Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sounds weirding out SPWAW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Sounds weirding out SPWAW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sounds weirding out SPWAW - 5/19/2002 7:48:57 PM   
Warhorse

Hi, I have a Compaq 7000US, with Athlon 1.2ghz, 384mb RAM, Soundblaster PCI128, and 32mb NVIDIA TNT2 w/detonator updates. Recently my sounds in the game have been freaking out, half the time you move a unit, no sound. You fire a weapon at a vehicle, you may here it hit, but the explosion sound will be quiet. You move a vehicle, then fire, you might miss the first weapon firing. Lately, sometimes moving 5 or more vehicles one after another, all are quiet!!! Anyone have this occur before? I have recently installed DX8.0, but this was occuring before that, and I haven't changed anything or installed any other programs!! Help!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Post #: 1
- 5/19/2002 11:12:45 PM   
Supervisor

Mike double check these sounds outside of the game envirorment. I will make no assumptions, you are using the updated stereo sound as I expect you are, correct. Go in the snd folder and double click on the *.wav files within and see if they sound ok, also look at the icon to see which sound program they are associated too. Sometimes sound programs like to steal associations from each other depending on what you use. Also does this happen all the time or when the game and or computer are getting hot, the soundcard could be starting to die, just a thought.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Sounds weirding out SPWAW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI