Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flak on the attack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Flak on the attack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flak on the attack - 8/5/2008 2:13:51 AM   
runyan99

Should I include flak units in land attack? I tried this once and my expected losses in the combat calculator actually went UP with a flak unit included. Will attacking flak engage defending air? If no enemy air is present, will the flak fire at land units?
Post #: 1
RE: Flak on the attack - 8/5/2008 3:07:51 AM   
panzers

quote:

ORIGINAL: runyan99

Should I include flak units in land attack? I tried this once and my expected losses in the combat calculator actually went UP with a flak unit included. Will attacking flak engage defending air? If no enemy air is present, will the flak fire at land units?

Yes, and yes. It has virtually no ground defence like the regulat artilliary has, so the chances of losing a flak is all part of the combat loss equasion, but your chances dramatically improve for more enemy quality losses if there is enemy air present for the flak, by default automatically fires at the air, and the air phase begins before the land phase and being that combat is simultanious, the flak actually gets a second attack on the ground phase. That is not a bad deal if you are the German player for at the start of the game you only need 1 intelligence point to upgrade the flak land attack value

(in reply to runyan99)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Flak on the attack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI