Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Janissaries Forward!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Janissaries Forward! Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/14/2010 11:06:31 PM   
06 Maestro

September '03

There are still 15 barracks development underway-7 of which will be completed this year. There is still a long ways to go to get to where I want to be, but have made very considerable progress already. 9 or 10 experience points (per quarter) advantage over Austria is not much, but it is a lot better than 20 less than Austria.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 271
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/14/2010 11:09:38 PM   
06 Maestro

Sept. '03

Spain has just past Prussia in Glory. At its current rate of increase, Spain will pass Turkey in less than 2.5 years.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 272
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/15/2010 10:16:18 PM   
Zap

Thanks for the update. It seems many leaders see the need to accelerate their plans to gain advantages. From your revelations of the world situation a sense of nervousness is setting in. I think many leaders would still like peace to prevail(at least until they are situated better). But the time element is now forcing everyones hand. Is that a correct evalution? Or what else needs to be said.

Still going on weekends to LV. will be there the next few weekends and may take a vaction there 1st weeek of July.

< Message edited by Zap -- 6/15/2010 10:17:11 PM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 273
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/15/2010 11:04:22 PM   
06 Maestro

Hi Zap-maybe we can get together this weekend-Sunday is a Fathers Day service/lunch at Church-gotta get my ribs. :)

The current aar situation (and the actual current-5 months later) is that all mandatory cease fires/peace treaties are expired-except for Russia new treaty with Austria. So, war is quite possible at any time-it is just unlike to start just before winter. Everyone can benefit from a longer period of peace, but France and Turkey more so.

Even with massive culture building programs, Russia cannot even get remotely into a lead position-it must regain some provinces from Prussia and Austria. A few big successful battles will really help. Of course, Turkey has some objective provinces of Russia also, but if the Czar knocks me down, he can forget about gaining anything from Prussia and Austria.

So, a war, and a big one, is looming. It will embroil everyone except Sweden and possibly England. Of course, even though we may have allies, and everyone is at war, not everyone will be at war with enimies of his allies. Such is the nature of this game/real politic.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 274
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/17/2010 11:13:27 PM   
Zap

Maestro,

I'm looking forward to the coming wars. I can only imagine the trechery that wil be taking place beforehand.

MMMmmm Ribs sounds good. Unfortunataley will be leaving Sunday morning after Services at the Cathedral. Saturday we will be working on the home. We need to do an acid bath on the pool this weekend.Pluming issues, still painting. As you can see, where going there to play

Philip

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 275
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/18/2010 12:05:40 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Maestro,

I'm looking forward to the coming wars. I can only imagine the trechery that wil be taking place beforehand.

MMMmmm Ribs sounds good. Unfortunataley will be leaving Sunday morning after Services at the Cathedral. Saturday we will be working on the home. We need to do an acid bath on the pool this weekend.Pluming issues, still painting. As you can see, where going there to play

Philip

Gotta do the pool right-it will save you time/expense later on. We will have time this summer for a bbq.

The upcoming war will no doubt see new levels of treachery. It is sure taking a long time to get there though. I don't know why the turns are taking so long when there is not much happening. There could be war in a few months (actual game date is April 1804) or we could have peace for another year. France will gain the most from an extended peace. It is still nowhere near its mobilization limits and national moral could use some more time to recover. Spain is about as strong as it can get-Prussia too.

Turkey will benefit more than Austria from an extended peace also. Austria's manpower has recovered somewhat and money is not an issue for Emperor Matto. Money bags, the King of England, will bank roll him in the coming war-for a while anyway. It will be in Englands favor if Turkey is bled white in a long war-even though he may want me to win in the next round. Of course, if Austria and Spain begin a new war in a dastardly manner-like surprise attack, perhaps England will punish them by not bankrolling them. Austria will be in bad shape financially real quick I think if that occurs. It has maintained its army at full strength all this time-a huge burden. He has also added a few new elite divisions-jager whatevers-very costly. We shall see if they are worth it or not.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 276
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/20/2010 6:54:22 PM   
Tophat1815

Think some players are trying to avoid a flurry of nasty action? Or did the doldrums of no activity for so long put some people to sleep?

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 277
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/21/2010 3:59:07 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Think some players are trying to avoid a flurry of nasty action? Or did the doldrums of no activity for so long put some people to sleep?

That is the million dollar question. I do not know.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 278
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/21/2010 5:24:44 AM   
Tophat1815

Well Prussia is back in,so who knows.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 279
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/21/2010 5:47:28 AM   
06 Maestro

I figured it out! They are purposely delaying the turns so my AAR will get caught up and then they can spy on me!- Thats it! They want to know every little thing about the Sultans plans! Well, they can wait until 2012-I am not getting any closer than 6 turns from the current game time!

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 280
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/21/2010 8:36:53 AM   
Tophat1815

My bet is too many people are worried they messed with the frenchman a wee tad too much for forgiveness.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 281
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/24/2010 9:49:45 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

My bet is too many people are worried they messed with the frenchman a wee tad too much for forgiveness.

This is quite possible. Both Prussia and Spain have a spanking coming their way. The fear of that event only grows worse with each passing month of peace.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 282
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/29/2010 10:16:18 PM   
Zap

06Maestro,

You were trying to trade. Since we can't see your dealings, I'd like to know if your were able to trade.
And a secound question. Just how much interaction do you as players have? Or, how much dealing is going on between players might be the better way to put it?

Will be in LV this weekend for the whole week and that weekend. That is July 3 to July 10

< Message edited by Zap -- 6/29/2010 10:19:09 PM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 283
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 6/29/2010 11:06:28 PM   
06 Maestro

Zap

I suspect that my inability to initiate new trades with France or Russia is that our relations have such a low value. With France it is currently around 950 negative. It was much worse, but I have brought it down with subsidies to France. Russia is likewise still very much in the negative. It is odd, but my relations have a much higher level with Austria. I have no idea why relations with France deteriorated to this point. Were were able to have trades early in the game. I had to cancel most of those as the involved provinces were lost to Spain when France surrendered.

There has not been any interaction involving me for a while. I have had some discussions with France in the past-and that will likely resume. Contact with Russia has been very limited. Early in the game there was more chats going around regarding trades and other little items. Right now it is very quiet-as far as I can tell. But the wheels are still turning someplace-Spain and Prussia had a new treaty recently. There may more secret treaties of which I'm not aware of. For these things to happen, some commo must be going on. However, as players (except for KingMaker and I) seem too busy to even post that their turn is done, I doubt there is much chatting going on. It could be though-just rather secret.

We should be able to hook up during your stay. It is pool time-got hot all of a sudden-108 today. The new comers are whining. It is quite possible to have 110 plus for 2 months-everyday. Once in a while it goes 115 plus-that is getting close to the breaking point. The current heat is a bit of a shocker though as we just came out of what must have been the coolest spring on record here. It is still nowhere near the record heat for this day-that would be 117-summer of '94-I remember it well.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 284
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/2/2010 5:14:09 PM   
06 Maestro

September 1803

The little war with Montenegro has broken out. It is too bad that this had to occur, but the other powers just could not keep out of Turkey's area of influence-the problem will be corrected.

The 2nd Army was tasked to do the job of destroying the small Montenegrin Army. It is only a few divisions strong, and some militia in the citadel. The British Diplomat succeeded in delaying the battle. 2 Montenegrin cavalry divisions advance into Ottoman territory-this is a good thing as I will actually gain more military experience in hunting them down.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 285
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/2/2010 5:17:32 PM   
06 Maestro

Sept. '03

Strength Comparisons

France and Austria are rapidly increasing power. The ottoman Empire has maintained a modest rate of increase. The Sultan just does not see an immediate crises to justify such expenditures.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 286
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/2/2010 5:27:42 PM   
06 Maestro

Sept "03

Economic Production

There is an ongoing effort to increase textile production-and to also increase stocks of cotton and wool. A time will come in the future where additional production of textiles, especially from Istanbul, will rapidly use up surplus cotton and wool.

Everything else is simply barely at minimum production.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 287
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/2/2010 5:30:22 PM   
06 Maestro

National Comparisons.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 288
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/2/2010 5:42:16 PM   
06 Maestro

Sept '03
Culture Standings

This may seem a little redundant, but things are shaking with advancement of culture around Europe. I have scanned the map; it is clear that Russia and Spain are in a race to achieve the highest cultural level. There is a benefit to having a higher standard in that monthly increase of Glory can be increased by the added culture, but it comes at a great price.

The Ottoman Empire cannot engage in such games at this time. The higher priority needs to be on building military readiness. However, there are plans being mulled about-some Viziers talking about a great Amphitheater Initiative program. We shall see. In any event, such a program is likely years down the road. By such a time, the Ottoman Empire will likely fall far behind Russia in Culture. Actually, it appears that the Czar is intent on achieving the lead in this particular area.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 289
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/3/2010 9:24:18 PM   
Zap

06 Maestro.

I should have put your phone number in my phone memory. Now i don't have it. If you could e-mail it to me. I will do the same with mine.

By the time you get this we will be on our way to LV. If you want , we should be at the house most of the time working. Stop by on your way from work and say high.

The update seems to point to you and austria as targets for future action. It looks like Britain or Spain will be the ones who will want to test either you or Austria. In hopes to gain the final victory.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 290
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/3/2010 10:07:07 PM   
06 Maestro

Hi Zap

Spain is in a real pickle. France is arming rapidly-and it has a much higher mob limit-although as the Spanish Fleet is no more, that will help Spain's army a bit with possible builds. I am guessing that early '05 the "fecal matter" is going to "hit the fan" with France and Spain. Spain has a treaty-maybe an alliance with Prussia-but Russia has a bone to pick with Prussia lol. So, France will likely have a two front war, but so will Prussia. Prussia's forces split between east and west will guarantee its defeat. Actually, I doubt Prussia will be able to stand up to Russia even with all its forces combined. This leaves Spain in a not very good position-without even including the possibility of Turkey attacking in N Africa. GB is also a factor here. GB will have even more to gain than I will by knocking down Spain again-it can gain more provinces in Italy-Which I cannot do.

England will not be pleased, or perhaps not willing to accept, the defeat of Prussia, but it will have to make a choice. It cannot effectively join in the war against Spain and actively support Prussia by DoWing Russia. I think Russia is due for at least one big victory.

Austria is up-gunning more and more. Jumping ahead a few months; Austria took the doctrine that allows for a 10% increase in mobilization limits. Emperor Matto is worried about somethings. :) It is almost a given that Austria and Turkey will tangle again-and it will exceed the last one which ended with a "slaughter rate" of over 400-each-very high. At this point in time I am casually increasing strength-I'm in no hurry. My unit cost index is slowly dropping, but it will not be back to zero before the next war-too bad. I will be engaging in some buildup myself before '04 is done.

I do not think this next round of wars will end in a stalemate-or be stuck in that mode for very long. I think everyone will be drawn in with the likely exception of Sweden (that has something to gain form attacking GB).
It is entirely possible that the big war will come and go-and no one joining either Austria or Turkey-thus leaving us stuck in a stalemate again. However, that is doubtful. Austria needs to be defeated-it is in the lead and getting stronger all the time. I think they will go down in the next war, but I need help from France or Russia to make it easy. Otherwise it will be a long, long road to victory. If GB does not join in the war against Austria-and I win, I will be in a somewhat untenable position of having the greatest "glory". I'm afraid it won't last long. :)

However-history is not approaching the end of times just yet....

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 291
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 6:30:46 AM   
06 Maestro

December 1803
Glory Report

Spain is gaining in glory very rapidly. It was not too long ago it had surrendered-and took a major loss. It did gain several target provinces when France surrendered. I will have to get some more info regarding where all these points are coming from. Spain will overtake the Ottoman Empire very soon at the current rate. From the looks of its arts building program-its rate of increase is increasing. :)

Another 5 projects where completed this month-and five more started. The emphasis is still on barracks, but other areas cannot be ignored. With the addition of Montenegro into the Empire very soon, there will be the old problem of "waste" again. Serbia will reach the critical level of 5 courts late in '04 and Greece will be a few months behind that. Farms and factories are still being added. Without the higher production, the rapid expansion of barracks will come to a screeching halt. I am frequently using more than 40 textiles per month-and none of that is for consumption.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 292
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 6:35:24 AM   
06 Maestro

12/03
National Comparisons/New production

Another 5 projects were undertaken this month. As taxes were lowered to achieve a higher level of production, the number of projects will be curtailed-with ever greater priority on barracks.

The items listed in the expanded report cost the Empire over 300 units of gold-this caused a deficit this month.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 293
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 6:43:42 AM   
06 Maestro

12/03
Economy

The tax rate is now at 24%-by next month it will be 22%. I am planning on taking it much lower-to 10 or 12%. This will give a nice boost to production-especially cotton and wool. It will be in greater demand than ever before.

I decided to hold off on increasing military readiness as the chance of a major was during the next 5 months is very slim. It will be increased again this next spring.

The unit cost increase (UCI) is down to 12%. I must resist the temptation to start building more units right away. I can create another 7 divisions at this time before reaching the maximum allowed for the Empire-under current restraints. It is a bit of a gamble, but I will postpone those actions as long as I can.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 294
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 6:50:06 AM   
06 Maestro

12/03
Development

there are still about 38 projects ongoing of 42 possible. Although the number of barracks being built may seem constant, since the last report in September of '03 6 more barracks have been added. If my illustrious fellow Emperors do not take note of this ongoing program, they will be shocked in a year or so. The Ottoman Empire still lags behind in military doctrines, but this will begin to change-and very soon. It will be a long process to actually gain the upper hand.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 295
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 6:52:47 AM   
06 Maestro

12/03
Battle Reports

There is still a siege to contend with in Montenegro, but the suicidal Montenegrin cavalry will be dealt with in short order.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 296
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 6:56:22 AM   
06 Maestro

12/03
Strength Report

From the looks of things, there are some paranoid Royals-and revolutionaries running amok. Corrective and prudent responses from the O.E. will soon be forthcoming.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 297
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 8:16:53 AM   
06 Maestro

January 1804
Diplomacy

The yellow lines indicate alliances. Although alliances can give some political clout, sometimes those are not worth much. My good ally, Great Britain, did absolutely nothing to help me during the war with Austria-in fact, I suspect it of giving massive financial aid to Austria.

Great Britain has more alliances than any other Empire. Austria is a close second. The Ottoman Empire has only one now-as I had cancelled the agreement with Spain. At least I can comfort myself with the knowledge that before G.B. can attack the Ottoman Empire, it must first take a glory hit for cancelling the treaty.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 298
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 8:20:58 AM   
06 Maestro

01/04
Military Over View

The various armies are not moving much these days. The French have gone to garrison-thus hiding its strength from its enemies-and saving a good amount of money in the process. I have made an effort to keep units in garrison, but there was a need to pull together the forces as the peace treaty with Austria expired, and the little matter of Montenegro called the 2nd Army into action.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 299
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 7/4/2010 8:25:50 AM   
06 Maestro

01/04

Ottoman forces are gathering near their two main supply areas of Belgrade and Bucharest after the little war with Montenegro-which was just annexed. There is a slight possibility of war this summer, so I am hesitant to send the units into garrison. In time, after getting the march doctrines, I will not have to be so careful as the forces will be able to assemble easier.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Janissaries Forward! Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI