Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/19/2002 3:00:23 AM   
chief

pwdood: Can't help you on the first part of your question, but as far as the MC goes you never use the Purchase screen, your forces are supplied for each scenario or version of scenario you choose. HTH till someone more knowledgeable comes along.:) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to SSgtUSMC)
Post #: 31
- 6/27/2002 2:20:58 AM   
plaunchbury

My copy (Lost Victories & Desert Fox) upgraded to 7.1 running under XP Professional crashes on a fairly consistent basis too.. (often hard-resets the PC, other times just dumps me back to desktop).

Details:

AMD 600 processor, 256M RAM.
Matrox G400 graphics (32M RAM, driver version 5.12.01.1720).
Soundblaster Live Value driver (version 5.1.2602.0)

Nothing else fancy in the way of hardware except a SCSI card with attached burner..

Cheers,
Phil

(in reply to SSgtUSMC)
Post #: 32
- 6/27/2002 4:14:54 AM   
Supervisor

plaunchbury: which was installed first MCNA or LV and when LV was installed was it a full install or just a MegaCampaign install.

(in reply to SSgtUSMC)
Post #: 33
- 6/27/2002 4:42:19 AM   
plaunchbury

I think it was Lost Victories first.. (whichever was the earliest version - I can't remember!)

5.3 first then 6.1?

And when I put the later one on I did a full install. Then went up the upgrade path to 7.0 then 7.1 (then reinstalled back to 7.0 to see if it would cure the problem..)

cheers,
Phil

(in reply to SSgtUSMC)
Post #: 34
- 6/27/2002 5:24:23 AM   
Supervisor

How much HD space do you have left? Defrag it, error check it. Disable all additonal background running programs. Delete the steel.prf and holder.txt(if you have one) files from the MatrixGames\SPWAW\save folder. Disable all sounds during the game in the preference screen. See if there is any newer sound card/video card drivers availabe. The SB Live card has possed lots of problems for SPWAW gamers with no clear explination on why. Make sure your running the game in 800x600x16 resolution which is what the game was designed to run in. Try running the game in compatibility mode (Win 98 is preferred) The proper installation sequence should have been MCNA first LV full install next followed by SPWAW 7.1 upgrade and then any Mega patches. If you can afford the time try unistalling the entire game and then reinstall it, sometimes things don't always take the first time and some files and updates don't always get replaced properly. Let me know if any of this helps and then I'll go from there.

(in reply to SSgtUSMC)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI