Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America 2: Wars in America >> RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 2:12:17 AM   
Arsan

Really, i can't make much sense of your post (no matter how big you make the fonts)...
what do you mean?? That you has been complaining about a non existing bug for a month??

About the breaking siege method: its not rocket science, just the core base of AGEOD games system: drag&drop, put stacks inside or outside structures, chose a posture...
It makes perfect sense: you wanna attack somebody (the besiegers in this case)??: just drag and drop your stack to the same place they are and select an offensive posture. Like in any other case
It's nothing new. IIRC i've been doing this since BoA back on 2006.

< Message edited by Arsan -- 3/14/2009 2:24:18 AM >

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 31
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 3:20:25 AM   
GShock

I knew i had to write it bigger for you to really get it, Arsan.

I have several line replacements, just sitting there, but my depleted units are not filling up. Why?

A unit needs to be in either a depot, harbor, or a level 2 city (not besieged) in order to draw replacements. Note also that partisans and irregulars can regain hits for free if a region is very loyal.

How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org

(in reply to Arsan)
Post #: 32
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 3:25:36 AM   
KG Erwin

All these petty complaints are needless criticisms and serve only to make folks ignore certain forumers. This campaign of hatred is pointless, as the main complaintants are narrowed to two gamers who refuse to post on the AGEOD forum. Please cease these attacks now.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 3/14/2009 3:26:26 AM >

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 33
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 9:36:02 AM   
Arsan

quote:

ORIGINAL: GShock

I knew i had to write it bigger for you to really get it, Arsan.

I have several line replacements, just sitting there, but my depleted units are not filling up. Why?

A unit needs to be in either a depot, harbor, or a level 2 city (not besieged) in order to draw replacements. Note also that partisans and irregulars can regain hits for free if a region is very loyal.

I see... it seems i got it right the first time:
You have been rambling and whining for a month because besieged units can recover strength but hey!, after actually checking it you just discovered this is not happening
For a change, maybe you should post a "Sorry, AGEOD. I was wrong" message on big fonts

< Message edited by Arsan -- 3/14/2009 11:21:55 AM >

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 34
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 11:05:03 AM   
Blueprint

quote:

Well it appears that according to a thread message in last January 2008, the besieged force is actually able to lift the siege by sallying out without the help of a rescue party (+ sortie button). It was fun to read that at that point in time, and so much past the release, several gurus of the game had no idea of how actually the procedure worked and if it was at all possible. Me myself, as you may have noticed, knew nothing about this.

So actually Clov...ehm "Blueprint" is is right. Perhaps it might be a good idea to have the DEVs prepare a server for RSS news and mailing newsletter so that when rules change all of those who can't read the forums everyday (and take notes of the changes applied by 2957239 patches per year) can still play knowing what the rules and available choices are.

Source: http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65621

Great. Really.Even when you're wrong AGEOD is guilty. I begin to think your favored Confederate General is Bragg.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND EVIL AGEOD? SHAME ON YOU TO CREATE TOO SUBTLE GAMES FOR GSHOCK. HE'S A CONSUMER. HE HAS THE RIGHT TO GET SIMPLER RULES OR EXPLAINED IN VERY LARGE CHARACTERS
( to be sure he will not name bug a feature, or vice-versa, depending of his mood).

< Message edited by Blueprint -- 3/15/2009 11:36:18 AM >

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 35
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 1:36:54 PM   
JastaV

A tool kit to design own map and units at will.
The full list of available codes/commands to be edited.
Then, the program exe file.

That could be an idea for next title to be published!

Without irony it could be a winning marketing strategy.......
Customers will have chance to built own game and own scenarios!

I'd buy it for sure!

(in reply to Blueprint)
Post #: 36
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 4:11:01 PM   
GShock

It's useless to debate with people who are paid to say that the sun sheds no light, JastaV.
Sorry but am not gonna play the game till the sieges are not working as they should.

How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org

(in reply to JastaV)
Post #: 37
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 5:19:26 PM   
Arsan

quote:

It's useless to debate with people who are paid to say that the sun sheds no light, JastaV.
Sorry but am not gonna play the game till the sieges are not working as they should.

Priceless!

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 38
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 8:21:29 PM   
Stwa

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

All these petty complaints are needless criticisms and serve only to make folks ignore certain forumers. This campaign of hatred is pointless, as the main complaintants are narrowed to two gamers who refuse to post on the AGEOD forum. Please cease these attacks now.

From my perspective, it looks like any hate (if it is hate) is running in both directions in this thread.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 39
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 9:32:38 PM   
GShock

Stwa, mine is the distinct point of view of a CUSTOMER who could never play this game till the end due to a bug.

New game, bug, report, end of game, new patch. New game, bug, report, end of game, new patch. It is a loop.

In a game/scenario there's no opponent,
in another there's no contest,
in another there's a move bug where transport moves and cargo stays,
in another the AI doesn't attack,
in another the distant unload doesn't work,
in another the replacements do not arrive,
in another can't build a fort even though i have supplies and arty,
in another the AI is not defending its objectives,
in another ships dont get repaired,
in another a stack is said to arrive somewhere and it doesn't arrive at all,
in another, i siege the settlement, the besieged become stronger and i become weaker,
in another the game crashes, asks me to write report and the application opening outlook express crashes...

It was my choice to leave the AgeOD betas, that's why i have no hate for anyone and no regrets...but the bugs are there, oh yes they are.

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 40
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 10:15:00 PM   
Blueprint

quote:

It was my choice to leave the AgeOD betas, that's why i have no hate for anyone and no regrets...

Speechless on this one

Another great propaganda moment.

Now waiting your reaction about this... http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2062355

Another game endlessly patched with yet bugs. A loop. Could you yet play this one? 'A great game by the way, and I enjoy playing from time to time, EVEN WITH ITS CURRENT NEW BETA PATCH WHICH FORCES ME TO READ THE UPDATE FILE LIKE IN THE SILLY GAMES OF THE EVIL AGEOD

< Message edited by Blueprint -- 3/14/2009 10:21:14 PM >

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 41
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 10:16:03 PM   
Rafiki

quote:

It was my choice to leave the AgeOD betas, (...)

I see no reason to air dirty laundry in public, but let's leave the re-writing of history to the games we play and refrain from outright lies when discussing them in forums, shall we?

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 42
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/14/2009 10:24:04 PM   
dunnsa

quote:

<snip>

It was my choice to leave the AgeOD betas, that's why i have no hate for anyone and no regrets...<snip>

Um HUH?

Yes, it was you who became fearful of the AGEOD forums, after you were defrocked from beta...

My, you are truly self-deluded, aren't you...

AGEOD Volunteer
Visit the AGE Wiki at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 43
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 1:07:03 AM   
GShock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rafiki

quote:

It was my choice to leave the AgeOD betas, (...)

I see no reason to air dirty laundry in public, but let's leave the re-writing of history to the games we play and refrain from outright lies when discussing them in forums, shall we?

I'm sorry Rafiki but it's the truth.

(in reply to Rafiki)
Post #: 44
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 1:23:42 AM   
Gray_Lensman

Sorry GShock, but you're deluding yourself. Your beta status was unceremoniously revoked immediately after you openly promoted software piracy and no amount of whitewashing will change those circumstances. It would be best if you would not open the subject up so that it does not have to be pointed out to you and all the other forumites.

The fact that you chose to quit posting on the AGEod site was your choice AFTER you were shown the door from your beta status not BEFORE.

< Message edited by Gray_Lensman -- 3/15/2009 1:25:41 AM >

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 45
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 6:18:57 AM   
Stwa

quote:

Stwa, mine is the distinct point of view of a CUSTOMER who could never play this game till the end due to a bug.

New game, bug, report, end of game, new patch. New game, bug, report, end of game, new patch. It is a loop.

<snip>

Even if this is 100% truth, WHAT difference does it make. What is your end game here, that's what is causing all the comotion. You have gotton plenty of time to state your case. Repeating it over and over again in many threads and in many forums. I am sure everyone understands what you are saying.

You need to move on. I would not let this issue consume any more time from your daily life. Try something different. Its only 40 bucks man. Grow up, get over it. Stop crying and whining. At this time, I doubt seriously anyone at Ageod is going to re-instate your reputation.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 46
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 6:56:30 AM   
Stwa

Oh I forgot to mention.

All this talk about WiA makes me want to go back and play my BoA mods. So Me thinks I am gonna drag it back off the backup drive and play a 1775 scenario right now. Besides, my kid has been monoplizing the computer, playing Close Combat lately. Funny how everyone in the house just has to use the computer with the largest monitor. Why is that?

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 47
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 7:17:51 AM   
GShock

You can't know about something when it happens in private, Gray.

"Someone" didn't expect i would turn down the chance to redeem myself and stay in.
He was too embarassed to tell you the truth and only when he received my negative answer did he proceed with removing my access to the beta forums.

I am sorry Gray but that's exactly what happened.

(in reply to Gray_Lensman)
Post #: 48
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 7:29:49 AM   
Stwa

Dang,

I was gonna add this screenie in to get everyone in the mood, but Gshock beat me to the next post.

Anyway, enjoy, I know I am going to. BoA is perfection.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 49
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 8:51:30 AM   
Rafiki

quote:

"Someone" didn't expect i would turn down the chance to redeem myself and stay in.
He was too embarassed to tell you the truth and only when he received my negative answer did he proceed with removing my access to the beta forums.

You're either self-delusional or you're taking revisionism to new heights. I don't know which, and I have to wonder what it is you are trying to achieve, but in the end, I don't think I really care what your motivations are. You are denigrating yourself through this personal vendetta you are on where you are willing to say anything, true or false, that might seem to support the case you are failing to make, and I find it more than bit tragic that you don't realize this yourself.

Stwa has been providing you with some good advice. You should consider listening to it

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 50
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 9:22:32 AM   
Blueprint

quote:

in another, i siege the settlement, the besieged become stronger and i become weaker,
in another the game crashes, asks me to write report and the application opening outlook express crashes...

It was my choice to leave the AgeOD betas, that's why i have no hate for anyone and no regrets...but the bugs are there, oh yes they are.

Now your take on empire in Arms is ... rather more lenient

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1959757&mpage=1&key=�

Could you explain why? I'm always interested to hear what's unforgivable here is commendable there

< Message edited by Blueprint -- 3/15/2009 9:38:13 AM >

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 51
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 11:39:07 AM   
Blueprint

quote:

Your definition of choice opens new perpectives on the liberty concept.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 52
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 2:12:39 PM   
Stwa

OK,

Is there anyone else from Ageod that want's to add that Gshock was booted from the Beta team. I am sure he isn't the first beta that ever got booted and he probably won't be the last. And you never know, if Gshock gives it some time, he might come to the conclusion Ageod did him a big fat favor.

And all the hush-hush on this topic, only to find out, it all originates with the posts regarding "piracy". Its all pretty lame if you ask me.

I suppose, people might use Gshock's observations regarding the WiA game, the arbitrary attacks of others notwithstanding.

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 53
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 2:21:32 PM   
Stwa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blueprint

quote:

Now your take on empire in Arms is ... rather more lenient

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1959757&mpage=1&key=�

Could you explain why? I'm always interested to hear what's unforgivable here is commendable there

Maybe he is trying to fit in the with people in that forum, since things obviously aren't going to work out for him in the Ageod forums. It doesn't seem right that anyone should chase him around, does it? Maybe you need to let go of the bit between your teeth as well.

< Message edited by Stwa -- 3/15/2009 2:22:52 PM >

(in reply to Blueprint)
Post #: 54
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 2:53:40 PM   
Blueprint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stwa

Maybe he is trying to fit in the with people in that forum, since things obviously aren't going to work out for him in the Ageod forums. It doesn't seem right that anyone should chase him around, does it? Maybe you need to let go of the bit between your teeth as well.

against a liar you can't. Soon or later, you have to tell some truths about.It's an unpleasant necessity.

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 55
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 3:13:44 PM   
Blueprint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stwa

Anyway, enjoy, I know I am going to. BoA is perfection.

No. BOA Suffers from the big stack trick. Pill your units in an unstoppable pack and sooner or later, you will pulverize the other side. With new cohesion and other rules, WIA isn't anymore subject to this gamey trick.

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 56
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 3:20:33 PM   
Stwa

To be honest, I think most of posts in this thread DONT fall into the "necessary" category. I am guitly myself. But how many times are you going to call Gshock a liar? Aren't you on record already?

(in reply to Blueprint)
Post #: 57
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 3:34:32 PM   
tevans6220

You know guys I've been lurking here reading this whole discussion and honestly I think it's time both sides grow up. Whatever GShock did or didn't do with Ageod should stay on the Ageod forums. It shouldn't be brought over here to the Matrix forums. I'm suprised this whole discussion has gone on as long as it has without being locked. You Ageod people want to do something like this, that's fine but do it on your own forums. People come here to decide whether or not to purchase a game. Not to hear bickering and feuding from the self acclaimed Ageod "elite" who think they run things. Grow up guys.

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 58
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 3:42:02 PM   
Blueprint

deleted

< Message edited by Blueprint -- 3/15/2009 3:43:10 PM >

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 59
RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? - 3/15/2009 3:45:55 PM   
Blueprint

quote:

ORIGINAL: tevans6220

the self acclaimed Ageod "elite" who think they run things. Grow up guys.

the self acclaimed Ageod "elite" is welcoming you.

(in reply to tevans6220)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America 2: Wars in America >> RE: AI improvements? Siege improvements? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI