Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hired Guns Reinforced

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> RE: Hired Guns Reinforced Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 5:06:16 PM   
Reinforce

Ya that's what I ended up getting click click refresh my windows and boom everything can be opened in Photoshop... Pink cammo cloths here I come. This also means I might put together new skin packs for people to download too. Like Russian camo suits, Jungle warfare. CADPAT.... ah so many more ideas now.. damn you Mraah why do you have to be so helpful. x_x

But first I need to finish adding the last 3 weapons and polishing off the rest of the mod update. I wanna get it out tonight and I should be ok. 3 more weapons to add and 8 more text files... Well more then that I still need to make the little text files for all the FMJ clips. *sigh* The more I think the more work I get. x_x

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 61
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 5:51:56 PM   
Mraah

Reinforce,

... You might think I'm helpfull now but later you'll be cursing me because your task load has increased by 10 !!

Ok ... anyway ... About the M1 Garand semi-auto ... or in other words ... the DOUBLE-TAP feature...

I was thinking about converting all the semi-auto handguns too. Giving them that double-tap feature may increase the popularity of the handguns. I'm not talking about converting them to full APS capability ... but a little POP---POP can go a long way ... especially if your mercs aim is true. If your merc misses with the first POP ... the second shot is gonna miss too (maybe)

So .... using the double-tap leads to one question ....

.... Do you feal lucky, punk?
(ok, two questions)
.... Do you feel confident your merc will hit with the first shot?

The double-tap is sweet on the M1 Garand ... POP--POP ... ching-ching (sound of brass hitting the ground) ... bad guy folds over after his hip is blown off. I made the burst AP=11 .... Results in a full aim double tap, followed by a quick-snap/double-tap of a less aimed shot.

Hmmm ... I'm a poet ... Quick-Snap/Double-Tap ... works for me!

Rob

< Message edited by Mraah -- 1/6/2009 5:52:17 PM >

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 62
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 6:05:13 PM   
Reinforce

Oddly I was looking at the ability to add in a bolt to the game that would add an extra bullet to single fire mode. Ala a double tap bolt. But I haven't tested adding in new fields for weapon mods yet as I don't want people to be able to turn everything into little machine pistols. Getting what I've done so far done done is takeing up my time so I can't play with all my weapon mods. Next mod Patch will more then likely be mostly if not totaly about weapon mods. Unless I end up with more weapons I wanna add.. Like a Hello Kitty AR-15... or if I can do it I'm totaly adding an OICW I don't care if it's been tossed out I likes it. I got quite the list of weapon mods I'm looking to add. Mostly in the fourm of new scopes, Special forces addons, Grips, Triggers/bolts... that crazy berral extention thing people keep asking about idk why but I'll look into it. Under berral weapons and such. I was also thinking of doing a line of tricked out SOPMOD weapons as well. Like I said I got a list, Got time to do it too.. problem is everytime I start something I get more and more I wanna do. Why does modding always go like this. :P

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 63
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 6:07:24 PM   
Mraah

Reinforce,

Oh yeah ... so now that you're into skinning then I might recommend a website for pulling off some photos ...

Goto the Cheaper Than Dirt store ... www.cheaperthandirt.com

You may find some tid-bits to image ... perhaps even a pistol scope or an ammo magazine.

Rob

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 64
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 6:24:27 PM   
Mraah

Reinforce,

And .... For some pink gear images .... try Silberman's Workinggear ... www.workinggear.com

Here's something under the bandana's ... some hot pink camo image for ya ... I'll post an in-game image of a camo helmet in the next post... in hot pink for ya!

Rob

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 65
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 6:58:45 PM   
Mraah

Not perfect .... too much white ... But we know you could do better

Might I add ... if you go hot pink then drop the camo effeciency value down to a negative number ...

The price you have to pay for having the latest fashion!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 66
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 8:25:00 PM   
Reinforce

Lies nothing blends in better with the jungle. :P

I'm going to play around with skinning tonight. I'm just finishing up the Mod files befor I zip it and upload it. Wanna make sure I got everything and it's all in the right place, I skiped some of the little details so I could get this out asap. However those little details are cosmetic more then anything as I've been test playing without them and haven't had any problems.

Played around.. There's alittle coloring glitch becouse of the differant angles of the skin layout. Makes patterns hard to show off.

Now for the rest of it then the face and hair then to make it all unique... This also means that by all rights I could make new skins for the troops that would display what armor level they're useing. Based on recolored Merc skins.... Damn Mraah you really did like 10x my work load. x_x

Much Love,
Reinforce

< Message edited by Reinforce -- 1/6/2009 10:02:22 PM >

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 67
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 8:50:03 PM   
Reinforce

New Updates out. Rawr... I hope it works. Works for me but if there's any problems please PM me with it or Post here please.

Happy hunting oh and that Rifle I posted that people though was the SCAR. It's the Prototype for the Bushmaster ACR, the Magpul Masada I like it's look better as I added the HK416/417 and they all look the same. x_x

Oh and I need a sticky. :P

Much Love,
Reinforce

< Message edited by Reinforce -- 1/6/2009 8:58:31 PM >

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 68
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 10:10:47 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reinforce

Lies nothing blends in better with the jungle. :P

I'm going to play around with skinning tonight. I'm just finishing up the Mod files befor I zip it and upload it. Wanna make sure I got everything and it's all in the right place, I skiped some of the little details so I could get this out asap. However those little details are cosmetic more then anything as I've been test playing without them and haven't had any problems.

Played around.. There's alittle coloring glitch becouse of the differant angles of the skin layout. Makes patterns hard to show off.

Now for the rest of it then the face and hair then to make it all unique... This also means that by all rights I could make new skins for the troops that would display what armor level they're useing. Based on recolored Merc skins.... Damn Mraah you really did like 10x my work load. x_x

Much Love,
Reinforce

hmmm, Sexy

always did go for a gal with ammo pouches

:)

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 69
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 10:14:37 PM   
Hard Sarge

got it, will start up a new one (ahhh, was close to taking the Palace anyway)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 70
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 10:17:37 PM   
R@S

Did you add the OICW? It´s a favourite of mine too. Going to give the new update a try tomorrow.

Are you still taking requests? If you do here´s one:

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn85-e.htm

and this one:

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg38-e.htm

Edit: Couldn't wait until tomorrow and took a quick peek. Found a thing that might interest you. The 7.62x51 FMJ (20 round, 5 round)ammo doesn't show the picture, just the number of bullets in the clip. Will continue to play tomorrow and report anything(if there is) when I find it.

< Message edited by R@S -- 1/6/2009 11:00:26 PM >

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 71
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 10:59:05 PM   
Reinforce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

hmmm, Sexy

always did go for a gal with ammo pouches

:)

lol thanks I think.

Much love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 72
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 10:59:37 PM   
Reinforce

quote:

ORIGINAL: R@S

Did you add the OICW? It´s a favourite of mine too. Going to give the new update a try tomorrow.

Are you still taking requests? If you do here´s one:

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn85-e.htm

and this one:

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg38-e.htm

No OICW yet I want one bad myself. But till I can get a weapon in that'll take both 5.56 and 20mm at the same time in differant slots I'll sadly be putting my beloved OICW on hold.

Sniper rifle looks good should once again be a simple add. I'm not really looking for more .50's though. But a guns a gun few changes here and there and It'll be good I would like smaller more scaled down version of a 50 for the more urban maps the ones I have added up to this point are well.. huge. :P

Hmmm A MK48.. Should be a simple add I was planing on a Special Forces/SOCOM weapons pack this will work into it nicely. Based on what I've been able to dig up quick it's a scaled up/down bullet up size down version of the M249 SAW which I've already added so it'll be a simple addition.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to R@S)
Post #: 73
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 11:53:49 PM   
clayog123

Reinforce,

I have been checking this post daily just to be entertained by your enthusiasim for this game. Your talent speaks for itself. Thank you for your efforts. I made a few mods of my own and enjoyed playing this game. But now I can download your mod and play a completely new game.

Your work has allowed all of us to enjoy this title to the fullest, and beyond.

I for one just wanted to say thank you.

Oh, and Matrix....you may want to hire her.

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 74
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/7/2009 12:07:37 AM   
Hard Sarge

roger on the FMJ ammo, in battle, when I found it, I didn't get a pic just the ammo number, but off map, it has the image

nasty first round battle

kind of ruff when the AI can out distance you with pistols

had a odd one though, got the pass, and then the guys opened fired on me, so ended up a long and very confused battle

(in reply to clayog123)
Post #: 75
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/7/2009 12:09:37 AM   
Reinforce

Ok well funny story I was messing around trying to get a totaly new model/skin set into the game useing my pink cammo pants. As just to say I could kinda of thing.. But now for whatever reason when I set it back to default my merc dosn't get her skin back... its just this yellow blob and I got no idea what I did... I think I might have really killed my game this time. T_T

Or not got it fixed.. seems it hates me or something Had to resave it afew times with photoshop to get it to work...

Skinning looks like it's going to be a pain though 4 files to change/edit and there all over the place. I wish there was a tool that would do all the name/file changes for me.

For those of you who wanna skin the first parts easy. But you need to make a new Materials file and edit it with a text editor and point it at whatever skins/textures your useing. If you want it I'll write up a better walkthough for skinning. Hell I might even add pictures I wub you all that much. :P

There also seems to be some SAS, GSG and Swat skeletons in the game.. not sure what they do but I might see if I can get them to load with dummy skins just to see what the model itself looks like.

Anyways I'm off break time. I'll drop back in later tonight.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 76
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/7/2009 12:11:17 AM   
Reinforce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

roger on the FMJ ammo, in battle, when I found it, I didn't get a pic just the ammo number, but off map, it has the image

nasty first round battle

kind of ruff when the AI can out distance you with pistols

had a odd one though, got the pass, and then the guys opened fired on me, so ended up a long and very confused battle

Oh frigging duh. God I'm stupid I forgot to add in the FMJ icon images. Wow epic fail on my part.

I'm so sorry guys I'll add that in right now and update it. Sorry again for that mistake I can't belive I forgot about it. T_T

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 77
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/7/2009 12:15:41 AM   
Reinforce

Ok now it should work. Sorry again about that, Totaly sliped my mind I normaly move things over to the mod folder as I add/change them but I guess that was a friday night job. x_x

Let me know if anything else isn't showing up right.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 78
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/7/2009 4:32:48 AM   
Reinforce

Well after playing around with it.. and spending an hour zipping all my game files so I have backups I was able to edit heads and hair and make them there own thing so rawr. I also ran into of all things throwing knifes. But that's another story here's alittle shot of a reskin, Please keep in mind it's rough I'm tired it's late only sugers keeping me going... well that and the knowlage I am gaining bwhaha.

Here's alittle pic of what I've been able to do.. with my sexy UN hat. No hair in this shot.. It's more of a pain to work with I kept loseing the alpha channels.. mostly becouse I'm stupid.

My biggest complaint is this game uses small textures... looks super ugly when I blow it up on my TV to edit. They're 256x256.. I'm going to see if I can up the resolution of one to see if I can get a much more detailed and sharper look... Don't know how it'll go but we'll see. Given I've worked with some textures for oblivion that were 4280x4280 or something like that. But I'll work with what I have.. But I'm still going to try and make the textures bigger. Bigger means a better looking image but sadly it'll take more power to run the game.

Now I'm off for the night I'm going to see about makeing a good skin tomorrow.. Going to look into weapons too... so much closer to my Hello kitty AR15.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 79
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/7/2009 11:15:50 PM   
Reinforce

So good news bad news time. Good news is I can totaly add a new slot on every weapon in the game to take new weapon mods. Like Ok This weapon will accept a new stock or grip or whatever. I can get that new item into the game and the weapon knowing it can take that new weapon addon when I buy it. Now for the bad news.. Thats all I can get it to do atm. When I try to put the weapon addon onto the weapon it reds everything out.

Most annoying but I'm 90% sure there's a call to check what weapon mod can go in what slot. I have however been unable to find it. So has anyone happend across this info in there file diveing?

Brick wall too with Dual ammo type weapons. Like a weapon that has 2 differant berrals ala an OICW with a 20mm and a 5.56 in it. No matter what I try I can't get it to call on that second ammo type... funny thing is I can make a weapon use more then 1 type of primary ammo. I think this might of been one of those cut fetures, Makes me sad. However if I could get the new weapon mods in and working it would be simple to just make them 2 parts you could put together and rawr new gun... kinda that's a real hack and slash way to do it but I'm sure that would work.

Oddly the way the Grenade Launcher works is it calls on a weapon at the bottem of the list and uses that as the launcher itself. There dosn't seem to be a field in the weapons file though for this type of call.. So I'm going to play around with adding a new underberral weapon later tonight and see if I can at least get that working befor I break my keyboard.

Oh and I did get the Icons made up for a new 40mm round. Thankfuly I know how to add that easily how it'll work in game is well.. debatable it's basicly a super shotgun round. I'm also mulling over a mini-grenade round for the shotguns, They look neat. For you folk out there going she's crazy I'm totaly not go look up FRAG-12 it's totaly a new style of mini shotgun launched Grenade.

I've looked into the duckbill more and have been unable to get much done with that blasted thing. I'm going to try messing around with it more later.. Who ever made it shoot in a line should line up and be shot. That might work in some old 2D game but in a 3D world it's really really usless. I'd like to try modeling it more as a O then a --- so you could get more pellets on the target.

I'm also thinking of a range change to the carbine weapons like the M4 and the G36C Keep everything about them as is but make them more between the full ARs and SMGs becouse I want to try and build the game up in steping stones. So like Pistols, Shotguns, SMGs, Carbines, Rifles, Assault Rifles then everything else over the phases better. I'd also look at tech level and stuff so you'd see lower tech weapons alittle sooner then there ultra modern ones and they would be more common as the game went on. Not sure if I would go that far though as I'd have to dive into the... things file again... *Shutter* the horrors. So I may just leave it as it is...

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 80
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 11:32:45 AM   
Segador

First of all thank you for the hard work, the mod is impresive.

One gun I like to see in the game is the Shrike (http://www.aresdefense.com/product.html), can you model it?

Other interesting guns are:

SR-25 (http://www.dogfightink.com/SR25.jpg)
M4 CQB (http://images.google.com/images?hl=es&q=m4%20cqb&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)

But what i like more is to have a very good range of accesories like more types of scopes, dot sights, etc.

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 81
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 1:56:54 PM   
Reinforce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Segador

First of all thank you for the hard work, the mod is impresive.

One gun I like to see in the game is the Shrike (http://www.aresdefense.com/product.html), can you model it?

Other interesting guns are:

SR-25 (http://www.dogfightink.com/SR25.jpg)
M4 CQB (http://images.google.com/images?hl=es&q=m4%20cqb&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)

But what i like more is to have a very good range of accesories like more types of scopes, dot sights, etc.

Modeling is beyond me.. far far beyond. However it looks just like an M4A1 with a bigger Mag. So I can just give it the M4A1 model and we can ignore the tiny details.. And you don't get super close to your mercs anyways to really notice that, so I've added the Ares Shrike 5.56 to my list. Not sure if I'll go with giveing it 100 rounds. It'll accept afew differant clip sizes from 30 to 200.. It also seems like it fires like an LMG which is good I can make a little hose that's handy at shortish range and isn't heavy like an MG. Makeing it a deadly little weapon in close combat.

Thanks for the image links for the SR-25 and M4CQB made looking them up quick. I'll jot them down for the next update.

Weapon addons are I'm hopeing going to be a BIG part of the next update. I've just hit afew walls with the totaly new weapon upgrade fields. But that's not going to stop me from adding in new sights and stuff. At the moment my planed addons are a Red Dot, Reflex sight, ACOG, New Double taping bolt (don't care if it's not real I want a 2 round "single" shot)

What I also want if I can ever manage to get the bloody game to accept it is the ability to add in Forward handgrips, Berral changes (this would mostly be for more range/acc), Grips/stocks.. Basicly whatever I can manage to add. Most of this stuff will effect your personal mercs acc more then the weapon itself as I see it more as a weapon built for you kinda thing. Then useing the standard stuff.

I also am looking at more under berral addons/weapons. I was looking at the possibilty of adding in some none lethal stuff too. I know your reading this and going why? And to that I say Why not? I think it would be neat. :P

The reason you never seen a slide in the shop is for whatever reason they have it set to phase 99. So it'll never show up, I've changed that so next update you'll get slides in the game.

Final little tid-bit of info for all you people wanting to know what effects ACC. There's another field that effects it that I didn't notice till last night. There's a Bullet falloff value in the ammo file. That reads "deviation from traetkorii bullets directly into the flight. polukonusa angle in radians (0-0.3) taken into account in shooting" So it seems that would be your range modifier or part there of. Fall off of a 5.56x45 AP is 0.0005 the fall off of a 12x70 shotgun round is 0.0020. Now remember the closer to a true 0 the better. This this might also help explain the shotguns poor ACC even after the weapon ACC on them was changed for the better.

Seems this games got better ballistics then people though.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Segador)
Post #: 82
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 3:11:13 PM   
Hard Sarge

this is Heavy Recoil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlFlXMHaSVQ

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 83
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 3:31:49 PM   
Reinforce

Wow that's a cannon what size of round is that?

Oh and hows the mod holding up with the FMJ rounds? Everyting working ok? Haven't got any feedback about it so I'm hopeful all goes well and they're fitting in and playing nice with HP and AP. But I worry about my kids.

Much love,
Reinforce

< Message edited by Reinforce -- 1/8/2009 3:43:21 PM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 84
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 3:45:08 PM   
Hard Sarge

they never said :(

had some nice clips on the Shrike, which I liked as it showed what the recoil was like

(the girl popping herself in the nose with a Pistol was funny)

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 85
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 3:57:03 PM   
R@S

FMJ works like a charm, Reinforce. You've brought me a lot of fun in re-playing the game. Thank you for that.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 86
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 5:09:53 PM   
Scautura

That's a .577 (it says at the beginning of the video - .577 T-Rex) - the guy at the end seems to be the only one with a clue of how to brace correctly, everyone else seems to have it braced on their arm rather than shoulder, and flat, no braced feet, rather than leaning into it. It's been a while since I've fired a rifle, so my comment about the shoulder/arm is based more on observation than recent experience.

Scautura

< Message edited by Scautura -- 1/8/2009 5:11:54 PM >

(in reply to R@S)
Post #: 87
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 5:54:41 PM   
R@S

I have another request for ya. How about some camo pants? Without armor but giving a camo bonus and only weighing 1kg.

(in reply to Scautura)
Post #: 88
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 6:12:23 PM   
Mraah

Reinforce,

There are other variables inside the ammoXML .... ksi and ksv ...

KSI :

damping coefficient of momentum

should be taken into account as follows:
new_impulse (t) = (current_impulse - current_impulse * kzi) dT

KSV :

coefficient of air resistance
ksv = S * ro * V * V * V / Vz

where

S - cross-sectional area of the bullets, bluntly: (caliber square * pi / 4), square mm
ro - the air density, bluntly: ~ 1.2 for the standard environmental conditions (20 degrees Celsius, the pressure is normal)
V - Muzzle velocity, m / s
Vz - the speed of sound, bluntly: 300 m / c

calculated directly in the table - you need to change the original data - speed.
Size is specified in the formula in hand: ... 3.14 * X * X / (4 ...
In the formula takes into account the fact that speed is given in m / s and square mm

More head aches for ya Reinforce

Rob

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 89
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/8/2009 6:49:27 PM   
Reinforce

I miss the old days where 1+1 was 2. Not 2.0001^3. Math and me are like.. fire and water.  >_<

Oh well more to factor in.. but I guess if nothing else this means I can add better more Accurate types of bullets... But sadly I had to shalve my beloved Rubber batons for my shotgun as there's no way to get a bullet to damage a persons breath to knock them out. To bad too I wanted them more for a haha then a real practical use. :P

In your pokeing around Mraah did you happen to come across anything about weapon addons? I'm at my wits end with them.. at least added totaly new ones in a new field. I can get everything working right up to the installing then it breaks down and the little blocks you put the addons in goes red on me. Odd too I can get the shop to know that addon goes with that weapon but the installing into said weapon is killing me.

So I'm back to what I know atm More weapons and weapon mods that I know will work like Optics. And some new gear, Working on a helmet atm and some little crazy plan that shall remain hidden till I know if it works as I have yet to boot the game with it. :P

I was thinking to.. I might totaly break down and cry if Matrix makes a new patch that changes most of the files I've edited. I'll have to start replugging everything in over again... *shutter*

Much love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> RE: Hired Guns Reinforced Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI