Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hex control revisited

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Hex control revisited Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hex control revisited - 9/8/2008 1:43:51 AM   
Mickrocks201

I can see that control of a hex is derived from who controlled the hex that the unit moved from - but with all of Army Group South moving from Romania the Romanians get control of all the Ukrainian cities which in economic game terms is a bad investment since those PP's can buy better German units than Romanian.

I got around this by running motorized units from originally German control hexes thru Russian controlled hexes in front of my Romanian controlled hexes so the unit moving from THEM will be baptized German before taking other hexes. Seems pretty silly to be forcing me to do this, but if I want the points to go to Germany then that's what I have to do.

One other way is to drop a German para into Russian territory (even if it started in Romanian territory) to get the hex in German control and then move units thru that hex.

This whole hex/city control aspect seen unrealistic - there was no way the Germans were going to allow Romanian or Hungarian control of Kiev (or whatever it is called in the game)

Post #: 1
RE: Hex control revisited - 9/8/2008 9:42:55 AM   
doomtrader

This is how the game was designed and It can't be changed.

The only solution that came to my mind is a bunch of events for Germany and Romania.

(in reply to Mickrocks201)
Post #: 2
RE: Hex control revisited - 9/8/2008 4:22:42 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: mickrocks

I can see that control of a hex is derived from who controlled the hex that the unit moved from - but with all of Army Group South moving from Romania the Romanians get control of all the Ukrainian cities which in economic game terms is a bad investment since those PP's can buy better German units than Romanian.

I got around this by running motorized units from originally German control hexes thru Russian controlled hexes in front of my Romanian controlled hexes so the unit moving from THEM will be baptized German before taking other hexes. Seems pretty silly to be forcing me to do this, but if I want the points to go to Germany then that's what I have to do.

One other way is to drop a German para into Russian territory (even if it started in Romanian territory) to get the hex in German control and then move units thru that hex.

This whole hex/city control aspect seen unrealistic - there was no way the Germans were going to allow Romanian or Hungarian control of Kiev (or whatever it is called in the game)

If the Russians evacuate their industry then there aren't many PP to be had close to the border so there isn't much reason to put a lot of Germans in Romania. That's why you have Italians :)

(in reply to Mickrocks201)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Hex control revisited Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI