Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/19/2010 8:44:18 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: seille

Please help me to read this part of tracker.
It is the object history of Palembang.

The red arrow shows the damage before i captured it. Starting from first turn with this value.
The green the damage after i grabbed it.
It is simply a nightmare to be without all this oil btw.

So far i thought the high damage came from late capturing it, but here it looks like a damage that was already
set at game start by the game engine and i just added 64 points in the fight.
Is it working that way fighting the ally AI or is this just a confusing display from Tracker ?

I simply would like to know if i can avoid it by capturing faster or if i have to hope for my luck.
On my screen it looks like BAD luck and i would have had the same damage with grabbing it in turn 20.

edit:
I updated both game and tracker while i played this game.

The game is supposed to only accumulate history on base objects for turns where you own the base. Which turn did you actually capture the base?

In any case, the information just comes from the save file, so I suppose that's what happened to the base. Bad luck...

Floyd

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 1771
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/19/2010 8:44:56 PM   
floydg

What he said...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Once a week ( 7 turns) I get 100's of lines telling me a ship can be upgraded. In fact, I think it's telling me that for all the japanese ships I have at my disposal. However, these aren't upgrades available NOW but also a upgrade in the futere. Since all japanese ships can be upgraded, I get to see all these lines once a week. Why am I getting these lines? Is this WAD? If so, what's the use?

let me conclude with a well meant: this app is AWESOME!

I think you need to upgrade to version 1.6.1

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1772
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/19/2010 9:10:44 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian800000

Hello--I've read through quite a bit of this thread, and I'm sure that this has been answered, but I'm not the most computer literate so I probably didn't recognize the question!

I've run the Java update, and also the vcredist_x86.exe update (I also tried running vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_IA64.exe but both are failing and reporting "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Please contract your product vendor.")

I've tried opening the witptracker.properties file within the download with java.exe but the window that opens immediately closes. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

What is it that you're trying to do? I assume you're trying to run WitPTracker. Did you follow exactly the steps found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/set-up

(in reply to brian800000)
Post #: 1773
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/19/2010 10:04:27 PM   
brian800000

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

Hello--I've read through quite a bit of this thread, and I'm sure that this has been answered, but I'm not the most computer literate so I probably didn't recognize the question!

I've run the Java update, and also the vcredist_x86.exe update (I also tried running vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_IA64.exe but both are failing and reporting "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Please contract your product vendor.")

I've tried opening the witptracker.properties file within the download with java.exe but the window that opens immediately closes. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

What is it that you're trying to do? I assume you're trying to run WitPTracker. Did you follow exactly the steps found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/set-up

I just got it to work! Thanks--this thing is essential!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1774
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/19/2010 10:07:42 PM   
floydg

quote:

I just got it to work! Thanks--this thing is essential!

Great! Glad you were able to get it to work.

(in reply to brian800000)
Post #: 1775
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/19/2010 11:25:44 PM   
vonTirpitz

If there is a "wish list" for future updates I would like add to it.

I would find it useful to be able to see (either on the Industry or Ships screens) my total lift capacity for liquids, cargo, and troops. I think it would go great on the 'Ships' screen as I could then sort it by ship class such as TKs (example, in order to figure out how much oil I can move at a given time).

I can get a "sense" of this in the Industry screen by seeing what is loaded on TFs but still find myself adding up total capacity from time to time.

As always, thanks for all the hard work!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1776
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/20/2010 3:31:54 AM   
seille

quote:

quote:

Please help me to read this part of tracker.
It is the object history of Palembang.

The red arrow shows the damage before i captured it. Starting from first turn with this value.
The green the damage after i grabbed it.
It is simply a nightmare to be without all this oil btw.

So far i thought the high damage came from late capturing it, but here it looks like a damage that was already
set at game start by the game engine and i just added 64 points in the fight.
Is it working that way fighting the ally AI or is this just a confusing display from Tracker ?

I simply would like to know if i can avoid it by capturing faster or if i have to hope for my luck.
On my screen it looks like BAD luck and i would have had the same damage with grabbing it in turn 20.

edit:
I updated both game and tracker while i played this game.

The game is supposed to only accumulate history on base objects for turns where you own the base. Which turn did you actually capture the base?

In any case, the information just comes from the save file, so I suppose that's what happened to the base. Bad luck...

Floyd

Hello Floyd,

Captured it in turn 117. You see the change in damage there.
So my theory was right and the main damage was set already at game start ?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1777
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/20/2010 5:15:49 AM   
Nomad

No seille. Palembang starts completely undamaged. I have a picture of Miri, I know it starts with 150 damaged oil and 150 undamaged oil. Note that Tracker shows it has much less damage that it really does before I captured it. I wonder if the data field is filled with some random number until you actually capture it. So either you damaged it somehow, or it was just a display glitch. And I must say you have had very bad luck to have Palembang so damaged.

Just a question, how long did it take you to take Palembang? I moved in a large force and took it in one turn and there was no damage to either the oil or refineries.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nomad -- 9/20/2010 5:17:33 AM >

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 1778
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/20/2010 6:22:01 AM   
n01487477

quote:

No seille. Palembang starts completely undamaged. I have a picture of Miri, I know it starts with 150 damaged oil and 150 undamaged oil. Note that Tracker shows it has much less damage that it really does before I captured it. I wonder if the data field is filled with some random number until you actually capture it. So either you damaged it somehow, or it was just a display glitch. And I must say you have had very bad luck to have Palembang so damaged.

Just a question, how long did it take you to take Palembang? I moved in a large force and took it in one turn and there was no damage to either the oil or refineries.

Seille,
you have my email add ... send me the file before and after capture ... might be as Nomad states a display glitch

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1779
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/20/2010 1:14:48 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Seille,
you have my email add ... send me the file before and after capture ... might be as Nomad states a display glitch

I'm guessing it's a problem with the history display, since it's showing turns before you captured it.
EDIT: yes, the history doesn't care when you captured the base. That needs to be addressed.

Maybe some damage was made the turn you moved in and then additional the turn you captured it.

< Message edited by floydg -- 9/20/2010 1:37:28 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1780
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/20/2010 1:48:32 PM   
Nomad

As a note from my uncritical observation, bases that have no damaged oil,refinery, etc seem to display properly, but those that start with damage or receive damage display weirdly.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1781
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/20/2010 2:58:34 PM   
seille

Glad about the discussion here. That damn Palembang is screwing my (learning) game a lot
and i would like to know if it was bad luck or if it was my fault in some way.
I have sadly no savegame for the capture since i overwrite my turns (saving always same slot 8).

All i can say i grabbed it in turn 117 after about 3 days of fighting. 3 days is not that much i think
and i bet this was not the reason for the nearly total destruction.
I did not destroy myself by air attacks orsomething else (who the hell would do that ?? )

As i wrote the game moved thru different game versions as well as different tracker versions.
Miri and Palembang had the same strange damage display in my tracker. Starting from turn 1 the object history for Miri oil shows damage
of 289(11). In turn 6 when i captured the stats change to 156(144).
For me this looks like the location had a preset damage that was increased by my attack. But i agree the pre capture damage
i should not see here.
Would be cool one of the developers could explain how the damage to locations work exactly and if there is simething like preset
damage. Damage that is calculated in first turn already. For me at least it looks like this. Don´t think Tracker shows a random number here.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1782
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/21/2010 1:22:00 AM   
floydg

quote:

Glad about the discussion here. That damn Palembang is screwing my (learning) game a lot
and i would like to know if it was bad luck or if it was my fault in some way.
I have sadly no savegame for the capture since i overwrite my turns (saving always same slot 8).

All i can say i grabbed it in turn 117 after about 3 days of fighting. 3 days is not that much i think
and i bet this was not the reason for the nearly total destruction.
I did not destroy myself by air attacks orsomething else (who the hell would do that ?? )

As i wrote the game moved thru different game versions as well as different tracker versions.
Miri and Palembang had the same strange damage display in my tracker. Starting from turn 1 the object history for Miri oil shows damage
of 289(11). In turn 6 when i captured the stats change to 156(144).
For me this looks like the location had a preset damage that was increased by my attack. But i agree the pre capture damage
i should not see here.
Would be cool one of the developers could explain how the damage to locations work exactly and if there is simething like preset
damage. Damage that is calculated in first turn already. For me at least it looks like this. Don´t think Tracker shows a random number here.

I went through the code and we are showing turns before capture, which wasn't intended. I have fixed it now so the resource and object history will only show for turns in which you owned the base. Hopefully that will solve any confusion.

And the values do look correct, based on a quick assessment. Looks like you got screwed by some Dutch engineers with a lot of explosives...

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 1783
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/21/2010 12:47:15 PM   
seille

But i was right that some locations start damaged and get additional damage while combat ?
Like Miri and Palembang in my case ?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1784
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/21/2010 12:54:39 PM   
n01487477

quote:

But i was right that some locations start damaged and get additional damage while combat ?
Like Miri and Palembang in my case ?

Miri is damaged, Palembang is not from the start... Palembang in your case was damaged during landing (not sure) & then when taken over.

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 1785
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/21/2010 1:21:12 PM   
seille

Thanks Damian, but even this is not the War Room forum please tell me what my mistake was then ?

I know i wasn´t fast, but so far i thought the number of defending engineers plus the length of the fights are the most critical factors
for the damage. Was the late time i got it (turn 117) the main problem or can i also get Palembang in turn 200 with only small damage ?
However, next game i´ll take it MUCH faster. The damn Palembang damage would be the KO for me in a PBEM i think.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1786
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/22/2010 2:42:15 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Thanks Damian, but even this is not the War Room forum please tell me what my mistake was then ?

I know i wasn´t fast, but so far i thought the number of defending engineers plus the length of the fights are the most critical factors
for the damage. Was the late time i got it (turn 117) the main problem or can i also get Palembang in turn 200 with only small damage ?
However, next game i´ll take it MUCH faster. The damn Palembang damage would be the KO for me in a PBEM i think.

Yeah a little off topic for this thread ... very hard to test completely. Sabotage/Damage can occur from a number of factors and modifiers (engineers, partisans) & random dice ... I can't see the code so your best bet open a new thread in the War room and see what anecdotal info can be gleaned from JFB's.

My experience has been that whatever I do the random element is always there. You were particularly unlucky I think.

[edit] If I have time I'll set up a new test bed for the area and have a look

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/22/2010 2:43:19 AM >

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 1787
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/22/2010 12:42:28 PM   
Judykator

The program starts a very long time (> 120s). The database is 268 MB (>170 turns). It is through this? Or is it the normal time?
Can slimmed database? Which files do I need to delete to start a new database? Only "trackerdb.data" ?

< Message edited by Judykator -- 9/22/2010 12:43:04 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1788
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/22/2010 1:17:43 PM   
jetjockey

I have not yet seen 120s load times, but I've gotten close. When the load time gets higher I delete all the *db.* files and reload the last 15-20 turns, just enough so that I can see any trends. The "Multi-turn" read function works well, just be sure to replace the save***.pws in the AE save directory with the first turn you want to load. Tracker will not read any turns older than one that is already loaded.

(in reply to Judykator)
Post #: 1789
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/22/2010 1:42:33 PM   
floydg

Yes, delete all four (usually) trackerdb.* files. We're working on some things to slim down the database and reduce the load times.

(in reply to jetjockey)
Post #: 1790
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/28/2010 8:41:38 PM   
Amoral

Feature Request - Can you post an alert for any task Forces that are running at full speed?

Especially during 2 day turns, I sometimes order my TFs to full speed to make port, or get out of danger quickly. But I rarely want them running at full speed for an extended period of time.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1791
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/28/2010 8:46:20 PM   
Bliztk

Another feature request. In the industry tab, supply and fuel could a feature be added that calculates the daily and monthly supply needed by the units in that zone. The same for building bases

So we can have the supply input needed to supply them, PLUS the real supply surplus at the zone, after discounting the expenses

(in reply to Amoral)
Post #: 1792
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/28/2010 11:20:50 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amoral

Feature Request - Can you post an alert for any task Forces that are running at full speed?

Especially during 2 day turns, I sometimes order my TFs to full speed to make port, or get out of danger quickly. But I rarely want them running at full speed for an extended period of time.

You can always go to the Task Forces panel and sort the table by Speed.

Not the answer you were looking for, but I'm not sure what others think of this idea... comments?

(in reply to Amoral)
Post #: 1793
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 9/29/2010 3:12:41 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amoral

You can always go to the Task Forces panel and sort the table by Speed.

Not the answer you were looking for, but I'm not sure what others think of this idea... comments?

Yeah probably overdone for another alert; I have made some alerts about HI ect being critical now though re thread

Also added CSV export for shipUpgrades

Also almost finished mouse over effect for airgroup upgrades

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

Another feature request. In the industry tab, supply and fuel could a feature be added that calculates the daily and monthly supply needed by the units in that zone. The same for building bases

So we can have the supply input needed to supply them, PLUS the real supply surplus at the zone, after discounting the expenses

I'll try to do something about this is the near future... Need to really remove the windows around the Productions screens first though; so there is enough room.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1794
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/1/2010 3:07:33 AM   
Q-Ball

Hey guys, Tracker is the best as always. Problem though: The more turns I load up, the slower the program loads. It takes a few minutes now, Really SLOOOOOOOW.

Is that typical? Anything I can do to speed it up? Erasing old turns would be OK if that's a solution.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1795
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/1/2010 3:32:33 AM   
Nomad

I don't have any problem with load times, but I can only get about 36 game turns loaded when it quits loading. I am unsure what is happening, it didn't used to be like this. Maybe I will do a reinstall of Windoze XP and see what happens.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 1796
This is different. - 10/1/2010 3:33:03 AM   
vonTirpitz

I can't be sure, but I think one of my sunken minelayers just got turned into a resort in Singapore. Although 'The Mine Lair' would be a great name for a bar.

This ship was definitely sunk and is off the roster in game but Tracker gave me repaired alert about it recently. Perhaps it is just a quirk of the repair system in game or maybe it is something else. Just wanted to share.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1797
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/1/2010 4:37:56 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Hey guys, Tracker is the best as always. Problem though: The more turns I load up, the slower the program loads. It takes a few minutes now, Really SLOOOOOOOW.

Is that typical? Anything I can do to speed it up? Erasing old turns would be OK if that's a solution.

Yeah until Floyd and I work a solution to the DB load times (which we are doing slowly) you may have to delete all the trackdb*. files and start again...

I guess you are using the mapoff switch and have adjusted the memory settings; so it may be time to purge .

quote:

I don't have any problem with load times, but I can only get about 36 game turns loaded when it quits loading. I am unsure what is happening, it didn't used to be like this. Maybe I will do a reinstall of Windoze XP and see what happens.

This is really strange cause I did a test the other day using 256 as my memory settings and playing Allies late '43 (cause I saw your earlier post) loaded in excess of 90 turns ... and not just in one batch... I'm using a new memory analyser too to try to find how we can increase the efficiency.

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

I can't be sure, but I think one of my sunken minelayers just got turned into a resort in Singapore. Although 'The Mine Lair' would be a great name for a bar.

This ship was definitely sunk and is off the roster in game but Tracker gave me repaired alert about it recently. Perhaps it is just a quirk of the repair system in game or maybe it is something else. Just wanted to share.

vonTirpitz ~ can you send the turn before and the next to our support email: witptracker@gmail.com
Probably a game thing rather than tracker ...

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 1798
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/1/2010 2:11:36 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

This is really strange cause I did a test the other day using 256 as my memory settings and playing Allies late '43 (cause I saw your earlier post) loaded in excess of 90 turns ... and not just in one batch... I'm using a new memory analyser too to try to find how we can increase the efficiency.

I don't understand myself, I am sure it has to do with my machine. I have pretty much just given up on using Tracker at this time. I don't have the time to reinstall everything now and I don't really have the knowledge or time to try and weed out some of the TSRs.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1799
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 10/1/2010 5:34:56 PM   
Keifer

Would it be possible to add Troop Load Cost and Cargo Load Cost to the LCU .csv export?

It would help with with transport and amph TF planning.

Thanks, Keith

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI