Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 1:08:27 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: dorjun driver

Gentlemen;

Is it true that a red arrow in a column, up £ or down ¥, indicates a gbadh change in circumstance, while a green arrow, again, either up £ or down ¥, indicates a ggoodh one? If so, there is a continuity error in at least the Air Groups and Pilots data set.

In the Air Group History screen, increasing morale and decreasing fatigue are both denoted by green arrows, which makes perfect sense. In the Air Group Pilots screen, however, decreasing fatigue is denoted by a red arrow.

Itfs only a nit, but I had to pick it. Yeah yeah yeahc I know itfll never heal!

Thanks for a great tool,

Doug

Easy to fix...

Floyd

(in reply to dorjun driver)
Post #: 2221
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 12:41:29 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Theages

If I remember correctly, tracker uses a second thread for the "Load Turn" command. Maybe that second thread tries to additionally allocate the same xmx memory amount as the starting line does.

This is correct - I spawn a new thread for the turn reading. Wasn't really necessary to do, but I was messing around with Java and did it. So yes, that allocates additional memory (though not sure it's the same amount as xmx).

(in reply to Theages)
Post #: 2222
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 12:42:49 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Problem with LCU Production screen. It keeps comming up with the following error. Note there's more of it but I cannot get it all on the screen the bottom half is in the next post.

Chris: can you send me a save (maybe better to send the last turn loaded which causes the problem and the turn before).
witptracker @ gmail.com

Floyd

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2223
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 12:58:11 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: beppi

I have a little request if a feature could be added to the Current Device Usage.

During one of the last updates we got a very nice "Draw" Column in the Device Overview screen which helps quite a lot to see if units draw equipment and to micromanage the turn on/turn off replacements to upgrade units.

So on the main devices screen i see in addition how many devices are needed (Column Needed) but to identify the units which could need additional devices it is a little hard to find. In the current device Usage i can sort for AMT or TOE or Delta for the devices drawn last turn. Could it be possible to just add an other column called static delta or so which just displays the difference between TOE and AMT to allow sort by it ?

A scenario is for example: I have more than enough USMC43 Squads to fill out any important unit and upgrade everything to the 43 Squad Type. But i do not want to upgrade static stuff or stuff bound to the west coast. So to find units on different Spots to turn replacements on i have to scroll a lot in the little list to find all units which currently need devices to fill out their TOE.

And finally like always the praise to the devs

I added a "Need" column. Is that what you meant?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 2224
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 3:50:51 PM   
Hanzberger

Floyd how do I get a saved game to you?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2225
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 3:57:58 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

Floyd how do I get a saved game to you?

witptracker @ gmail.com

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2226
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 4:06:50 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

I have a little request if a feature could be added to the Current Device Usage.

During one of the last updates we got a very nice "Draw" Column in the Device Overview screen which helps quite a lot to see if units draw equipment and to micromanage the turn on/turn off replacements to upgrade units.

So on the main devices screen i see in addition how many devices are needed (Column Needed) but to identify the units which could need additional devices it is a little hard to find. In the current device Usage i can sort for AMT or TOE or Delta for the devices drawn last turn. Could it be possible to just add an other column called static delta or so which just displays the difference between TOE and AMT to allow sort by it ?

A scenario is for example: I have more than enough USMC43 Squads to fill out any important unit and upgrade everything to the 43 Squad Type. But i do not want to upgrade static stuff or stuff bound to the west coast. So to find units on different Spots to turn replacements on i have to scroll a lot in the little list to find all units which currently need devices to fill out their TOE.

I really like the Need column, Floyd! Does it show the value even if replacements are turned off for that specific LCU? I think I've noticed the current release bases the Needed value on the main Devices screen only on units that have replacements on.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2227
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 4:09:54 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

I really like the Need column, Floyd! Does it show the value even if replacements are turned off for that specific LCU? I think I've noticed the current release bases the Needed value on the main Devices screen only on units that have replacements on.

Mike -

I don't check if reinforcements are on or off. I can make it based on the replacement setting, if that's the better way to go.

Floyd

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2228
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 4:40:16 PM   
USSAmerica

Floyd, personally, I would prefer the total Need to be shown, regardless of the replacements on/off setting.  Again, it's my personal preference, but can you check to see if the total Need value on the main devices panel reflects all units and not just those with replacements on?  

More fantastic features!  Thanks, guys! 

Mike

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2229
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 4:46:27 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Floyd, personally, I would prefer the total Need to be shown, regardless of the replacements on/off setting.  Again, it's my personal preference, but can you check to see if the total Need value on the main devices panel reflects all units and not just those with replacements on?  

More fantastic features!  Thanks, guys! 

The main devices panel does not check for the replacements on/off setting when it computes the "Need".

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2230
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 4:51:03 PM   
USSAmerica

Looks like I need better math lessons then.  

Thanks, Floyd!

Mike

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2231
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 7:42:10 PM   
Arigoth

I'm flummoxed! I am struggling to figure out the LCU Production Screens.

1. Delay A, V, M??

2. What is the chart telling me?

3. FTY On and FTY Prodn? Cal Prd? Total Prodn? Delay Pts Need? Etc Etc Etc

This is an incredible tool and an overwhelming amount of information. We all owe a debt of gratitude to Floyd for all of the obvious work this tool entails.

I am trying to slog through understanding all of the production stuff before I offer myself up as a sacrificial lamb in a PBEM game. The production system is incredibly complex and fascinating. I love it. Guess I'm a logistics junky or maybe just masochistic.

Thanks for all the efforts.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2232
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 9:26:44 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arigoth

I'm flummoxed! I am struggling to figure out the LCU Production Screens.

1. Delay A, V, M??

2. What is the chart telling me?

3. FTY On and FTY Prodn? Cal Prd? Total Prodn? Delay Pts Need? Etc Etc Etc

This is an incredible tool and an overwhelming amount of information. We all owe a debt of gratitude to Floyd for all of the obvious work this tool entails.

I am trying to slog through understanding all of the production stuff before I offer myself up as a sacrificial lamb in a PBEM game. The production system is incredibly complex and fascinating. I love it. Guess I'm a logistics junky or maybe just masochistic.

Thanks for all the efforts.

This one is one of Damian's masterpieces, so he'd need to explain it.

(in reply to Arigoth)
Post #: 2233
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 9:38:42 PM   
beppi

quote:

quote:

Yes that looks perfect. I assume that is just the difference between AMT and TOE.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2234
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 10:46:42 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes that looks perfect. I assume that is just the difference between AMT and TOE.

Correct - simple subtraction.

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 2235
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 11:17:21 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

Hi guys - great work on Tracker.

If possible could you please add Parent and SubParent columns to the LCU page to display units that have been broken down via the Editor (as opposed to the /a, /b, /c in game splits)? If you already have this functionality in Tracker please point me in the right direction.

Here is an excel version I put together for my use using an LCU CSV dump from Tracker, and then scanning units one at a time in the WITPAE Editor. It would be nice if this could update throughout the game automatically in Tracker. Since the info is in the scenario files I would think it should be accessible to your program.

Change .txt to .zip to get the excel file.

Thanks!

I added the primary unit in the details. I'm guessing you'd like more, but what would it be...?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 2236
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/13/2011 12:42:36 AM   
FeurerKrieg

That's helpful, but I'd love to see it as a column in the sheet so you could sort it just like any other field and easily see where all the units of a given Primary unit are located. I realize there will be a lot of blank cells, but that would be what I'd like to see.

Thanks again for all your work on this!

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2237
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/13/2011 3:01:30 AM   
floydg

quote:

That's helpful, but I'd love to see it as a column in the sheet so you could sort it just like any other field and easily see where all the units of a given Primary unit are located. I realize there will be a lot of blank cells, but that would be what I'd like to see.

Thanks again for all your work on this!

Column added.

Post #: 2238
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/13/2011 6:20:40 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Awesome!!!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2239
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/13/2011 11:01:08 AM   
zace

When i went to 7.1 I no longer have regions. How do I get the region file?

Post #: 2240
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/13/2011 12:58:37 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: zace

You can do it manually, but better to import it. This is explained here: http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/regions-1

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 2241
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/13/2011 2:38:10 PM   
cantona2

Is it possible to have an alert letting us know when a unit has upgraded its TO&E please? I know we already get the one letting us know TO&E can upgrade but another one letting us know which unit in particular has upgraded would be of great help, especially in Australia where the Australia Command gets to move from one end to another lending its support to upgrading units

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2242
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/13/2011 9:33:52 PM   
floydg

quote:

Awesome!!!

I also added a tooltip summarizing the organization:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2243
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/14/2011 12:09:45 AM   
kaleun

I'd just love to be able to use this utility. I tried the "vcredist_IA64.exe or vcredist_x64.exe hotfix from microsoft ." fix, but I still get this error(See attachment)
What am I doing wrong?

Attachment (1)

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2244
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/14/2011 12:31:18 AM   
zace

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: zace

You can do it manually, but better to import it. This is explained here: http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/regions-1

What is the best region file for supply when all chinese railroads are held. Basically which would break the regions across supply groups the best?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2245
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/14/2011 12:37:18 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

I'd just love to be able to use this utility. I tried the "vcredist_IA64.exe or vcredist_x64.exe hotfix from microsoft ." fix, but I still get this error(See attachment)
What am I doing wrong?

Try running without the map. Use the WitPTrackerNoMap.bat file to accomplish that.

Floyd

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 2246
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/14/2011 4:51:10 AM   
FeurerKrieg

quote:

quote:

Awesome!!!

I also added a tooltip summarizing the organization:

As usual - you go above and beyond! Very cool!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2247
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/15/2011 12:28:32 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

Is it possible to have an alert letting us know when a unit has upgraded its TO&E please? I know we already get the one letting us know TO&E can upgrade but another one letting us know which unit in particular has upgraded would be of great help, especially in Australia where the Australia Command gets to move from one end to another lending its support to upgrading units

Do you have a pair of saves (before and after) so that I can test this out?

Floyd

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 2248
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/15/2011 8:22:03 AM   
kaleun

it worked once, but would only load a turn from an AI game.
I tried reinstalling it and get this error.
I know I'm doing something wrong.
This is so frustrating.

Attachment (1)

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 2249
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/15/2011 9:44:03 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun
it worked once, but would only load a turn from an AI game.
I tried reinstalling it and get this error.
I know I'm doing something wrong.
This is so frustrating.

Your error message is dealt with here -
http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/support

You should un-install the 64 bit microsoft patch and then reapply the 32 bit ... also look at the java configuration 32 bit is what you need.

I understand your pain & it is a bit fiddly with 64 bit OS but it will work - I assure you I've got plenty of users configured.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 2250
Page:   <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI