Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Games you want to see

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Games you want to see Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Games you want to see - 8/21/2008 7:33:23 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Loved Baldur's Gate.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 61
RE: Games you want to see - 8/21/2008 9:19:11 PM   
cptracks

I must be on a grander scale.... (besides my waistline). I would love to see a computer version of the old Vietnam game as well as GDW's Europa computerized. A really good strategic Rome game would also have me drooling.

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 62
RE: Games you want to see - 8/21/2008 10:40:58 PM   
Arctic Blast

I like V22's idea for what Company of Heroes SHOULD have been (instead of following the 'W'ere an RTS, gotta have base building' mentality).

Also, some kind of a remake, or whole new 'reinvention' of Masters of Magic. There are other good Fantasy-themed games, but none of that scale.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to cptracks)
Post #: 63
RE: Games you want to see - 8/21/2008 11:56:12 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

Also, some kind of a remake, or whole new 'reinvention' of Masters of Magic. There are other good Fantasy-themed games, but none of that scale.

Stardock of GalCiv fame are doing one, although it hasn't been officially 'announced' yet. The project started off as an 'MoM 2' a while ago, although that doesn't mean it will end up that way, in name anyway. Definitely TBS though. The AI should kick ass anyway, although I hope they include MP this time.

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 64
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 12:49:27 AM   
Sarge

Sorry guys guess I’m not very imaginative . I’ll be please with what Matrix has in the pipeline already

AE & WIF

There’s enough gamming in those two to keep my PC needs satisfied for years .............

Board games ? I would like to see ASL counters and art updated along with the hideous poorly written rules would be nice.

Post #: 65
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 1:02:17 AM   
GJK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

Board games ? I would like to see ASL counters and art updated along with the hideous poorly written rules would be nice.

Are you talking about the ASLRBv2 or the Starter Kit rulebook? I think that the ASLRB is fine once you get past all the acronyms (by learning them). The SK rulebook made it pretty easy to get back into ASL for me.

Critical Hit has their own versions of ASL counters (for copyright reasons) but I think you'd find an uproar and backlash if MMP tried to change the counters that ship with the core modules. In fact, I know that you'd have an uproar.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 66
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 2:17:08 AM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: GJK

Are you talking about the ASLRBv2 or the Starter Kit rulebook? I think that the ASLRB is fine once you get past all the acronyms (by learning them). The SK rulebook made it pretty easy to get back into ASL for me.

Critical Hit has their own versions of ASL counters (for copyright reasons) but I think you'd find an uproar and backlash if MMP tried to change the counters that ship with the core modules. In fact, I know that you'd have an uproar.

I still have the first edition binder rules …………….my bad

I am not talking about reinventing the wheel here , leave the old art in place but offer supplement art sure couldn’t hurt .

The old art is starting to get hard to look at after 18+ yrs especially after seeing what Ln’L, GMT and Avalanche have done with hex art in recent years.

Anyway just a thought

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 67
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 2:53:21 PM   
USSAmerica

I would love a quality (playable) computer version of Third Reich. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 68
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 7:14:37 PM   
andym

I would like a good Crimean War game along the lines of the Battleground Series.

Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 69
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 7:19:43 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I am with you on this.

I was a beta-tester on 3R, and it was pushed out the door early. While I believe it could have been turned into a quality product. The resource well dried up and you know the rest.

Flipper

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 70
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 7:31:54 PM   
cantona2

A Dragonlance based RPG as well, not a MMO one but a single-player one on the lines of NWN

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 71
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 7:56:20 PM   
SeaMonkey

Well how bad....$$...do you want ATR, USS Americaner?

Fact is, its available, and its good, but you have to work for it.

You'll have to get SC2 PDE expansion and then go to CCMods and DL Bill's(pzgndr) custom made A3R campaign.

Probably it is better than the old TR you remember.

Haven't witnessed one disappointing post from veteran TR players who have tried it.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 72
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 8:25:24 PM   
GJK

3R4 is very "chess-like" to me (which is great). You have to look several moves ahead when deciding the order of your moves. For example, to take advantage of exploitation with armor and the sequencing of those attacks followed up with infantry attacks. You also have to project BRP expeditures and what you can afford to buy with what you can afford to do (DOW on a major power for example). It's not just a "move your strongest guys to the front line, attack, plug in holes with other units" type of game at all. So it's more than just "looking like 3R" (sorry SeaMonkey).

CWiE2 is going to be close; you have the armor exploitations and production costs, but it's not quite a 3R killer for me. Still very enjoyable though, I'm looking forward to it's release (I'm beta-testing it now).

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 73
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 8:28:35 PM   
JMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

A Dragonlance based RPG as well, not a MMO one but a single-player one on the lines of NWN

I am also waiting for it! Tasslehoff, where are you?

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 74
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 8:30:01 PM   
sadja

Civil war naval based on the Yaquinto sp? board game. Asked for this a couple of times already. Where is it?

Your never Lost if you don't care where you are.

Tom Massie GPAA

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 75
RE: Games you want to see - 8/22/2008 8:30:24 PM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

Stardock of GalCiv fame are doing one, although it hasn't been officially 'announced' yet. The project started off as an 'MoM 2' a while ago, although that doesn't mean it will end up that way, in name anyway. Definitely TBS though. The AI should kick ass anyway, although I hope they include MP this time.

Now THAT is very good news! Thanks, Hertston.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 76
RE: Games you want to see - 8/23/2008 1:25:51 AM   
Veldor

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

Now THAT is very good news! Thanks, Hertston.

StarDock is NOT doing MOM2. What they are doing is a game that is Tactical Turn-Based Fantasy Strategy. It is part MOM, part Populous, and part X-Com. These are their own words. What it is not is Masters of Magic.

Not that anyone should really care. Personally I'll take any decent tactical Turn-Based Fantasty Strategy game. I too prefer a more "Epic" feel though to my Fantasy Games.. So if they muck that aspect up.. I'll probably pass as I have on most other Fantasy Titles.

The rights to the "Masters of Magic" name cost well into the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars from Atari. So StarDock isn't getting them unless something has changed recently...

Somewhat Ironic to me, the trademark for Masters of Magic has expired. So like many IPs its just way way way way overvalued. And a total waste IMHO.

BTW here is one post to confirm above. Please let me know if I'm wrong (Many media outlets did mis-report that StarDock was doing MOM2)

http://tgnforums.stardock.com/?aid=165429

Post #: 77
RE: Games you want to see - 8/23/2008 1:39:12 AM   
Ike1947

World War II Mediterranean Naval, including subs, preferably in a sim mod, but I'll take RTS, so long as the individual ships and their respective abilities are portrayed.

Oh, on PC not a board game.  I tried a board game version with the Europa series and it's "combine these three modules plus the experimental naval rules and oh by the way make your own counters"  and I loved it, but alas, it took two years and sixteen players - including replacements! - to play.    Once.

" ... it is only those who have never heard a shot, never heard the shriek and groans of the wounded and lacerated ... that cry aloud for more blood, more vengeance, more desolation"

(in reply to Hentzau)
Post #: 78
RE: Games you want to see - 8/23/2008 1:50:47 AM   
Lanconic

Oh I would love to see a game on the Battle of the Bulge on the same level as
the old SPI game Wacht am Rhine.

(in reply to Ike1947)
Post #: 79
RE: Games you want to see - 8/23/2008 6:50:57 AM   
critter

Fire in the East board game done on PC.
World in Flames in my life time....

(in reply to Hentzau)
Post #: 80
RE: Games you want to see - 8/23/2008 9:44:26 AM   
Greybriar

quote:

That would be an awesome game. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 81
RE: Games you want to see - 8/23/2008 1:31:30 PM   
Warfare1

quote:

ORIGINAL: GJK

3R4 is very "chess-like" to me (which is great). You have to look several moves ahead when deciding the order of your moves. For example, to take advantage of exploitation with armor and the sequencing of those attacks followed up with infantry attacks. You also have to project BRP expeditures and what you can afford to buy with what you can afford to do (DOW on a major power for example). It's not just a "move your strongest guys to the front line, attack, plug in holes with other units" type of game at all. So it's more than just "looking like 3R" (sorry SeaMonkey).

CWiE2 is going to be close; you have the armor exploitations and production costs, but it's not quite a 3R killer for me. Still very enjoyable though, I'm looking forward to it's release (I'm beta-testing it now).

I agree. The old Third Reich PC game was really a thinking man's game. If a person can get past the somewhat clunky interface, it is still quite a good game.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 82
RE: Games you want to see - 8/23/2008 10:56:26 PM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

StarDock is NOT doing MOM2. What they are doing is a game that is Tactical Turn-Based Fantasy Strategy. It is part MOM, part Populous, and part X-Com. These are their own words. What it is not is Masters of Magic.

Not that anyone should really care. Personally I'll take any decent tactical Turn-Based Fantasty Strategy game. I too prefer a more "Epic" feel though to my Fantasy Games.. So if they muck that aspect up.. I'll probably pass as I have on most other Fantasy Titles.

The rights to the "Masters of Magic" name cost well into the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars from Atari. So StarDock isn't getting them unless something has changed recently...

Somewhat Ironic to me, the trademark for Masters of Magic has expired. So like many IPs its just way way way way overvalued. And a total waste IMHO.

BTW here is one post to confirm above. Please let me know if I'm wrong (Many media outlets did mis-report that StarDock was doing MOM2)

http://tgnforums.stardock.com/?aid=165429

Well, it definitely still sounds like something I'd be quite interested in, veldor. And a mix of those game styles...interesting.

I also agree that it's sad the MoM name has basically been left to rust away like so many others have.

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 83
RE: Games you want to see - 8/25/2008 11:57:45 PM   
PunkReaper

I'd love a medieval wargame based on the War of the Roses. Something similar to the old Kingmaker board game with its politics but updated. Kingmaker was such a popular game I'm surprised that it hasn't been reprinted. A couple of boardgames are in the process of development:
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-234-crown-of-roses.aspx
http://www.columbiagames.com/cgi-bin/query/cfg/zoom.cfg?product_id=3225
but I'd love to see something computerised.

Post #: 84
RE: Games you want to see - 8/27/2008 10:09:34 AM   
PunkReaper

Just read that Crown of Roses wont be out until 2010.......unless all of you who loved the original Kingmaker.......yes you......go over and pre-order the game. Another 200 orders and we can have it for Christmas.

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 85
RE: Games you want to see - 11/9/2008 2:20:22 AM   
lordhoff

quote:

quote:

I am with you on this.

I was a beta-tester on 3R, and it was pushed out the door early. While I believe it could have been turned into a quality product. The resource well dried up and you know the rest.

I'd rather see one with "Advanced Third Reich" and "Rising Sun" - so many possibilities with that version.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 86
RE: Games you want to see - 11/9/2008 2:23:53 AM   
lordhoff

quote:

I'd love a medieval wargame based on the War of the Roses. Something similar to the old Kingmaker board game with its politics but updated. Kingmaker was such a popular game I'm surprised that it hasn't been reprinted. A couple of boardgames are in the process of development:
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-234-crown-of-roses.aspx
http://www.columbiagames.com/cgi-bin/query/cfg/zoom.cfg?product_id=3225
but I'd love to see something computerised.

I liked it too but it had some rather huge problems. Hopefully a PC version would be more playable.

PS - have you by chance been on the "Stronghold" forum - avatar looks quite familiar?

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 87
RE: Games you want to see - 11/9/2008 2:30:41 AM   
lordhoff

quote:

Matti Kuokkanen
Matrix Legion of Merit

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordhoff

- The rise and expansion of the Mongol empire

Age of Empire II: Age of Kings

Thanks; haven't had time to research this title yet (may even have it - so many unplayed but purchased games!) but have added it to my list.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 88
RE: Games you want to see - 11/9/2008 2:33:36 AM   
lordhoff

One other that comes to mind as I've never found any that captured the feel and the fun as this old classic: A modernized "Red Baron 3d" (sans bugs). The modders did a lot with this but one can only go so far with a, what, 20+, year old game.

Post #: 89
RE: Games you want to see - 11/9/2008 5:59:47 AM   
mikul82

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordhoff

One other that comes to mind as I've never found any that captured the feel and the fun as this old classic: A modernized "Red Baron 3d" (sans bugs). The modders did a lot with this but one can only go so far with a, what, 20+, year old game.

The original Red Baron is my favorite game of all time, out of all game systems and categories!

RB2 (or the soon after RB3D) didn't quite do it justice as a sequel in my opinion. The original game was just a work of art, with the best dynamic campaign I've ever seen in a flight sim to this day (RB3D did have a nicely done campaign as well, shoddy programming and interface hampered the game overall quite a bit IMO). The original RB is the only game on earth I'd give a perfect 10/10 score to

How I miss just having FUN with a well done flight sim without having to pound on the "padlock enemy" or "time compress +/-" buttons like a madman to find any opponents. The original RB required you to just press the "C" button, and it would instantly time compress you to a "tactical" range from your opponents, able to maneuver around as needed before engaging. Once the sky is clear, you could "C" your way instantly back to landing at your base, or fly back while navigating with the 4 small poster size maps that came with the game.

How I miss playing that game...

< Message edited by mlc82 -- 11/9/2008 6:02:00 AM >

(in reply to lordhoff)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Games you want to see Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI