Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Re... - 10/13/2008 7:17:58 PM   
pjwheeling

FOF is a great game and it would be awesome to see Western Civilization or some other company do an American Revolution game that is similar to FOF.
Does anyone else agree?

Patrick
Post #: 1
RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the America... - 10/13/2008 7:23:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

Have you tried For Liberty and Birth of America?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pjwheeling)
Post #: 2
RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the America... - 10/13/2008 7:33:31 PM   
pjwheeling

I am going to try For Liberty.
I notice that there are very few online reviews for it, plus almost no one is on the forum.
What I'm reading does not overwhelm me. However, I'm going to give it a try.
I have BOA, but don't really like the AGEOD games.
For Liberty does not seem to be getting the love that FOF does. I personally love FOF and would like to see one similar for the Revolution.

Patrick

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the America... - 10/13/2008 7:40:55 PM   
Erik Rutins

For Liberty does have the combination of Strategic and Tactical that FOF does, though it's not as detailed or comprehensive a simulation as FOF. It's still a fun game. When we first added it to our catalog, I played through the campaign several times and had a great time.

I saw your other post. There are a few bugs that Hussar has not yet fixed, but none that should prevent your enjoyment of the game. It's been quite playable from the initial release.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pjwheeling)
Post #: 4
RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the America... - 10/13/2008 7:55:22 PM   
pjwheeling

Ok. Sounds good. I was going to give it a try anyway, but your endorsement is helpful.

Patrick

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the America... - 10/14/2008 1:00:46 AM   
killroyishere

I 2nd the nomination for For Liberty as your war of independence fix with both strategic and tactical battles. I found the Ageod games pretty boring myself and not enough immediate information on the battles. I much prefer some form of tactical battles and information in the games I play today anyways. Games like Ageod makes are more like what your grandpa used to play. Computers can do so much today I don't see why more games don't offer both strategic and tactical in them or at least the option to use both.

(in reply to pjwheeling)
Post #: 6
RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the America... - 10/14/2008 2:21:06 AM   
pjwheeling

The lack of the tactical battles in BOA is what turns me off. That's what make FOF so good. Another vote for For Liberty! That's encouraging.

Patrick

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 7
RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the America... - 10/14/2008 11:21:11 PM   
Gil R.

We at WCS would love to do an American Revolution game using the FOF engine one day, but we have several higher-priority projects ahead of it in the queue. The earliest we'd get to it, if we ever do, would be 2010. So, I hope that "For Liberty!" suits your needs.

Good to know we'd have at least one customer...

(in reply to pjwheeling)
Post #: 8
RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the America... - 10/15/2008 8:46:41 AM   
moose1999

Make that 2 customers, Gil. 
Anyway, I can also recommend For Liberty - although especially the tactical combat can seem somewhat underwhelming when you're coming from FOF.
Pretty underwhelming, in fact.
But it's still a fun game.

regards,

Briny

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI