Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Baton Rouge guns block movement from Gulf into New Orleans?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Baton Rouge guns block movement from Gulf into New Orleans? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Baton Rouge guns block movement from Gulf into New Orle... - 10/5/2008 9:24:06 PM   
tbriert

I am engaged in a hotly contested PBEM game with a talented opponent right now, and I just suffered a major setback due to something I think is wrong with the game.

My Union forces occupy New Orleans, Ft. Jackson, Ft. St. Philip, Natchez, Lafeyette, St. Landry, St. James, and virtually all of Texas. The rebels have a garrison isolated in Baton Rouge, with plenty of heavy guns. My main Union force in Natchez, and also my force in New Orleans, was unable to be reinforced because Confederate guns in Baton Rouge, which provided opp fire opportunities on Union troops being transported into New Orleans. I find this to be ridiculous. Baton Rouge is far upriver from New Orleans. If the Union posesses New Orleans, and has control of the Gulf forts and the opposite river bank, they should be able to sail reinforcements directly into New Orleans and debark troops there.

Can someone familiar with the map/game design comment on why this is so? Unless I hear a convincing argument to the contrary, my thoughts are that this is a mistake that needs to be corrected in the next patch.
Post #: 1
RE: Baton Rouge guns block movement from Gulf into New ... - 10/5/2008 10:36:19 PM   
JAMiAM

For what it's worth, this is going to be fixed in the next patch.

(in reply to tbriert)
Post #: 2
RE: Baton Rouge guns block movement from Gulf into New ... - 10/5/2008 11:04:44 PM   
tbriert

Well, while it wont bring back my losses in this game, it is good to hear that this is going to be fixed.  Thanks for the info JAMiAM.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Baton Rouge guns block movement from Gulf into New Orleans? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI