Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch update (June 23, 08)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/12/2008 4:39:26 PM   
mbsports

Another post that offers nothing to the overall community.  My only question to you would be - what exactly are you doing with the simulation that you expect this patch to solve for you? 

Again do something - there are plenty of participating members of this forum working on projects and really at this point you're irrelevent to the argument.  I have to admit I have no idea what you're waiting for but there's a good chance someone in the community has something that does what you're looking for.  This "demand" answers point of view quite simply has little impact when it comes from someone who contributes close to nothing positive to the community.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 61
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/12/2008 5:15:24 PM   
Mykal

I'll 2nd that,

I find it totally bewildering as to why your even here elmerlee
you contribute nothing and seem to hate this game and the community alike

So why do you keep coming back ? very puzzling.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 62
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/12/2008 7:13:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

We're away at GenCon until the 19th, so the earliest the update would be available is after we return. Realistically, I'd say by the end of August.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 63
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/12/2008 8:09:43 PM   
elmerlee

On July 29 Eric posted this:
"We've got the final update from David, should be another week or two of testing before release."

Never the less thanks for letting us know Eric. My guess would be the fault is with
David Winter. Who by the way has STILL not been heard from. Does anyone EVER hear from
home anymore. If you do please speak-up.

And please you fan boys save your breath. This game is as good as its ever going to be
so why is Winter not big enough to admit it and we can go on our way. Maybe because
the hope is to sell another couple games.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 64
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/12/2008 8:55:02 PM   
Mykal

Fan Boys ???

That aint got nothing to do with it
It's all about good manners man, being rude is getting you exactly where ?

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 65
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/12/2008 11:23:00 PM   
Lucas718

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmerlee

On July 29 Eric posted this:
"We've got the final update from David, should be another week or two of testing before release."

Never the less thanks for letting us know Eric. My guess would be the fault is with
David Winter. Who by the way has STILL not been heard from. Does anyone EVER hear from
home anymore. If you do please speak-up.

And please you fan boys save your breath. This game is as good as its ever going to be
so why is Winter not big enough to admit it and we can go on our way. Maybe because
the hope is to sell another couple games.

My guess is you don't know what you're talking about. If you want to go on your way then feel free. No one here is going to miss you.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 66
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/13/2008 12:43:40 PM   
hack153

Elmerlee,

I've been quiet long enough.  Just please go your seperate way, like you've said, from this forum & game and find a new home.  In '06 we had this guy on here, like you, that constantly complained about the game and made negative comments.  It added no productivity to the game or the players, thus there was no need for it.  We were all very happy when he left, and I've had a bad day and could use a little happiness.  (Just kidding!)   

There are plenty of options out there:
http://www.easports.com/madden09/
www.dksports.com
http://www.mofunzone.com/download_games/total_pro_football_2004.shtml
http://blitzleague.com/
http://www.nintendo8.com/game/321/tecmo_super_bowl/
http://www.backbreakergame.com/
http://www.backyardsports.com/backyardgames/football.php

Just a few options to get you started, because I also look for the newest games to play too!

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 67
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/13/2008 3:25:54 PM   
MjH

You know what guys, elmerlee isn't listening to you, I don't know why you bother. Do what I did a long time ago. Find the little green button beside the "buddy" button at the bottom of one of his posts. Click on it. It will turn red, and his messages will be blocked so you don't have to read his whining.

Just my opinion...

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 68
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/13/2008 4:41:23 PM   
mbsports

MjH that is the best idea I've heard all day and I don't doubt that others have done so and that's partially why his nonsense doesn't get answered.  I've done that and I appreciate your advice there, wasn't sure how to add an ignore!

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 69
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/13/2008 7:42:22 PM   
Mykal

kewl, Ive done the same

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 70
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/13/2008 7:59:24 PM   
hack153

i forgot all about that!  thanks!

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 71
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/15/2008 1:09:23 AM   
DAWUSS

What's on deck for the next patch?

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 72
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/15/2008 1:18:38 AM   
therhino

If you mean the next 2.2 upddate then maybe a few minor updates, but mainly bug glitch fixes. I can't really go in to detail becuase of my NDA. If you mean 2.5 then you should look at the link below. This is what David said will be in 2.5.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1817227

< Message edited by therhino -- 8/15/2008 1:41:25 AM >

(in reply to DAWUSS)
Post #: 73
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/15/2008 1:26:13 AM   
DAWUSS

Ah OK, thanks for the link

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 74
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/21/2008 11:58:57 PM   
mpeller6

Any word on a new patch? I find the double count of touchdown passes and yardage particularly annoying. Thanks Mark. Go Riders!

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 75
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 12:15:27 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: mpeller6

Any word on a new patch? I find the double count of touchdown passes and yardage particularly annoying. Thanks Mark. Go Riders!

I had heard about this and noticed it in my game last night. The rushing yardage was being counted twice. One RB had 265 yards on 9 rushes in the first quarter or so. But, I know he did not rush for that much yardage. I know you mentioned the touchdown passes, but is this also happening with passing yardage? If so, has anyone noticed if it's also skewing the player stats?

(in reply to mpeller6)
Post #: 76
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 12:34:54 AM   
garysorrell

This has been fixed. The build the testers have is free of that issue.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 77
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 1:43:11 AM   
mpeller6

Thats great news Gary. Any idea when it will be released as a patch. I have one season ready and another almost ready to go but want the stat issue fixed up before I start.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 78
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 1:49:36 AM   
BigSmooth

Yeah, it screws up the stats. It's the reason my GFF is on hiatus and driven me to do the NFLE uniforms which led me to creating a new WLAF solo league with 8 teams North American and 8 teams European.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 79
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 2:14:30 AM   
garysorrell

Release dates are a mystery to beta guys also. That info comes from Erik.

(in reply to BigSmooth)
Post #: 80
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 2:33:18 AM   
DONMVP

Glad to here it got fixed , been seeing it a lot on long touchdowns passing mostly .But saw for first time a runner break off 52 yd run for td and after play was over saw it doubled . jUST THE YARDAGE. My cfl league half way through , almost all 20 starting QB our over 3,800 yards so far . So definately in season 2 or later players have hard time breaking there teams passing records . But hey its all fun anyway . Can`t wait for season be over to add some expansion teams.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 81
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 10:36:34 AM   
Tullius

quote:

But saw for first time a runner break off 52 yd run for td and after play was over saw it doubled .

This bug should be gone, too. I have saved a 1-10 on 1 yard line scenario and tested it several times.

Before a running TD : Player 10 - 24
After a running TD: Player 11 - 25

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 82
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 2:26:06 PM   
Scott_WAR

It only shows up occasionally, probably under a certain situation, so your save may not have the prequisites met for the bug to appear. You need to test it in different games,..in different situations. Testing the same save over and over only shows that that situation doesnt cause it.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 83
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/22/2008 3:43:57 PM   
elmerlee

???????????????????????
?????????????????????????
????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????

And we still do not hear from David Winter ?????????????????
How about a little info Eric????????????????????????????

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 84
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/23/2008 4:35:42 AM   
long_time_fan

I have to say the Elmerlee does have a point. We haven't heard from Dave since June 25 (not that he has to check in or anything). It would be nice to hear something from him. Having said that, though, anything more that he give us is gravy. I love the game, and I can more than tolerate those niggling little issues just to play. Can't wait to see what's next!
LTF

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 85
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/23/2008 5:05:36 AM   
mbsports

I think it's time for the moderators to step in and remove Mr. Lee from the board actually.  While we would all like answers the vast majority handle it with a maturity at least befitting a 4 year old.  Elmer - not so much.  I actually have him blocked, which is fantastic b/c I don't have to look at his stupid ramblings of full lines of question marks or sentences with no start or ending, just a random smattering of words.

It really shows a lack of thought process and ability to convey one's message.

I believe there was a small update in the last few days that final testing was ongoing, not sure where I hear that but it was around these parts so there is some work going on but the message board can be a hectic place if you get sucked into idiotic conversations instead of working on your life.

< Message edited by mbsports -- 8/23/2008 5:10:58 AM >

(in reply to long_time_fan)
Post #: 86
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/23/2008 2:02:14 PM   
Mykal

I'll 2nd that,

It's been long enough now, elmerlee just harrasses this forum with his bullyboy posts
attacking anyone and everyone he feel's like
we can all get tough from the saftey of our own home, hiding behind a computer screen.

It's not Big and its not clever.

Someone should can his ass completely

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 87
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/23/2008 5:56:26 PM   
jdhalfrack

I don't think elmerlee is wrong to question the absence of David. It really is a valid point. The issue is how he goes about questioning. It's very rude.

But, back to the point at hand: a LOT of people love the fact that David has been so 1 on 1 with everyone. He makes it seem like you're the only issue he is dealing with at the time. Even when he has major bugs to deal with, his own personal life, hours of programming, etc..., he STILL finds time to answer your individual questions. This is why it comes as a shock when he basically just stops responding in late June.

I think what David has done to this game is fantastic. And if he were to stop right now, people could not say they were let down. But with the promise of upcoming patches, major releases, new additions, etc... people really are eager to see David on these forums and to get that patch.

This is why emerlee is frustrated. It does feel in a way that some of us were lead along on deception. But, obviously David would not just drop the project without telling us first. Even if he didn't say why, he'd at least tell us. I know from experience that programming for the masses can be very taxing. He probably justs needed/needs a break. He'll be back.

That's just my two cents, anyway.

JD

< Message edited by jdhalfrack -- 8/23/2008 5:57:28 PM >

Latest Max FB Databse Editor: Max FB Database Editor (v 1.7.0)

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 88
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/23/2008 6:17:41 PM   
elmerlee

Of course my post are rude. I mean them to be that and more. Although they may not hurry things along they usually get some type response from either David Winter or Matrix which gives us some updated info.

Just check how long it has been since David Winter posted here. Then look and see the last time he even logged into this forum. Maybe look to find the last time Eric had anything to say before his response to this thread.

I've been in business for a LONG time and there are certain business people you can deal with in a forthright manner and some you need to be "rude" with. All these guys need to do is give an honest answer as to what is going on. Matrix should no longer be allowed to sell this game on the premise that it is going to get a reasonable update. Let alone that something like a 2.5 is coming.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 89
RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) - 8/23/2008 7:23:42 PM   
Mykal

I understand ya' point JD

But.................

If you approach me in good manner and ask something of me, you'll most likely get it ASAP
on the other hand,
should you forget the fact that we are supposed to be intelligent beings and behave in a Bull Crash manner, you'll get nothing from me at all.

Just perhaps David and a few others feel the same way, you could hardly blame them
this has been going on for so long now...............enough is enough.

< Message edited by Mykal -- 8/23/2008 7:28:58 PM >

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: Patch update (June 23, 08) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI