond -- 6/9/2008 5:32:06 PM >

Post #: 138
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:31:59 PM   
Zond

quote:

You may not remember it but I do. Before Heysel and Sheffield disasters (especially Sheffield) there were fences. In theory to avoid the "traditional" and savage pitch invasion: "let's assassinate the referee terrorist boys!". But those fences were death traps. I will never forget the faces of the trapped people there

I remember the fences. Some where (on some stadiums) very high, virtuall they formed a cage. Definately a death trap!

Most stadiums in Croatia still have it.

About the pitch invasions, last night i watched highlights from 1984 match Manchester United vs Barcelona in Champions Cup. After the match, pitch invasion with Manchester United players being carried by the fans over the pitch. Since Mufc won 3:0 it was a reasonable thing to do. Imagine all those things today. Gone with the wind.

Post #: 139
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:32:42 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Holy sh**, if they fight for an irrelevant Intertoto, what wouldn't they "do" (a.k.a. massacre / kill / slaughter / assassinate / slain) if they were playing the Champions League Final?

(in reply to Zond)
Post #: 140
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 5:58:34 PM   
Przemcio231

Well i think we will not find out veary soon as polish clubs suck... any way most of those fans were drunk... my friend went there and save 500Euros becouse of this fight he bet that Legia will win but since the match was canceled he got his money back. The fight in Wilno had another background my friend told me that the Luithanians offended Poland and thats why the riot started. Any way most of those taking part in those fights do not care about the match who will win or who loses the club colors are just a cover for that they just want to have a fight. Those fight are called Ustawka and are fought either barehanded or equipped (clubs, axes, kniefs and such) some of them took place in city's and changed into running battles with oposit fans and the police. I remeber hearing that some time ago in Cracow a fan of Cracovia was checking something under Wisla stadium and got recodnized and beeten severly, few days after that a team of Cracovia fans infiltrated a area where Wisla fans lived and broke into the house of one of the attackers then beaten them severly and chopped his hand of with an axe.... im not into football that much but i also remember that Polonia stadium was set on fire by Legia fans...

Post #: 141
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 6:53:39 PM   
bradfordkay

"IMO, one shouldn't let a player be in the national team that doesn't sing the anthem... "

I'd say that there's probably a lot of players who we wish would never sing at all...

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 142
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 6:55:38 PM   
Nixuebrig

Just one question reading about the polish hooligan scene: What measures will be taken for the next Euro. Guess it won`t give a positive feedback if fans from around Europe will be beaten up. Or is the scene stricly restricted on those who want to fight each other?

Post #: 143
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 8:46:32 PM   
cantona2

Very disappointing French performance

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Nixuebrig)
Post #: 144
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 9:18:39 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

I remember some history about quals to World Cup or Euro some time ago. We were playing in Stockholm against Sweden. And some supporters of Lechia Gdańsk and Pogoń Szczecin made a ustawka against each other. Swedish police was there - they were prepared for Polish aggressive supporters, but they had no plan what to do in case Poles start fighting against each other, so not intervened.

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 145
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 10:18:50 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Hahahahaha!

Minute 31 and Holland 2 - 0 Italy

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 146
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 10:20:23 PM   
Zond

Really great match, and hopefully the Holland will win 

Post #: 147
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 10:21:00 PM   
Terminus

quote:

Hahahahaha!

Minute 31 and Holland 2 - 0 Italy

The Italians seem to be drunk...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 148
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 10:31:02 PM   
cantona2

What a great second goal by Holland. The first one, Ruud was a mile offside!!!!!!!!

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 149
RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 - 6/9/2008 10:47:55 PM   
vonCommander

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zond

Massive pitch invasions, terrace brawls, attempts to conquer opponents Kop (among the other things)

Sounds like Blood Bowl

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/183756

(in reply to Zond)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Very OT : Euro 2008 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI