Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 3/4/2003 6:24:10 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

Goto Tankheads site

[URL=http://www.tankhead.ca/SPWaW/downloads.asp]http://www.tankhead.ca/SPWaW/downloads.asp[/URL]

and scroll down to my 'Campaign Fixer' application.

This works for any MegaCampaign, not just MCNA.
It is a simple GUI application to edit the values of the leaders back to something more reasonable......

Anthony

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 61
- 3/4/2003 7:34:00 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Thanks Antony..very very usefull!!!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 62
- 7/18/2003 10:17:44 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

A possible MCNA/Watchtower bug:

[IMG]http://www.mchd.com/mosquito.gif[/IMG] :D:D

(Sorry! Couldn't resist.)

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 63
- 8/2/2003 12:12:55 AM   
RichardTheFirst

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Anthony
[B]Goto Tankheads site

[URL=http://www.tankhead.ca/SPWaW/downloads.asp]http://www.tankhead.ca/SPWaW/downloads.asp[/URL]

and scroll down to my 'Campaign Fixer' application.

This works for any MegaCampaign, not just MCNA.
It is a simple GUI application to edit the values of the leaders back to something more reasonable......

Anthony [/B][/QUOTE]

Hello Anthony,

The link you posted isn't working (anymore). Can you send me a link to the Tankhead site? Thanks.

I'm having problems with Desert Fox (see the Desert Fox version thread) and would like to take a look at those patches.

Cheers,

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 64
- 8/4/2003 9:00:52 PM   
RichardTheFirst

Hi Gman, long time no see :) .

I think you would find interesting this thread [URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42682]here[/URL] .

One more bug to report: now I have one motorized mortar that doesn't fire indirect fire. It have ammunition, chose a spotter, do everything right. His fellow mortar X1 is firing but x0 isn't !!!!

Nice to see you.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 65
- 8/7/2003 9:49:36 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RichardTheFirst
[B]Hi Gman, long time no see :) .

I think you would find interesting this thread [URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42682]here[/URL] .

One more bug to report: now I have one motorized mortar that doesn't fire indirect fire. It have ammunition, chose a spotter, do everything right. His fellow mortar X1 is firing but x0 isn't !!!!

Nice to see you. [/B][/QUOTE]

you need to be more specific! Is it something you found in Lost Victories, Watchtower or Desert Fox??;) Which scenario/node??

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 66
- 8/8/2003 7:02:50 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

For those people looking for a copy of the Megacampaign leader fxiing utility, it can now be found on

[URL=http://users.bigpond.com/anthony.utano/SPWAW-MC-LeaderFixer.zip]Leader Fixing Program[/URL]

Give me a yell if there are problems.

Someone asked for German ranks to be added - sorry too hard in
my limited time.

Anthony

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 67
- 8/9/2003 8:17:12 AM   
RichardTheFirst

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RockinHarry
[B]you need to be more specific! Is it something you found in Lost Victories, Watchtower or Desert Fox??;) Which scenario/node?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Harry:

If you could have the trouble of following the link I provided (where it says "here") in my last message you will have all your questions answered.

The reason I posted this like this was to avoid repetition of messages whitin the same forum. What is the cost of a click????????

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 68
- 8/10/2003 8:40:00 PM   
RockinHarry

[B]Harry:

If you could have the trouble of following the link I provided (where it says "here") in my last message you will have all your questions answered.

The reason I posted this like this was to avoid repetition of messages whitin the same forum. What is the cost of a click???????? [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok..Desert Fox, the only one I did not participate. Can´t help then, sorry!:o

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 69
- 8/14/2003 8:23:56 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Well, I got no help from you guys so far regarding Desert Fox.

But I think this error is so serious that I really need help or I stop playing Desert Fox and never play a Mega Campaign again.

Here's the situation:

I finished with a Decisive Victory the 8th batte at Bir El Tenidor. Now I had the option of choosing for Derna 3 options:

- No option
- New mission - Free the prisioners
- New Mission - Get the boats

I decided for "Get the Boats" (seemed strategicaly more important) and clicked continue.

Some messages "Error Reading OOBxxx" begun passing very quickly and the game crashed.

Restarted the game and it appears that I'm at the "Free the Prisioners" battle!!!!!! At least there are some IT Prisioners, GE Prisioners, IT and GE Woundeds surronded by barbed wire and there is a GE EXIT HEX. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But more serious than that, my order of battle is now a mess. Let me explain:

A0 HQ Group Dietsl Col Dietsl - OK
B0 GE Rifle Sqd 2Lt Wildman - OK
B1 GE Rifle Sqd Sgt Hartueb - OK
B2 GE Rifle Sqd Sgt Krogel - OK
B3 GE MG34 MMG Sgt Wagner - OK
B4 SPW-251/10 Sgt Ziege - OK
B5 SPW-251/1 HT Sgt Stumpf - OK
B6 SPW-251/1 HT Sgt Gebhart - OK
B7 SPW-251/1 HT Sgt Schumacher - OK
C0 SdKfz-222 1Lt Schweitzer - OK
C1 SdKfz-222 Sgt Schwendt - OK
C2 SdKfz-222 Sgt Vebber - OK
C3 SdKfz-222 Sgt Naumann - driving unit D0 PzKpfw-IIIe
C4 SdKfz-222 Sgt Weisbach - driving unit D1 PzKpfw-IIIe
C5 SdKfz-222 Sgt Harmel - driving unit E0 PzKpfw-IIIe
D0 PzKpfw-IIIe Cpt Schurz - driving unit E1 PzKpfw-IIIe
D1 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Briel - driving unit E2 PzKpfw-IIIe
E0 PzKpfw-IIIe 1Lt Hoffman - driving unit E3 PzKpfw-IIIe
E1 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Weiss - driving unit E4 PzKpfw-IIIe
E2 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Bauman - driving unit F0 PzKpfw-IIIe
E3 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Hoernlein - driving unit F1 PzKpfw-IIIe
E4 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Schwartz - driving unit F2 PzKpfw-IIIe
F0 PzKpfw-IIIe 1Lt Steiner - driving unit F3 PzKpfw-IIIe
F1 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Frentzen - driving unit F4 PzKpfw-IIIe
F2 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Becker - not appearing
F3 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Kortenhaus - not appearing
F4 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Petereit - not appearing
G0 PzKpfw-IIIe 1Lt Bauer - not appearing
G1 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Kleemann - not appearing
G2 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Metzger - driving unit H0 PzKpfw-IVd
G3 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Letzelder - driving unit H1 PzKpfw-IVd
G4 PzKpfw-IIIe Sgt Boettcher- not appearing
H0 PzKpfw-IVd 1Lt Heidrich - leading unit J0 - Sp Ops Squad!
H1 PzKpfw-IVd Sgt Hitzelberger- leading unit K0 - Sp Ops Squad!
H2 PzKpfw-IVd Sgt Meyer- leading unit L0 - Sp Ops Squad!
H3 PzKpfw-IVd Sgt Wirth- leading unit M0 - Rifle Squad!

:mad: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? Is this going to continue for future battles? What is the point of following-up the careers of this soldiers if all is going to turn into a mess?

Decided I will not play anymore until I fix this.

[B]Please HELP![/B]

P.S. - I got the Leaders Fixing Utility provided by Anthony but I'm afraid of installing it now! Anyway I think it got nothing to do with this.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 70
- 8/14/2003 8:57:35 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

Sounds like you need to go back to a good save - you have been
making backups of the save games ??

Given the instabilities with the saving, I take a backup at least
once for each new battle.

If you don't have a save, maybe someelse playing DF can send you one - however all mine are long gone.

Anthony

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 71
- 8/14/2003 9:52:21 AM   
RichardTheFirst

In the old days, I used to make saves every game too.

But (hellas) I thought not having that advantage would be more challenging to my skills.

Didn't thought about b** problems :( :( :(

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 72
- 8/14/2003 9:56:07 AM   
RichardTheFirst

What I would like to know is if this is a OOB problem or something like that.

If it is, how can I fix it?

And, if I fix it, should it be ok for next battle?

I wouldn't mind fighting this battle like this if I know all is well in the future.

:confused:

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 73
- 8/14/2003 10:08:13 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Just as adicional information, in my OOB folder I have txt files all dated 09-09-2000.

It's really confusing the fixes and patches that are around. Can someone tell me everything I should install to have things as good as possible?????

Have 7.1 version, with DF Mega Campaign, with DF 1.1 upgrade and the 09-09-2000 OOB's. What do I need more?

:confused: :( :o :mad::confused: :( :o :mad: :confused: :( :o :mad:

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 74
- 8/14/2003 11:55:17 AM   
chief

Richard the 09 dated OObs are useless and are a hold over from a previous time. The OOBs you want are in the main Steel Panthers WAW folder and are dated 04/07/02.

About saving a word of advice "Do not" expect the Auto Save feature to work correctly, Save only manually and after a move, wait at least 30 seconds before ending game.

If that don't work someone smarter than me (thats everyone) will have to help you.

Oh yeah periodically delete your steel prf in the save folder its been known to do some funny things also. The game will reconstruct same.

Good Luck.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 75
- 8/14/2003 11:08:15 PM   
RichardTheFirst

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chief
[B]Richard the 09 dated OObs are useless and are a hold over from a previous time. The OOBs you want are in the main Steel Panthers WAW folder and are dated 04/07/02.

About saving a word of advice "Do not" expect the Auto Save feature to work correctly, Save only manually and after a move, wait at least 30 seconds before ending game.

If that don't work someone smarter than me (thats everyone) will have to help you.

Oh yeah periodically delete your steel prf in the save folder its been known to do some funny things also. The game will reconstruct same.

Good Luck. [/B][/QUOTE]

Someone in this Fórum told me that the good OOB's were the 09-2000 ones. And I installed it.

Anyway I saved the old ones in another folder but they are dated 25-03-2002.

Where can I find the 04-07-2002 ones? Or can anybody send a zip to me? My e-mail is [email]rpgomes@mail.telepac.pt[/email].

Will do as you say and be careful with autosaves and delete steel. prf from times to times. (By the way - does the game allow for manual saves??? When I tried that it always said that the game have auto-save and you can't save manually.... Will try again.)

Manitou be with you, Big Chief.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 76
- 8/14/2003 11:13:20 PM   
RichardTheFirst

[B]
Where can I find the 04-07-2002 ones? Or can anybody send a zip to me? My e-mail is [email]rpgomes@mail.telepac.pt[/email].
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, just found the 04-07-2002 in the SPWAW root folder (so this is the main folder ;) ), sorry didn't understood.

Shall I copy them to the OOB folder? What should I have in the OOB folder?

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 77
- 8/15/2003 12:02:33 AM   
chief

NO NO NO do not put the OOBs in the Mega Folder, they are part of the Game, the mega will use them when it needs to.

Now go to downloads, last box., right column, click on, and check all the possible downloads and see if you got them. I know you have the correct OOBs, recheck the other patches.....

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 78
- 8/15/2003 12:41:19 AM   
RichardTheFirst

[B]NO NO NO do not put the OOBs in the Mega Folder, they are part of the Game, the mega will use them when it needs to.

Now go to downloads, last box., right column, click on, and check all the possible downloads and see if you got them. I know you have the correct OOBs, recheck the other patches..... [/B][/QUOTE]

Chief,

I don't understand.

1 - My OOB sub-folder is under the SPWAW (main) folder, not under the MegaCam sub-folder. In my main folder I have OOB's dated 07-04-2002. In my OOB folder I have OOB's dated 09-09-2000

2 - I checked the page you told me. In there we have:

2.1 - [B]Patch[/B] (?) World at War complete games. size 439.09 Mb
(seems to be the complete SPWaW 7.1)

2.2 - [B]Mod[/B] Chlanda SPWaW Kit (I don't need this, I think)

2.3 - [B]Mod[/B] (?) 7.1 SPWaW OOB Spreadsheet (?), size 6.59MB (I downloaded this file. It has 3 OOB's dated 07-04-2002 and the rest is dated 19-01-2003. Shall I install this??????)

2.4 - [B]Patch[/B] Version Number:v7.1 Update, Size: 2.50MB
(This is the one I used to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 version, I think).

[U]Point 2.3 is marked as "Mod". However it have more recent OOB's! Is this really a Mod?????? What a mess!!!!!![/U]

The more I try to solve the problem the more confused I am.

[B]HELP!!!![/B]

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 79
- 8/15/2003 1:03:48 AM   
RichardTheFirst

That Downloads Matrix page seems to have errors, for example the "Download PDF File Info" links aren't working. It could help if I could see what's in there! Now I wonder if that Mod is really a Mod.

Tell you one thing: this is becoming too confused in my opinion. Everybody is talking about patch this, patch that, newbies installations, fixes this, fixes that.

Seems that nobody really knows what is the CORRECT and OFFICIAL version of the game. Even Matrix spreads confusion with errors in pages!

Is this too much to ask? I just want to be able to play in peace and with no errors the Desert Fox MC I paid for!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 80
OK - 8/15/2003 8:57:47 AM   
chief

Richard I understand your frustration. Before I go any further let me say that I do not work for MATRIX I am a gamer just like you who is trying to help. First of all the thread your in is not the one that is for help like your needing. But that aside I will answer you questions one at a time. Please read the answers because they were answered before.

Your OOB sub-folder is on the RIGHT HAND(Explorer) Pane and has OOBs dated 04/07/02 this is the latest set of OOB's.
The OOBs that are in the left hand pane, under Spwaw are dated 09-09-2000 these are not OOBs but text info left over from previous mods and actually can be discarded. (I stuck mine in an empty folder out of the way)they the 09-09 are not needed.

2.1 patch is complete game ......good

2.2 ignore this for now, u don't need it.

2.3 ignore this also same as above

2.4 patch, yes you want to install this

Now I have to go but I will be back in 1 hour. I hope this helps.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 81
Re: OK - 8/15/2003 10:20:52 AM   
RichardTheFirst

[B]Richard I understand your frustration. Before I go any further let me say that I do not work for MATRIX I am a gamer just like you who is trying to help. First of all the thread your in is not the one that is for help like your needing. But that aside I will answer you questions one at a time. Please read the answers because they were answered before.

Your OOB sub-folder is on the RIGHT HAND(Explorer) Pane and has OOBs dated 04/07/02 this is the latest set of OOB's.
The OOBs that are in the left hand pane, under Spwaw are dated 09-09-2000 these are not OOBs but text info left over from previous mods and actually can be discarded. (I stuck mine in an empty folder out of the way)they the 09-09 are not needed.

2.1 patch is complete game ......good

2.2 ignore this for now, u don't need it.

2.3 ignore this also same as above

2.4 patch, yes you want to install this

Now I have to go but I will be back in 1 hour. I hope this helps. [/B][/QUOTE]

Chief,

I want you to understand that my frustration was directed to no one in particular and certainly not to you. It's frustration because I don't solve the problem and I can't play.

I do know that you are not from Matrix and that you are trying to help which I appreciate.

OK, then. So, according to you I already have the Official and Complete version of the game. That's good! Right, I will create another folder out of the way just to have those old OOB's.

So, what do you think happened? Was it due to the save problems you and Anthony told me?

If it was, I'm now more secure because doing regular saves and erasing that steel.prf regularly could minimize future problems. I only wish I could be sure of that before I resume playing.

Cheers,

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 82
- 8/15/2003 10:40:06 AM   
chief

Richard: Ok I've been lucky with SPWAW working fine and all MCs working good but thats because I have an old windoze 95 system that I use. I recently installed all above on a XP machine and using the compatibility mode everything works good.

I would start up a new game....not an MC yet....see how it plays.
If it acts up starting try start from the Mech.exe and clear steel prf. If all goes well try the MC again. you seem to have all your ducks in order now. By the way have you read Jim1954 Megacamp
installation guide ??? If you can't find it here in the forums let me know.

The reason I started off with my sytem info on this post was becuse it seems that each operating system causes the game to act differently...the megas are probably fine but SPWAW was originally a DOS game converted to Windows. I'll work with you to the best of this old mans ability and knowledge. I love this game and once we solve your problem you'll be hooked also.

Try what I suggested above and post back results.;) :cool:

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 83
- 8/15/2003 11:14:48 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Thanks Chief.

Things were OK from the start after all.

I'm a vet in this game too you know and of course hooked too (when I'm playing it).

Happens that I was out of SPWaW for some months and decided to get back again. And had this problems...

I saw that there are some installation procedures to re-install MC's but I never cared about that because (and this is a secret) I lost my original Desert Fox CD when I moved to my new address :o .

So, unless Matrix can provide me a free download I cannot re-install DF. Have to stick to what I have.

I have XP also so I will do as you say and try to run SPWAW in the Windows 95 compatibility.

I will try however to finish this battle (the one with the problems in the Order of Battle) and see how it goes. After all I'm at the 9th battle and don't want to repeat all again.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 84
- 8/15/2003 12:18:27 PM   
chief

Richard I quess I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, if I had looked I would have seen the count total and that would have told me what was up.

by the way when you run on compatibility the printing is a little screwed up and the vehicles zip across the page....they told me to use the preferences to slow them down....it seemed to work.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 85
- 8/15/2003 8:07:28 PM   
RichardTheFirst

LOL Chief, no problem. From now on may I call you Big Chief Sun-In-Their-Eyes? :p (just kidding).

Adjusting Life Delay and Movement delay should, as you said, resolve those problems.

Thanks for all the clues.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 86
Did YOU ???? - 8/16/2003 1:10:05 AM   
chief

Richard with all this hassle about the OOBs for 7.1, we both forgot the most important part of your question. Which is....Did you download and install the PATCH for Desert Fox MC ?????

Ugh! kemo sabe:o :D :cool:

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 87
- 8/16/2003 5:36:39 AM   
RichardTheFirst

I think I did. If you mean the upgrade to DF version 1.1, yes.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 88
- 8/16/2003 9:46:11 AM   
chief

OK, just checking, how's it working now ?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 89
A new bug - 8/16/2003 10:50:54 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Unfortunatelly I have another bug to report.

I was starting that battle with the mess in the Order of Battle. I had to do a CRTL-ALT-DEL because it was dinner time, I just had moved 2 or 3 units and wanted to restart things.

When I opened the game again the battle was finished!!!!!:eek:

With the result of 1520 to 195 I had a Decisive Victory scoring 5 more points.

This happened at 9th Battle - Derna - Free the prisioners.

I'm now checking my men at the next battle - Mechili - More Krupp steel to do the job. The Order of Battle is all OK again and none of the men had a single kill in last battle.

:( :confused: :( :confused:

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI