Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  630 631 [632] 633 634   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:29:18 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Congrats, Yuri!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 18931
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:31:27 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

So how are things Martin? We haven't seen you quite as much as usual lately. Family and job keeping you busy?

You could say that I'm on another course, so I've only really got weekends off for a while.

So your away from Brize Norton?

No, it's a course run by the RAF here at Brize. The RB-211 Q-course, happy times. It's worth some decent stuff out in civvy street though, with the equivalent civvy qualification I could almost emigrate to Canada with that alone And I've got 3 of them, although I'm not sure why I'd want to go to Canada.

duplicate posting--deleted.

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 3/6/2010 9:35:08 PM >

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 18932
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:32:36 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I just noticed something on my second play-through of DAO. In the first game, my male warrior had Morrigan the witch as his lover, while in this game, my female elf rogue has Lelianna the bard as her lover.

When my former character kissed Morrigan, she kept her eyes open. When my current character kisses Lelianna, she has her eyes closed.

Nice touch again, Bioware; good subtle display of the difference between the two NPCs.

I've not noticed that, although my char seems to have got Alistair interested in her so...

My first run through ended up with a romance with Morrigan, and some other stuff It all turned out OK in the end mind.

I told Morrigan I wouldn't go through with her "plan" at the end, and she scarpered. I don't believe for a second that she was sincere in her feelings for my character.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 18933
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:33:26 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So how are things Martin? We haven't seen you quite as much as usual lately. Family and job keeping you busy?

You could say that I'm on another course, so I've only really got weekends off for a while.

No, it's a course run by the RAF here at Brize. The RB-211 Q-course, happy times. It's worth some decent stuff out in civvy street though, with the equivalent civvy qualification I could almost emigrate to Canada with that alone And I've got 3 of them, although I'm not sure why I'd want to go to Canada.

For the hockey, of course!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 18934
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:33:35 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The 1980's were an era where some of us liked the music and girls (please try NOT to throw up Kristian, I know your feelings on the subject). But the 1970's were the polyester uears , and the 1990's were the age of rap. The 1980's were to me a brief oaisis.

The 90s were certainly not all rap.

You liked grunge, didn't you? 'fess up!

I'm going to agree with Steve on this, it was not all rap. We had Oasis, Blur, The Verve, Pulp, Ocean Colour Scene, Stone Roses, James, Garbage, Men at Work. There was some good stuff towards the end as well, the Stereophonics and Travis.

And, er, Take That, Boyzone and the Spice Girls

I've got to admit to a bit of 80's nostalgia though. The Clash, Elvis Costello, Genesis. Dear Thread I'm uncool And the Kinks.

If liking The Clash, Elvis Costello, Genesis and the Kinks is "uncool", I guess that's what I am. Blur, Garbage and The Verve were good.

Loathed Oasis, though. My Good Thread, they sucked.

I liked Oasis, they peaked with What's the Story. Their recent stuff was pretty pants really, except the importance of being idle. But that's just one song.

I think the only band since 2000 that's made it onto my playlist is the Kaiser Chiefs. The Verve stopped me from going mental in Al Udeid a couple of summers ago, almost every radio station was playing Kid Rock's song. BFBS was playing Love is Noise instead.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18935
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:34:21 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, there are some nice places in Canada , but if you are thinking of switching to the Canadian Armed forces I'm not sure you'd find the same satisfaction as you have in the RAF. I've found that the smaller the forces, the less the oportunities.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 18936
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:35:26 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just noticed something on my second play-through of DAO. In the first game, my male warrior had Morrigan the witch as his lover, while in this game, my female elf rogue has Lelianna the bard as her lover.

When my former character kissed Morrigan, she kept her eyes open. When my current character kisses Lelianna, she has her eyes closed.

Nice touch again, Bioware; good subtle display of the difference between the two NPCs.

I've not noticed that, although my char seems to have got Alistair interested in her so...

My first run through ended up with a romance with Morrigan, and some other stuff It all turned out OK in the end mind.

I told Morrigan I wouldn't go through with her "plan" at the end, and she scarpered. I don't believe for a second that she was sincere in her feelings for my character.

I went through with it, I didn't have much choice or I'd have been mageless. And upset Alistair enough to make him leave. And I killed Wynne and Zevran early in the game. Shale did well for me though, not bad for a freebie

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18937
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:36:46 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

For the hockey, of course!

Yeah Dixie. Canadian forces base Greenwood used to have a huge indoor hockey rink. The biggest thing on the base!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 18938
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:36:57 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, there are some nice places in Canada , but if you are thinking of switching to the Canadian Armed forces I'm not sure you'd find the same satisfaction as you have in the RAF. I've found that the smaller the forces, the less the oportunities.

I'm happy where I am, for now. Maybe if I didn't have a family to look after I'd consider moving into civvy street, but a guaranteed 25k is better than a maybe 50k.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18939
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:38:02 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm happy where I am, for now. Maybe if I didn't have a family to look after I'd consider moving into civvy street, but a guaranteed 25k is better than a maybe 50k.

Very good point. And there is always after you retire!

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 18940
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:41:37 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I went through with it, I didn't have much choice or I'd have been mageless. And upset Alistair enough to make him leave. And I killed Wynne and Zevran early in the game. Shale did well for me though, not bad for a freebie

I DID end up mageless for the battle of Denerim. Won it all the same, even though both Alistair and Morrigan had left me, and Wynne and Zevran had been put in unmarked graves.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 18941
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:47:58 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I DID end up mageless for the battle of Denerim. Won it all the same, even though both Alistair and Morrigan had left me, and Wynne and Zevran had been put in unmarked graves.

Unmarked graves? That's a little cold isn't it?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18942
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:49:18 PM   
Onime No Kyo

http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2010/03/-old-jews-telling-jokes-is-back/36829/?rss=36829

(PG13)

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 18943
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:50:07 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I had originally planned to save up money to buy a new PC sometime in the next year, but you can't really beat instant gratification. Okay, semi-instant, because I don't get it until Wednesday.

Ah, that rare occasion when the UPS guy (or the local equivalent) becomes your best friend.

Actually, there's a computer shop in my apartment building, where I buy all my hardware. When you have to lug a 20lb computer home without a motorized vehicle, it helps if the walk takes all of 3 minutes.

That certainly handy. And if (Thread forbid) it doesnt work, the return process is very easy.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18944
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:50:49 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Unmarked graves? That's a little cold isn't it?

Not at all. Wynne said I could proceed with my critical mission over her dead body, and I took her up on it. Zevran betrayed me and tried to kill me; he paid for his second failed attempt on my life with his own.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18945
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:51:47 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

The 1980's were an era where some of us liked the music and girls (please try NOT to throw up Kristian, I know your feelings on the subject). But the 1970's were the polyester uears , and the 1990's were the age of rap. The 1980's were to me a brief oaisis.

Some of it. I was listening to the radio recently and The Cranberries came on (Zombie). You have to admit it was a pretty good song.

EDIT: Well, OK, that wasnt grunge. But it was good 90s music.

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 3/6/2010 9:52:27 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18946
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:52:55 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2010/03/-old-jews-telling-jokes-is-back/36829/?rss=36829

(PG13)

Oh that's just bad!

Post #: 18947
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:53:51 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope! Even after living for two years in Fleattle I never learned to like it!

You wernt a HS kid so you obviously missed the (admittedly limited) appeal.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18948
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:55:03 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

I'm going to agree with Steve on this, it was not all rap. We had Oasis, Blur, The Verve, Pulp, Ocean Colour Scene, Stone Roses, James, Garbage, Men at Work. There was some good stuff towards the end as well, the Stereophonics and Travis.

And, er, Take That, Boyzone and the Spice Girls

I've got to admit to a bit of 80's nostalgia though. The Clash, Elvis Costello, Genesis. Dear Thread I'm uncool And the Kinks.

And dance music got good towards the end of the decade.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 18949
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:55:37 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Some of it. I was listening to the radio recently and The Cranberries came on (Zombie). You have to admit it was a pretty good song.

Excellent song.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I was a grunge fan: Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. Loathed Nirvana; Kurt Cobain was the epitome of scumbagginess...

Post #: 18950
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:56:17 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

I think you could use a little less immersion.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18951
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:56:24 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope! Even after living for two years in Fleattle I never learned to like it!

You wernt a HS kid so you obviously missed the (admittedly limited) appeal.

Yuri ,I was a high school kid in the early 70's. We had DISCO! And as bad as that was, I still couldn't appreciate grunge!

Post #: 18952
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:56:43 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Morning Air attack on Perth , at 49,147

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 120 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 51 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 46
B5N2 Kate x 142

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk IA x 24
P-39D Airacobra x 68
P-40E Warhawk x 57
F4F-3A Wildcat x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 11 destroyed
B5N2 Kate: 74 destroyed, 22 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Kittyhawk IA: 1 destroyed
P-39D Airacobra: 2 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 2 destroyed

Allied Ships
xAK Nicholas van Vonn, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Port hits 1

... too bad I lost that xAK ...

AI?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 18953
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:58:58 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Congrats, Yuri!

Spam it is.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 18954
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:59:07 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

I think you could use a little less immersion.

And get what instead? The so-called real world? I have that Monday through Friday from 6 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. I see sick and dying people every day; I talk to crying people on the phone every day. Pardon me for wanting to switch off when I take off my scrubs in the afternoon.

Post #: 18955
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 9:59:27 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Morning Air attack on Perth , at 49,147

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 120 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 51 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 46
B5N2 Kate x 142

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk IA x 24
P-39D Airacobra x 68
P-40E Warhawk x 57
F4F-3A Wildcat x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 11 destroyed
B5N2 Kate: 74 destroyed, 22 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Kittyhawk IA: 1 destroyed
P-39D Airacobra: 2 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 2 destroyed

Allied Ships
xAK Nicholas van Vonn, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Port hits 1

... too bad I lost that xAK ...

AI?

Nope. PBEM. I think I could safely pronounce that the KB threat has lessened a little ...

I had my suspicions that my opp would try to do a port attack on Perth while I was doing the Apr 42 upgrades, so I set a little fighter trap. Worked perfectly as you can see.

< Message edited by Grollub -- 3/6/2010 10:01:01 PM >

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Post #: 18956
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:00:38 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Excellent song.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I was a grunge fan: Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. Loathed Nirvana; Kurt Cobain was the epitome of scumbagginess...

Never got into grunge or Nirvana. Another band I couldn't get into is the Rolling Stones.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18957
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:00:48 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

I liked Oasis, they peaked with What's the Story. Their recent stuff was pretty pants really, except the importance of being idle. But that's just one song.

I think the only band since 2000 that's made it onto my playlist is the Kaiser Chiefs. The Verve stopped me from going mental in Al Udeid a couple of summers ago, almost every radio station was playing Kid Rock's song. BFBS was playing Love is Noise instead.

OK. So if "pants" is bad, does "skirts" mean good? And what is the opposite of "dog's bollocks"?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 18958
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:03:14 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

(PG13)

Oh that's just bad!

Glad you liked it.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 18959
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/6/2010 10:07:52 PM   
Grollub

quote:

(PG13)

*groan*

... but maybe you should've posted it the "geezer" thread instead

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Post #: 18960
Page:   <<   < prev  630 631 [632] 633 634   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  630 631 [632] 633 634   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI