Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: hexside control

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: hexside control Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: hexside control - 6/7/2009 1:53:41 PM   
tigercub

it is nice but he is only one of the slaves!working toward that GOLD thing!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 391
RE: hexside control - 6/7/2009 3:13:04 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

Actually the tactic works just fine as well in WitP. Always has. But people seem to forget the minor detail that a unit cant move and attack at the same time, so those people I think erroneously think that not only are units attacking, but moving at the same time and this is where they have a problem with it, as would I if that were the case. But it isnt. You either attack OR move, not both.

Exactly. That is why it makes sense.

quote:

Now supply is another matter, and frankly, it drives me crazy. Since you only "control" the hex you are physically in at the moment and no one controls any hexsides of unoccupied hexes, its actually possible for both sides to use the same rail line supplying their forces (or road, or whatever supply path).

In the attached pic, if you imagine that hexes 1 and 2 are unoccupied then the Chinese and Japs can both trace supply along this same rail line in the same turn because neither side controls any of the hexsides along it (shown by colored arrows).

In the base hex on the north, if the Chinese controlled the SW hexside, their supply could move through that hexside, but their control of that hexside doesnt stop the supply from coming INTO that hex.

So the general rule of thumb is this: hexside control only stops movement FROM that hex through that hexside. It does NOT stop movement from another hex INTO that one. It takes a while to adjust your mind to this, but its actually a nice concept for unit movement but I personally have reservations on the supply movement (my own opinion).

Good explanations on the "Hexside Control" features. As for supply, the example you showed SHOULD work, and China is the perfect example. For the most part there weren't "fronts" per se in China, and the idea that both sides could get supply from the same road makes sense given that neither side is expending troops to control the road. In this context, supply is not just the movement of ammunition, but also foodstuffs moving via conventional civilian means. As for the "warstuffs", I'm pretty sure it didn't move by way of these huge truck convoys we visualize when somebody says "supply". Probably ox-drawn carts at best, and most frequently porters. Besides, WitP worked exactly the same way.

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 392
RE: hexside control - 6/7/2009 10:09:08 PM   
Yamato hugger

Well, I wont get into a debate on it until after its GOLD other than to say trains using the same tracks to deliver supplies to different sides just doesnt sit well with me

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 393
RE: hexside control - 6/7/2009 11:55:07 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheElf

Shoot, and I was about to send my 'concur' email to Joe stating the air team was ready for GOLD...

Damn, funny how no-one noticed your brilliant and noble effort about that GOLD thing.

We could have gone gold years ago if you dont care about that little "making it work" thingie

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 394
RE: hexside control - 6/8/2009 2:40:16 AM   
Fishbed

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheElf

Shoot, and I was about to send my 'concur' email to Joe stating the air team was ready for GOLD...

Damn, funny how no-one noticed your brilliant and noble effort about that GOLD thing.

We could have gone gold years ago if you dont care about that little "making it work" thingie

I just mean that, well, people all around here are shouting all day long about the release date ("can I have it for Midway anniversary?", "can I have it for my uncle's birthday?", "can I have it for the day after the prom?") and well for once someone releases something about it, no-one cares. History is a bitch to anonymous heroes

Post #: 395
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 7:40:59 AM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

So the IJN pilots in the "trained" pool all have XP of 35? No more "free" high-XP pilots at all, right? In stock, for example, we get about 10 65-ish pilots a month.

That's OK with me -- I assume we now have to train everyone on the map. I gather that supply runs won't work for fighter pilots. What are you doing to train your new pilots on-map, YH?

Well the few that arent in combat (the Japs start with about half as many combat squadrons as in WitP) I simply put them on training missions. This unit for example has been "training" for about 10 days:

I reported how fast the training mission was a few months back and it was ignored, so I have to assume that its working as designed. A few of these pilots gained 30 points in air to air combat in 10 days. Their defense still sucks, but once they get into Tojos (or even Oscars), they will make their weight felt.

30 points in 10 days??? I don´t want to bring in negative waves again, but seriously, then even the WITP standard training of bombing an empty base works better because it takes usually 2,5 months to get from 40-70 exp.

Post #: 396
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 7:54:31 AM   
Dili

quote:

30 points in 10 days??? I don´t want to bring in negative waves again, but seriously, then even the WITP standard training of bombing an empty base works better because it takes usually 2,5 months to get from 40-70 exp.

Amen!

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 397
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 8:05:55 AM   
tigercub

but as you can see its only training one of 12 lists that can be inproved a pond so not that big of a deal.  

< Message edited by tigercub -- 6/8/2009 8:48:56 AM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 398
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 8:30:47 AM   
Splinterhead

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

but as you can see its only training one of 12 lists that can be unproved a pond so not that big of a deal.  

Yeah... Just look art those Nate pilots low transport ratings!

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 399
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 8:58:56 AM   
tigercub

It must be remembered they have 12 months training before getting into a combat plane.(but if it keeps going up at that rate it would be to high)

Tiger!

< Message edited by tigercub -- 6/8/2009 1:19:30 PM >

(in reply to Splinterhead)
Post #: 400
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 9:37:14 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

but as you can see its only training one of 12 lists that can be inproved a pond so not that big of a deal.  

well, except air and dfn there´s not much you want to have for a fighter pilot... so of your 12, there are only 2 of importance

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 401
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 12:10:38 PM   
Fishbed

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

So the IJN pilots in the "trained" pool all have XP of 35? No more "free" high-XP pilots at all, right? In stock, for example, we get about 10 65-ish pilots a month.

That's OK with me -- I assume we now have to train everyone on the map. I gather that supply runs won't work for fighter pilots. What are you doing to train your new pilots on-map, YH?

Well the few that arent in combat (the Japs start with about half as many combat squadrons as in WitP) I simply put them on training missions. This unit for example has been "training" for about 10 days:

I reported how fast the training mission was a few months back and it was ignored, so I have to assume that its working as designed. A few of these pilots gained 30 points in air to air combat in 10 days. Their defense still sucks, but once they get into Tojos (or even Oscars), they will make their weight felt.

Mind you, it's only the A/A rating. The "XP level" is still abyssmal and still evolves slowly - me thinks A/A may add some flavour to the XP level, but if the latter one is still the primary data used to resolve combats, well it just means to me that such 40s XP or so pilots may have a shot at 70s XP ones, but they won't prevail automatically - especially because the high XP pilots quickly get good A/A ratings too AFAIK. Having 70s in A/A probably doesn't mean much as long as everyone quickly reachs this level on either side of the fence; ultimately XP will still be the main factor that will matter (and I checked, the XP level apparently isn't the average of all 12 capabilities, it seems really independant).

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 402
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 12:47:39 PM   
Mistmatz

I agree with Fishbeds statement. My assumption would be that an Exp40/AA70 pilot would, flukes taken aside, more or less always loose against an Exp70/AA40 pilot.

I guess the specialst skills are a nice bonus/malus system but experience will prevail as the most important factor for the battleworthiness of a pilot.

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 403
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 12:49:38 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

Mind you, it's only the A/A rating. The "XP level" is still abyssmal and still evolves slowly - me thinks A/A may add some flavour to the XP level, but if the latter one is still the primary data used to resolve combats

So in actual fact we're right back to the Japanese strafing defenceless bypassed Allied bases again?

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 404
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 1:10:00 PM   
Fishbed

Well I guess it won't change. If you don't want it to happen, you may just agree about restrictions with your opponent before you start. It's not like we were playing some kind of Team Fortress or Counter Strike game, randomly picking our adversaries

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 405
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 1:20:03 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

Well I guess it won't change. If you don't want it to happen, you may just agree about restrictions with your opponent before you start. It's not like we were playing some kind of Team Fortress or Counter Strike game, randomly picking our adversaries

True enough.

It's still a great game, and I'll still buy it, but this redone training thing was a real draw for me. It's sad to see that it might not be so relevant after all in the end.

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 406
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 1:27:16 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

quote:

True enough.

It's still a great game, and I'll still buy it, but this redone training thing was a real draw for me. It's sad to see that it might not be so relevant after all in the end.

It still might give you the edge. Or your opponent...

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 407
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 1:33:37 PM   
Fishbed

quote:

quote:

True enough.

Yep, I would have loved to see this "training command" structure available

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 408
LCU movement - 6/8/2009 1:42:40 PM   
Kaletsch2007

YH,
thanks again for explaining all of that very well (I guess, I got it now !).
Still there is one question to me (which was most probably answered before and I missed it).
The one thing in WitP, that bothred me most, was the "stop the enemys LCU movement out of the Hex by hitting him constantly with Art fire".
Am I right, by hoping that in AE the units keep moving, even if they got attacked ?

Thanks
Rene'

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 409
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 3:36:40 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

Yep, I would have loved to see this "training command" structure available

I hope they put it in a patch at least... because as it stands all this nice training stuff split into quarterly bands is irrelevant. Would be a shame to waste such cool code.

I also think that a revamp of the training would be a major impactor on how the game plays out. The WITP training model was actually the single, sole reason why I stopped playing it.

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 410
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 5:08:21 PM   
Sardaukar

Kind of funny, people drawing wild conclusions based on game they have not seen yet..and having no idea how things actually work.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 411
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 6:00:36 PM   
Grotius

Yes, I don't think we should jump to any conclusions. I rather like that the "training" command now seems to be more effective.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 412
RE: LCU movement - 6/8/2009 6:51:26 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kaletsch2007

YH,
thanks again for explaining all of that very well (I guess, I got it now !).
Still there is one question to me (which was most probably answered before and I missed it).
The one thing in WitP, that bothred me most, was the "stop the enemys LCU movement out of the Hex by hitting him constantly with Art fire".
Am I right, by hoping that in AE the units keep moving, even if they got attacked ?

Thanks
Rene'

There are up to 5 different "modes" a unit can be in based on situation. If for example a unit isnt in a port and/or a base with a rail line in it then Strategic move mode will be grayed out. If a unit is alone in an enemy occupied hex then "reserve" and "rest/training" will be grayed out, ect. You can MOVE in any of these modes. The slowest of them is combat mode. If you are attacked (in any manner) while moving, you will continue to move, but you will be automatically switched to combat mode when it happens.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Kaletsch2007)
Post #: 413
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 6:53:46 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

So in actual fact we're right back to the Japanese strafing defenceless bypassed Allied bases again?

Well you CAN do that, but all it will do is improve your air to ground rating. Air to air can be trained more easily by training than in actual combat. However, the ONLY way to raise your defense rating is to engage in air to air combat.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 414
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 6:55:06 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Kind of funny, people drawing wild conclusions based on game they have not seen yet..and having no idea how things actually work.

Well, I'm not letting it put me off buying it.

I think I'd rather have aces after a week of training than train-by-strafing-bypassed-bases though.

...and I'd love training primarily by off map training + recycled instructors most of all.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 415
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 7:45:13 PM   
Dili

quote:

Yep. I probably overreacted.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 416
RE: pilot training. - 6/8/2009 8:16:56 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

+ recycled instructors most of all.

Well all I know about that is it does "something". I asked what "something" was and the answer I got was "not nothing", so God only knows what this does. It doesnt say what it does in the rules and the air team has been asked by at least 3 different people what it does and havent gotten an answer other than that, so Im inclined to not use it. It certainly isnt anything I can test if I dont know what it is supposed to do

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 417
RE: hexside control - 6/8/2009 9:10:34 PM   
Yamato hugger

PoW showed up on my sunk ships report a few hexes south of Singapore. I suspect he tried to move it to Java and it sank enroute. Repulse is still in Singapore and took several more hits this turn.

The CVLs have arrived at Truk but will need at least 1 more day to fully rearm. I reequipped their airgroups with Zeros and Mabels as well as replacing some Petes and Daves on their escort ships with Jakes and Alfs. 3 of the divisions are just outside Truk (the 4th is still north or Iwo) and are beginning to move south. Shortlands, Munda, and Tulagi have already been taken. A fast transport group has loaded elements of a SNLF unit and is on the way to Rabul (I suspect its empty).

1st Naval construction bn is on the ground at Tarawa with the 2nd and 3rd close behind. Kuasie Island has the 5th and 6th base forces, 2 airfield units and the 6th naval HQ on the ground and improved the port to a level 1 this turn. "Home improvement" forces are unloading on Ailinglaplap.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Dec 22, 41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invasion Support action off Cebu
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft

1 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
xAK Kuritake Maru
xAK Koyu Maru
xAK Zuiko Maru

Cebu USN Base Force firing at xAK Kuritake Maru
xAK Kuritake Maru firing at enemy troops
xAK Koyu Maru firing at enemy troops
xAK Zuiko Maru firing at enemy troops

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack near Jolo at 74,90

Japanese Ships
TB Manazuru

Allied Ships
SS S-37

SS S-37 launches 4 torpedoes at TB Manazuru
S-37 bottoming out ....
Sub escapes detection

Sub attack near Oosthaven at 49,96

Japanese Ships
SS I-162

Allied Ships
xAKL Ipoh, Shell hits 12, heavy fires, heavy damage

SS I-162 attacking on the surface

Amphibious Assault at Loewoek

TF 13 troops unloading over beach at Loewoek, 71,101

Pre-Invasion action off Manado

Japanese Ships
xAKL Taiyo Maru
xAKL Hinode Maru #20
xAKL Suez Maru
xAKL Gyokurei Maru

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Manado Garrison Battalion firing at xAKL Taiyo Maru
xAKL Taiyo Maru firing at enemy troops
xAKL Suez Maru firing at enemy troops
xAKL Gyokurei Maru firing at enemy troops

Amphibious Assault at Manado

TF 32 troops unloading over beach at Manado, 75,99

Japanese ground losses:
Vehicles lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)

Type 95 Light Tank lost overboard during unload of 8th Tank Rgt /1
Type 95 Light Tank lost in surf during unload of 8th Tank Rgt /1

Invasion Support action off Puerto Princesa

Japanese Ships
xAK Mikasa Maru
xAK Aso Maru

xAK Mikasa Maru firing at enemy troops
xAK Aso Maru firing at enemy troops

Amphibious Assault at Boela

TF 296 troops unloading over beach at Boela, 80,110

Japanese ground losses:
32 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Sub attack near Taihoku at 87,61

Japanese Ships
SC Ch 14
SC Ch 15
SC Ch 13

Allied Ships
SS Sturgeon

SS Sturgeon launches 4 torpedoes at SC Ch 14
Sturgeon diving deep ....
SC Ch 15 attacking submerged sub ....
SC Ch 14 fails to find sub, continues to search...
SC Ch 13 fails to find sub, continues to search...
SC Ch 15 fails to find sub, continues to search...
SC Ch 14 attacking submerged sub ....
SC Ch 13 attacking submerged sub ....
Escort abandons search for sub

Sub attack near Cebu at 80,86

Japanese Ships
xAK Kuritake Maru, Shell hits 26, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS S-38

SS S-38 attacking xAK Kuritake Maru on the surface

Sub attack near Oosthaven at 49,96

Japanese Ships
SS I-162

Allied Ships
AMc MMS A, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage
AMc MMS B

SS I-162 launches 4 torpedoes at AMc MMS A
I-162 bottoming out ....
Escort abandons search for sub

Morning Air attack on Singapore , at 50,84

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 39 NM, estimated altitude 23,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ia Oscar x 12

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 24

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ia Oscar: 1 destroyed

CAP engaged:
No.488 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 14000
Raid is overhead
No.21 Sqn RAAF with Buffalo I (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
6 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 12000 and 20000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 1 minutes
No.243 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 4 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 22000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 18 minutes
No.453 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 1 scrambling)
4 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 18000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 34 minutes

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 15 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 14
G3M2 Nell x 43
G4M1 Betty x 10

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 21

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M2 Nell: 5 destroyed, 24 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 2 destroyed

Allied Ships
BC Repulse, Bomb hits 3, heavy damage

Port hits 3

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x G3M2 Nell bombing from 6000 feet
City Attack: 2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb, 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing from 6000 feet
Port Attack: 2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb, 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb
22 x G3M2 Nell bombing from 6000 feet
7 x G3M2 Nell bombing from 6000 feet
4 x G3M2 Nell bombing from 6000 feet
City Attack: 2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb, 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
No.488 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 14000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 24 minutes
No.243 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 4 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 9000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 28 minutes
7 planes vectored on to bombers
No.453 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 7000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes
No.21 Sqn RAAF with Buffalo I (6 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
6 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 12000
Raid is overhead
3 planes vectored on to bombers

BC Repulse manuvering ...(Ev 57 / Sp 6)

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 7

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 6

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

CAP engaged:
No.243 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 41 minutes
No.453 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
No.21 Sqn RAAF with Buffalo I (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 44 minutes

Morning Air attack on Bataan , at 78,77

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 35,810 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 23

Allied aircraft
P-35A x 1
P-40B Warhawk x 6
P-40E Warhawk x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 1 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x A6M2 Zero sweeping at 32810 feet

CAP engaged:
24th PG/20th PS with P-40B Warhawk (1 airborne, 3 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters to 32400.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes
35th PG/21st PS with P-40E Warhawk (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 39 minutes
35th PG/34th PS with P-35A (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 3 minutes

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 41,500 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 6

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 1 destroyed

CAP engaged:
No.453 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 1 minutes
No.21 Sqn RAAF with Buffalo I (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
2 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead
No.243 Sqn RAF with Buffalo I (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead

Morning Air attack on 31st Infantry Regiment, at 78,77 (Bataan)

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27b Nate x 8
Ki-30 Ann x 20

Allied aircraft
P-35A x 1
P-40B Warhawk x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-30 Ann: 2 damaged

Allied ground losses:
9 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 1 x 250 kg GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
24th PG/20th PS with P-40B Warhawk (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
35th PG/34th PS with P-35A (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead

Morning Air attack on 31st Infantry Regiment, at 78,77 (Bataan)

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 5

Allied aircraft
P-40B Warhawk x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
P-40B Warhawk: 1 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x A6M2 Zero sweeping at 32810 feet

CAP engaged:
24th PG/20th PS with P-40B Warhawk (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 37 minutes

Morning Air attack on 63rd Chinese Corps, at 80,58

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid spotted at 47 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27b Nate x 8

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 1 (0 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x Ki-27b Nate diving from 10000'
Ground Attack: 2 x 50 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on 20th RGC Division, at 79,58

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
SB-III x 10

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
53 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 5 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x SB-III bombing from 5000 feet *
Ground Attack: 3 x 100 kg GP Bomb
5 x SB-III bombing from 5000 feet *
Ground Attack: 3 x 100 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on Kuantan , at 51,79

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 7,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 2
CW-22 Falcon x 7
Wirraway x 4

No Allied losses

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 9

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x CW-22 Falcon bombing from 3000 feet
Airfield Attack: 2 x 50 kg GP Bomb
4 x Wirraway bombing from 3000 feet
Airfield Attack: 2 x 100 lb GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on Singkawang , at 56,88

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
Blenheim IV x 12
Hudson I x 11

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 5 damaged

Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 5

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Hudson I bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 250 lb GP Bomb
12 x Blenheim IV bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 250 lb GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on TF, near Manado at 75,99

Raid spotted at 22 NM, estimated altitude 5,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
xAKL Banshu Maru #56, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing from 3000 feet *
Naval Attack: 2 x 250 lb SAP Bomb

a Japanese xAKL manuvering ...(Ev 50 / Sp 10)
a Japanese xAKL manuvering changes...(Ev 58 / Sp 10)
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAKL Banshu Maru #56
xAKL Banshu Maru #56 manuvering changes...(Ev 49 / Sp 10)

Morning Air attack on Bataan , at 78,77

Raid detected at 11 NM, estimated altitude 33,810 feet.
Estimated time to target is 3 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 19

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x A6M2 Zero sweeping at 32810 feet

Afternoon Air attack on 78th Chinese Corps, at 84,54

Raid spotted at 14 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27b Nate x 11
Ki-30 Ann x 7
Ki-51 Sonia x 6

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
48 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 1 x 250 kg GP Bomb
6 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 50 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking 72nd Chinese Corps ...
Also attacking 78th Chinese Corps ...
Also attacking 72nd Chinese Corps ...

Afternoon Air attack on Bataan , at 78,77

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 28 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 16
G4M1 Betty x 20

Allied aircraft
P-40B Warhawk x 2
P-40E Warhawk x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 2 damaged
P-40E Warhawk: 1 destroyed on ground

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 26

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x G4M1 Betty bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb, 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb
12 x G4M1 Betty bombing from 6000 feet

CAP engaged:
24th PG/20th PS with P-40B Warhawk (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 1 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters to 7000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 28 minutes
35th PG/21st PS with P-40E Warhawk (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 10 minutes

Afternoon Air attack on Tarakan , at 67,91

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 7,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
4 casualties reported
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 5

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x G4M1 Betty bombing from 6000 feet

Afternoon Air attack on Bataan , at 78,77

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 25 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-IIa Sally x 7
Ki-48-Ib Lily x 11

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-IIa Sally: 1 damaged
Ki-48-Ib Lily: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 1 destroyed on ground
O-47A: 1 destroyed on ground

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 6000 feet *
Airfield Attack: 2 x 100 kg GP Bomb
7 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 6000 feet *
Airfield Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Afternoon Air attack on Sabang , at 44,70

Raid spotted at 37 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21-IIa Sally x 44

Allied aircraft
Blenheim IF x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21-IIa Sally: 2 destroyed, 7 damaged

Allied ground losses:

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 16

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 250 kg GP Bomb
12 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 6000 feet
Airfield Attack: 4 x 250 kg GP Bomb
5 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 6000 feet *
Airfield Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
No.27 Sqn RAF with Blenheim IF (2 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters to 7000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 10 minutes

Afternoon Air attack on 70th Chinese Corps, at 81,57 (Kanhsien)

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
Ki-36 Ida x 12
Ki-44 Tojo x 8
Ki-48-Ib Lily x 3
Ki-51 Sonia x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-51 Sonia: 6 damaged

Allied ground losses:
17 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing from 6000 feet *
Ground Attack: 2 x 50 kg GP Bomb
12 x Ki-36 Ida bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 30 kg GP Bomb
3 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 100 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking 49th Chinese Corps ...
Also attacking 70th Chinese Corps ...

Sub attack near Manado at 75,99

Japanese Ships
xAKL Taiyo Maru, Shell hits 5

Allied Ships
SS Salmon, hits 2

SS Salmon attacking xAKL Taiyo Maru on the surface

Ground combat at Cebu (80,86)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 4313 troops, 40 guns, 11 vehicles, Assault Value = 117

Defending force 4375 troops, 52 guns, 54 vehicles, Assault Value = 102

Japanese adjusted assault: 17

Allied adjusted defense: 27

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 1)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), disruption(-), fatigue(-), morale(-)
experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+), leaders(-), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:
74 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Allied ground losses:
155 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 19 disabled
Vehicles lost 2 (0 destroyed, 2 disabled)

Assaulting units:
21st Ind.Mixed Brigade

Defending units:
81st PA Infantry Division
Cebu USN Base Force

Ground combat at Clark Field (79,76)

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2019 troops, 108 guns, 66 vehicles, Assault Value = 898

Defending force 10611 troops, 168 guns, 160 vehicles, Assault Value = 172

Allied ground losses:
181 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 18 destroyed, 5 disabled

Assaulting units:
20th Infantry Regiment
33rd/A Division
47th Infantry Regiment
48th Recon Regiment
16th Recon Regiment
1st Formosa Inf. Regiment
9th Infantry Regiment
2nd Formosa Inf. Regiment
48th Engineer Regiment
16th Engineer Regiment
33rd/B Division
48th Field Artillery Regiment
9th Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
3rd Ind. Engineer Regiment
15th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
21st Ind. Engineer Regiment
14th Army
56th Const Co
8th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
11th Air Fleet
2nd Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
3rd Engineer Construction Battalion

Defending units:
Subic Bay Defenses
71st PA Infantry Division
91st PA Infantry Division
12th PA Infantry/3 Battalion
2nd PA Constabulary Regiment
Far East USAAF
PAF Aviation
Clark Field USAAF Base Force
Manila USAAF Base Force
200th & 515th Coast AA Regiment

Ground combat at Taiping (49,75)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 1580 troops, 2 guns, 69 vehicles, Assault Value = 55

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Japanese adjusted assault: 59

Allied adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 59 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Taiping !!!

Combat modifiers
Attacker: leaders(+)

Assaulting units:
5th Recon Regiment

Ground combat at Lolobato (79,102)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 354 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3

Japanese adjusted assault: 2

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Lolobato !!!

Combat modifiers
Attacker: supply(-)

Assaulting units:
2nd JNAF Coy

Ground combat at Cebu (80,86)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2276 troops, 44 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 95

Defending force 4261 troops, 40 guns, 11 vehicles, Assault Value = 113

Assaulting units:
81st PA Infantry Division
Cebu USN Base Force

Defending units:
21st Ind.Mixed Brigade

Ground combat at Ichang (83,48)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 24553 troops, 172 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 638

Defending force 3433 troops, 26 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 78

Allied adjusted assault: 619

Japanese adjusted defense: 31

Allied assault odds: 19 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: disruption(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
1690 casualties reported
Squads: 38 destroyed, 7 disabled
Non Combat: 36 destroyed, 26 disabled
Guns lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 1

Allied ground losses:
329 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 23 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 14 disabled

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
45th Chinese Corps
67th Chinese Corps
2nd Chinese Corps
32nd Chinese/A Corps
26th Group Army

Defending units:
58th Infantry Regiment

Ground combat at Lingayen (79,75)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 728 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 78

Defending force 120 troops, 0 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 1

Allied adjusted assault: 16

Japanese adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 16 to 1 (fort level 0)

Allied forces CAPTURE Lingayen !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: op mode(-), leaders(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker: op mode(-)

Japanese ground losses:
Vehicles lost 5 (5 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 1

Allied ground losses:
Units pursuing 1

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
1st PA Infantry/A Division
1st PA Infantry/B Division
1st PA Infantry/C Division

Defending units:
9th Field AF Construction Battalion

Ground combat at Siquijor (78,87)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 13 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 3

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Siquijor !!!

Combat modifiers
Attacker: shock(+), leaders(-)

Assaulting units:
Yokosuka 1st SNLF /9

Ground combat at Cotabato (78,90)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 125 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 10

Japanese adjusted assault: 10

Japanese assault odds: 10 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Cotabato !!!

Combat modifiers
Attacker: shock(+), leaders(-)

Assaulting units:
Yokosuka 3rd SNLF /1

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 418
RE: hexside control - 6/10/2009 2:28:04 AM   
Hornblower

if anyone is keeping track.. New reader of this thread...

Post #: 419
RE: hexside control - 6/10/2009 3:35:36 AM   
Yamato hugger

Ran into an interesting bug that will probably cause a re-start of this game (probably with the Dec 8 scenario). One less you all will see.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: hexside control Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI