Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 23 June

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: 23 June Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 9:14:22 AM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

I cannot think of a single courier service which has not screwed me in some way.

I ordered an item off e-bay earlier this year and a couple of days later I got a message from the vendor saying that my package was on a truck that had been involved in a road accident!!

Apparently they were going to have to gather up the load (from all over the countryside presumably) and take it back to the depot for sorting which was going to take over a week. Fortunately the vendor came to the party and immediately sent me another item. Still it shows that nothing goes to plan......

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 181
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 10:23:36 AM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

why?

and why?

if you dont mind me asking

1) His sig and avatar are references to Stephen Colbert, a political satirist. Although it appears that political satire and sarcasm do not translate well overseas as T seems an unlikely Colbert fan (IMO).

2) I don't support sweatshops and am against Globalization. I'm sure that's as far as I can go into the subject on here unfortunately.

good lord im woefully uneducated - the back of Terminus's head is satirical?

and thanks for replying - im a digital download fan but thats because im impatient not because im anti sweatshop but as you say lets stop right there!

< Message edited by undercovergeek -- 7/1/2009 5:50:48 PM >

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 182
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 10:46:05 AM   
IronWarrior

quote:

good lord im woefully uneductaed - the back of Terminus's head is satirical?

and thanks for replying - im a digital download fan but thats because im impatient not because im anti sweatshop but as you say lets stop right there!

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 183
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 3:37:04 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

why?

and why?

1) His sig and avatar are references to Stephen Colbert, a political satirist. Although it appears that political satire and sarcasm do not translate well overseas as T seems an unlikely Colbert fan (IMO).

2) I don't support sweatshops and am against Globalization. I'm sure that's as far as I can go into the subject on here unfortunately.

Let's see how wrong that other poster was. The back of my head, including the cartoon eyes, has nothing to do with my sig, which I chose because I thought it was funny when he said it.

Oh, and why would I need to have political satire "translated"? I'm just ever so slightly better than averagely well informed on US and world events.

There's nothing political about any of it, and you CAN'T TALK ABOUT POLITICS ON THIS FORUM. THE END.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 184
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 6:34:01 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

why?

and why?

Let's see how wrong that other poster was. The back of my head, including the cartoon eyes, has nothing to do with my sig, which I chose because I thought it was funny when he said it.

Oh, and why would I need to have political satire "translated"? I'm just ever so slightly better than averagely well informed on US and world events.

There's nothing political about any of it, and you CAN'T TALK ABOUT POLITICS ON THIS FORUM. THE END.

Still a magnificent orb!...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 185
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 10:08:02 PM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: byron13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Look, I posted just a couple of weeks ago saying we were probably looking at a July release based on the timeline of the printed manuals. For the last two months there has been constant AAR activity from the test team here as well as about a quarter of the manual being posted as a free preview. This to you constitutes "zero to no buzz"? Wow.

I also gave a very narrow ballpark for the price (less than WITP but not by much). I also said that delays at this point would be weeks or days, not months.

When we're prepared to post a release date and final pricing, we will. All I will say now is that a July release is the date we are aiming for and we are currently working with the AE team on a release candidate. The manuals are on the boat and depending on when they arrive in our warehouses (which we'll know more about as time goes on) will allow us to know when the release date will be exactly (yes, we don't know for certain yet either).

The only way that we would miss July is if Customs decided for some reason to sit on the manuals for a few weeks. Nothing in the actual game development/release candidate/gold master process looks like it is going to need more time than that.

Oh and for the record, there are no "corporate types" at Matrix, at least in the way people usually intend that particular phrase to be taken as something other than a compliment. We are all wargamers and heavily engaged in the games we publish.

Regards,

- Erik

<grins at Erik's apparent naivete>

Erik, Erik. You've got it all wrong. Give us more credit. We're just . . . . negotiating. Kinda like the Iranians and the North Koreans. We whine enough and you give us something. Now, I shouldn't be giving our secrets away, but here's how it works:

Tomorrow someone designated by the collective will start a thread questioning whether the game really exists. Others that understand the process jump in with similar concerns and rumors of rumors (for the Commonwealth folk: rumours of rumours). Then somebody says, "If we could see the rest of the manual posted, THEN I would believe it isn't vaporware!" And to shut everyone up, Erik posts the rest of the manual. Simple.

Now it doesn't have to work this way. We can do the whole pointless build-up as called for in the script, or we can just cut to the chase and you can post the entire manual. But, of course, you can't give us everything we've asked for, so you'll agree to meet us halfway and post another, say, quarter of the manual. And with the July 4th weekend coming up (that is a worldwide holiday, isn't it?) you'll be a hero posting it beforehand so we'll have an excuse to not go to the in-laws' bbq.

It's inevitable. Don't fight it. Just post it. And don't take us too seriously.

And for the English: you can have us back if you'll agree to take on our national debt. I'm ready to be a member of the Commonwealth; it sounds so . . . friendly. Being the Great Satan is getting old. But only if we can keep football. Real football. You know: American football. And you agree to call the other game soccer.

"Tomorrow someone designated by the collective...." Now bryon13, you know you were not supposed to let Matrix know about the collective.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to byron13)
Post #: 186
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 10:16:03 PM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheOx

We're gettign off-topic! Wheres the game?!

Well of course we are. These are the WiTP forums, I am not sure I have ever seen a thread go beyond 1 page that did not in part stray from the topic at hand. That is one reason I like these threads so much

Speaking of which we have a new brew pub here that produces some great craft beers. However they only sell their beer in a few select restaurants. I am going by later today to see if they will sell me some by the keg for my big 4th of July shindig.

< Message edited by stuman -- 7/1/2009 10:42:27 PM >

(in reply to TheOx)
Post #: 187
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 10:40:40 PM   
Andy Mac

Going as fast as we can guys not delayign deliberately

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 188
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 10:51:52 PM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

We know ( at least the vast majority do. ) Heck, I am amazed that we have such a large and talented group working for as long and hard as they are FOR FREE on a game I am enjoying.

And since I still do not know how to play stock well, I do not even care that much when AE comes out. ( oops, maybe I should not have mentioned that ).

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 189
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 10:56:54 PM   
Terminus

Actually, you might as well hear it now. AE IS finished, but we've decided to delay releasing it until the autumn. Sometime in late October, early November probably. Nobody really wants to play it over the summer anyway...

I've taken up croquet and Warhammer Online in the meantime...

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 190
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 11:14:21 PM   
kaleun

That's all right. Mu game with Halsey will probably not be done until then.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 191
RE: 23 June - 7/1/2009 11:29:10 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

Actually, you might as well hear it now. AE IS finished, but we've decided to delay releasing it until the autumn. Sometime in late October, early November probably. Nobody really wants to play it over the summer anyway...

Why not wait till Christmas? We can wait......

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 192
RE: 23 June - 7/2/2009 12:05:21 AM   
Lützow

quote:

I knew it. It was all part of an evil complot in order to keep WitP AE in sole possession of beta testers, so noone ever get to play it. And I'm pretty sure the story about manuals coming from China is a fairy tale as well.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 193
RE: 23 June - 7/2/2009 12:49:35 AM   
rockmedic109

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

quote:

I knew it. It was all part of an evil complot in order to keep WitP AE in sole possession of beta testers, so noone ever get to play it. And I'm pretty sure the story about manuals coming from China is a fairy tale as well.

The problem is that the manuals will have to be sent back for reprinting. They were printed in Chinese.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 194
RE: 23 June - 7/2/2009 9:29:30 AM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

quote:

Actually, the REAL AE is only in the hands of the development team. The game we let the betas play with is about 10 builds behind what we have...

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 195
RE: 23 June - 7/2/2009 7:42:19 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

We know ( at least the vast majority do. ) Heck, I am amazed that we have such a large and talented group working for as long and hard as they are FOR FREE on a game I am enjoying.

And since I still do not know how to play stock well, I do not even care that much when AE comes out. ( oops, maybe I should not have mentioned that ).

So I assume Matrix won't be charging us for the AE mod? Thought not.

While I think its great these guys are willing to donate their talent without asking for compensation to a company whose goal is to make a profit, because in the end it benefits me. But let's not confuse ourselves here...Matrix is in it for the money. SO when the customer base comes to the forums and asks why about this or that? That should be okay. It is now July. Erik has said the last two weeks of July. I assume that means that we will get the usual marketing volley of information about the game sometime next week.

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 196
RE: 23 June - 7/2/2009 9:13:39 PM   
OldCoot

Not to worry. The manuals are on the way.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 197
RE: 23 June - 7/2/2009 11:22:29 PM   
tocaff

I have reports of a certain "slow boat from China" becalmed and the aux engine doesn't work.  Don't fret though as this is only the 1st printing of the AE manuals and they are water logged anyhow as the junk leaks.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to OldCoot)
Post #: 198
Where are those manuals again????? - 7/3/2009 7:44:01 AM   
Reg

I think this might be closer to the truth.......

Sitting in a freight yard somewhere (hopefully not mislaid...).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Reg -- 7/3/2009 7:50:00 AM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 199
RE: Where are those manuals again????? - 7/3/2009 9:16:33 PM   
captskillet

Not to worry here's a shot of the able boddied Capt. and his first mate.......................everything is gonna be ok!

now if you could be marooned with AE and Mary-Ann or even Ginger..............think about it!!!!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by captskillet -- 7/3/2009 9:19:15 PM >

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 200
RE: Where are those manuals again????? - 7/3/2009 11:49:53 PM   
stuman

I think those two guys, and their clones, have been leading most of my TF lately. It explains a lot of things.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 201
RE: 23 June - 7/4/2009 1:05:22 AM   
byron13

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman

quote:

quote:

Look, I posted just a couple of weeks ago saying we were probably looking at a July release based on the timeline of the printed manuals. For the last two months there has been constant AAR activity from the test team here as well as about a quarter of the manual being posted as a free preview. This to you constitutes "zero to no buzz"? Wow.

I also gave a very narrow ballpark for the price (less than WITP but not by much). I also said that delays at this point would be weeks or days, not months.

When we're prepared to post a release date and final pricing, we will. All I will say now is that a July release is the date we are aiming for and we are currently working with the AE team on a release candidate. The manuals are on the boat and depending on when they arrive in our warehouses (which we'll know more about as time goes on) will allow us to know when the release date will be exactly (yes, we don't know for certain yet either).

The only way that we would miss July is if Customs decided for some reason to sit on the manuals for a few weeks. Nothing in the actual game development/release candidate/gold master process looks like it is going to need more time than that.

Oh and for the record, there are no "corporate types" at Matrix, at least in the way people usually intend that particular phrase to be taken as something other than a compliment. We are all wargamers and heavily engaged in the games we publish.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik, Erik. You've got it all wrong. Give us more credit. We're just . . . . negotiating. Kinda like the Iranians and the North Koreans. We whine enough and you give us something. Now, I shouldn't be giving our secrets away, but here's how it works:

Tomorrow someone designated by the collective will start a thread questioning whether the game really exists. Others that understand the process jump in with similar concerns and rumors of rumors (for the Commonwealth folk: rumours of rumours). Then somebody says, "If we could see the rest of the manual posted, THEN I would believe it isn't vaporware!" And to shut everyone up, Erik posts the rest of the manual. Simple.

Now it doesn't have to work this way. We can do the whole pointless build-up as called for in the script, or we can just cut to the chase and you can post the entire manual. But, of course, you can't give us everything we've asked for, so you'll agree to meet us halfway and post another, say, quarter of the manual. And with the July 4th weekend coming up (that is a worldwide holiday, isn't it?) you'll be a hero posting it beforehand so we'll have an excuse to not go to the in-laws' bbq.

And for the English: you can have us back if you'll agree to take on our national debt. I'm ready to be a member of the Commonwealth; it sounds so . . . friendly. Being the Great Satan is getting old. But only if we can keep football. Real football. You know: American football. And you agree to call the other game soccer.

"Tomorrow someone designated by the collective...." Now bryon13, you know you were not supposed to let Matrix know about the collective.

I thought it was so obvious at this point that no one would mind. But something's gone wrong. Despite the plan agreed to by everyone at the "AE is Vaporware" convention we had at the Holiday Inn two weekends ago, no one has started that thread. Now it's July 3rd, and the rest of the manual hasn't been posted on-line. I've got nothing to read over the weekend! I'll actually have to go to that darned barbecue! Didn't Erik understand how this was supposed to work?

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 202
RE: 23 June - 7/4/2009 1:06:48 AM   
byron13

quote:

Or maybe this was the Vaporware post. Was Terminus at the convention?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 203
RE: 23 June - 7/4/2009 2:45:06 AM   
stuman

quote:

quote:

Or maybe this was the Vaporware post. Was Terminus at the convention?

Well, to be honest, I started drinking those Mai Tais ( damn Holiday Inn bartender made them too sweet ) , started flirting with that coacktail waitress ( she was not cute afterall ) and really do not remember all of that much. T and Erik may have been there, or maybe they were figments of our imaginations.

(in reply to byron13)
Post #: 204
RE: 23 June - 7/23/2009 3:47:27 AM   
byron13

quote:

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

Guess it's time to start that vaporware thread to force the release of the manual. Er, wait . . . they've already released the manual. Um . . . I know. A Demo! Yeah, that's the ticket! We demand that Matrix let us download a demo of AE or . . . or . . . or else. A demo of the first three days of the war. Leave out China. I'm sure you guys can just whip that up in a couple of hours, right?

(in reply to byron13)
Post #: 205
RE: 23 June - 7/23/2009 3:50:08 AM   
rroberson

quote:

Guess it's time to start that vaporware thread to force the release of the manual. Er, wait . . . they've already released the manual. Um . . . I know. A Demo! Yeah, that's the ticket! We demand that Matrix let us download a demo of AE or . . . or . . . or else. A demo of the first three days of the war. Leave out China. I'm sure you guys can just whip that up in a couple of hours, right?

I wish they could leave out china.

I hate the place.

(in reply to byron13)
Post #: 206
RE: 23 June - 7/23/2009 3:28:35 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

I wish they could leave out china.

I hate the place.

I love China All those free resources just waiting for me to scoop up. But then I play the Japanese and haven't played a game into 43 yet so I love being the Japanese

Xargun

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 207
RE: 23 June - 7/23/2009 3:33:19 PM   
DivePac88

I love playing the Allies, and bogging the Jap down in China (Cat herding defense).

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 208
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: 23 June Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI