Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Janissaries Forward!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Janissaries Forward! Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/16/2010 8:17:50 PM   
06 Maestro

July
Army Report

It was decided to send the 1st Army into the Palatinate. It was an easy victory. More prisoners were taken and an artillery regiment captured. The artillery unit is the 10th artillery which used to belong to the Ottoman Empire 10 years ago. It is antique equipment, but it is nice to have it back. Thanks to Austria for taking such good care of the unit all those years. It even has added training for foraging now.

The remnants of the Austrian forces fled to Prussia where I cannot pursue.

The British and Prussians are having some minor skirmishes. I will believe they are at war when they have a real battle.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 631
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/16/2010 8:21:54 PM   
06 Maestro

July
Austrian AO

The 1st Army was ordered to move back to Upper Austria. It needs a little rest and there is some reorganization that is required. The army was also full, so there was no space for the new artillery unit. Artillery is too vulnerable to allow to move on its own-even in the current conditions. It will move along with the army and be assigned in Upper Austria.

The small Carpathian Army was ordered back to the Danube to secure supply lines.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 632
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/16/2010 8:23:56 PM   
06 Maestro

July
Northern Germany

The British and Prussians seem close to actually having a battle. I will believe it when I see it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 633
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/16/2010 8:29:33 PM   
06 Maestro

July
Politics

Austria made the same offer of a limited surrender that it gave to France. Although the Sultan would like to end this war, he cannot leave his ally, the Czar, to face Austria alone.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 634
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/16/2010 8:37:03 PM   
06 Maestro

July
Military Upgrades

In view of the current low readiness of the Ottoman forces it was decided to initiate levee in mass. This is one of the most expensive items to acquire. It is something that everyone would like to have, but it just costs too much. However, for the Ottoman Empire to meet its obligations to its allies and to protect itself-it must be had.

Given the current draft rate this will raise the maximum number of reserves to 90,000 from 60,000. More importantly it will increase the current training rate to about 15,000 per month. The added troops are badly needed to flesh out the divisions. One division was disbanded (auto) a couple of months ago due to a shortage in strength. That is such a horrible waste.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 10/16/2010 9:12:43 PM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 635
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/16/2010 8:42:18 PM   
06 Maestro

July
Strength Comparisons

The Ottoman Empire is very slowly recovering its losses. Austria continues its downward spiral. The mighty Austrian Army is a mere shadow of its former self. Perhaps a third of Austria's military power is in militia in garrison at Krajina.

If Emperor Matto insists on continuing this war, Austria will be reduced to nothing-it will never recover.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 10/16/2010 9:14:16 PM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 636
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/16/2010 8:46:19 PM   
06 Maestro

July
Moral Comparisons

France is slowly recovering moral. The Ottoman Empire is back at its normal robust level of 1000 and Russia is at its highest level in this century.

Austria is holding steady at about minus 950. It is not known how long it can continue like that before it is forced to surrender by rebellion, but it will happen at some point.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 637
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/16/2010 8:53:34 PM   
06 Maestro

July
Austrian Moral Changes

Here is the breakdown of Austrian moral changes. It seems that it can go no lower than 1000. It must be bottoming out and then the positives are added back to the balance-otherwise it would be at negative 1000. 950 below is good enough.

The 500 point battle loss is the result of the Battle of Munich.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 638
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 2:34:39 AM   
06 Maestro

August, 1807
Glory Standings

The Ottoman Empire is getting very close to the leading European nations in Glory. It seems very likely that Austria will be overtaken within a month or two-regardless if it surrenders or not. A side affect of the war continuing while Austria is mostly occupied is that additional glory (through culture) is acquired by the O.E. So, as Emperor Matto postpones his official loss, the O.E. is gaining on everyone. This is fine, but I would not to this to continue for 5 years.

Lower Egypt just completed additional factory developments. This province is the richest in the Empire. It has the greatest income-even slightly surpassing Istanbul. It can produce well in any category. Anything that is built there adds significant production for the Empire. The problem is actually setting the labor aside to build anything. Other than the initial courts everything has been done at double speed due to additional road development. Even at that, it is the slowest in the Empire to finish anything as its labor is too valuable in actually producing things.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 639
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 2:41:48 AM   
06 Maestro

August
Austrian AO

Some minor adjustments were made to Ottoman forces. Meanwhile, the remnants of two Austrian armies are making their way to the main Austrian force in its mountain fortress. Those units are taking a round about route-traveling through Prussian territory where they are safe. I do not know how long the Prussian King thinks the this will be tolerated.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 640
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 2:45:42 AM   
06 Maestro

August
Northern Germany

The Prussian ad British forces are getting closer to having a battle-a real battle Although my spies can give good intelligence as to these forces, those same forces are likely in the dark as to each others location. That is, of course, if no other "ally" who is not at war passes on the information. Such things have happened-I'm sure.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 641
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 2:47:17 AM   
06 Maestro

August
Army Report

It was a quiet month. There were but a few small skirmishes.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 642
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 2:54:15 AM   
06 Maestro

August
Strength Comparison

Austria is regaining some strength, but very little. The O.E. is recovering much more quickly-and the real effects of the levee in mass doctrine has barely just begun. It will be quite evident next month that something has happened. Some might suspect the arrival of new units-but that will not be the case. New soldiers are flowing in from every corner of the Empire.

Too bad we cannot have a view of the Austrian army. It would be shocking I'm sure.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 643
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 3:01:17 AM   
06 Maestro

August
Draft Pool

This is an unusual report regarding its contents. Normally there would be a group of about 10,000 (variable) drafted from a single province. Now, suddenly there are four provinces hit with the mass levee. It will not take long to rebuild the Army with replacements like these.

A side affect of such a draft system is the population could actually drop too fast. The Ottoman Empire is now down to 78 manpower. In 1792 is was about 140 IIRC. Before the start of this war it was around 120. Although there are some benefits to the lower manpower there are some risks involved too. Food production has been acordingly modified.

The combined draft target is actually 100,000-that number does not increase with the rest. The draft was also just increased-so the actual number will be over 100,000.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 10/18/2010 3:03:11 AM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 644
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 3:09:44 AM   
06 Maestro

August
Political Report

The news of the Ottoman doctrine upgrade goes out to the other nation. My good ally, the Emperor of France, has chosen a very good doctrine for his forces.

It is clear that the other European powers that had pumped in a river of gold to Austria have tired o the effort. Only Spain persists, but in lessor amounts.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 10/18/2010 3:10:00 AM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 645
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 3:20:11 AM   
06 Maestro

August
Economy

The budget is balanced, but there are serious limitations due to the continued costs of the war. When peace returns it will be possible to drastically reduce the draft rate. The levee in mass doctrine adds flexibility in this area.

The unit cost increase is as high as I would like to let it get to. No new units are planned, but one artillery unit is still being trained. It will be available December. Austria doe have some Ottoman divisions as PoW's. They must amount to 1/2 dozen. After the war the Ottoman Empire will be at its mobb limits-not counting the effects of any new provinces.

The Sultan is considering pushing through some feudal reforms-again. This was done twice in the early years. In eac case it was a painful road. The real benefits are not at all clear.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 646
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 3:25:22 AM   
06 Maestro

August
Trade

Due to an improved diplomatic relationship with France, trade might be possible. Work has been done to improve relations on both ends. Hopefully these new offers will be accepted. France needs spice, and the O.E. needs gold.
The price seems a bit low-however,it is my intention to help France-not to get rich off of it. 30 spice should give it a double consumption each month-giving it a good boost in moral-which it needs. France is still sending subsidies to the O.E. anyway. That more than makes up for low price for an item that the Empire is awash in.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 10/20/2010 4:32:17 AM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 647
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/18/2010 4:05:02 AM   
06 Maestro

Battle History

The list is self explanatory. However, the "Our Casualties" column refers to the Ottoman Empire.

In addition to the battle losses there were at least 75,000 foraging losses and additional 10's of thousands in march attrition. The large pre war reserves that were built up are long gone.

One thing to consider while reading the history log-it does not take into consideration units that have surrendered. I have 7 Austrian divisions as PoW's and am now using some of their artillery. Austria has taken at least 6 of my divisions-possibly some very good ones too. These losses are not counted in the history log.

There are too many MIA's to have an accurate count of casualties. I would estimate that total Ottoman casualties in this war amount to well over 200,000-perhaps as high as 250,000.

Addit: I had posted an economic report one month before this war began. It has the population listed. The current manpower is approximately 330,000 less than at the start of the war. Factoring in manpower growth of one new point every two months (minimum) and each equates about 10,000 men that equals another 130,000 men. The sub total of manpower reduction is now 460,000 men. The army is currently about 100,000 short of full strength. I should add the 60,000 ready reserves which were available at the start of the war also. This brings the total loss to approximately 620,000 troops in 2 years and 2 months of war. This is a tad bit more than I anticipated-this war is not cheap in any way. Some strength will be recovered along with the surrendered units at the end of the war. Those may not amount to 50,000 though. Counting the returning troops-assuming there is ever a surrender might reduce total losses to about 550,000. This is actually a disgrace. Things will have be done differently in the future.

I did take some action regarding the dropping manpower. Food production was increased somewhat. It is now clear that the Sultan needs to put manpower growth on a high priority very soon. Another war with similar losses in the near future just might cause an implosion of the Empires economy-and total defeat.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 10/18/2010 6:10:52 AM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 648
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 4:31:33 AM   
06 Maestro

September, 1807

The Ottoman Empire lags in 4th place yet, but not for long. Austria will fall drastically very soon and Great Britain has lost its advantage in monthly improvements in this area-it will be overtaken soon. Only the dastardly Spanish King is still pulling further into the lead. The primary reason for that is his occupation of various French lands-that will not continue indefinably.

No provincial improvements were completed. There was actually only a handful ongoing for almost a year now-the strain of the war. As the war is winding now some resources are being put back into the provinces.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 649
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 4:37:52 AM   
06 Maestro

September
South Austria

The situation has not changed. The Austrians are holding out in the mountains while they gather the remnants together.

The Ottoman forces are nursing their strength. It is hard to get enthusiastic about another costly battle when there is no need for it to achieve finale victory. My only concern is that the Austrian will make a suicide charge against the badly depleted Ottoman 2nd Army in Carniola. The outcome of such a battle is not 1005 assured to be in the O.E.'s favor. However, it should be about 90%.

I hope the day does not come that I regret not finishing them off completely at this time.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 10/20/2010 4:38:09 AM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 650
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 4:43:25 AM   
06 Maestro

September
Battle Reports

It seems the good King KingMaker of Great Britain has run into some more bad luck. The Prussian Army has decisively defeated him at Hanover. The British King must be quite distraught over this entire situation. Prussia would have been humbled for many years if the British did not come to its aid fighting Russia. The Prussian King dos not need a big brother it seems.

Great Britain will ow really need some help from a continental power. I wonder who will step forward?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 651
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 4:49:28 AM   
06 Maestro

Battle History

As there were a couple more somewhat important battles not included in the last history log, it needs to be shown again.

The Battle of Hanover was a decisive victory-those are rare. I was somewhat surprised by that outcome. It looked as if the British Army had an advantage in doctrines. If Hanover was in Prussian territory that would explain it as Prussia (like Austria) has the "patriotism" doctrine. Fanatics-one and all. Prussia does have an interesting combination of fast line marching, flanking fire and wheel training. There just might be some wisdom in such a combination...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 652
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 4:56:08 AM   
06 Maestro

October, 1807
Glory Standings

The Ottoman Empire has finally overtaken Austria in glory! It has been a very long road. Its drop is actually much more acute than what is shown here as it has just SURRENDERED!

Also, very importantly, Great Britain has a small lead that will evaporate very soon. Spain is the only Empire blocking the Ottoman Empire from its rightful place as the leading empire on earth.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 653
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 4:59:57 AM   
06 Maestro

October
Diplomacy

As the British have withdrawn from the continent peace has actually returned. I wonder how long it will last.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 654
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 5:10:24 AM   
06 Maestro

October
Terms of Surrender

The Ottoman Empire had about 15,500 victory points to use in its demands on Austria. Only 10,500 (approx) were used. The benevolence and mercy of the Sultan knows no bounds.
Had Austria surrendered a year ago it would still have an empire, but Emperor Matto chose to fight on. Had Austria accepted the offer even 2 months ago it would have perhaps maintained its empire status, but Emperor Matto chose to fight on.

I have chosen 5 provinces (could have taken 9), a small reduction in fortifications (10) and 14% of Austria's income for a year. Had he accepted my offer 2 months ago it would have only been 5%. Someone must pay for the continuation of a lost war-preferably the Austrians.

So, in the very near future the Crescent Moon will fly over the citadel in Krajina-again. The province of Cariola will perhaps be useful in assisting applying pressure to my allies enemy-Spain.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 655
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 5:14:18 AM   
06 Maestro

October
Treaties

I had offered to help the British King in some small non combat capacity. A depot sharing treaty seemed the best way of doing that.

There was an existing depot sharing treaty with Russia already, but it just-went away. That seems to happen with the depot treaty. Not sure if it is treason or what, but it happens.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 656
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 5:16:56 AM   
06 Maestro

October
Austrian Glory

Austria's days of being a leader in Europe are over. It will trail Russia now. It did not have to be like this-it has come to pass.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 657
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 5:20:39 AM   
06 Maestro

October
Central Europe

There are two new countries. Bavaria broke away from Austria with 3 provinces and Saxony with 2 more. There may very well be rebellions breaking out in Poland soon.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 658
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 5:26:25 AM   
06 Maestro

October
Austrian Army

This is all that remains of the once mighty Austrian Army. It seems to have recovered a bit in the few months of rest. There are perhaps 20 more divisions spread around at this time-including the 7 pow divisions which the O.E. held. It may very well be that Austria could field an army of over 300,000 troops in the not too distant future. That will not be of any concern to me until the late spring of 1809. There is a little problem of France being exposed for a few months to possible Austrian vengeance while I can do nothing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 659
RE: Janissaries Forward! - 10/20/2010 5:28:53 AM   
06 Maestro

October
Political Reports

Austria surrendered because it had to. There was no successful dialog...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Janissaries Forward! Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI