Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New capability request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: New capability request Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New capability request - 9/27/2009 4:54:30 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

I think this is what you want Kull ... in the LCU production screen. I want to improve it a little but it does the job ... and I believe the same in the Airgroup area is dealt with (could use a tweak too)

Excellent. In other news, I'm one of those poor souls trying to get Tracker to run with 64-bit Windows (it's running fine on my 32 bit Vista desktop, but I need it on the laptop, too). I've been through the 64-bit thread and tried all the fixes, and things at least have improved to the point where it's now displaying the identical "side-by-side" error message Sulu Sea posted above. I understand that should be fixed by using the vccredist_x64.exe, and in fact I've installed it twice. But still no dice same side-be-side error. Also tried to go with the AI64 version but that won't install ("wrong processor" message)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 301
RE: New capability request - 9/27/2009 5:06:20 PM   
n01487477

I've yet to narrow down exactly what works and what doesn't for some 64bit users and not others.

Some have found that uninstalling and reinstalling the microsoft_x64 patch has worked, while others have used the X32 bit patch and that has worked on a 64bit machine. Finally, some have had to go back to the re-distributable pre-patch, then patched and it has worked. If you try each of these un-install each time.

So Kull, I feel for you mate, it is an annoying problem, but with anything Microsoft, perseverance can pay off, not work one time, but work the next.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 302
RE: New capability request - 9/27/2009 5:24:31 PM   
Kull

quote:

I've yet to narrow down exactly what works and what doesn't for some 64bit users and not others.

Some have found that uninstalling and reinstalling the microsoft_x64 patch has worked, while others have used the X32 bit patch and that has worked on a 64bit machine. Finally, some have had to go back to the re-distributable pre-patch, then patched and it has worked. If you try each of these un-install each time.

So Kull, I feel for you mate, it is an annoying problem, but with anything Microsoft, perseverance can pay off, not work one time, but work the next.

We have BINGO! Uninstalled the 64-bit file and loaded vcredist_x86.exe, and that did the trick. Thanks for the advice.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 303
RE: New capability request - 9/27/2009 5:29:01 PM   
Kull

Back to the program. I've been exporting csv files and noticed that there are eleven options, but quite a few more data sets. Specifically I was hoping to export "Task Forces", but that's not one of the options. Is there some other way to grab that data?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 304
RE: New capability request - 9/27/2009 5:41:32 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Back to the program. I've been exporting csv files and noticed that there are eleven options, but quite a few more data sets. Specifically I was hoping to export "Task Forces", but that's not one of the options. Is there some other way to grab that data?

Good news about the MS install! ...

Sorry, we haven't got around to including that csv export yet ... you could use an OpenOffice connection and import it, or wait for us to include it when we get time.

Time for

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 305
RE: New capability request - 9/27/2009 6:14:43 PM   
Kull

quote:

Sorry, we haven't got around to including that csv export yet ... you could use an OpenOffice connection and import it, or wait for us to include it when we get time.

No sweat - you guys are doing this gratis and what's already been done is outstanding. Here's a quick workaround for those looking to grab data out of tables that aren't supported by the "CSV Export" function:

1) Highlight the top row
2) Hold shift key and highlight the bottom row (highlights all rows in the table)
3) Ctrl+C keys (copy function)
4) Open a spreadsheet program (or even Notepad)
5) Paste

And voila, Data! Only thing missing is the column titles, but those are easy to type in.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 306
RE: New capability request - 9/27/2009 10:29:13 PM   
floydg

Well, it was really simple to add (took me less than 5 min), so it'll be in the next release.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 307
RE: New capability request - 9/28/2009 4:34:45 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Well, it was really simple to add (took me less than 5 min), so it'll be in the next release.

Thanks man! You guys are awesome.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 308
RE: New capability request - 9/28/2009 6:44:03 AM   
pmelheck1

Is there any way to multi turn read different save slots say slots 10-17.  Not renaming save games to get them to read.  I ask as I have a 7 day rolling save.  Starts with slot 10 and ending with slot 17.  Very nice tool by the way.  Any idea when engine damage might be included?

Thanks for the help and for a great program

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 309
RE: New capability request - 9/28/2009 6:57:20 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Is there any way to multi turn read different save slots say slots 10-17. Not renaming save games to get them to read. I ask as I have a 7 day rolling save. Starts with slot 10 and ending with slot 17.

Not at present, and I defer to Floyd ...
quote:

Very nice tool by the way. Any idea when engine damage might be included?
Thanks for the help and for a great program

We've found the data points, not sure if it made the cut for the next release, which is coming fairly soon I believe, as there were some biggish bugs we needed to fix. Some cool additions too

Thanks all for the support ... we'll keep cranking, if you keep thanking

--Damian--

(in reply to pmelheck1)
Post #: 310
RE: was working not working - 9/28/2009 8:37:29 AM   
guctony

For reasons unknown to me Wipt Tracker stop working. I tried on a Pbem file with proper settings. And to be sure I used another trial AI file but the following Jpeg is all I get. I have the latest patch.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by guctony -- 9/28/2009 8:40:55 AM >

"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 311
RE: was working not working - 9/28/2009 9:59:38 AM   
guctony

I think my problem is one of the earlier save file read.

I created a new folder put Tracker and save file I wanted to read but it opened the old file. Does java store some data of previous save file. If so how can I reset the ol data or delete it.

Regards

"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 312
RE: was working not working - 9/28/2009 1:06:14 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

I think my problem is one of the earlier save file read.

I created a new folder put Tracker and save file I wanted to read but it opened the old file. Does java store some data of previous save file. If so how can I reset the ol data or delete it.

Regards

The database keeps track of the old turns loaded. To clear that, delete all of the files that are named trackerdb.

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 313
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 1:14:38 PM   
Moss Orleni

Hi guys,

First of all, a big thanks to the creators of this great tool; its scope and ease of use are absolutely fantastic! Since it's first version, Witp Tracker has saved me literally hours and hours of spreadsheet calculations...

I have a more technical question:
In order to get information of an ongoing game, I would like to get a raw data dump of the save game data (similar to the csv dumps used with WitPstaff and WitPload). I suppose there is an internal database present in a .pws save file; how can it be accessed and how can you query/export the save game data? Is it possible to do a csv-export similar to the ones for the scenario files?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Moss

P.S. to avoid confusion: I know the Tracker tool can export csv files; I'd like to know if there's an easy way to externally access the .pws file to read data?

< Message edited by Moss Orleni -- 9/28/2009 1:26:30 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 314
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 1:21:19 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

Hi guys,

First of all, a big thanks to the creators of this great tool; its scope and ease of use are absolutely fantastic! Since it's first version, Witp Tracker has saved me literally hours and hours of spreadsheet calculations...

I have a more technical question:
In order to get information of an ongoing game, I would like to get a raw data dump of the save game data (similar to the csv dumps used with WitPstaff and WitPload). I suppose there is an internal database present in a .pws save file; how can it be accessed and how can you query/export the save game data? Is it possible to do a csv-export similar to the ones for the scenario files?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Moss

Some of the data can be exported to CSV using the CSV Export function in the File menu.

Or you can load the database into OpenOffice. Unfortunately, loading the database into OpenOffice is not going to give you the data in a single nice record, since we store the turn-by-turn data in several tables (e.g., LCU's have their data in four different tables).

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
Post #: 315
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 1:26:38 PM   
Moss Orleni

Hi floydg,

Man, that was fast! You even beat me to my own edit

Thanks for the info!
I'm taking a look right now...

Cheers,

Moss

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 316
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 2:54:37 PM   
Moss Orleni

Hi Floydg,

I see that the tool's current .csv export function already generates very useful data.
But I guess what I'm looking for is to have it generate csv's with the 'original' raw data format (ie the same as used in WitPload and WitPstaff) instead of the 'applied' format generated in the Tracker tool. Do you think this is something that could (easily) be included in WitP Tracker?

Reason I'm asking is that I created a (very modest) Access DB that uses the raw data format described above; it would be extremely useful to have a link to the save game data in the same matter, either via the Tracker tool or via another connection.

Of course, I'm also willing to try it (creating the export format) myself, but I'll need some help to get me started. I have the feeling that the Tracker tool can handle other export data formats without too much difficulty.

Thanks & cheers,

Moss

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 317
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 8:08:30 PM   
Tomcat

I just started a new game and decided to compare what AE tells me about pilot losses with what Tracker tells me. After the first turn AE tells me (allies) that I have 15 MIA, 26 WIA, and 34 KIA. However, Tracker tells me I have 1 MIA, 17 WIA, and 2 KIA. I suspect that Tracker is more accurate, but have you noticed this discrepancy? There is a big difference between the two accounts.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 318
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 8:22:20 PM   
floydg

quote:

Hi Floydg,

I see that the tool's current .csv export function already generates very useful data.
But I guess what I'm looking for is to have it generate csv's with the 'original' raw data format (ie the same as used in WitPload and WitPstaff) instead of the 'applied' format generated in the Tracker tool. Do you think this is something that could (easily) be included in WitP Tracker?

Reason I'm asking is that I created a (very modest) Access DB that uses the raw data format described above; it would be extremely useful to have a link to the save game data in the same matter, either via the Tracker tool or via another connection.

Of course, I'm also willing to try it (creating the export format) myself, but I'll need some help to get me started. I have the feeling that the Tracker tool can handle other export data formats without too much difficulty.

Thanks & cheers,

Moss

We can probably do this kind of export, but it would be low on our list, since other tools already do it.
If you need the data, you can use WitPLoadAE.

Post #: 319
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 8:29:31 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat

I just started a new game and decided to compare what AE tells me about pilot losses with what Tracker tells me. After the first turn AE tells me (allies) that I have 15 MIA, 26 WIA, and 34 KIA. However, Tracker tells me I have 1 MIA, 17 WIA, and 2 KIA. I suspect that Tracker is more accurate, but have you noticed this discrepancy? There is a big difference between the two accounts.

Didn't notice it until you mentioned it...

I don't know how the game computes these numbers, but WitPTracker runs through the pilot pool and checks each pilot. If the pilots are being removed from the pool, we won't count them. We'll need to look deeper into this.

Floyd

(in reply to Tomcat)
Post #: 320
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 8:51:58 PM   
Moss Orleni

quote:

We can probably do this kind of export, but it would be low on our list, since other tools already do it.

Now I'm a bit confused: WitPLoadAE extracts data from scenario files, not from save files, right? If there already is a tool that extracts raw data from save files, let me know because that is all I need! But to my knowledge, WitP Tracker is the only tool that extracts data from save files.
And if you are interested in querying dynamic game information (fi a TFs current position), you'll be needing the save game file, no?

Reason I thought it would be feasible to do raw data extracts in WitP Tracker, is that you already seem to have included lots of calculated data fields (ie derived from the file's original data structure) in WitP Tracker. So I thought the 'unmodified' data fields would be readily available as well. Assuming that the data structure in the save game file is equal to the one of the scenario file, one could read/query the save game data in the same way as the scenario data.

Anyway, I very much appreciate your feedback and I hope you'll still consider including a 'save file data dump',

Cheers,
Moss

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 321
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/28/2009 10:24:27 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

Now I'm a bit confused: WitPLoadAE extracts data from scenario files, not from save files, right? If there already is a tool that extracts raw data from save files, let me know because that is all I need! But to my knowledge, WitP Tracker is the only tool that extracts data from save files.
And if you are interested in querying dynamic game information (fi a TFs current position), you'll be needing the save game file, no?

Reason I thought it would be feasible to do raw data extracts in WitP Tracker, is that you already seem to have included lots of calculated data fields (ie derived from the file's original data structure) in WitP Tracker. So I thought the 'unmodified' data fields would be readily available as well. Assuming that the data structure in the save game file is equal to the one of the scenario file, one could read/query the save game data in the same way as the scenario data.

Anyway, I very much appreciate your feedback and I hope you'll still consider including a 'save file data dump',

Cheers,
Moss

I believe WitPLoad gets the data from the scenario file, which is essentially the same as the save at the very beginning of the scenario.

Yes, we do have access to everything in the save file, but we're not going to dump everything out over and above what we do now for the CSV export. There is a lot of data in the save file that is not shown in the game, so we won't dump it out.

Post #: 322
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/29/2009 2:00:43 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

Yes, we do have access to everything in the save file, but we're not going to dump everything out over and above what we do now for the CSV export. There is a lot of data in the save file that is not shown in the game, so we won't dump it out

There is absolutely no argument from me on this point, in essence we are choosing and placing the relevant data into a HSQLDB database. Some of the data you are looking for ie. TF position (only your side) - is not in a CSV file yet, but will be if we do a TF history or if you want you can access it by using an OpenOffice connection to our DB. As is the same with witpStaff.

Apart from TF information, what information are you really searching for ? We are starting to expand into the AE datafields and essentially when done you will have relevant and known information via our tool, either through CSV or DB connections. But on no account will a data dump of it all be considered, ever, period...

--Damian--

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/29/2009 6:51:20 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 323
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/29/2009 8:50:44 PM   
Bliztk

Auxiliary sino-japanese units (Wang) doesn´t show Assault value in the LCU screen.

HQ is RGC, units are in the 4227 to 4262.

NPC Units also are not calculated.

< Message edited by Bliztk -- 9/29/2009 9:35:03 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 324
RE: New capability request - 9/30/2009 2:10:07 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

--Damian--

THANK YOU!!!

Now, about that update, how soon is that coming?

Pax

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 325
RE: New capability request - 9/30/2009 2:14:55 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

quote:

--Damian--

THANK YOU!!!

Now, about that update, how soon is that coming?

I'm finishing up some things I need to fix and rolling in some stuff Damian added. It'll be a few days still, but hopefully before the weekend.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 326
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/30/2009 2:20:20 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

Auxiliary sino-japanese units (Wang) doesn´t show Assault value in the LCU screen.

HQ is RGC, units are in the 4227 to 4262.

NPC Units also are not calculated.

This will be fixed in the next release (I'm looking at proper non-zero values right now).

The devices with an ID greater than 1300 were not being included, which comprises all of the fighting components for these units. For example, the 1st RGC Division has 81mm Mortars, which have a device ID of 1425. These are not shown with the unit, so not included in the AV calculation.

Floyd

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 327
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/30/2009 11:27:41 AM   
grisouille_slith

When I try to load a saved game with witpstaff, I have the following error message!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 328
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 9/30/2009 11:31:53 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: grisouille

When I try to load a saved game with witpstaff, I have the following error message!

This thread is for WitPTracker. There is a thread for WitPStaff in the the Tech Support sub-forum.

(in reply to grisouille_slith)
Post #: 329
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0.1 Available - 10/1/2009 12:51:34 AM   
Nomad

How about another request. On the Leaders tab, for status could you have an Unassigned & Active selection? I would like to sort leaders that are not assigned any job that are currently available.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: New capability request Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI