Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial documentation would be nice for scenario editor and database editing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Tutorial documentation would be nice for scenario editor and database editing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial documentation would be nice for scenario edito... - 10/29/2008 8:44:38 PM   
Blacklight

This is just a thought. I was considering giving a try to building my first scenario today when I realised that there is no tutorials for how to use the scenario editor and as much as I looked through the manuals, I could find only information about "Stuff you should put in your scenarios" and "Stuff you should keep in mind as you design". Just looking at the editor alone without any kind of tutorial or instruction was mind boggling.

That set me to thinking that it would be very nice to have a couple of tutorial manuals that say.. walk you through the creation of a scenario and also maybe a tutorial that walks you through editing the database (I know there's a manual for this, but a tutorial may help expediate the process of learning as it would refer to areas in the Database Editing manual, but you would literally see the results with what you're doing).

The scenario editor DEFINITELY needs a tutorial to walk someone through the building of their first scenario. An actual separate manual for it would be nice as well.
Post #: 1
Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB - 10/29/2008 8:52:44 PM   
hermanhum

Try this old H3 document for some additional help on the Scenario Editor. It actually gives some instruction on the basic SE commands.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FilesOfScenShare/files/Design%20%20and%20tactical%20tips%20/H3%20Advanced%20Features%20Manual.zip

There's no tutorial, but there is a simple walk-through example.

(in reply to Blacklight)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Tutorial documentation would be nice for scenario editor and database editing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI