Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/15/2010 1:04:42 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Thanks for the quick comeback. I haven't tried any changes yet, wanting to get the expert opinion first before messing with your batch file. Which memory setting should I try increasing? Or both?

I have several programs running in the system tray (all windows systems do now even if they are not visible in the tray!), but the system has 3GB main memory.

I believe this is the 72nd turn that I am trying to load.

Given that you have some uncertainty, I think what I'll do first is try it again after a reboot. Maybe something in the system has a memory leak? Looking at the Windows Task Manager it doesn't seem that way, but who knows for sure.

I'll report back.

A quick Google search yeilded that it could be the PC running out of memory. Perhaps a reboot will fix it.

Floyd

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1081
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/15/2010 2:22:35 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Thanks for the quick comeback. I haven't tried any changes yet, wanting to get the expert opinion first before messing with your batch file. Which memory setting should I try increasing? Or both?

I have several programs running in the system tray (all windows systems do now even if they are not visible in the tray!), but the system has 3GB main memory.

I believe this is the 72nd turn that I am trying to load.

Given that you have some uncertainty, I think what I'll do first is try it again after a reboot. Maybe something in the system has a memory leak? Looking at the Windows Task Manager it doesn't seem that way, but who knows for sure.

I'll report back.

A quick Google search yeilded that it could be the PC running out of memory. Perhaps a reboot will fix it.

Floyd

No, no joy. Rebooting did nothing (there were more than 2GB free anyway). I've doubled both memory settings in the bat file but no good either.

quote:

java -Xms768m -Xmx1024m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause

I've more than 140GB free on disk too.

Let me mention this in case it's related. Once in a while I get a turn that seems to load OK, but the load process never does come back and say "Finished". IIRC the previous turn was one of those. By the way, it seems to be repeatable. A few days ago I tried to reload the whole game (using the wonderful multi-turn load you provided) but it stopped on one of those turns (around turn 20 I think). So I copied back the original database and just continued instead.

Kinda stuck now. Any ideas?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1082
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/15/2010 2:46:36 AM   
floydg

The not showing "Finished" issue means that something caused the turn loading routine to fail. If you could reproduce that and send me that turn and the turn before (witptracker@gmail.com), I could take a shot at looking into why it failed. I doubt that this is the cause of the Java error, but it could be...

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1083
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/15/2010 3:01:04 AM   
witpqs

quote:

The not showing "Finished" issue means that something caused the turn loading routine to fail. If you could reproduce that and send me that turn and the turn before (witptracker@gmail.com), I could take a shot at looking into why it failed. I doubt that this is the cause of the Java error, but it could be...

OK, will do. It's happened several times, not sure exactly how many. What I will do is this:

- Create a new DB.
- Load until the non-finish occurs.
- Capture the turn and turn-before for you in a zip.
- Create a new DB.
- Starting with the turn after the previous non-finish, load until a non-finish occurs. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. (As the instructions read on the empty shampoo bottle clutched by the programmer found dead in the shower.)

Will this do the trick for you?

BTW, there was also one turn where the Sigint came up blank even though there was stuff in the sigint file. Tried the 'load text file' function but it didn't seem to do anything after the file was specified. Just moved on and didn't bother you with it.

The above could take a while, but I will get it to you. BTW, could you PM me an email address to send you the zip files?

EDIT: yes I saw the email address you already provided after I hit "OK". Doh!

< Message edited by witpqs -- 2/15/2010 3:02:50 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1084
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/16/2010 7:51:29 AM   
Chris21wen

I've got to the point in tackers life where it will no longer open when I have the game running and it can only be memory related. I can open it if I clear the data. I'm using the deafault memory settings but even if I run with none I still have the same problems.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1085
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/16/2010 10:48:54 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

I've got to the point in tackers life where it will no longer open when I have the game running and it can only be memory related. I can open it if I clear the data. I'm using the deafault memory settings but even if I run with none I still have the same problems.

Sorry to hear that Chris ... what does your last sentence mean, "I run with none I still have the same problems" ... none ? memory settings ? Well then it probably won't work.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 1086
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/16/2010 5:39:02 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Sorry to hear that Chris ... what does your last sentence mean, "I run with none I still have the same problems" ... none ? memory settings ? Well then it probably won't work.

quote:

I remove the xms and xmx from the bat file.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1087
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/16/2010 6:28:14 PM   
Marcus_Antonius

Forgive me if this issue is covered elsewhere in the string, but I am only getting limited functionality out of the program. In essence, I can load one turn at a time and I can read everything except the alerts. If I try to load a second turn I only get the info displayed for the first and the alerts do not show up at all.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 1088
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/17/2010 1:02:26 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: a_gonatas

Forgive me if this issue is covered elsewhere in the string, but I am only getting limited functionality out of the program. In essence, I can load one turn at a time and I can read everything except the alerts. If I try to load a second turn I only get the info displayed for the first and the alerts do not show up at all.

Is the second turn loading completely ? Seems very unusual ... What does the display say down the bottom ? Last turn loaded ? And look at Turn -> Turn list ... are both there ?

Damian

(in reply to Marcus_Antonius)
Post #: 1089
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/17/2010 3:44:14 AM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You need to increase the memory in order for the map to load and for the new turn reading function to work. To just load a turn, it should work with the "default" JVM memory settings (i.e., xms and xmx not specified in the BAT file). Strange that it's not working...

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 1090
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/17/2010 3:47:12 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: a_gonatas

And just to make it clear: alerts are not read from a save file. They are generated by WitPTracker by comparing the information in one save file with another save file. That means you will never see any alerts on the first turn you load, but you should (theoretically) see something after you load a subsequent turn on top of the first one.

Also, sometimes when you load, the screens may not automatically update properly, so if you switch to a different data set and then back to alerts (or quit the program and restart), you should see them.

Hope this helps.

Floyd

(in reply to Marcus_Antonius)
Post #: 1091
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/17/2010 1:36:05 PM   
PaxMondo

Guys, great tool.  Are suggestions in order?  If so, on the LCU-History export ... be nice to be able to sort the units.  Finding one in the list right now is a bit tedious.  Also, since there are unit names repeated, the files can over write (1st Division for example) and from the list you cannot tell which unit you are getting.  Maybe have parent HQ in the unit name in the list, like 25th Army/1st Division?

Again, thanks for this.  Without it AE would not be the game it is. 

Pax

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1092
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/17/2010 1:48:19 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Guys, great tool.  Are suggestions in order?  If so, on the LCU-History export ... be nice to be able to sort the units.  Finding one in the list right now is a bit tedious.  Also, since there are unit names repeated, the files can over write (1st Division for example) and from the list you cannot tell which unit you are getting.  Maybe have parent HQ in the unit name in the list, like 25th Army/1st Division?

I'll look into these items.

Floyd

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 1093
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/18/2010 1:11:22 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

I'll look into these items.

Floyd

Thank you.

Pax

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1094
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/18/2010 7:27:31 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You need to increase the memory in order for the map to load and for the new turn reading function to work. To just load a turn, it should work with the "default" JVM memory settings (i.e., xms and xmx not specified in the BAT file). Strange that it's not working...

For some reason it's started to work again.

Just to clarify, tracker started and got to the piont where it loaded the data and then crashed. I tried it 6 or 7 times with and without the memeory settings. I eventually I closed AE and ran tracker first and it worked. I later reverted to opening AE then tracker and it worked.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1095
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/18/2010 8:07:07 AM   
Chris21wen

Air groups and pilot screen problem

There's a problem with the interaction between the model class (All, F, etc), type (All, P38 etc) and special option 'upgrade too'. It works fine with class 'All' selected or if you select a type and then class. However if you want to switch classes then you have to put type back to 'All' before you do. Switching classes while you have a type selected results in the filters no longer working and the following error is generated.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1096
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/18/2010 7:48:50 PM   
floydg

quote:

There's a problem with the interaction between the model class (All, F, etc), type (All, P38 etc) and special option 'upgrade too'. It works fine with class 'All' selected or if you select a type and then class. However if you want to switch classes then you have to put type back to 'All' before you do. Switching classes while you have a type selected results in the filters no longer working and the following error is generated.

I'll take a look.

Oh, and for your memory/crashing issue, we had someone sneak in overnight and upgrade your PC...

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 1097
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/18/2010 11:22:40 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Hi Damian,

I just noticed that I'm not getting any LCU Disruption data in my current turn of my PBEM (as Japan, Scenario 2). I use Vista 64 and haven't had any trouble running Tracker up until now. But every LCU shows disruption of zero, and the history shows disruption as zero throughout. Fatigue is reported correctly.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm referring to the Disruption one sees on the left side of an LCU's detail screen, next to Fatigue. In-game, a unit might show Disruption of 15, say; in Tracker, I see zero.

Turns out the program was reading disruption from the wrong place in the save file. It will be fixed in the next release (Grotius confirmed that I have it right now).

Floyd

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 1098
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/18/2010 11:53:26 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

I'll take a look.

Oh, and for your memory/crashing issue, we had someone sneak in overnight and upgrade your PC...

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1099
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/20/2010 2:59:25 AM   
ny59giants

Tried to load Tracker for my new 2x2 PBEM game. I get this

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1100
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/20/2010 3:34:47 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I loaded that file you gave me no probs ... did you start fresh ?

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1101
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/20/2010 3:42:14 AM   
Nomad

A question with a picture.

Will I have to expend 13300 HI or 20545 HI?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nomad -- 2/20/2010 3:43:01 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1102
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/20/2010 4:05:02 AM   
floydg

quote:

Are you using WitPTracker or WitPTracker AE? This error comes from a function only used in WitPTracker (not AE).

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1103
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/20/2010 4:29:32 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

A question with a picture.

Will I have to expend 13300 HI or 20545 HI?

When I talked with MichaelM a while ago about this he talked about 11 months not 12, but it was something I was going to test and review cause I think things are wonky here too. Even the numbers were off

I'm looking at the fault bit right now, and then I'll come back and look at that ...

As for Michael's (Ny59Giants) prob ...

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 2/20/2010 4:30:11 AM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1104
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/20/2010 4:40:19 AM   
ny59giants

I'm glad you have a sense of humor Damian.  
Twice today I've done some "dumb" things on my computer (Can I blame it on John and our new game??). 
Hopefully, it doesn't carry over to my turn one orders.   

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1105
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/20/2010 4:42:48 AM   
n01487477

quote:

I'm glad you have a sense of humor Damian.  
Twice today I've done some "dumb" things on my computer (Can I blame it on John and our new game??). 
Hopefully, it doesn't carry over to my turn one orders.   

Actually I'm laughing at myself too for not picking it up ... some days we're hot somedays not...

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1106
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/21/2010 12:14:18 PM   
Mark Weston

I'm looking at the "Ships" dataset and (playing Japan) was flicking through the filters because I wanted to look specifically at my ASW ships, and it took me a few minutes to realise that there's no filter for selecting most of them. You can only see the Japanese PB, E, SC, and TB types when looking at the data set unfiltered. Looking through the list of filters, my guess is the allied KV and YP types "fall through the cracks" in the same way.

I'd suggest adding PB, E, SC, KV and YP to the existing PC/PG filter, and adding TB to the DD/DE set.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1107
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/21/2010 12:24:57 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Weston

I'm looking at the "Ships" dataset and (playing Japan) was flicking through the filters because I wanted to look specifically at my ASW ships, and it took me a few minutes to realise that there's no filter for selecting most of them. You can only see the Japanese PB, E, SC, and TB types when looking at the data set unfiltered. Looking through the list of filters, my guess is the allied KV and YP types "fall through the cracks" in the same way.

I'd suggest adding PB, E, SC, KV and YP to the existing PC/PG filter, and adding TB to the DD/DE set.

Okay, I changed the "PC/PG" filter to "Patrol" and it now includes PC, PG, PB, PF, PT, KV, E, SC, YP and HDML.
And I added TB to the DD/DE filter, as you suggested.

Floyd

(in reply to Mark Weston)
Post #: 1108
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available - 2/21/2010 1:16:51 PM   
Mark Weston

Wow, thanks for the very quick response.

Also - and I meant to say this in the original post - thanks for the amazingly useful tool you've given us. AE would be a lot less fun without it.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1109
RE: Problem with 1.4 and me - 2/22/2010 2:39:29 AM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toddr22

I just updated AE to the latest version.

I just updated tracker to 1.4.

I started an AI game, I am playing allies.

I get the following error when go into tracker. Tracker loads but nothing in the alert screen.

If you are playing more than one day turns ... this is normal ... I think Floyd might fix this for the next release. Alerts have nothing to do with SigInt, they are made by Tracker comparing one save with the next, not from the SigInt files....

I think I have it working on multi-day turns now. There are a few restrictions (the filename needs to be "generic" -- asigint.txt or jsigint.txt), but if it doesn't get read in automatically, the manual method will work.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1110
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.4 Available Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI