Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry, Armor, Artillery

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Infantry, Armor, Artillery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry, Armor, Artillery - 8/5/2008 2:12:04 AM   
runyan99

What's the difference between the three land units? Except that I need at least one of each to get the combined arms bonus, is an infantry unit with a 6 Land Attack score the same as an armor unit that also has a 6 Land Attack? What makes artillery different?
Post #: 1
RE: Infantry, Armor, Artillery - 8/5/2008 3:23:53 AM   
panzers

quote:

ORIGINAL: runyan99

What's the difference between the three land units? Except that I need at least one of each to get the combined arms bonus, is an infantry unit with a 6 Land Attack score the same as an armor unit that also has a 6 Land Attack? What makes artillery different?

it's as you said: combined arms. Artilliary is a great tank buster. It is a combines as well as aweapon and howetzer against infantry and is more effective in a combined arms situation. With that being said, it is badly vulnerable to an attack especialy from armor. The difference between the 3, is that the tank is much harder to hit because of the armor. The infintry falls somewhere in between. Of course, your technology has a big part in the final result. One thing you should know is that russia seems to concentrate all their tech efforts on attack and evesion for those 3 types of units and seems to ignore everything else, and it has a lot of infantry so you better put some of your technology on infintry and tanks, otherwise the Russians will pick you off like like the petals of a rose. Also, artilliary is very nice for it always attacks first, before the rest of the land phase, then it gets another attack, although not quite as effective the first time around. However if you have a nice numerical superiority with lots of artilliary, you could actually pick off a unit entirely before it even gets a chance to shoot because the artilliary always shoots first before the regular combat. They suck against air(that's why they have the flak units) but beware if there are ships involved because they can sink them.

(in reply to runyan99)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Infantry, Armor, Artillery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI