Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Action Report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Action Report Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/18/2009 1:16:39 PM   
dooya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haplo_Patryn

My GIFs have some year's old and were uploaded using the Matrix system for uploading images and avatars. So far so good. I don't know why now are giving problems to you. I have not change anything, the GIFs are the same than one month or one year ago...

Sorry if they're doing problems to you. Maybe your Antivirus are very sensitive, i don't know. No problem from mine, for sure.

Sophos indicates
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/17238/11FD8C5CF54E42FE82677B650C379969.gif as potential malware.

No matter whether it is malware or not, it feels not very good that some virus checker report something when readers open my AAR.

< Message edited by dooya -- 6/18/2009 1:40:23 PM >

Visit the German community at Strategycon Interactive

(in reply to Haplo_Patryn)
Post #: 31
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/18/2009 2:44:43 PM   
doomtrader

I've just checked on other PC and it shows your avatar Haplo_Patryn.

Post #: 32
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/18/2009 4:32:22 PM   
Michael the Pole

McAfee is giving me the following message from this thread only:

McAfee has automatically repaired an infected file.

About this Virus
Detected: W32/Giframer (Virus)
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Mike.MICHAEL-DESKTOP\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZXKMOSMI\11FD8C5CF54E42FE82677B650C379969[2].gif

Aaaacckkk!

"One scoundrel is a disgrace, two is a law-firm, and three or more is a Congress." B. Franklin

Mike

A tribute to my heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRU2tlE5m8

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 33
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/18/2009 5:00:29 PM   
kafka

I get the virus warning too, using avira security

(in reply to Michael the Pole)
Post #: 34
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/18/2009 5:07:33 PM   
Haplo_Patryn

I've been asking some friends to see it they get too an antivirus alert but they don't.

Well, avatar erased. Sorry for this problem.

Keep up the good work with the AAR :)

< Message edited by Haplo_Patryn -- 6/18/2009 6:19:19 PM >

(in reply to kafka)
Post #: 35
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/18/2009 7:31:13 PM   
doomtrader

Haplo_Patryn my NOD 32 (which I think is the best antivrus) didn't saw anything here, so I think it's the antivirus programm algorithm. Maybe your avatar was similar to some viruses?

Post #: 36
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/18/2009 8:32:27 PM   
Haplo_Patryn

I don't know, my antivirus don't give me an alert virus at all. It's the same avatar i was using here, in Matrix, from two years ago without problems and i have not changed anything recently so i don't understand what has changed to get that alert right now.

I am not worried, surely is an erronious check of the antivirus as you say :)

< Message edited by Haplo_Patryn -- 6/23/2009 10:08:37 AM >

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 37
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/20/2009 9:16:37 PM   
dooya

(8) Poland - Turn 3

At the beginning of this turn, we are informed that the USSR declare war on Poland.

Then we have a look at the main map. The situation did not change much during the Polish turn.

Again, the Polish AI did not attack and tried to create front lines to secure Lodz.

The Luftwaffe strikes at units in the Warzaw region.

Airstrike at Warzaw

Afterwards our tanks engage the enemy. The Polish soldiers are outnumbered by far

Air strike at a Polish tank unit in the South.

And our tanks attack again. However, attacks with single units are expensive!

The map at the end of the turn. The pocket at Posznan in the North was cut in two parts, cutting the supply from Poznan for the units int the pocket. Warzaw will be encircled in the next turn.

~=+=~

@Haplo Patryn: Many thanks for removing that picture.

Post #: 38
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/20/2009 11:08:00 PM   
Haplo_Patryn

No, thank you to you for this AAR

I'm trying to spread the word in the strategic forum i moderate, so please, more updates

(in reply to dooya)
Post #: 39
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/22/2009 9:58:53 PM   
dooya

(9) Poland - Turn 4

At the beginning of the turn, a message box informs us that the siege at Poznan was successful and the Polish defenders are disbanded.

Then an event offers the choice to do a parade with the Soviets or not. We do parade...

and the Russians do too

A look at the colored minimap shows that the Polish units haven't done much. However, our tanks in the South near to Lublin are cut of from supply and the Russians are advancing into Poland.

This is the large map at the beginning of the turn:

Our fighters engage the Polish fighter wing to the South of Warzaw, but aren't successful, but afterwards two tank divisions take that fighter wing out.

Another air strike near to Warzaw destroyes a infantry division.

With all enemy units around Warzaw taken out, the German units close the pocket around the Polish capital. Warzaw takes heavy air attacks and a land attack by three tank divisions - but the brave Polish defenders stand their ground!

In the South, the tank unit forces the Polish infantry to retreat and advances towards Lublin, founds the city undefended and occupies it.

At Lodz, the Luftwaffe and German ground units wreak havoc!

The Poznan pocket is under pressure - another two Polish units destroyed.

The Polish infantry in the woods northern of the Poznan pocket is also destroyed (not pictured here).

The battle for Danzig has begun: shore bombardement and 2 consecutive ground attacks destroyed one Polish infantry.

This is the map after the 4th turn. Warzaw will fall in the next turn and so will Poland.

~=+=~

Post #: 40
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 6/25/2009 9:26:56 PM   
dooya

(10) Poland - Turn 5

At the beginning of Turn 5, Warzaw surrenders.

Then we are informed about events that happened to Poland and the USSR. Unfortunately we do not know what happened exactly, but it doesn't look that nice...

Two more events. The Polish government leaves the country (however, the Polish forces do not surrender). It would be interesting to know what the second message means: Where do they build new units? Maybe in Great Britain?

This is the main map at the beginning of the 5th turn. It looks like the Polish forces in the South tried to pocket my infantry divison.

Since the Polish units did not surrender after the surrender of Warzaw, I completed the turn fighting. However, many of the Polish units were out of supply for several turns or weakened and all my attacks resulted in destroyed Polish units.

Danzig was taken by destroying the defenders with air attack and the Poznan pocket was cleared by infantry. The units near to Lodz were destroyed by motorized infantry and tanks and Lodz is almost surrounded. In the south, the Polish units that attempted to pocket our infantry were destroyed.

This is the map at the end of the turn. There isn't much left and I will not keep fighting.  

~=+=~

(in reply to dooya)
Post #: 41
RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Actio... - 7/11/2009 2:20:11 PM   
dooya

(11) Epilogue

It's been a while since the last update of this AAR was published, but the reason for the delay is not my lazyness alone, but also the fact that I wanted to present some of the late modifications in the final wrap up of this AAR.

But first some latest news from the front. As we have seen in the last chapters, the Polish AI simply had no chance against my spearheads and Poland was lost without much resistance. In order to see how the AI performs with superior forces, I let Bolek* challenge me to a second duel, this time with switched sides.

(* The ToW AI lacks a decent name. The Operational Art of War has Elmer, AGEOD's games are powered by Athena, but there is no name for the ToW AI. For the time being, I have chosen the name Bolek from the Polish cartoon "Bolek i Lolek", which I liked a lot when I was a kid. Other suggestions for a decent name are welcome.)

The outcome of the second duell can be summarized in a single word: Ouch! Bolek whipped my forces from the map; I did not have the slightest chance to resist. The following figure is an animated gif, please click on the thumbnail to see it.

Now to the recent modifications. In the following picture you see some of the zoomlevel of the game. In the left colum are the counter, in the right column are the sprites. As you can see, the unit names are now displayed in the largest magnifications. When zooming out the number of details is decreased down to flags in the minimum zoom level.

Other recent chances I really liked where the introduction of short cuts for the map filters and a "next unit" short cut that allows to cycle through all units with AP left. Furthermore I really liked the new black & white border style (see the top row of the last figure).

~=+=~

(in reply to dooya)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> RE: World War II: Time of Wrath - A Preview After Action Report Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI