Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Long Time CC Fan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> RE: Long Time CC Fan Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/4/2008 4:30:54 AM   
TheReal_Pak40

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

It is easy. If you can not give orders, you can not play.What is for you real time game? A game is for play and on the CM part that you tell, you do not play, you only watch the screen.

Are you telling me that because CM is not fully real time that a person cannot play it? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

quote:

You can tell us all the things that you want but CM is a turn game.

Oh my GOD! for the billionth time, I've said that CM is a we-go turn based game from the beginning. Get that through your thick skull!!! The ACTION is real time!!!!

On second thought, drop it. I'm through with this discussion with you. You are unwilling to accept the facts presented to you and everything you say is in terrible English, and therefore I can only assume that you are not understanding my English. My Spanish is probably worse than your English, so it's pointless to try to communicate with you. Let's just consider the discussion over.

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 31
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/4/2008 7:42:53 AM   
dodger bullet

To the TS. I agree this is an improvement. But I still see the A.I. not using their armored units effectively. Only sending out infantry to capture VLs, while they park their tanks somewhere else safe.

It's frustrating. Hopefully this can be fixed in later patches instead of future installments. Because Close Combat for me was all about the A.I. Thus, CC2 was still the best series for me.

(in reply to TheReal_Pak40)
Post #: 32
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/4/2008 5:21:02 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheReal_Pak40

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

The version used by the Marines is being sold as CCMT.

The web site says "Based on Close Combat Marines, which is used as a USMC training simulation". So, I'm assuming that it's been changed a little for the masses.

Yes, they fixed some bugs, added some graphics and changed Marines to Army.
Here is a screen from the old CCM. Note reused CC5 graphics.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

Post #: 33
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/5/2008 2:54:40 AM   
Senior Drill

Actually, CCMT is based on CCM v5, while the USMC now uses CCM v6.  V6 is miles beyond where v5 and CCMT is in terms of complete editor control of each soldier (yeah, marine) in each team to set every attribute, weapon and ammunition level.  CCM v6 also adds civilians that can edited to be hostile or passive to either or both sides, emplaceable fortifications, entrenchments, obstacles, barriers, concertina wire and command or proximity detonated mines and IEDs.  Deployment is simplified from 5 individual zones per side to one common area per side (while still retaining the ability to use multiple, unconnected deploy areas) and allows the battle designer to place every unit in a start position that fits his scenario.  It also adds a wealth of uses of conditional triggers and compound triggers to provide players with information, artillery and air strikes, reinforcements, changes to victory conditions, and many more features.

It also introduces a fire support controller, that as a separate player allocates the scenario's mortar, artillery and aircraft to up to nine concurrent battles, each of which may be playing on nine different maps.  Players on each map must request fires or close air support on drop down menus that are very close to actual Nine Line and Six Line forms used in real life.  This feature is quite fantasic in it's realism, but probably would not be much apprieciated by the average civilian CC player.  You can't always get what you asked for or it doesn't arrive when you needed it most.  And you get it where you asked for it, even if you got the grid coordinates wrong and it is your position... or on the right grid coordinates on the next grid square over (because you screwed up with shagging the grid), which puts your artillery barrage down on somebody elses map.

This is all great for the military, because it is a teaching tool, but not the kind of thing that would generate much of a fan base in a commercial game.  There are viable plans for a commercial adaptation and anything that replaces that yellow smoke "you are about to be plastered" telltale would be welcome, IMHO.  In CCM v6, just backing out from that marker would do little good anyway as attack aircraft go after any target of value within 100 meters of their initial target grid, laser designation or not.  Yep, laser designators are there too, along with laser range finders, GPS, as well as NVGs for night battles.  Yep, night battles.

All that is there now, courtesy of the USMC.  It is a part of the basis that CC6 is being developed to, along with some sort of operation and campaign system that I'm not privvy to any details of.

CC has come a long way as any long time CC fan can attest.  I'm telling you that it has already gone a lot farther than most of you have seen and it will go much farther.  So keep pointing out the errors you see and suggesting things you would like to see in future games.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 34
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/5/2008 3:02:34 AM   
TheReal_Pak40

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senior Drill
So keep pointing out the errors you see and suggesting things you would like to see in future games.

That's why I post here. I'm often critical of CC but that's because I want to see it improved.

Thanks for the info on CCMT. I had a feeling that the commercial version of CCM was not what is being used by the Marines. Of course it was just a hunch because I have yet to play CCM.

(in reply to Senior Drill)
Post #: 35
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/5/2008 3:35:53 AM   
Andrew Williams

could it be that CCM v6 CCMTII?

Post #: 36
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/5/2008 3:54:43 AM   
crushingleeek_slith

oh no! Keep it WWII!

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 37
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/5/2008 6:17:30 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

could it be that CCM v6 CCMTII?

CCMTII plz?

quote:

ORIGINAL: crushingleeek

oh no! Keep it WWII!

How about CCSST, then?

quote:

Actually, CCMT is based on CCM v5, while the USMC now uses CCM v6.

I meant in comparison to old CCM, not the newest one.

quote:

It also introduces a fire support controller, that as a separate player allocates the scenario's mortar, artillery and aircraft to up to nine concurrent battles, each of which may be playing on nine different maps. Players on each map must request fires or close air support on drop down menus that are very close to actual Nine Line and Six Line forms used in real life. This feature is quite fantasic in it's realism, but probably would not be much apprieciated by the average civilian CC player. You can't always get what you asked for or it doesn't arrive when you needed it most. And you get it where you asked for it, even if you got the grid coordinates wrong and it is your position... or on the right grid coordinates on the next grid square over (because you screwed up with shagging the grid), which puts your artillery barrage down on somebody elses map.

I want. *drools*

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 12/5/2008 6:27:38 PM >

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 38
RE: Long Time CC Fan - 12/5/2008 7:56:55 PM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

In CCM v6, just backing out from that marker would do little good anyway as attack aircraft go after any target of value within 100 meters of their initial target grid

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> RE: Long Time CC Fan Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI