Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> Game Speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Speed - 2/25/2009 3:47:18 PM   
New York Jets

I know this is an issue I have touched on before but, it still seems to be unresolved. I was having trouble getting the game to run in a reasonable speed (it was taking 50 minutes to go through the movement phase) and with the help of another member I thought I had it fixed.

The first turn, or so, it worked fine. The, I get to September 1914 and the movement execution becomes s-u-p-e-r s-l-o-w again.

Is this an issue with anyone else? If so, what can I do to correct this?

My system is not the issue as I have a 512MB video card and 4GB of RAM. Should I try running it in a different screen resolution or are there some other settings I can tweak to optimize performance?

I really like this game and would like to play it but, 50 minutes or so just to resolve movement seems a bit ridiculous.

"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
Post #: 1
RE: Game Speed - 2/26/2009 1:04:48 PM   
vonRocko

Hi Chris,
inthe game options screen, there is a slider for adjusting the movement speed of units. Try sliding it to the fast side and see if that helps.
Good luck

p.s. after rereading your post this might not be the problem,but it is worth a try.

< Message edited by vonRocko -- 2/26/2009 1:06:39 PM >

(in reply to New York Jets)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Speed - 2/26/2009 1:15:45 PM   
New York Jets

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Hi Chris,
inthe game options screen, there is a slider for adjusting the movement speed of units. Try sliding it to the fast side and see if that helps.
Good luck

p.s. after rereading your post this might not be the problem,but it is worth a try.

Already done.

- Casey Stengel -

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 3
RE: Game Speed - 2/28/2009 8:26:42 AM   
Gray_Lensman

How much working RAM do you have before running the game? Do you hear/observe a lot of hard drive access?

< Message edited by Gray_Lensman -- 2/28/2009 8:27:36 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Game Speed - 2/28/2009 3:32:35 PM   
New York Jets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray_Lensman

How much working RAM do you have before running the game? Do you hear/observe a lot of hard drive access?

Here's my stats.

2.13 GHz dual Core CPU, 4 GB RAM, 512 MB Geforce 7300 video card and 300 GB ard Drive with nearly half still available.

- Casey Stengel -

(in reply to Gray_Lensman)
Post #: 5
RE: Game Speed - 3/1/2009 10:33:31 AM   
Gray_Lensman

But how much "available" RAM do you have after everything is up and running?  You can generally find out by pressing <Ctrl> <Alt> <delete>... a box will pop up... click on the "Performance" tab and look down at the Physical Memory "Available" amount. This is a useful little tidbit of knowhow, to see if a program has a memory leak... The available memory will shrink significantly over time while you're running it.

You probably have enough RAM however unless you are loading down the your system with a bunch of background programs, in which case they could be hogging memory... Most likely though you have some out of date video drivers, even though your machine sounds up to date.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> Game Speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI